Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30217 times)
Reuben

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:34:42 PM

Smoothies aren't really good for you. Far too much sugar.

If you buy them, probably, but they're healthy if you make them yourself.
#

How so? Fruits are full of natural sugars and liquidating loads isn't good. Just fruit juice is worse  though.

Our body needs somewhere between 120 and 200 grams of natural sugars per day.

How much is in a smoothie?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:36:35 PM

#

How so? Fruits are full of natural sugars and liquidating loads isn't good. Just fruit juice is worse  though.

A shitload lol. Depends on how much and what fruit you put in.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:38:30 PM

Well it depends on what you put in it.
If you do a smoothie with one banana (20g glucides), one apple (15g), and half a mango (15g), that's still less than 40% of the recommended amount of glucides to eat in a day.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:44:49 PM

Well it depends on what you put in it.
If you do a smoothie with one banana (20g glucides), one apple (15g), and half a mango (15g), that's still less than 40% of the recommended amount of glucides to eat in a day.

That's fine but not dumping all this in one go:

i bought myself a nutribullet pro. went from eating fast food meat and junk food to mostly fruit. banana, oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew. i recently started adding some vegetables. kale, carrots, and celery. i make 3 or 4 smoothies a day. been doing it for about 2 months. i feel drastically better. especially my mood and state of mind. i will eat meat but its more of an occasional thing just to enjoy something different. that blender was one of the best things i have ever purchased. it's so much quicker easier and cheaper. i will never go back to my old eating habits.

I bet he shits fruitjuice  Grin
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:36:34 PM

I once read their are nutrients that can only be found in beef.  Also I think people eat to much meat and they aren't exercising as much as they could so they have an excess of protein which means they will put on weight.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:14:13 AM

#

Our bodies can convert complex carbs into glucose, so we certainly don't need that much sugar. Everybody is different and you can't expect that different people will thrive on the same diet. Some people's bodies need more meats, or sugars, or fats. Some people can't synthesize certain essential amino acids, some can't digest certain grains properly, etc.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:19:32 AM

that is true many people have allergies that must be taken into consideration.  Our species have survived thanks to meat for a long time so in my mind if consumed responsibly.
Reuben

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:20:31 AM

I once read their are nutrients that can only be found in beef.  Also I think people eat to much meat and they aren't exercising as much as they could so they have an excess of protein which means they will put on weight.

What nutrients are those?
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

What nutrients are those?

These have been talked about in page 10, fyi Smiley
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:45:58 PM

Oh yeah, I just saw it on the news today! The transition to meatless meat. They gave 5 news anchors a chance to test out the meatless chicken and they agreed that the real chicken was on one side, the fake chicken was on the other. It turns out they got it wrong! They did the same for beef, and got it wrong as well.

So they thought the real meat was the fake meat, and the fake meat was the real meat. Imagine that!!

I also learned this new information because they showed how the top CEOs like the Twitter CEO who I found out is Vegan, Yahoo Founder Jerry Yang, and even Bill Gates are supporting this new revolutionary movement.

They also gave similar arguments that we have gone over in this thread, like:

• The meatless meats taste the same if not better
  • It is has the same nutrition as meat and is fortified with more
  • There is no cholesterol and barely any fat
  • It is filled with antioxidants and fiber
  • It cost much much less to produce than real meat
  • Therefore it can also often be bought at a cheaper price
  • It doesn't take months or years to raise

Even Bill Gates says he could not tell the difference between real meat and meatless meat:

Note he gave these twitter quotes all in a row, all of it about meatless foods:

See most people here have never tried meatless meat and therefore they think it doesn't taste as good, nor do they think it is as nutritious. It's wrong to assume things when other people who have tried it say otherwise, as well as when you have never tried it out yourself.

Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:51:57 PM

Interesting but that green shit looks vile.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:54:01 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 01:23:26 PM by CoinGeneral

That's because it's covered with vegetables. This is what it looks like plain:

The green actually looks more delicious to me because I know it is a lot healthier and has a more unique taste than plain chicken which tastes plain.

Also take a look at these other ones I recommend:

Like Lynn says, Tofurky sausages taste pretty much exactly like meat. Not all are vegan compatible though and they are mostly made up of soy, I still suggest trying them out though because they taste really good.

What I would recommend though is what most people have never heard of:

These patties are huge, mass of 106g, you wouldn't believe it was only 160 calories. They look like how they are in the pictures, wider than most burger buns. These come in packs of 12 for ~$10.50 so you can eat two a day and it will last you a week.

My favorite thing about them is that they are not mainly made up of soy. As you can see from the ingredients, it's made up of a bunch of different vegetables combined.  No artificial ingredients. And it tastes really really good. You can find these at some Wal-Marts, some Costcos, and some Sam's Clubs.

----

Another suggestion I have, although it's not vegan it's still very delicious:

Note how green it is on the inside, it's mostly made up of spinach and chickpeas and it tastes really good. You cook these or heat them up in a microwave and then you can eat it any way you want.

I haven't bought any of these lately for vegan reasons, so the only place I know that has them right now is Costco. I think they were around $8-$10 for a pack of 10, but overall these were much heavier than the Veggie patties shown above.

Veggie patch has a lot of different versions distributed to your local supermarkets but are otherwise are the same thing shown above.

----

Interesting facts about animal meat:
- They have zero fiber and are high in cholesterol
- They usually have zero carbs and have little if any antioxidants
- They are high in fats and high in the unhealthy kinds of fats
- Meat is treated with all sorts of toxics and chemicals crap not good for your body

Compare the nutrition facts above for the 106g of Veggie patty to this 85g of meat patty and tell me which one is better for you.

Here's a video I recommend to watch about foods that will kill you: Foods that Kill

Plus for every kind of meat food you can imagine, there is a meatless substitute.

Also just in case you don't think you can become huge without meat:

Also if you think no one smart has become a vegetarian:

The vast majority of geniuses throughout history have all been meat eaters except some from India.

This argument holds no grounds as a large majority of the population in general have been meat eaters.

Out of all the geniuses possible, will you not agree that some of the most influential geniuses of all time have been vegan / vegetarian?:

And yes, almost everyone that is a vegetarian or vegan start out as a meat eater but found information that diverted them away from it.

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg, etc.

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

Greene: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

There are so many influential geniuses who have been Vegan / Vegetarian like Ellen Degeneres and the Dalai Lama. Even Hitler was a Vegetarian. These guys were all open minded and challenged the culture they were born in. Unlike you trolls.

Also, you will probably just say everything I said here is BS, which is why it's pointless to argue with you guys. This is how atheists feel when they are arguing against Christians: You can't win, even though you are right every time.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:10:09 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 01:22:59 PM by CoinGeneral

You will die soon, if you do not eat meat. Wink

These meat substitutes are reinforced with the same nutrition meat has and more. Plus they don't have any cholesterol, they don't have a lot of fat, they have a lot of antioxidants and a lot of fiber in return.

Also vegetarians live longer than people who eat meat:

http://time.com/9463/7-reasons-vegetarians-live-longer/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/plant-based-diet_b_1981838.html

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324423904578523190441042514

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/vegetarians-death-premature-longevity-live-longer_n_3380781.html

http://healthylongevity.blogspot.com/2014/02/death-by-veggiephobia.html

So I think the basis of your comment is due to culture and not science. Culture also raises us to be religious, but many of us start to question our beliefs. Many of us eat the same crap everyday but unlike religion many of us do not question our belief on why we eat what we eat.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:41:13 PM

i bought myself a nutribullet pro. went from eating fast food meat and junk food to mostly fruit. banana, oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew. i recently started adding some vegetables. kale, carrots, and celery. i make 3 or 4 smoothies a day. been doing it for about 2 months. i feel drastically better. especially my mood and state of mind. i will eat meat but its more of an occasional thing just to enjoy something different. that blender was one of the best things i have ever purchased. it's so much quicker easier and cheaper. i will never go back to my old eating habits.
There is this issue: not everyone has access to multiple kinds of fresh fruit at all times. I'd do that if I could. (I occasionally make smoothies too)

Mixing fruit only isn't good? Where did you come up with this Sherlock?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Reuben

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:46:13 PM

There is this issue: not everyone has access to multiple kinds of fresh fruit at all times. I'd do that if I could. (I occasionally make smoothies too)

Mixing fruit only isn't good? Where did you come up with this Sherlock?

What do you mean?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:50:18 PM

I agree 100%. Recently, I am seeing a lot of people who are replacing their evening tea with smoothies. The big problem is that a 250 ml regular serving of it contains at least 50 grams of sugar, far more than the recommended daily intake.
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!!!!

Also I haven't done that much research on fruit sugars, all I know from experience is that when I ate foods with processed sugars like milk and cereal, I got really tired afterwards. They call that a sugar crash. When I eat fruits only though, even if the sugar content is high, I don't have that lethargic crash feeling afterwards.

Also I want to quote this as I feel like not many people saw it on the previous page:

Oh yeah, I just saw it on the news today! The transition to meatless meat. They gave 5 news anchors a chance to test out the meatless chicken and they agreed that the real chicken was on one side, the fake chicken was on the other. It turns out they got it wrong! They did the same for beef, and got it wrong as well.

So they thought the real meat was the fake meat, and the fake meat was the real meat. Imagine that!!

I also learned this new information because they showed how the top CEOs like the Twitter CEO who I found out is Vegan, Yahoo Founder Jerry Yang, and even Bill Gates are supporting this new revolutionary movement.

They also gave similar arguments that we have gone over in this thread, like:

• The meatless meats taste the same if not better
  • It is has the same nutrition as meat and is fortified with more
  • There is no cholesterol and barely any fat
  • It is filled with antioxidants and fiber
  • It cost much much less to produce than real meat
  • Therefore it can also often be bought at a cheaper price
  • It doesn't take months or years to raise

Even Bill Gates says he could not tell the difference between real meat and meatless meat:

Note he gave these twitter quotes all in a row, all of it about meatless foods:

See most people here have never tried meatless meat and therefore they think it doesn't taste as good, nor do they think it is as nutritious. It's wrong to assume things when other people who have tried it say otherwise, as well as when you have never tried it out yourself.

That's because it's covered with vegetables. This is what it looks like plain:

The green actually looks more delicious to me because I know it is a lot healthier and has a more unique taste than plain chicken which tastes plain.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:54:13 PM

I agree 100%. Recently, I am seeing a lot of people who are replacing their evening tea with smoothies. The big problem is that a 250 ml regular serving of it contains at least 50 grams of sugar, far more than the recommended daily intake.
It depends what you make the smoothie out of. A lot of diets include smoothies.
Many nutritionists recommend those as well. They can't be all wrong, can they?  Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2606

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:59:45 PM

It depends what you make the smoothie out of. A lot of diets include smoothies.
Many nutritionists recommend those as well. They can't be all wrong, can they?  Smiley

Depends if the nutritionist knows what they're talking about. /having a small one is fine but not if you're chugging pints of them daily.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Fatpony

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:38:41 PM

Humans are animals, accept that. We are built ( or digestive system ) in such order that we simply have everything to digest meat and process it. Our teeth are not built as teeth of a cow, we have canine teeth, we don't have digestive system of a herbivores. And hunting pray and making tools to do that built civilizations. If early humans made their diet solely on eating "green stuff" then we would have been extinct as a species...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: