Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] MRO Monero trading thread and OTC xchg  (Read 31543 times)
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:54:42 PM

Why such a convoluted order process?
Lowest ask seems to put final market cap ~4,500 btc or about 2 million USD
Much too optimistic at this early stage

this was around a week ago. and now the final market cap is 45,000 btc or ~ $19million based on orders here  Huh
or a 10x (1,000%) increase in 7 days?

putting it at number 7 in rankings. above mastercoin and climbing close to NXT now. without a usable pool, without a GUI. without acceptance on any exchange aside from forum-based trades

definitely in a mania phase. unsustainable pump. I'm not saying this is as high as it will go because market is pretty dumb, definately alot of people can still join the pump but be careful investing.

There are only ~450,000 coins atm

0.00175 x 450000 = 787.5 BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:57:40 PM

this was around a week ago. and now the final market cap is 45,000 btc or ~ $19million based on orders here  Huh

putting it at number 7 in rankings. above mastercoin and climbing close to NXT now. without a usable pool, without a GUI. without acceptance on any exchange aside from forum-based trades

definitely in a mania phase. unsustainable pump. I'm not saying this is as high as it will go because market is pretty dumb, definately alot of people can still join the pump but be careful investing.

Of course. but I am talking about final market cap. MSC, NXT, Ripple, Blackcoin etc (all other coins with largest market caps) have been all but fully distributed, so the calculation of Moneros cap can be comparative to them. (unless you think that those are not your competitors and it can come close to next btc or ltc)

Therefore your stake here will be constantly inflated. You need to beleive this coin will support that ultimate valuation unless you are only involved for short term speculative reasons.

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:03:55 PM

Of course. but I am talking about final market cap. MSC, NXT, Ripple, Blackcoin etc (all other coins with largest market caps) have been all but fully distributed, so the calculation of Moneros cap can be comparative to them. (unless you think that those are not your competitors and it can come close to next btc or ltc)

Therefore your stake here will be constantly inflated. You need to beleive this coin will support that ultimate valuation unless you are only involved for short term speculative reasons.

well all pow coins are based on current coin supply, following your logic, we have seen a heavy inflation in bitcoin, litecoin etc as well.

even though the short term inflation on this coins is quite high, and I think they should not let this market go full retard, the market cap is still really really low, even if you assume that there are x5 coins at the end of the year.
eizh

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:05:49 PM

You keep using the term market capitalization. Yet you don't seem to understand what it even means. Wink
dreamspark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:06:11 PM

You just described nearly every coin there is, including BTC.

What about the coins that are always inflating how do you work it out.

Do you know the inflation rate of monero?
zmeddy

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:10:18 PM

WTB 300-1000 mro @0.0008btc
pm with escrow instructions pls
thx
gaba

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:13:15 PM

Monero can't replace Bitcoin (for now) but Litecoin is easy target. From miners point of view Litecoin just can't keep promises anymore.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:16:19 PM

and now the final market cap is 45,000 btc or ~ $19million based on orders here right now Huh
blablabla

No.

18400000 MRO x 0.00175 BTC = 32200 BTC ~ 13.9 Millions.

Above Darkcoin, its competitor. Above Blackcoin (that is overpriced). Under Namecoin & Mastercoin.

The price of Monero perfectly match its market.
dreamspark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:19:15 PM

Monero can't replace Bitcoin (for now) but Litecoin is easy target. From miners point of view Litecoin just can't keep promises anymore.

You should be careful saying that as monero could easily lose the CPU only credentials.
MoneroExpress

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:23:21 PM

Coming from someone who invests in coins like Whitecoin. Sorry bud, you have been put on ignore lost
Anotheranonlol

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:24:35 PM

well all pow coins are based on current coin supply, following your logic, we have seen a heavy inflation in bitcoin, litecoin etc as well.

even though the short term inflation on this coins is quite high, and I think they should not let this market go full retard, the market cap is still really really low, even if you assume that there are x5 coins at the end of the year.

I'm comparing apples to oranges with comparison of POW to POS, I know. But I think valuation with total supply rather than current should be priced into market. With coins which do not implement POW you can see that in action.

For example we have mastercoin as one of the higher ranking non POW 'alts' , which is pretty innovative, no new coins will be generated, (even as store of value alone that should be a pro) with that knowledge factored in the valuation of msc now is 18 million $. That's what market has decided. and here is what.. 18 13mill or whatever (on final valuation based on todays current bids)

And here we have another innovative coin. but how much more of an increase can you expect to see? 10X increase in a week! really??. another 10x increase over the course of it's entire lifetime, and total valuation will put it just below litecoin today and significantly above the number 3 alt, peercoin.

You know this monero has plenty of room to pump, most noob do not even want to touch a coin without gui, plenty will only buy on exchange. crazy to imagine the overvaluations this can see. could be lots of bagholders.

MoneroExpress

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:29:35 PM

You should be careful saying that as monero could easily lose the CPU only credentials.

Monero emphasizes on anonymity and stealth transactions. Even if it loses CPU credentials, its real merits will always prevail
Anotheranonlol

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

Coming from someone who invests in coins like Whitecoin. Sorry bud, you have been put on ignore lost

First, One does not simply 'invest' in coins like whitecoin. You get in during the hype and dump before reality sets in. happens like clockwork and harder to get wrong than right- few thousand $ profit there. what's wrong with that

If Monero has CPU only credentials plus anonymity and stealth TX it's botherders dream.

My point is simply the price is rising too quickly.

also who are you to talk?- signup april 29 2014. lol

surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:44:42 PM

this was around a week ago. and now the final market cap is 45,000 btc or ~ $19million based on orders here right now Huh

This makes a lot of sense, as Bytecoin's final market cap is just above $20million. So how it is a surprise or "mania" that a fair fork of the heavily stealth mined Bytecoin caught up to Bytecoin in final market cap?
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:54:16 PM

I simply do not get why people argue with final coin supply on a proof of work currency - it makes absolutely no sense. do you really think you can estimate any market condition in ~50 years?  Grin

Anotheranonlol

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:06:43 PM

I simply do not get why people argue with final coin supply on a proof of work currency - it makes absolutely no sense. do you really think you can estimate any market condition in ~50 years?  Grin

Frankly I don't think anyone factors it in either..with perhaps exception to btc, and don't think it matters. I think nobody who buys into this will take into account the valuation based on total supply, because they will not be holding it in 1 year, let alone 10 or more, it's irrelevant.

this was around a week ago. and now the final market cap is 45,000 btc or ~ $19million based on orders here right now Huh

This makes a lot of sense, as Bytecoin's final market cap is just above $20million. So how it is a surprise or "mania" that a fair fork of the heavily stealth mined Bytecoin caught up to Bytecoin in final market cap?

That makes sense, what doesn't to me is that I'm sure many will be investing expecting big returns, let's say 5x as a minimum (i mean you could of seen those returns by buying and just waiting few days last week, even if the market is so shallow right now) so why can't that happen over 1 month, a year...etc.

now for that 5x return, the final valuation based on total supply will be instead $100 million .. secondary to only ltc. blowing all POS coins out the water. more than double ltc's closest competitor. these are established coins operating for years.  This coin doesn't even have GUI. IF the market priced in total supply with this coin as a long-term prospect (which they don't) perhaps the rise would be more gradual.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:10:00 PM

ok. you will have to sell all your mro to fix the market price, because the market is wrong.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
matej krkic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:13:39 PM

Guys, we should discuss our trading orders here, not market cap. You can use main monero thread for this.

So, who wants to buy some monero? I have a stack of 750 coin for sale. =)
Anotheranonlol

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

ok. you will have to sell all your mro to fix the market price, because the market is wrong.

just because I personally think it's overvalued doesn't mean I'm not accumulating.
I know well that you can't fight trend of the market. And for monero outlook is up+

NoodleDoodle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

D*CK Profiler

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:22:56 PM

For sale 2000 MRO @ 0.00165 at any increment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: