Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] 3x 5870, MSI 790FX-GD70 and AMD Sempron CPU  (Read 1397 times)
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:39:04 AM

I have an agreement with fulepp to sell him:
- 3x 5870, one XFX, 2 Saphire (one of the latter has issues with the fan at low RPM, but has been working fine at 90%)
- 1x MSI 790GX-GD70
- 1x AMD Sempron 140 with stock cooler

All the hardware is working great except for the fan thing mentioned. All cards have the BIOS tweaked to allow lower memory clocks (150Mhz) and all are doing at least 940MHz stable. There's plenty of dust on the cards, but I'm not charging extra for that Smiley

Price agreed is 100btc, shipping included. fulepp will pay me 70btc first, and the other 30btc will follow in at most 30 days. Once I receive the first payment I'll ship with tracking.

Payment can be done to address: 1PE3R2ADah8EJ16fp5e41BR86me27sNPFK

PS: The 'magic ram speed', as best as I could find, is 190MHz.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fulepp

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 01:58:17 PM

Nelisky,

Thanks for putting  this together. It covers all what we agreed. My address and full name will be sent to you in PM.

Thanks again for your business! It is a pleasure!

fulepp

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 11:41:18 PM

Hi Nelisky,

I just sent you the 70 BTC. I already sent you my address. Please provide me the tracking number for the package.

Peter

- 3x 5870, one XFX, 2 Saphire (one of the latter has issues with the fan at low RPM, but has been working fine at 90%)
- 1x MSI 790GX-GD70

All the hardware is working great except for the fan thing mentioned. All cards have the BIOS tweaked to allow lower memory clocks (150Mhz) and all are doing at least 940MHz stable. There's plenty of dust on the cards, but I'm not charging extra for that Smiley

Price agreed is 100btc, shipping included. fulepp will pay me 70btc first, and the other 30btc will follow in at most 30 days. Once I receive the first payment I'll ship with tracking.

shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:43:43 PM

Question? isnt the 790 a AM2/AM3 board? If so, how do you use the 1x port to mine without bottlenecking the gpu.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:04:52 AM

Question? isnt the 790 a AM2/AM3 board? If so, how do you use the 1x port to mine without bottlenecking the gpu.
Mining uses very little bandwidth at all, 1x works great.
I have a board with 6 5870's on it, 2 of them are using 1x slots, and a third is using an old PCI slot, via a PCI-to-PCIexpress converter. Works great.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:24:56 AM

Mining uses very little bandwidth at all, 1x works great.
I have a board with 6 5870's on it, 2 of them are using 1x slots, and a third is using an old PCI slot, via a PCI-to-PCIexpress converter. Works great.

^^this   and the board has 4x full length x16 slots and 1x x1; "4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots (2x16 and 2x8 mode)1 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slot" and is crossfire capable.

mining and single lanes get along very well. I've got a gigabyte board with 1x x16 and 3x x1 that runs 4 cards quite happily. It even plays videos at the same time with the video out on a x1 lane.

cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 09:16:56 AM

@fulepp: received. As I had told you I'll send today and will provide tracking number.

@everyone else: Communication along the PCI express is hardly the bottleneck with current generation GPUs (when mining). I have ran 4 x 5970 (that's 8 GPU cores) on another board (an ASUS, can't remember the model) using 2 full length PCIe (at 8x) and 2 1x ports, without any performance degradation, though that was an LGA775 board.
kpriess

Activity: 415

Money is the root of all evil.

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 07:12:37 PM

@fulepp: received. As I had told you I'll send today and will provide tracking number.

@everyone else: Communication along the PCI express is hardly the bottleneck with current generation GPUs (when mining). I have ran 4 x 5970 (that's 8 GPU cores) on another board (an ASUS, can't remember the model) using 2 full length PCIe (at 8x) and 2 1x ports, without any performance degradation, though that was an LGA775 board.

If you're using OpenGL only that is..
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 09:38:51 AM

Status update: sent this morning, tracking code provided to fulepp... now we wait Smiley
fulepp

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 10:31:10 PM

Hi Nelisky,

Thanks for the pack! It arrived in one piece. I will clean it and start to use it next week.

I just sent you the remaining 30 BTC. I beleive it will be there shortly.

Peter

- 1x MSI 790GX-GD70

nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 10:35:34 PM

Hi Nelisky,

Thanks for the pack! It arrived in one piece. I will clean it and start to use it next week.

Sorry about the accumulated dust Smiley Everything is in very good shape and I'm sure you will mine many a good coin with it!

I just sent you the remaining 30 BTC. I beleive it will be there shortly.

Received. So bar you having any issue with the hardware, this trade is concluded.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: