Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37361 times)
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:41:52 AM

If I can throw my opinion in here:

This is a cool effort and I hope it has some success, as there obviously were way too much coins that had good premises/communities but were inable survive because reasons.
Full disclosure: I'm an active member of the PND community and am developing a neat PND exclusive service (check the signature).

I personally hold a (small) amount of GPUC, because I was really hoping in that project, but the dev was really really inept at making it work (don't know if there were any recent news, i just dropped interest now)

Having said this, I can't even comprehend why would you consider PANDA.
If the aim of the project is to revive coins that had GOOD premises, well PANDA was a scam, it had IPO, it had premine, it had wolong, it had it all. I even remember reading a chatlog between one of the devs and a person with a project similar to this one (I've found it! http://pastebin.com/Vr34eE8W, it's located on the official PANDA thread, page 280 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.5580) The devs have NO interest in this.

That problem has already been taken care of, please don't waste your efforts into such a scam, because:
1. Your premises are not met
2. It was a plain scam
3. Should you succeed the devs would dump again.

Just my 0.02 PND

Jonesd added: "It was only proposed by one person, so..."

Yes, I am that one person. But, I think everyone is missing my point. But, first off I would like to say that I was not an investor or a miner or anything else associated with that coin and had never even heard of it until it made the news as the biggest screw job in crypto-coin history. You can even check my posts on the matter (it was  awhile ago so you may have to go far back) to see that I was warning people to get out (there were still true believers even after the debacle) after the news hit and no comments beforehand (as I had never heard of it).

I would also like to say, that no one, and I mean no one should listen to a PND investor when it comes to PANDA. The entire reason for existing of PND was to poke a stick in the eye of PANDA holders. They were merciless on the PANDA boards making fun of the people that had believed in the coin. Meanwhile, their coin went to zero as well as apparently hate was not enough to fuel buyers. I have nothing against PND as I know little about it, but theirs is no more a "real" coin than PANDA is. In fact, if I remember correctly it was an exact clone of PANDA. And, let's face it the developers were right about Wolong (who I also had never heard of before the disaster). But to listen to this guy is just plain idiotic as hating on PANDA is what they live for.

The criteria says nothing about "good" coins. PANDA had a huge following and has lots of screwed over investors. The developers were not necessarily lazy (as the front page mentions) so much as they were crooks.

But my whole point was that this group should take on a good "story" coin for its first venture. No story is more infamous than PANDA coin. The bigger the disaster the better for the first couple of coins. Some coin that is solid but a little slow is boring and even if the foundation manages to "revive" it, what's the big deal? Reviving a coin like PANDA, however, would be an epic success and put this foundation on the map.

Now, having said all of that I did NOT vote for PANDA. That would be a very big project and I think that maybe a bit more experience might be needed to take on that debacle. I do not know the people running this thread, so maybe I am underestimating them, but I think that a good medium-sized disaster coin Grin might be the way to start things off.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:45:21 AM

NONE of those should be brought - none

Let it go.....

I will add that as an option, so you can vote as well Wink

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:47:22 AM

This is a cool effort and I hope it has some success, as there obviously were way too much coins that had good premises/communities but were inable survive because reasons.
Full disclosure: I'm an active member of the PND community and am developing a neat PND exclusive service (check the signature).

I personally hold a (small) amount of GPUC, because I was really hoping in that project, but the dev was really really inept at making it work (don't know if there were any recent news, i just dropped interest now)

If the aim of the project is to revive coins that had GOOD premises, well PANDA was a scam, it had IPO, it had premine, it had wolong, it had it all. I even remember reading a chatlog between one of the devs and a person with a project similar to this one (I've found it! http://pastebin.com/Vr34eE8W, it's located on the official PANDA thread, page 280 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.5580) The devs have NO interest in this.

That problem has already been taken care of, please don't waste your efforts into such a scam, because:
2. It was a plain scam

Just my 0.02 PND

Yes, I am that one person. But, I think everyone is missing my point. But, first off I would like to say that I was not an investor or a miner or anything else associated with that coin and had never even heard of it until it made the news as the biggest screw job in crypto-coin history. You can even check my posts on the matter (it was  awhile ago so you may have to go far back) to see that I was warning people to get out (there were still true believers even after the debacle) after the news hit and no comments beforehand (as I had never heard of it).

I would also like to say, that no one, and I mean no one should listen to a PND investor when it comes to PANDA. The entire reason for existing of PND was to poke a stick in the eye of PANDA holders. They were merciless on the PANDA boards making fun of the people that had believed in the coin. Meanwhile, their coin went to zero as well as apparently hate was not enough to fuel buyers. I have nothing against PND as I know little about it, but theirs is no more a "real" coin than PANDA is. In fact, if I remember correctly it was an exact clone of PANDA. And, let's face it the developers were right about Wolong (who I also had never heard of before the disaster). But to listen to this guy is just plain idiotic as hating on PANDA is what they live for.

The criteria says nothing about "good" coins. PANDA had a huge following and has lots of screwed over investors. The developers were not necessarily lazy (as the front page mentions) so much as they were crooks.

But my whole point was that this group should take on a good "story" coin for its first venture. No story is more infamous than PANDA coin. The bigger the disaster the better for the first couple of coins. Some coin that is solid but a little slow is boring and even if the foundation manages to "revive" it, what's the big deal? Reviving a coin like PANDA, however, would be an epic success and put this foundation on the map.

Now, having said all of that I did NOT vote for PANDA. That would be a very big project and I think that maybe a bit more experience might be needed to take on that debacle. I do not know the people running this thread, so maybe I am underestimating them, but I think that a good medium-sized disaster coin Grin might be the way to start things off.   

We have quite a strong technical team, but Panda probably requires massive marketing and PR to work. Maybe with more experience, indeed Smiley

Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:05:44 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 12:22:45 PM by Joesixpack9000

2. It was a plain scam

Just my 0.02 PND

Yes, I am that one person. But, I think everyone is missing my point. But, first off I would like to say that I was not an investor or a miner or anything else associated with that coin and had never even heard of it until it made the news as the biggest screw job in crypto-coin history. You can even check my posts on the matter (it was  awhile ago so you may have to go far back) to see that I was warning people to get out (there were still true believers even after the debacle) after the news hit and no comments beforehand (as I had never heard of it).

It's been disqualified for good reasons. I agree with your opinion with making a good story by reviving a, quote you - "good medium-sized" disaster coin, not the freaking Chernobyl or Hiroshima equivalent in terms of effort and risk, which Wolong's PANDA clearly is.

Why would the foundation bother spending that much time on a coin when there's the following factors to weigh in that clearly affects the effort to reward ratio?

- Wolong's past and current association to the coin
          o People will never let go that he stole hundreds of thousands from the community
          o The coin had not only an IPO (a mega no no) but also a disgusting 3% premine (a super duper mega no no)
          o He has over a billion coins left over to dump the crap out of it and hurt more traders and will give the foundation a bad rep

- Already a direct (superior) competitor with Pandacoin (PND)  
          o Started off as a clone yes, but with an active development team, PND is rapidly evolving to rebrand and incorporate new technologies and development to ensure its survival and usage. It has a leg up on Wolong's scum coin already by far with a consistently 400+ mhs and ever growing multipool and upcoming developments this week by inplementing either POS or merged mining with DOGE to remain asic resistant. Market price and volume reflects this superiority very clearly.
          o You call it a clone when it started off, but it was a damn superior clone when it started off with 0 IPO and 0% premine
          o Has the backing of 4chan as the foundations of a growing community.

In the end it was a wise move for the foundation head to disqualify PANDA, as you've said yourself, they should take on a 'medium-sized' disaster coin project to drum up a good story instead of trying to climb bloody Mount Everest solo without any gear or supplies.

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:18:26 PM

I would also like to say, that no one, and I mean no one should listen to a PND investor when it comes to PANDA. The entire reason for existing of PND was to poke a stick in the eye of PANDA holders.

I actually agree with every word in the quoted part, except "holders".
You shouldn't trust a PND comunity member with regards to PANDA, that's why I stated a full disclosure. But do your own research!
But PND wasn't made to poke a stick int the eye of PANDA "holders". It was made to screw the devs, yes. Because the devs were/are scammers and had already scammed people. Some of those are actually capable people.
I am sorry that people invested in PANDA nontheless. I got scammed myself on a (different) occasion, and it serves me well, for the future.

Meanwhile, their coin went to zero as well as apparently hate was not enough to fuel buyers.
But I can't agree on the second part of your post. You see, in the beginning PND was made to screw wolong, jacobux and co., and it succeded.
The interest was getting low, and it was delisted from the BTC markets. I've come around the PND comunity around that time.
That's when something magical happened. People started asking what was the future for PND, should we just let it go? PoS and merged mining was being discussed. A multipool was made for PND, and come on, how many coins can take pride in their own multipool? The dev made 3 tipbots. I started 1#, some other anon made dice and stuff.
Right now, the value is rising steadily. A comunity has formed, determined to made something more of PND.
Maybe a month ago it would seem that it would make a good candidate for this thread's pool. But we're making it on ourselves. And it's a great experience.

tl;dr:
1. PANDA is a scam, revive good coins not scams
2. PND has become much more since the initial release, check out the recent trends.

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
vsmamm

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:20:52 PM

Yes. A lot of shitcoin(such as ipo coins ) made by the devs, when they got money ,they left away.
I think the community should work togather , let the real good coins and devs get supports.

yeah, I agree with you. too many shitcoins have been made. Angry

pikimunga

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:27:46 PM

We have quite a strong technical team, but Panda probably requires massive marketing and PR to work. Maybe with more experience, indeed Smiley
Agree, we're not even close to having that much power

- Already a direct (superior) competitor with Pandacoin (PND)  
          o Started off as a clone yes, but with an active development team, PND is rapidly evolving to rebrand and incorporate new technologies and development to ensure its survival and usage. It has a leg up on Wolong's scum coin already by far with a consistently 400+ mhs and ever growing multipool and upcoming developments this week by inplementing either POS or merged mining with DOGE to remain asic resistant. Market price and volume reflects this superiority very clearly.
          o You call it a clone when it started off, but it was a damn superior clone when it started off with 0 IPO and 0% premine
          o Has the backing of 4chan as the foundation of a community.

In the end it was a wise move for the foundation head to disqualify PANDA, as you've said yourself, they should take on a 'medium-sized' disaster coin project to drum up a good story instead of trying to climb bloody Mount Everest solo without any gear or supplies.
Agree with the last part, but even though PND may have come as a replacement for PANDA it is essentially a different coin with possibly a huge part of different users, I don't think you should be using that as an argument against it! As for the pre-mine, you can lock the remaining funds out or send them into oblivion with the first wallet update you release, by making an exception for 1 transaction in the block you fork the chain at! Alternatively you could re-launch with a new genesis block containing all older public keys and balances except the pre-mine ... and whatever wolong stole!

66 Pool 0% fees, 0.5% default donation, support development of 66 coin by donating to 66 address: 1Ls16L4c4HBffi2xCJXjF7kpD9iVqyzJWY
66 coin forum
JTB800

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:28:57 PM

Do you see what I mean? PND is not even on the list of coins for revival and the defenders are all over this board. Why in the world would they be here? Well, it is because they only have one mission in life and that is to beat PANDA. It is why they formed, it is why they still exist. It is like listening to a Red Sox fan describe a typical Yankees fan. It will not be filled with compliments!

Again, I did NOT vote for PANDA, nor do I think it should be the first coin chosen. But, I am interested in hearing about other disaster story coins. What I am not interested in hearing about is the revival of some coin that is not on the list. It is just oh so nice that PND is working on reviving their disaster of a coin, but I am unsure why I should care. Wait...check that...I don't care.  
Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:36:45 PM

Do you see what I mean? PND is not even on the list of coins for revival and the defenders are all over this board. Why in the world would they be here? Well, it is because they only have one mission in life and that is to beat PANDA. It is why they formed, it is why they still exist. It is like listening to a Red Sox fan describe a typical Yankees fan. It will not be filled with compliments!

Again, I did NOT vote for PANDA, nor do I think it should be the first coin chosen. But, I am interested in hearing about other disaster story coins. What I am not interested in hearing about is the revival of some coin that is not on the list. It is just oh so nice that PND is working on reviving their disaster of a coin, but I am unsure why I should care. Wait...check that...I don't care.  

You care enough to display that you are discontent. But I only see you whining, but not even attempting to counter my clear objective arguments why it would not be wise for the this foundation to revive 1 of the 2 coins that you've suggested.

The guys involved with the foundation clearly get it why it's a bad idea. Only you don't. What's missing buddy? Say it so I can paint the picture clearly for you and others that are reading this thread.

It does not matter if I have any vested interest in either coin or not. I'm just laying down facts. Cold. Hard. Hitting.  Facts.

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
vsmamm

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

Angry i think PRT(particle coin) is a good coin. but few people know about it

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:44:56 PM

You care enough to display that you are discontent. But I only see you whining, but not even attempting to counter my clear objective arguments why it would not be wise for the this foundation to revive 1 of the 2 coins that you've suggested.

The guys involved with the foundation clearly get it why it's a bad idea. Only you don't. What's missing buddy? Say it so I can paint the picture clearly for you and others that are reading this thread.

It does not matter if I have any vested interest in either coin or not. I'm just laying down facts. Cold. Hard. Hitting.  Facts.

Take it easy, guys. Smiley

All in all, it sounds like a risky ordeal, but there are things pro and con. For now, it will be disqualified, because is sounds really dubious, so I don't want to risk malicious people upvoting it.

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:45:29 PM

This is your time and the perfect place to tell us exactly why people should consider it! Smiley

dandybtc

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:48:15 PM

I like this coin too, the wallet is very beautiful Wink

JTB800

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:08:15 PM

Ummm... I don't think you actually read my post. I see that you "quoted" it though. If you look at the very words you quoted you will see right there where I say that I do not think that PANDA should be chosen as the first coin. I even said that I did not vote for it -- I even put the word "not" in all caps so that people like you would see it.

So, I don't know why you are asking me "what's missing buddy" and am equally unsure of what you want me to "say" so that you "can paint the picture clearly" for me.

You may be laying down the "facts" as you say, but what in the world does PND have to do with anything? I didn't bring them up, they are not on the list of potential revival coins, and I am unsure how the supposedly wonderful team at PND has relevance to this thread.

As far as countering your "clear objective arguments", I thought that pikiminga did an excellent job of that just a few posts above this one.

Now, if you have a story to tell that involves a coin that is actually on the list, I will eagerly read your post. I think that it would be in the best interests of everyone involved in this thread to have fans of a particular coin tell their "story". It would be interesting and could help with enthusiasm and voter education. I made the case for a couple of the ones that I am familiar with and would definitely have an interest in hearing about those that I am not familiar with. But, I do not care about PND -- I don't understand why you are having so much trouble comprehending that.  

vested

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:31:02 PM

Can we add PND to the poll?
july77

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

Its KARMA guys, not Karmacoin anymore, but "Karma", the first PoC coin, sharing a company shares for holding coins.
Great Devteam (Unfortunately the original dev gave up), Great community, Greate Spirit and ambitious.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0
waldistons

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

I voted for GPUCoin. Why? No ASICs yet, idea was great, store was running, product was in stock. Only so called CEO James fucked things up. Sooo sad... Sad I'm still waiting for my GPUC bounty Cheesy

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:07:50 PM

Qubitcoin is not dead and doesn't have to be revived.   Roll Eyes

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
nuttynoah

Activity: 229

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:32:36 PM

Spots is dead and nearly buried, it's a shame as the original concept to use them to buy precious metals was great.
So i vote Spots.
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:29:37 AM

I wouldn't consider GPUcoin dead as such. It has active dev's it just needs a marketing push. I'd suggest thats its a LARGE project and requires almost full time dedication. Maybe not the sort of coin you guys are looking for.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: