Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:31:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Philosophy] Human - life, death and purpuse  (Read 518 times)
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:23:11 AM

I wanted to share a certain view with you so i created this topic to see if there is anyone else here that shares it, or has something to say, correct me ..etc.

First thing that i believe is that we can live practicaly forever. Only reason why we die is due to our cells slowing down in reproduction, which is hard coded into our dna.
Basicaly, in the future i believe genetics will definetly enable us to make such modifications to our DNA , extending our lifetime
Ok, so why do we die; we live for sole reason to reproduce into a new being, which is in its birth stronger and more imune than us, and after that, our purpuse is no longer, thus,we die.

Its kinda hard for me to say everything i want to explain without writing 100 page sheet, but i hope u get what im trying to say
As long as religions is concerned, believe what u want, but imho all religions are created out of lack of knowleadge and understanding, trying to explain something we couldnt understand.

share your thoughts,remarks etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:03:21 PM

DNA has a half-life of 600 years iirc.

I think if society did start to live beyond 200 years and such, we'd take a lot of things more slowly. For example; education. You wouldn't really be considered an 'adult' until you were 30-40. Honestly, I think the world would operate like the Elves lived in the book Eragon.

ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:48:53 PM

DNA has a half-life of 600 years iirc.

I think if society did start to live beyond 200 years and such, we'd take a lot of things more slowly. For example; education. You wouldn't really be considered an 'adult' until you were 30-40. Honestly, I think the world would operate like the Elves lived in the book Eragon.

im not so much into that how would it look like, my point is more to point out that in the future lifespan of few hundred years will be common as vaccination.
theres so much unknown ground in the field of science, and i fail to understand why.
logic dictates how and why human biology works, im stunned we didnt even scratched that , and some other areas
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

You don't need a body to live.  Your soul will always be conscious.  Though I agree that we may transcend our bodies beyond this physical plane and into higher dimensions.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

Life is without purpose.

That is the reason any institution offering false hope (aka religion) will get lots of gullible people giving up liberty to serve what is asked of them from religious leaders.

That is not to say religions do not offer benefit to the society. Basic moral is taught to people so that society can enjoy momentary peace.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

You don't need a body to live.  Your soul will always be conscious.  Though I agree that we may transcend our bodies beyond this physical plane and into higher dimensions.

You don't have a soul, remember?

You gave your soul to squall when you stole from him.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:05:57 PM

even if i could be immortal, i wouldn't want to be. who would really want to? aside from the fact that you'd outlive all your friends and family, it would just suck to exist as myself.. for a long, long time. i rather just flame out and die, as scary as that is.
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:36:16 PM

even if i could be immortal, i wouldn't want to be. who would really want to? aside from the fact that you'd outlive all your friends and family, it would just suck to exist as myself.. for a long, long time. i rather just flame out and die, as scary as that is.

that only means you have low imagination. ofc i wouldnt want to be imortal working like a slave whole life, but with advancements of technology we will become something beyond..
imagine exploring everything from a new perspective

you could for example have wings and fly on your own, remember, with advanced genetics , anything can become anything else
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:08:38 PM

I would do it in a heart beat. I hate that we are limited to only 70+ years. I would love to see what the world becomes in the future and have the opportunity to explore the universe. 

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

Everyone you could imagine lives in heaven.  Infinite peace and possibilities await.

Even when you die, you will continue to exist.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:26:28 PM

If you think about it deeply, you can see how your descendants are actually an extension of yourself. They are made out of you. It is the only way for you to persist, even if it means starting again in another body. You are simply mixed up with someone else's genes.

Forever strong.
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:58:11 PM

If you think about it deeply, you can see how your descendants are actually an extension of yourself. They are made out of you. It is the only way for you to persist, even if it means starting again in another body. You are simply mixed up with someone else's genes.

true to some point , by my opinion.
but that is just material part of us, what happens to the energy that dissipates into surroundings is another.

glad to see im not the only one debating philosophy while everyone else is chasing money Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: