[Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin

<< < (44/131) > >>

liondani:
Quote from: baddw on April 22, 2014, 03:18:12 PM

"...but now I understand why the AngelShares/BitShares fundraiser/IPO was so convoluted, with a set amount sold per day in an "auction" format.  It may have been hard to understand at the time, but now I see the wisdom of it.

Hope David Irvine will take at least some advices from Dan Larimer (bitshares founder).It is never to late...
Investors would have more confidence if in some way they cooperate to  bailout their IPO in a succesfull way.
At least I would personaly believe more on the safecoin project, knowing that some real experts, that understand economics better, are behind it.

svk31:
Quote from: maidsafe on April 22, 2014, 03:13:38 PM

dirvine’s reply:

Quote from: dirvine on April 22, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

Quote from: Zooey on April 22, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

Just an FYI for anyone looking for reliable info;
I messaged David Irvine about a concern I had and he's responded in this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577149.msg6338462#msg6338462

We then seen the Mastercoin blockchain explode and this will initially amazing, then it was very fast. A mastercoin block explorer site showed the sale as sold out and that was then delight into shock.

This was due to the fact MSC holders just send to an issue address and MSAFE are automatically returned. BTC hodler though had to send to a BTC address where they are collected in the background and manually xferred to MSAFE. I was in shock, all those BTC inputs had not been processed, we are all shut out (all in the office to). That was not great.

I then was straight on to the Master protocol guys (also all nighter for them) and said is this all true, have we sold out in a couple of hours? We had not, in fact it was less than 50% (Still a huge amount).

What's a bit strange about this is that the Mastercoin donations "exploded" thanks to several huge donations from what I suppose are Mastercoin founders. Someone donated 9176 MSC for example, another one 8624. Those guys are working closely with Maidsafe to enable this fundraiser, you might think they would warn them that their assumption of 10% of donations via MSC was likely to be way off, especially considering the steep discount on Safecoins via MSC compared to BTC.

10 adresses donated 83% of the total 93892. There's a donation of 25000 in there, maybe that's Maidsafe themselves buying up the rest of the coins as explained by David Irvine? If not that's one big whale.. It happened 1.5 hours before the final donation though.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this mess.

liondani:
from   https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/vkr5mty4k4s

connorc...@gmail.com    
6:56 PM (17 minutes ago)

I think you guys should offer an official apology to the people on the wrong end of this decision you made. I understand you had your reasons, but this really screwed me and many other people over. On your site you said that the sale would run for a month, and that BTC and MSC would be accepted for that time.

Knowing that the MSC -> MaidSafeCoin conversion ratio allowed us to get a sort of discount on the sale, I and many others converted BTC to MSC in the past couple days, getting ready for the sale. Most of us paid at a ratio of around 0.15 BTC/MSC, thinking that we'd buy MaidSafeCoin at 0.2 BTC/MSC (as per your stated rules). Now, I go to check the safecoin sale THE DAY OF THE SALE, and Mastercoin transactions have been closed, and MSC is back to 0.1 BTC/MSC. I could convert back to BTC and buy MaidSafeCoin, but I've just lost a 3rd of my money in this price fluctuation, which was caused by your decision to shut down MSC sales.

I think you owe SOMETHING to people who had been excited and intending to invest in your company, and who you [inadvertently] jipped out of 1/3rd of their investment.

I would expect a company dependent on the kind of public goodwill which makes this kind of thing possible, to return the favor in some form.

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:01:13 AM UTC-6, David Irvine wrote:
- show quoted text -

John Kypri    
7:09 PM (4 minutes ago)

If you expect to get anything for your mastercoin change them fast the current price doesn't reflect liquidity. I don't give a fuck about mine, I know they've got no inherrent value so why be a cunt like these scum and sell them on. Hard lesson in greed! Samsung laptop stuck on ins.. really annoying pressed ins doesn't do anything, possible shit windows 8? any suggestions would be appreciated.
- show quoted text -

connorc...@gmail.com    
7:09 PM (3 minutes ago)

The easiest thing your organization could do to fix this is to simply follow your originally stated plan for the crowdsale, and accept MSC for the amount of MaidSafeCoins previously stated. Or do you want to be known as an organization that so easily can go against your word (which heavily affects your investors financially)?
If you get more MSC than you bargained for, why not just sell the extra you have for BTC? That is the fairest way to run this funding project, by sticking to your previous agreement with previous investors.

If you hope to ever have another crowdfunding event like this, it's going to be hard for future investors not to hear about this first.

luffy:
what if the  wallet that we sent the BTC payment shows many BTC adresses as sending?
mine shows 4 BTC addresses as sending , in which address the safecoins will be sent to?
i see others as well

financial_analyst:
best strategy is to wait until the price in the secondary market drops by 90-95% after some weeks as with counterparty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page