Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [YC] YellowCoin ★★Pure POS★★ Let's color the MOON !!!1.0.0.3 Updated  (Read 186593 times)
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

Yellowcoin is moving up the voting charts - to position number 6 at MINTPAL!

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkTrix

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:36:36 PM

Hi everyone bought into Yellowcoin! excited for it's future.

I'm new to PoS, could someone please explain how it works to me.

I moved my coins into the wallet 24hrs ago and have clicked the unlock button on the wallet.

Is this correct?

When should i begin seeing stake returns?

Thanks hope you are all well!

RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:05:20 PM

OK, for those of you who are running v1.0.0.1 with their wallet unlocked and yet don't think they are getting their 10% PoS:

First of all, have you received any PoS mining rewards since 4th May? If you have one in the last 24hrs yet it is far too small to be a 10% reward then something isnt right at all - suggest you backup your wallet.dat then flush all your YC files and the data folder from %user%/appdata/roaming, then reinstalling the new wallet from scratch.

If you haven't received any PoS mining reward at all (the crossed hammers symbol, listed as "mined" under Transactions) then close your YC wallet, wait 5 min and then reopen it and unlock it. Clcik the Help menu and "Debug Window", then from that window "Open" the debug log file. Start from the bottom end of the log and scroll up, you'll see a load of "IRC got who" lines then above that is the log of the wallet client starting. Important thing to look for is the "CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake" line, if its not there then your wallet isnt processing your PoS and you probably need to do the reinstall. There is a way you can disable the PoS CPUminer, but if you know enough to do that you probably dont need my help.

Assuming it all looks ok then you just need to be patient, and bear in mind how PoS works - I believe the YC system is based on that introduced originally by Peercoin, where the PoS minting process is dependent on your coin age in a sort of lottery process. Whilst your wallet is running and you have coins which have been sitting in it for longer than the required staking period (24 hours here), it will generate a block every so often attempting to "claim" your PoS reward. As in PoW mining your block has to be accepted by the network to be recorded as a successful transaction and your coins to be credited, otherwise it could be rejected as superceded (someone else beat you to it), or get orphaned as part of a rejected blockchain fork.

The PoS mining difficulty remains very low in order to make it possible for any CPU to create blocks, so that isnt used to enforce the 20sec block creation time. I'm guessing a bit here, and ppl are welcome to correct me, but looking at the blockchain explorer the critical factor seems to be average coin age, which is currently around 2.8 days. Bear in mind that when you receive a PoS reward the age of all your coins is reset to zero, so at the current rate you have to wait another 2 days and 20hrs to receive your next PoS reward. You dont lose out though, as you should get nearly 3 days worth of PoS interest then.

With so many actively staking wallets and a 20sec block time its not possible to average a daily payout, looks like around once every 3 days....

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
DarkTrix

Activity: 532

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:21:56 PM

OK, for those of you who are running v1.0.0.1 with their wallet unlocked and yet don't think they are getting their 10% PoS:

First of all, have you received any PoS mining rewards since 4th May? If you have one in the last 24hrs yet it is far too small to be a 10% reward then something isnt right at all - suggest you backup your wallet.dat then flush all your YC files and the data folder from %user%/appdata/roaming, then reinstalling the new wallet from scratch.

If you haven't received any PoS mining reward at all (the crossed hammers symbol, listed as "mined" under Transactions) then close your YC wallet, wait 5 min and then reopen it and unlock it. Clcik the Help menu and "Debug Window", then from that window "Open" the debug log file. Start from the bottom end of the log and scroll up, you'll see a load of "IRC got who" lines then above that is the log of the wallet client starting. Important thing to look for is the "CPUMiner started for proof-of-stake" line, if its not there then your wallet isnt processing your PoS and you probably need to do the reinstall. There is a way you can disable the PoS CPUminer, but if you know enough to do that you probably dont need my help.

Assuming it all looks ok then you just need to be patient, and bear in mind how PoS works - I believe the YC system is based on that introduced originally by Peercoin, where the PoS minting process is dependent on your coin age in a sort of lottery process. Whilst your wallet is running and you have coins which have been sitting in it for longer than the required staking period (24 hours here), it will generate a block every so often attempting to "claim" your PoS reward. As in PoW mining your block has to be accepted by the network to be recorded as a successful transaction and your coins to be credited, otherwise it could be rejected as superceded (someone else beat you to it), or get orphaned as part of a rejected blockchain fork.

The PoS mining difficulty remains very low in order to make it possible for any CPU to create blocks, so that isnt used to enforce the 20sec block creation time. I'm guessing a bit here, and ppl are welcome to correct me, but looking at the blockchain explorer the critical factor seems to be average coin age, which is currently around 2.8 days. Bear in mind that when you receive a PoS reward the age of all your coins is reset to zero, so at the current rate you have to wait another 2 days and 20hrs to receive your next PoS reward. You dont lose out though, as you should get nearly 3 days worth of PoS interest then.

With so many actively staking wallets and a 20sec block time its not possible to average a daily payout, looks like around once every 3 days....

Thank you, very clear and concise! I have checked it out and all seems as it should be. I will leave the pc on for longer and hope the Stakes start rollling in!

Thank you again

Rainer4256

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:38:28 PM

Thank you, very clear and concise! I have checked it out and all seems as it should be. I will leave the pc on for longer and hope the Stakes start rollling in!

Thank you again
The POS rewards are coming in small chunks every few hours, but in addition it's roughly 10% per day.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:57:13 PM

The POS rewards are coming in small chunks every few hours, but in addition it's roughly 10% per day.

I think that may happen if your wallet consists of several different addresses holding coins, they will be aging at different rates. I was just looking up my PoS rewards in the blockchain explorer (http://www.yellow-coin.com:1777/) and noticed that there are separate awards for each receiving address.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Rainer4256

Activity: 196

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:20:43 PM

I think that may happen if your wallet consists of several different addresses holding coins, they will be aging at different rates. I was just looking up my PoS rewards in the blockchain explorer (http://www.yellow-coin.com:1777/) and noticed that there are separate awards for each receiving address.
Good point. I've got 3 addresses.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
ycz

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:01:39 AM

Thanks a lot for your explanation. I will observe to see how it goes.

qumatru

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:09:30 AM

Don't forget to vote for YC on Mintpal every hour! Moon!
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:20:02 AM

Mintpal just spend a small amoount;-)

I spent in the meantime round about 10 bucks.

Just do it;-)
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:39:27 AM

Mintpal just spend a small amoount;-)

I spent in the meantime round about 10 bucks.

Just do it;-)
+1
Tumasuge

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:51:06 AM

Don't forget to vote for YC on Mintpal every hour! Moon!
Just added 5 votes before I came here to post. I am continuously voting for YC and hope it will be listed in mintpal one day.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:10:00 PM

For some reason, i think this is the best coin currently on the market.  Grin At least at this moment, looking to start my own coin, in the same way as Yellowcoin but more linked to outside events, and not just services on the web.
Flomess

Activity: 705

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:44:25 PM

Voting it hard on Mintpal, we are going uuuup!  Smiley
ponch85

Activity: 609

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:49:39 PM

how do we know that it is not a scam coin? just because now sell t-shirts ....

DEV What are you working? what are the prospects for the future?

ptic-1

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

The Multipool address is here http://50.19.166.179/ .    :)heh      

should be under   logo   this big    http://50.19.166.179/

great pool,,simple       profitable?,,of course

pump it up    ,,  YELLOWCOIN people    

█ B █ T █ C █12J89RucSq2vX5m5TcC5fP3PwVUrtWHn4c█ B █ T █ C █
auctioneeeeer

Activity: 305

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:16:32 PM

We are about 1/3 (15k Blocks) through the 10% POS phase with about 30k Blocks left for POS.  We're #5 on Mintpal, lot's of upvote support and BTC donations - keep them coming!  Still lots of coins to be made in 10%/day phase, and coin is very stable thanks to a competent Dev.  If you haven't jumped on the train yet it should be quite an exciting next few weeks.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:18:56 PM

We are about 1/3 (15k Blocks) through the 10% POS phase with about 30k Blocks left for POS.  We're #5 on Mintpal, lot's of upvote support and BTC donations - keep them coming!  Still lots of coins to be made in 10%/day phase, and coin is very stable thanks to a competent Dev.  If you haven't jumped on the train yet it should be quite an exciting next few weeks.

10000sats when we hit mintpal  Roll Eyes Or at least 1000 sats Smiley
auctioneeeeer

Activity: 305

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:22:25 PM

10000sats when we hit mintpal  Roll Eyes Or at least 1000 sats Smiley

It's the most undervalued coin on the exchanges right now, 10000sats wouldn't even put us on par with whitecoin, but I'd take the 12x gain.
MajidBC

Activity: 182

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:22:59 PM

Nice explanation, but to make it better I should add that I have just one address in my wallet and am receiving multiple payments in a day.

Btw, does it make difference if I open my wallet in a PC with a better CPU? Maybe to help not to lose a mined block to somebody else or getting orphan?
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: