Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox's final impact on BTC...  (Read 2463 times)
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:46:40 PM

Its all so complicated and hard to speculate on but given the fact that the liquidators will likely settle for way less than market price means that the customers aren't likely to get too much back after every things said and done and again likely not for few years

If the liquidators will sell now all the bitcoins with let's say 200 or 300 $ per btc, and after a year of paper work and stuff will give back the money to creditors - in dollars -  while at that time bitcoin will be 10000 $ and not 200 $, can't you sue the liquidators because they caused you to lose tons of money by selling your bitcoins ?
 Especially if most of creditors actually wanted bitcoins back and not dollars or yen ?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:54:35 PM

This is verbatim from "The Associated Press" regarding Mt. Gox. "An administrator will try to sell the Company's assets and many creditors, including those that had Bitcoins with the exchange, are unlikely to get any money back." The 200k coins are assets of the Company, whether or not they have names attached to them. If the customers do not get any BTC/money back in the Bankruptcy proceeding, that suggests that there are a ton of creditors that are legally standing in line ahead of them. For this reason, I can only assume that the Japanese Bankruptcy Court will be forced to liquidate the 200k BTC in some way. Until I saw this article, I was under the impression that there would be enough Company assets to, at least, get some value back to customers. I doubt that creditors, that are lucky enough to get anything, will want their portions returned in anything but fiat. Let me just note that I am a BTC enthusiast on every level and I own my coins at an average price of approx. $495. Put another way, I'm on your side! I am just trying to present facts and interpret them the best way I can. The facts are the facts but my interpretation of them may be dead wrong. If so, help me better understand this dilemma . I'm still very new to BTC but I do know, with certainty, that it has survived a lot of of tough hits. In my mind, that means that BTC is here to stay and strong enough to dust off the inevitable and final impact of the Mt. Gox mess. All we can do, at this point, is wait and see what happens and hope that the Bankruptcy "administrator" educates him/herself on the BTC Market and spreads sales over an extended time. That approach would get creditors their maximum return and mitigate damage to the BTC community. Best regards. Jr65    

Come to the wrong place if you are seeking reasoned insight about the final blow from the MtGox case......but I suspect that you are much cannier than you are trying to make out and you are already well aware that you are likely to be hit with nothing but partisan spraff about how MtGox is already priced in, nothing bad will happen to Bitcoin price, liquidators wouldn't be so stupid as to sell all the BTC all at once and drive the price down, etc etc.

You just want to drop your message and get the goons chewing over it and the realities it implies as they desperately try to twist it into a 'Totally harmless' or even a '2 da moon' flavour more to their liking, with perhaps a few of the more complis mentis posters realising that this cannot be contorted into anything other than a negative conclusion.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:08:37 PM

You just want to drop your message and get the goons chewing over it and the realities it implies as they desperately try to twist it into a 'Totally harmless' or even a '2 da moon' flavour more to their liking, with perhaps a few of the more complis mentis posters realising that this cannot be contorted into anything other than a negative conclusion.

There is no such latin word as "complis mentis" Mat, stop using things which you can't wield. That includes sarcasm and TA, too.

i am satoshi
capsqrl

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:31:02 PM

Everybody's talking about the 200kbtc that Mt.Gox found, but nobody's talking about the 650kbtc that they supposedly lost. There's a real chance that these are legitimately lost and not stolen (indeed I have seen no evidence of that many btc having been transferred on the blockchain).

Panicking over the liquidation of 200kbtc must be tempered with the possibility that 650kbtc are permanently taken out of circulation.

Norsk Bitcoin-bruker? Kom til /r/BitcoinNO på reddit!
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:36:16 PM

One does not simply lose 650k btc. Someone has access to those coins.

knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:54:07 PM

One does not simply lose 650k btc. Someone has access to those coins.
OT
hell I just would like to buy that HP Dual Xeon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271454141226?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

bid £300

but coindesk index says noop ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: