Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: omg why are drug dealers using bitcoin?!?!  (Read 7962 times)
Anonymous

April 27, 2011, 07:30:39 AM

Drug lords should setup supercomputers. The End.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 07:38:33 AM

If people try to pass off older bills at my shop I scowl and ask for a premium. If they get question me I yell "Do you know where those have been?!? I didn't think so. I don't want to be associated with cocaine trade and ladies of impure character!"

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 09:15:39 AM

There is a pretty easy way to buy coinbase transactions that requires little trust and only the exchange of a public key. I'll leave the rest as a thought experiment, but there will probably be an implementation soon.
tlhonmey

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 06:10:14 PM

You can already sell "freshly minted" coins for a premium.  There aren't a lot of buyers, but there are a few.

There are also a number of sites popping up to take your coins and mix them around with other people's coins so that they can't be followed back to you.

The thing to watch out for is some politician trying to ban the currency because it's used for illegal activities.  The real reason will be because they can't control it, but stopping drug dealers and money launderers, and (most especially) tax evaders is the reason that they'll give.
sexybit

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 04:30:07 AM

bitcoin is cash, get used to it.

new 50BTCs from new blocks will fetch a preimium.
laydum

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:58:01 AM

I fail so hard to see why this is BAD. People use cash and you don't see me freaking out. Now i agree people shouldn't sell coke/heroin/meth, but weed is understandable. Next order of business, finding someone who sells bud with bitcoins.
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 09:55:39 AM

I fail so hard to see why this is BAD. People use cash and you don't see me freaking out. Now i agree people shouldn't sell coke/heroin/meth, but weed is understandable. Next order of business, finding someone who sells bud with bitcoins.

THIS ^^^^^ would be very profitable.
budbuddy

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:46:03 AM

THIS ^^^^^ would be very profitable.

http://g7pz322wcy6jnn4r.onion/opensource/ovdb/ac/viewtopic.php?id=6
budbuddy

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:59:50 AM

People are the weakest link in any organization's security -- even a criminal one like a drug distribution network.  Law enforcement was able to catch dealers when they use cash... what makes people think BitCoin will hinder law enforcement efforts?

Cash requires a physical link. Alice can mail cash to Bob, but then Bob needs to pick it up. Alice can dead drop cash for Bob, but then Bob needs to pick it up. Alice can send Bob Pecunix, but then Bobs Pecunix account can be frozen. Plus there is a trail leading back to Bob. Bitcoin is superior, because it allows Alice to get Bitcoins, then make them unlinkable to her by running them through a mix. Now Alice can send the Bitcoins to Bob, and they can't be frozen. Now Bob can make the Bitcoins unlinkable to his transaction with Alice, and cash them out. There is no more linking Alice and Bob, thus Bitcoin is far superior to cash. Also, if Bob and Alice use Tor, they are untraceable as well.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 05:03:30 AM

Now i agree people shouldn't sell coke/heroin/meth, but weed is understandable.

The more dealers there are, the more competition there will be, the lower prices will be. If you want addicts to stop stabbing little old ladies to death for their social security checks then make it as cheap as beer. You don't see alcoholics stabbing people to get their "fix". The dealers that do exist are heroes. We need more of them, not less.
budbuddy

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 05:09:35 AM

Bitcoin + Tor + GPG + Mail / Dead Drops are going to make the war on drugs entirely impossible to enforce, particularly if people go the extra mile and use strong security to protect from hacking as well. It is great for freedom, bad for the prison industrial complex. I am seriously excited for the day that they admit defeat. I wish they could also be punished for the evil they do, it seems unfair that in the end they are just incompetent instead of actually punished and suffer some sort of a loss for their evil actions.
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 08:18:03 AM

Bitcoin + Tor + GPG + Mail / Dead Drops are going to make the war on drugs entirely impossible to enforce, particularly if people go the extra mile and use strong security to protect from hacking as well. It is great for freedom, bad for the prison industrial complex. I am seriously excited for the day that they admit defeat. I wish they could also be punished for the evil they do, it seems unfair that in the end they are just incompetent instead of actually punished and suffer some sort of a loss for their evil actions.

Completely agree.  BTW, the link several posts above didn't work.  Any other way to get to it?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: