Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:17:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone good at analyzing the block chain?  (Read 785 times)
CryptoMiner (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:40:15 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 08:00:03 PM by CryptoMiner

I'm trying to figure out if this is an old Instawallet( or Paymium) address

15KUecgaW2x4tDwRWfpnMJxq4RRJ5Z7fQN

I sent 3.2btc into it like a dumbass a few days ago copying the first wallet that came up in my client when I clicked the "addresses" tab instead of the "receive" tab. Turns out it was an address I sent coins in and out of back in 2011. Now I'm trying to figure it out to get them back.

I am in touch with Boussac who is looking into it. Someone has access to the wallet since the coins have been swept into another wallet. A very active wallet at that. You guys have a take on what it could be?

You can look here for more info https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448918.0, but I'm not sure being in the Beginner's category would yield someone capable of doing a deep analysis of the blockchain.

Of course there's a nice bounty for successful recovery. Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinUO

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:04:52 PM

I sent 3.2btc into it like a dumbass a few days ago copying the first wallet that came up in my client when I clicked the "addresses" tab instead of the "receive" tab. Turns out it was an address I sent coins in and out of back in 2011. Now I'm trying to figure it out to get them back.

I am in touch with Boussac who is looking into it. Someone has access to the wallet since the coins have been swept into another wallet. A very active wallet at that. You guys have a take on what it could be?

You can look here for more info https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448918.0, but I'm not sure being in the Beginner's category would yield someone capable of doing a deep analysis of the blockchain.

They are gone, hopefully a lesson which is worth more than 3.2BTC has been learned. Stop for 10 seconds and review everything before you broadcast a transaction.
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:13:33 PM

They are gone, hopefully a lesson which is worth more than 3.2BTC has been learned. Stop for 10 seconds and review everything before you broadcast a transaction.

Cant believe I've been dealing with crypto since 2011 and still can make a dumb mistake like that.
crypto2k

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:23:05 PM

Been there. I accidently sent a test LTC using the "Addresses" instead of "Receive" address. That was dumb thing of my part. Lesson learned.  Smiley
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

least it was a test, lol
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:14:00 AM

Wow guys, Paymium/Instawallet have confirmed that the address is indeed theirs and are working to get my bitcoins back! Awesome.

Wow, an address from 2011.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:21:10 AM

Wow guys, Paymium/Instawallet have confirmed that the address is indeed theirs and are working to get my bitcoins back! Awesome.

Wow, an address from 2011.

I hope you can get back your btc very soon, good luck Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: