Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30217 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:06:49 PM

Plus you have agreed with the list of geniuses that were vegan / vegetarian.

This is not a constructive argument. A list of geniuses who were not vegetarians could be made as well and would actually be longer.
Why did they adopt this lifestyle? That's what's relevant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

What results in good discussion when you are closed minded about everything?

Whenever I say something you will say I am wrong. You've already done it Apsvinet every time, you are a troll and a closed minded idiot.
Oh my, how original. Runs out of arguments and jumps directly to personal insults.

Childish, one might say.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:08:38 PM

This is not a constructive argument. A list of geniuses who were not vegetarians could be made as well and would actually be longer.
No, what's relevant is was there any connection between their lifestyle choice and their great minds. The point CoinGeneral is trying to make is that "They were smart and vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm smart". However that's far from the truth.

CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:09:42 PM

I agree it's not constructive argument when used without context. But I'm bringing up the fact that he literally disagreed with the entire list because he 'thought' one person didn't belong.

I have shown that he has belonged, and then he begins to mock me.

That shows how closed minded moron he is by refusing to accept factual information that doesn't support his beliefs.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

I agree it's not constructive argument when used without context. But I'm bringing up the fact that he literally disagreed with the entire list because he 'thought' one person didn't belong.

I have shown that he has belonged, and then he begins to mock me.

That shows how closed minded moron he is by refusing to accept factual information that doesn't support his beliefs.
I did not disagree with the entire list, I'm saying you lost your credibility when you added false information to it ( Hitler was the only one I knew whether was vegetarian or not, having discussed it multiple times ) and therefore I reacted to it. I'm accepting whatever facts you throw at me, but I don't agree with your technique of embedding unproven theories and non-scientific research results when constructing arguments.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:13:31 PM

"They were smart and vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm smart". However that's far from the truth.

When did I make that connection? I didn't, you made that assumption about me. I brought up that list because you guys continued to mock the idea of being a vegetarian.

If I brought up a list of credible people who belonged, you would be less inclined to make an insult about the entire system.

Plus, you say you are against personal insults, but you just mocked me again you closed minded buffoon.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

"They were smart and vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian and therefore I'm smart". However that's far from the truth.

When did I make that connection? I didn't, you made that assumption about me. I brought up that list because you guys continued to mock the idea of being a vegetarian.

If I brought up a list of credible people who belonged, you would be less inclined to make an insult about the entire system.

Plus, you say you are against personal insults, but you just mocked me again you closed minded buffoon.
I did not say I was against it, clearly you're trying to put words in my mouth. I just simply stated the fact that you resorted to insults after clearly having ran out of arguments. Smiley

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:15:10 PM

What's wrong with eating meat?
When you are really hungry you might be tempted to eat the cute little bunny.  Cheesy

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:16:50 PM

What's wrong with eating meat?
When you are really hungry you might be tempted to eat the cute little bunny.  Cheesy

Or the corncob. Or cook them both.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:17:31 PM

I did not say I was against it, clearly you're trying to put words in my mouth. I just simply stated the fact that you resorted to insults after clearly having ran out of arguments. Smiley

No, how can I run out of arguments? I know what it's like to have experienced both sides and continue to expand my knowledge everyday.

I look up information on both sides, but you on the other hand, do not. You made me become heated in the subject due to your foolish trolling and closed mindedness which made me temporarily lose my calm and focus.

I'm not putting words into your mouth, it's by your choice of words and mockery that give the impression that you do not support it. Due to the fact that you don't bother looking at any sources I give, obviously means you are against it, as the more closed minded an individual is, the more likely they will block out information that goes against their beliefs.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:21:59 PM

No, how can I run out of arguments? I know what it's like to have experienced both sides and continue to expand my knowledge everyday.

I look up information on both sides, but you on the other hand, do not. You made me become emotional in the subject due to your foolish trolling and closed mindedness.

I'm not putting words into your mouth, it's by your choice of words and mockery that give the impression that you do not support it. Due to the fact that you don't bother looking at any sources I give, obviously means you are against it, as the more closed minded an individual is, the more likely they will block out information that goes against their beliefs.
Sigh.

If I didn't read the sources ( which I did ), how would I possibly have known the amounts of people involved in the studies the articles mentioned?
http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/DietNutrition/4721
"The study included 8,170 participants in the 1970 British cohort study."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201005/why-vegetarians-are-more-intelligent-meat-eaters
This one is clear pseudoscience, it didn't even supply the reader with real numbers on how many the said "studies" involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6180753.stm
"The study of 8,179 was reported in the British Medical Journal."

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:31:41 PM

Okay then are you ready to discuss why it's wrong to eat meat?

You first, tell me reasons why it's good to eat meat.  Smiley

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:34:31 PM

Okay are you ready then to discuss why it is wrong to eat meat?

You first, tell me reasons why it's good to eat meat.
Why? That's not what this thread is about. We're discussing what's wrong with it, not what's good with it. Smiley
You keep trying to make the thread into something it's not, about veganism, about why people think its good to eat meat and why they're wrong. That's absolutely not the point of this thread, just read the god damn title. If you wanna tell me why eating meat is wrong, go ahead and do so. Smiley

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

You probably shouldn't get into arguments in English then if you can't articulate yourself or understand it properly .

You do understand me clearly, or you wouldn't reply to me very emotionally,as you did, to say the least. (heck you spamed 3 threads about it)

Now back to topic, like I said, people are free to chose what they want to eat and that should be respected, but from there to say being a vegetarian, or an atheism makes have a better IQ is like I said before idiotic

Vegetarians more intelligent than meat eaters: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201005/why-vegetarians-are-more-intelligent-meat-eaters

High IQ Children more likely to become vegetarian: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/DietNutrition/4721

High IQ Linked to being Vegetarian: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6180753.stm

You believe in that bullshit? really ? are you serious ? is this your vegen intelligence talking here (sorry I couldn't help my self Cheesy) ? I can post 21452 articles and how meats increase intelligence and makes intelligent heck lets give it a try :

http://www.livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
http://www.paulcooijmans.com/evolution/eating_meat.html
http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/99legacy/6-14-1999a.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120420105539.htm
http://www.npr.org/2010/08/02/128849908/food-for-thought-meat-based-diet-made-us-smarter
http://www.mesacc.edu/~davpy35701/text/meatarg.html
http://www.amog.com/lifestyle/101230-eating-meat-intelligence/

I mean I can go on and on, that's not even an argument -.-
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:44:42 PM

I haven't read the whole thread.
Hopefully by now someone mentioned how wasteful modern meat production is.
The amount of water and grain used by cattle is staggering.

lynn_402

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:47:00 PM

Kuroman, your argument is invalid. Eating meat triggered evolution because it was the most available source of complete proteins and nutriments for our ancestors, thus giving us an advantage over herbivores. However, there are alternatives which are just as good now, less wasteful, and more ethical.

+1. Add to that soil and water pollution caused by having a huge amount of animal in the same space.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:48:46 PM

Kuroman, your argument is invalid. Eating meat triggered evolution because it was the most available source of complete proteins and nutriments for our ancestors, thus giving us an advantage over herbivores. However, there are alternatives which are just as good now, less wasteful, and more ethical.

+1. Add to that soil and water pollution caused by having a huge amount of animal in the same space.
Which alternatives of protein intake are just as good as meat proteins? Shoot.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:50:37 PM

First page. Also I haven't replied to you yet Apsvinet because I am going to be distracted by work for a while.

There is nothing wrong with eating meat. Some people think it is wrong how the meat is raised, but that is understandable.

If humans all convert to vegans it will deplete the land fertility and all the unkilled animals will cause massive environmental disaster. Look at India its a hell hole where cows and all kinds of animals shit on your doorstep

Wrong. Farming livestock does much damage to the environment on all fronts, and cows are sacred in India that's why they roam around.

Wrong, Cows produce higher carbon footprint that all cars trucks ships and planes on the planet combined

Killing animals helps protect the environment

Pure vegan means fertile land depletion will accelerate and all managing all the extra animals will be a disaster

India is a hell hole chk out some vids where cows will shit on your car (as you are driving by)

This is the future grass eaters want

I used to eat meat every day, 3 times a day, sometimes more times a day.

I used to go to fast food places, order Popeyes, I used to buy meat for groceries, I used to cook meat for every meal, I put turkey inside of the oven, all that good stuff so I know how both sides work.

I know what meat taste like, I've eaten Whoppers, big macs, steak, all of that stuff for the majority of my life and never questioned anything different.

But honestly, these vegetable substitutes taste so much better man. So much better. I've taken a few friends to these restaurants and they honestly couldn't tell they were eating food that had no meat in them.

I cook some vegetable meat substitutes at home now too, they taste just as delicious if not better than before. Plus I feel so much better about everything in life. I feel like I can think so much more quickly, that my body is more agile than ever before, and that I'm stronger than ever before too. Every aspect just improved.

So let's have a more open mind okay instead of saying everything that's you don't do is unacceptable.

"To produce 1 lb. of feedlot beef requires 7 lbs. of feed grain, which takes 7,000 lbs. of water to grow."

"Pass up one hamburger, and you'll save as much water as you save by taking 40 showers with a low-flow nozzle."

"Yet in the U.S., 70% of all the wheat, corn and other grain produced goes to feeding herds of livestock."

"Around the world, as more water is diverted to raising pigs and chickens instead of producing crops for direct consumption, millions of wells are going dry."

"India, China, North Africa and the U.S. are all running freshwater deficits, pumping more from their aquifers than rain can replenish. As populations in water-scarce regions continue to expand, governments will inevitably act to cut these deficits by shifting water to grow food, not feed."

"In the U.S., livestock now produce 130 times as much waste as people do."

" Just one hog farm in Utah, for example, produces more sewage than the city of Los Angeles."

"These megafarms are proliferating, and in populous areas their waste is tainting drinking water."

- Ed Sayres, Time.com

lynn_402

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:52:24 PM

Sure Smiley
Any kind of beans - not just soy. Also there's nuts, seeds. Cereal-based products are good too, even bread (just look at the nutritional label), but more specifically whole-grain cereals like couscous, quinoa, bulgur, and others. Some vegetables like avocado, broccoli and spinach also contain a considerable amount of proteins. Of course there are also the non-vegan options like eggs and dairy, but they are not necessary.

If you have a balanced alimentation, it's actually quite easy to eat enough proteins.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:00:28 AM

Sure Smiley
Any kind of beans - not just soy. Also there's nuts, seeds. Cereal-based products are good too, even bread (just look at the nutritional label), but more specifically whole-grain cereals like couscous, quinoa, bulgur, and others. Some vegetables like avocado, broccoli and spinach also contain a considerable amount of proteins. Of course there are also the non-vegan options like eggs and dairy, but they are not necessary.

If you have a balanced alimentation, it's actually quite easy to eat enough proteins.
http://authoritynutrition.com/5-brain-nutrients-in-meat-fish-eggs/
Sadly you can't only eat plants. :/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: