Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curiosity versus currency  (Read 3158 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 08:05:31 AM

If what good traders do, like a capacitor (understood, btw, I know about analog integration), is smooth out the price...then why is an arbitrary number of dollars per chicken, the cost of gasoline, the "value" of your mortgage supposed to double every ten years?  Who is gaming the game?

New dollars coming in dilute the value. This is why Bitcoin is capped at a known amount and no one has a special place, unlike the dollar and it's lords.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 08:11:12 AM

Also "smooth out" is not the same as "hold exactly still". Things in the real world change and prices reflect that. The better and more quickly they reflect that the better plans we can all make.

In terms of Bitcoin price, if Bitcoin is ultimately going to be the main money in the world then signaling this as quickly as possible lets people rationally start building the infrastructure that will be needed. If it is going to fail and be worthless knowing that in advance would save lots of effort and resources. Whoever can tell us the truth (or be most accurate) will get paid, people who mislead with wrong predictions pay that bill in money lost from trading.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
BBanzai (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:30:58 AM

I am so accustomed to seeing the "main money" in the world belonging to, and ultimately being destroyed by empires, it is taking me some time to imagine in detail that which attracts me most to this new toy.  If it becomes a widely accepted currency, the government will freak out and try hunting down the "source".  Of course, there isn't one, by definition...but they will try none the less.
Olomana

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 07:47:44 AM

I have services to offer.  I'm not convinced that offering them for BC will enamour me to my clients.

For your existing clients, probably not.  Will accepting bitcoins attract new clients?  Again, probably not, but this is the right question to ask.

For me, trading a few bitcoins back and forth makes me part of the drama while I wait for the bitcoin economy to mature to the point where there is something that I want to do that is more conveniently done with bitcoins.
ronwan

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 11:31:40 PM

Ronwan, you give me hope.  But bear in mind my sense of time.  If the government shall be cast down as a Golden Calf, then why do the commoners need to starve by the machinations of the financially clever?  How is that an improvement?

The government has to be "cast down" so that the commoners DON'T starve.  Not all people are skilled and can provide this market function at a profit.  Thus the don't help AND they loose money. They eventually go away.  Most people need to use bitcoins not speculate in them.

As far as starvation, as I said, successful grain speculators KEEP people from starving.  That was my point.  Voluntarism is the best way to maximize the commoners standard of living in my view.
BBanzai (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 08:26:32 PM

Could you explain in detail how speculators in grain prevent people from starving?  I am NOT arguing, I actually do not understand this and would like to hear it explained.  I have a very rough idea that increased price of grain is good for speculators and bad for hungry people, but I am well aware that my models are over-simplified at this point.  If you would, please continue.
bitrick

Activity: 64
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 01:12:35 AM

In its most simplest form:

The crops all come in at the same time. The farmers need money to pay their loans back - they can't wait. So they sell. All at once. The price plummets, the supermarkets get great prices, but the farmers go broke and starve. Enter the speculator. He has extra money, he knows the price will likely rise in the near future. He buys the wheat and warehouses it. The price rises, he sells and makes money. With money to be made, the speculators compete for the wheat at harvest and eventually the price does not plummet at harvest anymore.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 01:35:38 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2019, 09:16:18 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Personal Sandbox

Original Post Below the Fold

Get Your FIXZ !!!

More channels being demonetized.

How is plantation vital to program?

Note: First use (unless warranted) of neologisms and terms indigenous to YuTü.Co.in are in bold (as depicted; glossary found at bottom of OP). Images - selectively cited - gleaned from the Net [to illicit emotions].

FIXZ is YuTü.Co.in's ERC-20-compliant native stablecoin available ONLY on our proprietary exchange, YTC-Sox, having trading pairs with every yAltcoin (yALT) - neo-asset class crypto-commodity pegged to a participating YouTube channel: initially backed by hard assets of YuTübopolis, Inc., prominently [purposed] 622-acre YuTübopolis Center; futurely, ALSO pegged 110% to viable yALT yaltz (shares) sourced from the Retention Pool (linked to below the fold).

Entrance to YuTübopolis Center
4009 Carters Creek Pike, Franklin, TN
(image incorps link to complementary YouTube vid)

FIXZ Schedule

Pre Sale

Price........Allotment.....Total.....
$.0125
1M
$12.5K
$.025
1.5M
$37.5K
$.05
3M
$150K

Pre Sale Total: U$200,000 (U$200K)

Price........Allotment.....Total.....
$.10
10M
$1M
$.20
10M
$2M
$.30
10M
$3M
$.40
10M
$4M
$.50
10M
$5M
$.60
10M
$6M
$.70
10M
$7M

Hard Cap: U$28,200,000 (U$28.2M)

(Unsold FIXZ - 25M max - Reserved for Onboarding YouTubers as Lynspinz)

Not a single FIXZ held by principals et al. of YuTübopolis, Inc.
ALL doled accordingly.

Bonus

One PAQ (virtual miner/dowzer; follow link) rewarded for every U$25 worth of FIXZ purchased during the pre-sale offering, thereafter 1 PAQ rewarded for every U$50, U$75, U$100 ... worth of FIXZ purchased (mirroring HERE, precise [fair and reasonably balanced] schedule forthcoming, expanding upon the incremental U$25 increases).

Each PAQ is capable of dowzing (mining) no less than U$2,628 worth of crypto-commodity yALT yaltz per year based on the generation of one block exactly every two minutes (262,800 yaltz per year per PAQ), yaltz trading for no less than U$0.01 (1 U$ ˘ent) each on YTC-Sox. FOR EXAMPLE, verified well-esteemed YouTubers like Jenna Marbles, Ryan ToysReview or DataDash could relatively easily have their yALT yaltz trade well north of U$1.00 each IF registered as a Lynspinz on YuTü.Co.in. Mentioned YouTubers' proposed stylized TicSyms [Ticker Symbols]: JennaM, RYAN and DataDash (respectively) - inspired by their logos depicted in images below, linked to reciprocal YouTube channels.

YuTü.Co.in's YTC-Sox trading platform could feasibly act as an IPO proving ground for the most successful YouTubers' yALTs, exemplifying their carryover TicSyms (ticker symbols) for eventual inclusion on legacy non-crypto exchanges and/or the likes of Patrick Byrne’s security token trading platform - t0 (tZERO Group's logo as depicted).

Not a single PAQ held by principals et al. of YuTübopolis, Inc.
ALL doled accordingly.

About YuTübopolis Center:

YuTübopolis, Inc.'s purposed YuTübopolis Center property is currently offered by country music's most iconic couple, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, formerly owned by one of the 20th century's most significant and influential American singers and songwriters, Hank Williams [Sr], listed by Fridrich & Clark Realty (link). Our overarching ambition is to outright purchase the historic plantation for the apropos intentions outlined below.

Plantation Highlights:

• 622 Rolling Acres (~1 square mile; gated & fenced; abuts scenic Harpeth River)

Images courtesy of Fridrich & Clark Realty

Aspirations: (sans apologies if perceived too GAWdiose)

• First and Foremost, YuTübopolis Center (governance) Dually Acts as Our Physical HQ and Multi-use Campus
  • Re 12-Stall Barn & Pasture: earmarked for pedigree bloodstock alpacas; outsourced to vetted local/regional YouTuber/Lynspinz who's accomplished in said livestock field

Image courtesy of Fridrich & Clark Realty
  • Ample Acres Dedicated for Growing Organic Herbs, Vegetables & Berries: outsourced to vetted local/regional YouTuber/Lynspinz who's accomplished in said field; future expansion may include a greenhouse and/or vertical grow facility on the plantation

• Re the 2 Caretaker Residences: 1 housing 2 ground keepers; 1 housing alpaca and garden keepers (2 occupants)
  • Built On-site Fully Furnished Rustic Cabins (approx. dozen) Overlooking Harpeth River to Accommodate Guests: predominantly, luminaries from the YouTube and crypto spaces utilizing our facilities

• Provide On-site Parking for Guest-owned RV/MH/Travel Trailers (~12 berths designated)
  • Silo Converted to an Ole-timey Castleish Micro-living Quarters for Accommodating Invited Dignitaries

...................Current...................
    Projected (homologous)

Left image courtesy of Fridrich & Clark Realty
  • Hire Various In-house Coders Sourced From:
  • Implement a Formidable Indoor/Outdoor Lynspinz Studio, Analogous to YouTube Space, Rivaling the Pop-up Venue in Nashville, TN: catering to renowned and fledgling start-up YouTube channel creators alike; develop an auxiliary, more ambitious Lynspinz Studio located in Nashville, TN, eventually expanding to TBD global locations

(image incorps link to its source)
  • Fully Endow US-based [B&M] YouTubers Hall of Fame (YHoF): naming subject to copyright considerations; inspired by, and [proposed] under authority of New Media Rockstars; complete with a paying-homage memorial wing, Walk of Fame, and YouTube-themed restaurant and gift shop (franchisable; reminiscent of Cracker Barrel) featuring mouth-watering entrées et al. prepared as seen in videos by current and deceased[1,2] YouTubers who produce(d) cooking channels; YHoF's locale and restaurant's name TBD by consensus

Auntie Fee's Shrimp
    (proposed YouTube-theme restaurant entrée)
  • Produce Exclusive YouTube Channels
    • Besides a Dedicated YuTü.Co.in Channel, Back Existing or Yet-created Crypto Channels
    • Pedigree Alpaca Breeding/Raising Channel (onsite; cited above)

• Organic Herb/Vegetable/Berry Gardening Channel (onsite; cited above)
    • Music Channels (filmed on- and offsite)
    • Gaming Channels (filmed in our dedicated gaming facility)
    • Cooking Channel (filmed in H. G. W. Mayberry House/Beechwood Hall's kitchen)
  • Sponsor a Yearly Multi-day VidCon-esque Expo at Nashville's Music City Center Featuring Keynotes and Exhibits by Exceptional YouTubers and Crypto-based Entities (including myriad vendors hawking services designed to further YouTube channel brands; reasonable entry fees for vendors and attendees; dates TBD)

• Form and Financially Back YuTüFoundation: YuTübopolis, Inc.'s non-influential oversight org.; chiefly embodied by Lynspinz, freely reporting back to their peers that all's well or something's afoot
  • Produce Feature-length Movie Starring Named YouTubers (proffering a conceptualized Neo Sci-fi Noir Thriller)
  • Publish FIRST Physical Monthly Periodical Catered to YouTubers - YuTüZine: name subject to consensus; [proposed] outsourced to BTC Media, conveniently based in Nashville, TN
  • Visa- or MC-backed Debit Cards Depicting Image Likeness of Venerable YouTuber/Lynspinz (hand-picked by YuTü.Co.in member according to [fan's] preference)

PAQ:

Also known as "virtual miner", a PAQ (rhymes with pack) basically represents permission to dowze (mine) a specific yAltcoin (one yAltcoin at a time). Upon their purchase, each PAQ is numbered/timestamped, a lower numbered PAQ usually receiving priority when queuing to dowze yaltz if all other metric considerations are relatively equal. The more PAQs one has under their control (prime metric), the more yaltz one earns from the yAltcoins they're directed towards.

PAQs are available for purchase at any time directly from YuTü.co.in. Prices will vary during the different stages of development but will never exceed U$500 per PAQ. Registered PAQs can be deployed to dowze any yAltcoin, so long as at least one of the 100 slots are available. Anyone can become a PAQer upon enrolling as a YuTü.Co.in member, purchase at least one PAQ and register it to dowze yaltz of their preferred or [highly likely] most profitable yALT.

Distribution/Pricing Schedule

• Up to 20,000 PAQs sold: $25.00 ea. (<15K priorly dispensed)
  • 20,001 – 30,000 PAQs sold: $50.00 ea.
  • 30,001 – 40,000 PAQs sold: $75.00 ea.
  • 40,001 – 50,000 PAQs sold: $100.00 ea.

PAQs will continue to be sold after this point, increasing in price increments of U$25.00 per every 10,000 sold, again, up to the maximum price point of U$500 per PAQ, culminating at 1 million assigned PAQs in satisfying the dowzing of 10,000 Lynspinz at 100 slots per (think: scarcity). Money raised from the sales of PAQs will be used to fund exchange operations, website development and security, as well as to occasionally purchase YTC tokens directly from select Lynspinz in support of their brands, hodling their yaltz for at least a 90-day duration.

Retention Pool:

There will be a total of 100 slots for PAQs for each registered yAltcoin (yALT). Thus, if one owns 10 PAQs that are all registered to dowze the same yALT, they will receive 10 yaltz of that particular yALT for each block period they are active. If all PAQ slots for a yALT are not filled, the outstanding yaltz generated in each subsequent block will be meted to the corresponding Lynspinz, namely if there are 60 PAQs currently dowzing a yALT, the non-allocated 40 yaltz of each block will go to the Lynspinz, complimenting the yaltz that their appropriated free PAQs will generate. anchor needed

The creation process of new yaltz will ensue as follows:

A total of 217,187,500 yaltz will be generated for each yALT over a period of 1,562,500 2-minute blocks, translating roughly to 5.95 years. After the first 781,250 block period (1/2 of the total creation period), the yaltz reward structure will change: 117,187,500 yaltz issued in the first half; 100,000,000 yaltz issued in the second half.

Structure of the 2 periods is as follows:

Period #1 (first half):

From Block 1 to Block 781,250, 150 yaltz will be generated every 2 minutes, consistently, which is roughly equal to 2.97 years. Of these 150, 100 yaltz will be issued to active PAQs (or remaining balance to Lynspinz if less than 100 PAQs are dowzing); 28 yaltz will be set aside in a Retention Pool (to fund FIXZ, development and other functions); an additional 22 yaltz will be set aside into a Reserve Pool to compensate each yAltcoiner possessing yaltz of closely ranked yALTs pegged to YouTube channels that have been shut down or deleted from YouTube, for whatever reason, or delisted from YTC-Sox for not meeting the minimum requirements set by YuTü.Co.in.

Apportionments:

• Reserve Pool: 22 yaltz
    • 10 yaltz: Faucet Pool (yaltzet pool) for first 10,000 blocks only (100,000 yaltz meted from a dedicated yaltzet)
    • 23 yaltz: FIXZ / Development Pool (after 1st 10,000 blocks upon satisfying Faucet Pool above; 13 yaltz prior)
    • 5 yaltz: YouTube Hall of Fame (YHoF) Trusted Escrow Pool

Period #2 (second half):

From Block 781,251 onward, 128 yaltz will be generated every 2 minutes until Block 1,562,500 (the last block), also roughly equaling 2.97 years. Of these 128, 100 yaltz will be issued to active PAQs (or Lynspinz; see Period #1 above) and the remaining 28 yaltz will go to the Lynspinz directly.

Apportionment:

• 28 yaltz to Lynspinz

Glossary:

First 781,250 Blocks (half):

An additional 22J will be Hashed During the First 781,250 Blocks Acting as a Reserve (17,187,500 yaltz)
    10J: Faucet Pool for First 10,000 Blocks Only (100,000 yaltz meted from a dedicated yaltzet[G])
    10J: Development [et al.] Pool (after 1st 10K Blks; 5J prior)
    5J: YouTube Hall of Fame (YHoF) Trusted Escrow Pool
    5J: Max Supplement (augmenting 3J) to Lynspinz Depending on Ranking (criteria TBD)
    5J: Max to Affiliate Depending on Lynspinz' Ranking (criteria TBD)
    2J: Guaranteed to Lynspinz from Onset of PAQing[G]
    1J: Founder's Pool
    Second 781,250 Blocks (half):

23J Minimum to Lynspinz (max 28J if no affiliate)
    5J Maximum to [Usually Just One] Affiliate (splitting of shares available dependent upon an affiliate's makeup)
    At the end of less than six years, each Lynspinz will receive no less than U$250,000 worth of their yAltcoin yaltz if: their YouTube brand maintained minimum ranking criteria; there's an attached affiliate; their yAltcoin sustained the maximum 99 sojourning PAQers dowzing yaltz; their yAltcoin doesn't surpass trading above 1 U$ ˘ent (U$.01) per YuTüSharez (yaltz).

Although it's theoretically possible for a Lynspinz to earn all U$2M worth of their yAltcoin yaltz, a realistic maximum will be somewhere north of U$281,250 if: their YouTube brand maintained maximum ranking criteria; there's not an affiliate; less than 99 PAQers dowzed their yAltcoin yaltz; their yAltcoin trades above 1 U$ ˘ent (U$.01) per YuTüSharez (yaltz).

The diversification was especially prevalent among millennials (ages 25-34) as 44% of the respondents in this demographic broadened their portfolios.

https://digiday.com/media/demographics-youtube-5-charts/

Original post below the double horizontal lines.

I need BTC to make quick, nearly feeless micropayments.

+1

This is paramount if we want Bitcoin to succeed.

Original post below the double horizontal lines.

BBanzai: You are a master with words. Smiley Do you think the bitcoin exchanges are any different from other financial markets, in theory? Isn't the goal the same everywhere, to do successful trades? Smiley

"You are a master with words." +1

I, for one, love BBanzai's writing style. He has a way with drawing me into his infectious hypothesis (or plural: ses).

Bitcoin: Where Liberty Blossoms[/list]
    BBanzai (OP)

View Profile
    August 02, 2011, 04:40:18 AM

Hypothesis?  And here I thought that I was asking questions.  As you like.  I understand a little better now how speculators make farmers more successful, its the consumer side that I do not have a clear picture of.  Competition lowers prices, consumers are people that can not produce themselves what they purchase.  Theoretically they produce an excess of things that farmers do not or cannot and so trade is indeed fair.  But I have seen a disconnect in this model in the real world.  The consumer class does not produce much that the productive class seems to value.  And so they find themselves impoverished by clever-clever people and haven't the slightest idea what happened.
    BBanzai (OP)

View Profile
    August 02, 2011, 05:00:00 AM

Ronwan, I was hoping to hear your reply.
    ronwan

Activity: 25

View Profile
    January 10, 2012, 07:44:45 AM

Ronwan, I was hoping to hear your reply.

Sorry folks, got busy and off the forum for a while.

As was stated by others, speculators buy "and Store" crops to make money in the future. In this way consumers are helped because when we go to buy bread there is not a shortage just before harvest. It is available year round and the speculators flatten out the price bumps between harvests.  How this helps farmers was explained but I hope you can see that as consumers, our current needs as well as our future needs are taken care of by speculators who are happy to store and sell food to us year round.
    Seal
    Donator

Activity: 848
    Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2012, 01:21:16 AM

I have never been a gambler, or traded words for indemnity.  I have earned my keep by solving specific puzzles that my clients could not.  The idea of arguing one's way into a paycheck is offensive to me.  Studying Bitcoins is well within my demeign. 

Out of interest, what's your day job?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
    A clean crypto asset management terminal
    Pages: « 1 [2]  All
      Print  

Jump to: