Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:39:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 03:54:50 PM

I would strongly advise to stay away from building a community on slack. It's not the best platform to build a free and open privacy conscious community. Semaphor by SpiderOak is a better option in this point in the project's reboot. It's free and requires no e-mail or password to sign up, there is a recovery sentence associated with your account. The company behind it was endorsed not once, but twice by Edward Snowden.

"SpiderOak doesn't know your information. That's what Zero Knowledge is all about. Everything is encrypted. There is no "reset your password" with them because by doing so that would negate the encryption. So, make sure to remember your password phrase. Believe me, this is a good thing."

http://www.inc.com/travis-wright/a-secure-slack-alternative-that-edward-snowden-would-love.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 04:22:05 PM

I would strongly advise to stay away from building a community on slack. It's not the best platform to build a free and open privacy conscious community. Semaphor by SpiderOak is a better option in this point in the project's reboot. It's free and requires no e-mail or password to sign up, there is a recovery sentence associated with your account. The company behind it was endorsed not once, but twice by Edward Snowden.

"SpiderOak doesn't know your information. That's what Zero Knowledge is all about. Everything is encrypted. There is no "reset your password" with them because by doing so that would negate the encryption. So, make sure to remember your password phrase. Believe me, this is a good thing."

http://www.inc.com/travis-wright/a-secure-slack-alternative-that-edward-snowden-would-love.html

Its there, just like the subreddit is there

I didn't make either of those

Feel free to spearhead a community on a new channel

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
dvijaydev46

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 09:17:00 AM

Hi,

It might have been discussed already, but I couldn't find the details I need. I'm planning to mine BBR and I have a GTX 1060 and RX 480 on the same system. I tried this miner and it detects both GPUs and works. I'm using Windows 7. I would like to know these things:

1. I have a slow internet and the GUI wallet takes a lot of time to sync the blockchain. I would like to download it from here http://boolberry.com/downloads.html#blockchain_proof . But I don't know which one to download, whether the last one or the previous one.
2. After downloading the block chain, where to put it in Windows? I have installed the package in a nondefault location.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Vijay
@bb

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 11:43:31 PM

Hi,

It might have been discussed already, but I couldn't find the details I need. I'm planning to mine BBR and I have a GTX 1060 and RX 480 on the same system. I tried this miner and it detects both GPUs and works. I'm using Windows 7. I would like to know these things:

1. I have a slow internet and the GUI wallet takes a lot of time to sync the blockchain. I would like to download it from here http://boolberry.com/downloads.html#blockchain_proof . But I don't know which one to download, whether the last one or the previous one.
2. After downloading the block chain, where to put it in Windows? I have installed the package in a nondefault location.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Vijay

The blockchain.bin location in windows 7 is \users\{your_login}\AppData\Roaming\boolb

the AppData folder is hidden so change the setting of your explorer to show hidden folder. But the full blockchain would be much bigger and longer time to download, just let it it sync automatically so it download the pruned blockchain which is more compact, if you have adequate RAM around 8 gb the download won't take half day with 3mbps downstream. The pruned blockchain itself about 3.5GB size.
Notrag

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:06:19 AM

New BBR Pool Setup.

Looking for Help to setup a pool in Southeast Asia - as I commonly find latency issues and connection problems with stratum to the 2 major BBR pools currently (dropped shares etc) as they are quite a distance from Australia.

Wondering if anyone in the community can help me set this up on a Ubuntu 14.04 server in my Azure subscription?

Happy to reward someone with 200 BBR for helping me set this up? Is this the newest BBR example universial cyprtonote pool code? https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool/blob/master/README.md

Ive tried several times to deploy a pool but with little Ubuntu knowledge I continually hit to many walls. Help from a seasoned pool setup user would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, just wanting to do my bit to make the BBR network stronger by spreading the network.

Thanks,

Notrag.
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:20:36 PM

The critics - and there are only a couple - are people that have no ability to contribute to the code, no resources to mine, and I doubt their positions in Boolberry are enough to influence the market when their confidence wavers. The people that have any of those three things are pretty content with the direction of things. They aren't complaining.

You lose credibility every day by attacking your "critics". Anyone reading this thread knows it is far more than a "couple" who do not trust you. You have no idea if some of your critics have an ability to code, resources to mine or what their BBR market positions might be. You are the newcomer here and long time community members trust you less the more often you continue to make such false statements.

CryptoZoidberg absolutely has more credibility than you among this community so attacking him is not helping you either.

If you want to help, then create a worthwhile pull request and stop spending time here attacking long time community members.

1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 05:49:33 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 06:14:15 PM by 1blockologist

The critics - and there are only a couple - are people that have no ability to contribute to the code, no resources to mine, and I doubt their positions in Boolberry are enough to influence the market when their confidence wavers. The people that have any of those three things are pretty content with the direction of things. They aren't complaining.

You lose credibility every day by attacking your "critics". Anyone reading this thread knows it is far more than a "couple" who do not trust you. You have no idea if some of your critics have an ability to code, resources to mine or what their BBR market positions might be. You are the newcomer here and long time community members trust you less the more often you continue to make such false statements.

CryptoZoidberg absolutely has more credibility than you among this community so attacking him is not helping you either.

If you want to help, then create a worthwhile pull request and stop spending time here attacking long time community members.

That was not a reference to CZ, the bottom of that post has a compliment to CZ

the statement was to show a contrast between what is written, versus what the miners and other silent participants actually do. the aggregate crowd is optimistic about any scenario in the development of boolberry.

It would be disingenuous for me not to have an opinion about what people choose to use as qualifiers for my credibility. Some of it is great criticism, a lot of it is arbitrary and based on misunderstandings, and my responses have resulted in better outcomes with people that initially had different conclusions.

You're right though, back to the code!

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:07:09 PM

Is there a way to differentiate blocks mined with rune edition versus zoidberg client? Anyone making an estimate on nodes running rune versus original client? Would be interesting to see some actual numbers...
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 06:13:37 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 06:04:33 AM by 1blockologist

Is there a way to differentiate blocks mined with rune edition versus zoidberg client? Anyone making an estimate on nodes running rune versus original client? Would be interesting to see some actual numbers...

Didn't think of doing it that way, but one RPC server update will put client version information in the node metadata. They currently don't report much

I'd like to be able to show health of the network and the nodes, what you have in mind will also be visible too

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
ShibeDoge

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:32:37 AM

Hi there!
Are there any news coming? Look like is pumping again or what?
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 11:53:31 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 03:16:02 AM by 1blockologist

Hi there!

maybe some speculators just anticipate the bi-weekly updates these days!

posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611499.msg16695368#msg16695368

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
ShibeDoge

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:37:36 PM

Hi there!

maybe some speculators just anticipate the bi-weekly updates these days!

posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611499.msg16695368#msg16695368
Thank you!
Coinopoly

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:28:08 AM

Greetings fellow traders,

We've launched a new crypto news outlet called "Coinopoly" to help traders identify unique market opportunities without having to do the bulk of the research.

Coinopoly is an experiment in ad-free news. We're self-funded and open to community donations from anyone that benefits from our content. We've made huge plays in the past by getting in early with Bitcoin, Darkcoin and many others. We're going to start sharing our research with the public so others can benefit from it.

Boolberry is on our list for the next big play in crypto. In this article, we'll make the case why BBR is a guaranteed winner. In addition, you'll also find a nice easter egg relating to CZ and the cryptonote protocol.

https://coinopoly.xyz/monero-boolberry-and-the-return-of-crypto_zoidberg/
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:39:23 AM

Hi there!

One possible thing that could be happening is that non-crypto people who brocktologist knows are accumulating. I have been involved with at least one project where a majority of the coin was accumulated by people in the mainstream (non-crypto types) that knew about the project and development and purchased large amounts, while "crypto-types" argued back and forth on the thread about this that and the other and missed the opportunity to accumulate altogether.

Now, let me clarify - I do not know that this is happening with BBR - but it wouldn't surprise me either.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 02:26:51 PM

In addition, you'll also find a nice easter egg relating to CZ and the cryptonote protocol.

Speculation CZ is one of the original cryptonote developers? No wonder people watch this so closely

Looking forward to merging any code updates he makes to the daemon

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Coinopoly

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:36:34 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2016, 03:47:31 PM by Coinopoly

In addition, you'll also find a nice easter egg relating to CZ and the cryptonote protocol.

Speculation CZ is one of the original cryptonote developers? No wonder people watch this so closely

It's speculative, but the circumstances seem to prove otherwise. The similarities between Satoshi leaving Bitcoin and crypto_zoidberg leaving Boolberry, makes one wonder if the crypto pioneers leave their projects to see if they can withstand the test of time.

Our main concern with BBR is that the majority of the coins available for sale are on Poloniex. Once BBR starts running, it will be near impossible to withdraw the coin from Poloniex without stakeholders sacrificing their identity and other personal information.

We have a proposal that can solve this problem. If the community removes their buy support temporarily and push the price down into the sub 1k range this would allow stakeholders to remove their funds from the exchange, thereby avoiding Poloniex's withdrawal limits. At the moment, Poloniex is operating like Ponzi scheme. They keep users funds on the exchange so that they're forced to trade rather than withdraw their funds; meanwhile, they're making the money off the trading fees.

There's a reason why there's so much volume on Poloniex.. it's because funds are trapped there. We're all part of a community project that promotes financial privacy, we should all make a concerted effort to boycott Poloniex.
xador106

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:37:44 PM

It's speculative, but the circumstances seem to prove otherwise. The similarities between Satoshi leaving Bitcoin and crypto_zoidberg leaving Boolberry, makes one wonder if the crypto pioneers leave their projects to see if they can withstand the test of time.

Our main concern with BBR is that the majority of the coins available for sale are on Poloniex. Once BBR starts running, it will be near impossible to withdraw the coin from Poloniex without stakeholders sacrificing their identity and other personal information.

We have a proposal that can solve this problem. If the community removes their buy support temporarily and push the price down into the sub 1k range this would allow stakeholders to remove their funds from the exchange, thereby avoiding Poloniex's withdrawal limits. At the moment, Poloniex is operating like Ponzi scheme. They keep users funds on the exchange so that they're forced to trade rather than withdraw their funds; meanwhile, they're making the money off the trading fees.

There's a reason why there's so much volume on Poloniex.. it's because funds are trapped there. We're all part of a community project that promotes financial privacy, we should all make a concerted effort to boycott Poloniex.
When you think BBR is going to be running for good??  Again
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 10:29:55 PM

Chainradar's Boolberry block explorer and info has been down since the beginning of October. I've been attempting to contact them about this to no avail (through their contact form).

Anyone else know how to reach those guys?

The reason this is important is because several services use Chainradar as a source for what the block height is, as well as how many Boolberry there are in existence.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Coinopoly

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:38:30 AM

When you think BBR is going to be running for good??  Again

We're hoping this calm before the storm will permit stakeholders to withdraw their holdings from Poloniex.

Chainradar's Boolberry block explorer and info has been down since the beginning of October. I've been attempting to contact them about this to no avail (through their contact form).

Anyone else know how to reach those guys?

The reason this is important is because several services use Chainradar as a source for what the block height is, as well as how many Boolberry there are in existence.

MinerGate offers a Blockchain explorer: https://minergate.com/blockchain/bbr/blocks
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:42:12 AM

BBR is dead, dev dropped it.

move to other notes or EXCL on Bittrex

yolo
Pages: « 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: