Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin / Namecoin question !  (Read 637 times)
Markcus (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:46:31 AM

Hi everyone... I got a quicky question, I am hashing at about 2.8 gh. In my Bitminer profile my bitcoins mined has not moved in 3 days yet the namecoins have go up.... Is this normal ?

PS; With GUIMiner I mine at .0002 bitcoins per day so I know its something to do with Bitminter.

-Thank you to anyone that can answer this.

Markcus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:03:15 AM

If one mines BTC via Bitminter one also gets NMC because of merged mining. Consider this a bonus. I keep my NMC and then when there is a bull market in the BTC/USD rate sell my NMC for BTC.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:17:44 AM

If one mines BTC via Bitminter one also gets NMC because of merged mining. Consider this a bonus. I keep my NMC and then when there is a bull market in the BTC/USD rate sell my NMC for BTC.

Smart plan... NMC is way too cheap to sell now.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:07:34 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 11:08:34 AM by notbatman

.bit needs to be quick and easy for NMC to be bullish IMO.

I should note that .bit gives Bitcoin and Bitcoin business the ability to survive the internet being "shut down". http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/u-s-surrendering-control-internet/#!DRi11

my 12 1/2¢

"the sideshow admission was twenty-five cents, two bits, the fourth of a dollar" -- some fuzzy logic
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:40:32 AM

Hi everyone... I got a quicky question, I am hashing at about 2.8 gh. In my Bitminer profile my bitcoins mined has not moved in 3 days yet the namecoins have go up.... Is this normal ?

PS; With GUIMiner I mine at .0002 bitcoins per day so I know its something to do with Bitminter.

Markcus

I am not familiar with bitminter, but if they work like other pools you only get BTC when they succesfully solve and confirm blocks. If the pool is out of luck no BTC are generated and no one get's paid.

Namecoins are solved in parallel and is possible that namecoin blocks are solved and confirmed while no bitcoin blocks are solved. So it is possible to gain namecoin but not bitcoin.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:46:04 AM

All I can think of is BTC has a much higher difficulty the NMC so your not producing BTC for that reason.  However it could also just be that your having a technical issue.  I've never used Bitminter So I'm no authority on the technical aspects of mining there.
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:10:50 AM

Ok I had a look at the site and the statistics they provide:

The pool's hashrate is around the 750 TH/s mark.

According to the block statistics solving a block takes them between 10 hours and 4 days as i would expect with only a tenth of the hashing power the big pools provide.

So bitcoin not rising for 3 days while namecoin is rising is a totally normal and expected behaviour for that pool I wouldn't worry.

If the site and client tell you that your mined shares are accepted everything is allright you just have to wait for the next block to be solved and confirmed.

blackvoice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:20:49 AM

Markcus

I think it's normal.

Calm down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: