Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:30:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we take on Frycoin as an innovation experimentation coin?
Yes - 13 (52%)
No - 9 (36%)
No opinion - 3 (12%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED...  (Read 37361 times)
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:14:29 PM

NEWSFLASH

QUARKBAR PULSE and Cryptocoin Revival Foundation were mentioned on CryptocoinsNews!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

I would like to suggest "Heisenberg" (HEX) as a possible candidate for your services.

Thank you for considering...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:41:58 PM

CRF implements PULSE in Frycoin

As our experimentation coin, we will test PULSE on Frycoin starting from block 265,000! We will release new wallets later today!

Pulse WHITEPAPER:

In short:
No transactions --> Slow creation of new blocks
Busy network --> Fast creation of new blocks
Mining power needed far lower --> As little as ten nodes are sufficient!

You can find the new code at https://github.com/CryptocoinRevival/FryCoin

We will use this test to see if PULSE behaves like we want it to Smiley If so, we plan to implement it in Quarkbar by the beginning of August.

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to holidays, most of the team is abroad for the two upcoming weeks. Our trusty member ZRO will be online to answer questions and keep watch Smiley

See you again at the end of the month!

zro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:53:06 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to holidays, most of the team is abroad for the two upcoming weeks. Our trusty member ZRO will be online to answer questions and keep watch Smiley

Sure are!

Hi guys Smiley
Don't hestitate to pm me or visit our IRC channel for questions!
Sinohe88

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Hey zro,
i have a coin suggestion for revival
TWECOIN

it's one the good rare coins out there
very unique algorithm with an up running wallet and strong network
it has it's own algorithm (first and only of it's kind)
no premine at all
no instamine

but unfortunately it hasn't an active developer or community right now
you guys may just want to take a look at this great abandoned coin
i believe it worth for revival
zro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:58:18 AM

Hey zro,
i have a coin suggestion for revival
TWECOIN

it's one the good rare coins out there
very unique algorithm with an up running wallet and strong network
it has it's own algorithm (first and only of it's kind)
no premine at all
no instamine

but unfortunately it hasn't an active developer or community right now
you guys may just want to take a look at this great abandoned coin
i believe it worth for revival
Thanks for the recommendation Sinohe88.
We'll take it in to account when we're back with the full team.

Will keep you posted!
ratohe

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:52:33 AM

Hi,

I'm member of the small community of KimDotCoin miners.
I don't know if this is the right place for my question, because DotCoin is "just another scrypt clone".
But the problem is we need a working blockchainexplorer and the dev seems to be gone.
We deceided to raise a bounty of 500k DotCoin for building a blockchainexplorer.
The bounty is complete and in my wallet. If someone here is able to solve our problem pls post a link in

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550851.260

and you'll get the bounty.

DotCoin  1419cv5bjEBdDseiky89FfNhztMSCD3spm
Sinohe88

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:45:44 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Sinohe88.
We'll take it in to account when we're back with the full team.

Will keep you posted!
thank you
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:48:39 PM

Great initiative and idea, this can only be good for the reputation & future of Alts.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:03:46 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm back!

SRBOOTH

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:36:09 PM

Anyone here privy to the state of Fugue coin. The chain is still functioning and small trades ( listed a 3 exchanges )

What happened to this? I was even able to solo mine it and confirm transactions...but nothing at forum.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

Anyone here privy to the state of Fugue coin. The chain is still functioning and small trades ( listed a 3 exchanges )

What happened to this? I was even able to solo mine it and confirm transactions...but nothing at forum.

It's suffering the same fate as is likely to befall all the other algo-themed coins eventually, interest has dwindled to near zero.

Time and technology moves on; what was algorithmically hot in early 2014 is simply tepid four months later. At some point in the future, there may be a renaissance but I can't see a compelling reason for that happening any time soon, even with the current high level of dissatisfaction with new coin launches.

3 exchanges? I can only find it on one.

But, I'd be grateful for a copy of getpeerinfo results, I can't find anything to sync to.

For comparison, Grøstlcoin made a much better job of the marketing and what we're seeing here are basically the consequences of that crucial difference.

Nevertheless, one of the stronger points of this particular altcoin is that it is a “single malt” coin amidst a raft of “blended” (multi-algo) offerings (e.g. sifcoin, quark, qubit, nist5, twe, x11/12/13/14).

I need to explain my analogy ...

One source of my enlightenment (on the topic of “single vs blended”) is the SiFcoin dev's rationale for the design decision to adopt a multi-algo approach (google translated): “Complication chain to the length of 6 different hash functions and increase bit depth to intermediate 512 - attempt to protect from further development of extremely efficient Mh / s gpu-algorithms and theory, "simple" Gh / s devices”.  No mention of security, just a possibility of limiting GPU advantage.

The other source of my enlightenment is the posts made to the stackexchange discussion Guarding against cryptanalytic breakthroughs: combining multiple hash functions. Zooko's and Thomas' posts in particular bring a realistic appreciation of the issues.

Somehow, a simple and straightforward tactic to limit GPU advantage has mutated into security theatre: “super secure hashing” (Quark), “X15 adds 2 extra layers of hashing to the popular and already very secure X13 hashing Algorithm” (Maiacoin).

When it's boiled down to the essence: for an altcoin, a tactic of chaining hash algos can't be proven to increase security nor can the tactic be proven not to reduce security, the latter weakness being a default FAIL according to accepted best cryptographic practice.

This fact will be appreciated by altcoin engineering connoisseurs in a fashion I can only feebly analogise to the “single malt” vs “blended” dimension, hence my description of Fuguecoin as a “single malt” altcoin.

Cheers

Graham

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 04:59:20 PM

I would like to suggest "Heisenberg" (HEX) as a possible candidate for your services.

Is there an "official" way of suggesting a coin?

Is there any other information you might require for consideration?

We will provide whatever is needed if we can.

Thank you!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:43:59 PM

Thank you!

Currently we're working on Quarkbar, but we are always open to helping out. Anything you need help with?

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:42:23 PM

Thank you!

Currently we're working on Quarkbar, but we are always open to helping out. Anything you need help with?

Ultimately, bringing the coin back from the edge. There are some very good ideas floating around but we lack the talent to implement them at this time. Let me go back and discuss with the remaining community before I answer, I wish to be sure I am conveying their wishes.

Be back shortly, thank you!

DNotesVault
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:27:59 AM

FRYCOIN REVIVAL GIVEAWAY

Coin downfall?
Without a market it is really hard to judge the value of a coin. I would say it is likely at half a Satoshi right now as people where not even buying up this coin anymore on C-Cex.

Final Revival Effort
I would still like to see it succeed, so I would like to make a big pot of the coins and use this to have a gigantic lottery where we redistribute a large part of the coins to new users. I talked with Frycoin and he will give me access to the Twitter account to run a Giveaway.

Currently there are over 61M created coins and with Pulse the creation has slowed down a lot. I think it would make sense to try to gather around 5M coins and redistribute these over a large group of users. These will try to get the coin on new markets again, helping the coin to get back up on its feet.

As a longtime miner, I have mined around 5M coins myself and I am willing to donate a large chunk of this --> 2.5 Million Fry

If we are able to reach 5M coins as a community, I am willing to spearhead this campaign and will try to revive it by getting more people involved.

DONATE TO MAKE IT SUCCEED!
With the current value of the coin it makes sense to donate a large chunk for this final revival effort. The coins are on the verge of being forgotten.

GOAL
We should reach at least 5M Fry with this revival effort for me to start. (hopefully we will get much more) I will not charge a fee for this, but want our first PULSE coin to succeed! Smiley

Donation Address:
Donate to FHEfCBpXF8LznLYHYKUSuyTAYbsHGYCgJ5. Send me a PM with the amount and your name and I will include you in this topic as a supporter. If we do not reach the goal, you will get your Fry back!
You can follow the transactions here: http://explorer.cryptocoinrevival.com/address/FHEfCBpXF8LznLYHYKUSuyTAYbsHGYCgJ5

Supporters:
1. JonesD - 2,500,000

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:26:05 PM

Thank you!

Ultimately, bringing the coin back from the edge. There are some very good ideas floating around but we lack the talent to implement them at this time. Let me go back and discuss with the remaining community before I answer, I wish to be sure I am conveying their wishes.

Here are the main items I got back for HEX: 

1. We need a programmer that can spend some time making improvements.
2. We need a community that will pitch in and help. **
3. We need to convert over to PoS.
4. We need an anon solution.

That's what everyone wants.  ** Number 2 is actually still there but, they don't know how to assist or what to do to turn the coin around. Number 4 I'm not sure on. I think it might be helpful but feel the change to POS would be the biggest help aside from community support and advertising/getting the word out/etc.

DNotesVault
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:32:37 PM

Thank you!

Here are the main items I got back for HEX: 

1. We need a programmer that can spend some time making improvements.
2. We need a community that will pitch in and help. **
3. We need to convert over to PoS.
4. We need an anon solution.

That's what everyone wants.  ** Number 2 is actually still there but, they don't know how to assist or what to do to turn the coin around. Number 4 I'm not sure on. I think it might be helpful but feel the change to POS would be the biggest help aside from community support and advertising/getting the word out/etc.

How is the mining currently. Does the network still have power?

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:32:47 PM

SOLOMINE Challenge

The main pool fry.bitember.com seems to be down, so we need you to help solomining the coin! With the low difficulty, it is really easy to mine yourself some FRY!

If you help Frycoin out, you will get your mining gains tripled by us! You can share your results by sharing a screenshot like this one:

HOW to SOLOMINE

1. You need to open the Frycoin Wallet which can be downloaded here: https://github.com/CryptocoinRevival/FryCoin/tree/binaries

2. Go to Help> debug window

3. Go to the console and type

Code:
setgenerate true

(3b. You can also specify to use a limited amount of cores, by typing the number of cores you want to use. When you want to use two, it would be like this:

Code:
setgenerate true 2

4. When you want to stop mining, you can type

Code:
setgenerate false

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: