Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC price manipulation  (Read 1722 times)
Slicn (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:37:11 AM

If I will launch a big site with BTC/USD rate forecast, will it be cool?
Lot of people will visit this site and see - if it says - buy bitcoins now! - they will buy and price will grow.
When it will turned to sell bitcoins - people will sell, and price will go down. How do you think, should I launch this? Smiley
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:45:41 AM

Lot of people will visit this site and see - if it says - buy bitcoins now! - they will buy and price will grow.
When it will turned to sell bitcoins - people will sell, and price will go down. How do you think, should I launch this? Smiley

There are sites which actually try and predict what the price will be in the next few hours. But nobody follows it based on that.
What you seem to be suggesting is a pump and dump group similar to altcoins, but that will not work for bitcoin at all

Slicn (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:53:31 AM

There are sites which actually try and predict what the price will be in the next few hours. But nobody follows it based on that.
What you seem to be suggesting is a pump and dump group similar to altcoins, but that will not work for bitcoin at all

There are laws which prohibit a public price manipulation in stock markets, which are bigger than Bitcoin.
There are no laws which regulate bitcoin price manipulation, why are you sure that it will not work? It will, if somebody like me will do that. It will not work if usual webmasters will, without my abilities to attract millions on sites.
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:11:38 AM

Newbie members try that everyday with FUD posts. It never works.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Slicn (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:16:27 AM

I dunno what is FUD but you are wrong. My personality here is not a subject to discuss. We should discuss an idea. Please speak about your mind and vision.
And yes - I used a newbie account, because my person should not be shown here. Lem me be a newbie.
above1000

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:40:42 AM

dat the the spirt bro
if u need sum concepts read my thread
BITCOIN GO UP BITCOIN GO DOWN
it a few pages back /\
basic lee if you could get your own exchange
and then use price manipulation as mt gox did
you could make sum big coin
however anything you can do to SEND THIS THING UP
would be much appreciated
Slicn (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:19:41 AM

+1 , I see FUD's and no effects. I see positive posts , like tha of Kim Dotcom's and we see a rise of 30 $ in the price.

You did not understand me. I am not trying to move a price now. I said about if I will make a portal with price informer which will be read by thousands of users who will follow and move the price up or down. Is it hard to understand?
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:03:31 AM

it's not gonna work
except for altcoin, not in bitcoin
if you want your site to be a rate forecast, at least you have a big company that back up your site
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

Many sites and places like this already exists, what makes you think everybody is going to ignore the other places that offer their analysis and 'predictions' and follow yours instead? Launch it if you want but I don't think it will have any impact on the price.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:06:54 AM

Many sites and places like this already exists, what makes you think everybody is going to ignore the other places that offer their analysis and 'predictions' and follow yours instead? Launch it if you want but I don't think it will have any impact on the price.

The only way a site like that could have any effect on the price is if it regularly makes correct predictions for months. Anyone can make a few lucky guesses, but if someone gets it right for longer, then people start putting money on their predictions.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:51:21 AM

For people to follow your predictions they first have to be correct at least several times. So get yourself a disposable $10mil for initial market movements, and start your self-fulfilling prophecies site, it just might work Smiley The longer you are correct, the more traders will follow you, and one day you might be able to recover your initial investmet off your unsuspecting sheeple.

i am satoshi
crypto97

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:30:49 PM

To believe in anything we need multiply sources, not 1! That's why people trade based on may different new events and opinions from around the world. For your idea to work, the info would have to come directly from God.
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:48:05 PM

not cool at all Cheesy
nobody stupid enough to follow your forecast anyway.
they are not your robot
netdev

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:11:14 AM

Actually, all this kind of sites tend to hurt bitcoin value more on the long run  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: