Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30217 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:42:49 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 02:57:26 AM by the joint

Responding to bolded sections:

1)  Eating vegetables isn't necessary in this day and age, either.  I know because I don't eat any (though I used to eat 16-24 oz. per day and all it gave me was bad gas and a distended stomach).

2)  Actually, meat wins in just about every category depending on the context and the person.

3)  You forgot taste, caloric density, evolutionary benefits, etc. (meat wins these, too).

4)  And farming with oil-based equipment and oil-based fertilizers giving way to produce shipped on oil-based trucks made from oil is pretty awesome for the environment.  So is raping and pillaging the homes of animals and insects to do so so that they die of starvation and misplacement.

5)  ANYone who buys bottled water is an idiot.

6)  All the other stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with vegan vs. meat.  You're really good (or rather, consistent) in talking about things that have nothing to do with the topic.

7)  Did I mention meat is healthier in many circumstances?  

Translation: Meat wins in every category because it's the position I support and believe in, not because of facts or evidence. For example read my spaceship evolution diet later in this post.

Also I started out as a meat eater (like you) but thanks to some book reading and education, I tried something new and found out it was great.

I suggest reading some of the links I provide, watching the videos I provide, and also reading my posts instead of just saying you're right all the time, okay? I've taken up critical thought and fully knowing how both sides work, there are many stronger arguments against vegetarianism (that can still be taken down) that no one in this thread has ever mentioned. From my own research, experience, and critical thought though I've concluded that yes it tastes better, fills me up with more energy, has made me smarter, is cheaper too, you know there's really nothing bad I can say about it.

You say meat is better in these categories, what are your arguments, here are mine:

1) Taste. (Forget the fact that pretty much all herbs, spices, and sauces including barbecue sauce, are from plants).

Watch this video mate: http://www.today.com/food/today-puts-meatless-meat-test-does-it-taste-chicken-1D79579619

Click the link, watch the vid, read the article. Educate yourself.

It is so terrible man, the above food has no meat, tastes much better, is much cheaper to make, takes less time to prepare, has no animal cruelty, doesn't take months or years to raise, takes less water. Oh no it is way too terrible man!

I've been so weak and so stupid lately thanks to all these fruits and vegetables I've been eating, urgh no wonder the only thing you see those sick and obese people eating are fruits and vegetables, they are so bad for your health. Everywhere I go and see a fat dude, he's always eating some banana or chowing down on some broccoli, urgh. In the hospital all these sick people only eat apples and vegetables, proven to lower immune system and health, oh nooooo.

2: Caloric Density

Are you talking about more calories per 100g or less calories per 100g?

100g of steak has around 277 calories, we can round up to 300 calories if you want. Coconuts have 385 calories per 100g, but we can round down for you, to make it 300 calories per 100g. So both coconus and steak have same amount of calories per 100g. Prunes have 447 calories per cup, but we can round down to 300 calories per cup too if you want. Now they all have the same amount calories.

Wow you won. (<--- sarcasm)

3: Evolutionary Benefits

You talking about this evolutionary benefit?

Damn I'm sold!!

Now you say humans have evolved thanks to meat. There are also people that would argue against that, but I'll agree with you for now since most evidence would point to that conclusion as well.

For one second let's forget that humans have reached the top of the evolutionary chain. Let's forget that humans have the most impact on the planet. Let's forget that we have now reached a stage of comfort and lack of competition. Let's forget that to evolve as a species, it's necessary for the species to adapt to a new environment with new challenges.

[
Humans still have very sharp claws that can rip flesh, we still have our superior noses, we still have our very sharp canine teeth that can tear through flesh, we are still able to consume dead flesh safely without cooking it, humans still have superior agility, we still have a bloodlust when we look at any animal such as a dog we just want to eat it, and when we see some road kill and smell it, it smells really good to eat right then and there.

Also evolution isn't about adapting at all! Because we reached a plateau in our evolution and conquered all forces of nature, let's just keep doing what we've always been doing our entire lives. That is the only way we can evolve as a species; by not doing anything new or different.

Just in case you start talking about outer space evolution or whatever:

In space, we can easily raise cows and chickens inside of our spaceships and bring them to other planets too. Instead of having plants inside of spaceships, let's just bring animals along with us and raise them for months and years while they take up a large supply of food, water, and other resources that we instead could have used instead. Instead of plants that can grow from light bulbs, has a faster time to create food, and only requires a small amount of water, let's bring live animals with us instead to space. Great idea. That is a really good idea and easily sustainable.
] /sarcasm

Since we've reached an evolutionary peak as a species dominating all other lifeforms and reached comfort, the only way to evolve to the next evolutionary step is to adapt to a different lifestyle and diet.

------------------------

Anyway even Richard Dawkins says: "I wish everyone to be a vegetarian" or something like that.

In this day and age it's pretty crazy to imagine buying people, putting them in cramp spaces in boats for months giving them little food and care, selling them to other people, and then the people locking them up in tiny shacks at night with little food and care, and in the morning waking them up and having them work all day while whipping their backs and raping their women.

But it was pretty normal back then. Few people questioned the norm because it was what everyone else did. Then there were some few smart guys that said "Hey slavery ain't right" but then another group said "Yes it is cause we done it all the time, it done help us build the country"

Save that planet bro.

Some awesome advice:

DO NOT BECOME A VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, FRUITARIAN OR RAW FOODIST!!

1) Your memes prove nothing.  Showing me pictures of fake meat or a guy in a PETA shirt has nothing to do with the argument.

2)  What kind of rebuttal is it to disprove meat tastes good by showing pictures of foods that try to imitate its taste?  If meat tastes so bad, shouldn't those taste bad, too?  If vegetables tasted better, you'd have meat products designed to taste like vegetables.

3)  Congratulations, you found a couple food items (coconuts and prunes) that have high caloric density.  How about celery and tomatoes and broccoli and spinach and cabbage and...

4)  Meat eating IS an evolutionary advantage.  Your fat-man meme is silly.

Actually, nevermind.  You have no idea how to form a consistent argument without changing it at your convenience, raising straw man after straw man, posting memes and statements that are either completely irrelevant or that do not support your argument.  Honestly, I don't even know what your argument is because you keep changing it (thanks to your stupid and confusing memes).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:22:22 AM

I agree with you! --there is nothing wrong with eating meat!
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:33:12 PM

Stop lying, those vegan dishes don't take less time to prepare and cook. I cook most of my food from scratch so I have quite a bit of experience. Cooking foods that you prepare from scratch usually takes a lot longer than eating outside or processed junk, but one must make some sacrifices to reap the benefits. You're trying to make it seem like going vegan is a smooth transition, but in reality it's a radical change in one's lifestyle where they would have to make sacrifices in order to gain perceived benefits.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:35:36 PM

Fresh made meals do take a lot of time.
Someday I want to have the luxury of cooking (from scratch) at least one good meal per day.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:38:41 PM

I agree with you! --there is nothing wrong with eating meat!

Would you be willing to kill and butcher it yourself? If not then imho there's something wrong with eating meat.

I would do this every day, if possible.
Richard213

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:10:57 PM

its not wrong to eat meat, but dont eat to many  Grin

but i dont know with junk food with meat, is that bad is it  Huh
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:40:44 PM

1) Your memes prove nothing.  Showing me pictures of fake meat or a guy in a PETA shirt has nothing to do with the argument.

2)  What kind of rebuttal is it to disprove meat tastes good by showing pictures of foods that try to imitate its taste?  If meat tastes so bad, shouldn't those taste bad, too?  If vegetables tasted better, you'd have meat products designed to taste like vegetables.

3)  Congratulations, you found a couple food items (coconuts and prunes) that have high caloric density.  How about celery and tomatoes and broccoli and spinach and cabbage and...

4)  Meat eating IS an evolutionary advantage.  Your fat-man meme is silly.

Actually, nevermind.  You have no idea how to form a consistent argument without changing it at your convenience, raising straw man after straw man, posting memes and statements that are either completely irrelevant or that do not support your argument.  Honestly, I don't even know what your argument is because you keep changing it (thanks to your stupid and confusing memes).

I eat tons of meat, nearly zero vegetables, and I'd bet thousands of dollars (10 BTC sound good?) that I'm in better shape and better health than you (body fat to lean mass ratio, VO2 max, cholesterol, athletic performance, ATP generation, recovery time; you name it).  Seriously, it's pretty foolish to argue with someone who has spent 12+ years studying nutrition and experimenting with literally hundreds of dietary approaches while supervised by both licensed, clinical doctors and a former Mr. Universe with experience as a trainer for the Detroit lions minor league football team.  There are very few who know more about nutrition than competitive bodybuilders.

Want proof?  Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32522.0

Scroll to the bottom.  That's what eating meat does, ignorant f ***

I posted pictures, I also put up words with meaning as well. Unlike you who says words, but they mean nothing. Did you read what I said in the previous 2-3 posts about reading everything in my post? Or do you just reply, yet again, saying I'm wrong without reading anything that I had to say? Seriously man, learn to read.

Those aren't even memes I'm posting, they're just pictures mate, there's a difference between a meme and a random picture. If you're talking about the quotes, those aren't memes either, just quotes with a picture.

I posted those pictures to show you how far our technology has come. Instead of using real meat, we can create a better tasting, healthier, cholesterol-free, nutritent-filled substitute that doesn't take months or years to raise. Yet it still tastes the same if not better. In my opinion it tastes way fucking better and again, yes I've eaten meat for the majority of my life bro. I just don't see any point in eating it anymore, it's the 21st century, these meatless substitutes tastes way better, if you watched the video I posted it shows 5 news anchors eating meat and meatless meat, and they consistently said the meatless meat was the real one, and that it tasted better.

You didn't even read my post about evolutionary advantage bro. I don't even remember putting in 'fat-man' meme anywhere in that post. Reread that paragraph and refute it if you can bro.

I eat tons of meat, nearly zero vegetables, and I'd bet thousands of dollars (10 BTC sound good?) that I'm in better shape and better health than you (body fat to lean mass ratio, VO2 max, cholesterol, athletic performance, ATP generation, recovery time; you name it).  Seriously, it's pretty foolish to argue with someone who has spent 12+ years studying nutrition and experimenting with literally hundreds of dietary approaches while supervised by both licensed, clinical doctors and a former Mr. Universe with experience as a trainer for the Detroit lions minor league football team.  There are very few who know more about nutrition than competitive bodybuilders.

I definitely accept. Me though, I'm not a very active person, don't play many sports, nor am I a bodybuilder so you have to give me time to catch up. You have to give me at least a year, and I say this is a fair call since you said yourself you have had an active lifestyle for 12+ years. Just let me know exactly what we are going to be doing when we are comparing our health against each other. I definitely want to do a bloodtest too though.

I also know bodybuilders take a lot of supplements like human growth hormone, blood doping, whey protein, creatine, etc.

I remember earlier you said vegetarians didn't get enough protein (even though all vegetables and fruits have protein), so if you get enough protein from meat, why take extra protein then? Why take all these supplements, drugs, and steroids?

I'm fully natty brah, I don't take drugs, steroids or whatever else bodybuilders take on a daily basis.

Just let me know exactly what we will be doing for the atheltic performance test, are we going to be doing cardio, endurance, jumping, or what? Sit ups, push ups, pull ups, or what? Again I'm not a very active person myself so if you want to measure fastest marathon, or swimming time, or cycling time, or whatever, we can do that. Since you said I can also name what challenges we have, I'll think up of some more after your reply.

CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:53:21 PM

Stop lying, those vegan dishes don't take less time to prepare and cook. I cook most of my food from scratch so I have quite a bit of experience. Cooking foods that you prepare from scratch usually takes a lot longer than eating outside or processed junk, but one must make some sacrifices to reap the benefits. You're trying to make it seem like going vegan is a smooth transition, but in reality it's a radical change in one's lifestyle where they would have to make sacrifices in order to gain perceived benefits.

Stop lying? I wouldn't lie to you man. Have you even prepared one of those dishes or not? This is from my personal experience. Cooking meat took a shitload of time, I had to let the meat thaw from the freezer, I had to cut the meat one by one, use up some oil, put it into a frying pan, let it sizzle, wait by the food, flip it over, etc, it just took a shitload of time. That vegan burger literally heats up in a minute or two no oil required. I'm not even lying or exaggerating. To prepare a salad, all you do is grab vegetables from the refrigerator, put it on a plate, add some sauce for flavor, then eat. To eat non-processed foods like fruit, all you do is grab the fruit, open it up, and eat. Where am I lying here? Try it, prepare a vegetarian or vegan food like those above, and it is basically instantaneous. I am surprised you even called me a liar.

The transition to not eating meat varies from person to person. I'm not saying it will be an easy transition for everyone, it depends on how willing you are to do your own research about the subject. See, if you were interested in becoming vegetarian, you would at least look up information about it, then you would try it out. For example pretty much 99% of anything you can eat is vegetarian. Read some more tips and advice from people, apply those, and it makes the transition a lot easier. You assumed I was making it seem like an easy transition, because it is, But like I said, it just depends on how you look at it and how willing you are to apply it.

Also, there aren't any sacrifices man. None. No sacrifices at all. The only thing you would gain from it are benefits and if you think about it, you know that what I'm saying is true.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:03:37 PM

Funny thread.

I just watched a news story about vegetarians and they are not that healthy.

We are omnivorous creatures.

Eat steak and salad; pump iron; soon you be an Arnold.

I'm a little squeemish with meat. Don't like pork. Will not eat lamb or goat. Meat has to be well cooked. This medium rare shit does not fly with me.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:16:19 PM

Funny thread.

I just watched a news story about vegetarians and they are not that healthy.

We are omnivorous creatures.

Eat steak and salad; pump iron; soon you be an Arnold.

I'm a little squeemish with meat. Don't like pork. Will not eat lamb or goat. Meat has to be well cooked. This medium rare shit does not fly with me.

You can pump iron and become like Arnold on a Vegan diet too. You can get all you need from a non meat diet.
toga

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

, .

"I ate, like, the tiniest piece of meat, and I woke up violently sick. It was vicious pain. I was throwing up. And I realized meat's become a poison for me now." - Mike Tyson

... andò after that he begun to lose his force Smiley
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:01:34 PM

, .

"I ate, like, the tiniest piece of meat, and I woke up violently sick. It was vicious pain. I was throwing up. And I realized meat's become a poison for me now." - Mike Tyson

So, was it the meat or a weakened digestive system?
toga

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:14:01 PM

, .

So, was it the meat or a weakened digestive system?

Tyson has lost his skills for thousands of reasons. However, i know that we r omnivore, and eating a bit of all is a good rule for being healty.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:20:50 PM

And God said, "See, I have given you every herb [that] yields seed which [is] on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. "Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for food"; and it was so. Genesis 1:29-30

Horseshit.

Primitive Bronze Age superstition.

My $.02.

Wink

Lmao.  Nice.

Edit:  Just so I can contribute something, I find it interesting that, when arguing from the scientific viewpoint isn't effective, they go for the Bible.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Religion fries people's brains.

My $.02.

Wink
I share your view. It's like some form of control, similar to mass media. They believe nonsense written by someone, which may and may have not happened.
Today I'm eating fish, a nice change after that steak dinner last night.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
faninasir

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:57:22 PM

There is nothing wrong with eating meat ,, i go to gym , and it is important for me to eat meat if i want build my muscles as they provide me with nutrition proteins vitamins that i need , plus if eating meat is not good then why would GOD put all these cows goats here on earth surely not just to see them or touch them ,, think people Tongue
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 03:18:17 PM

There is nothing wrong with eating meat ,, i go to gym , and it is important for me to eat meat if i want build my muscles as they provide me with nutrition proteins vitamins that i need , plus if eating meat is not good then why would GOD put all these cows goats here on earth surely not just to see them or touch them ,, think people Tongue
Why are you adding religion to this? Didn't these animals come from the process of evolution? As far as exercise goes, you can always eat fish and whey protein instead of meat. That would replace eating meat (which isn't that good, chicken is though).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2606

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:27:12 PM

Why were all these tasty humans put on this earth? Surely not just to love GOD? This is clearly another form of shutting your brain off and just saying 'god did it' as if it's an answer for anything and everything.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:41:46 PM

Bottom line is, nothing wrong with eating meat, nothing wrong with being vegetarian either, more meat for me!

cyberlink

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

Eat meat every day, there's nothing wrong in eating it. Human needs meat, as needs vegetables and fruits.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:01:27 PM

Eat meat every day, there's nothing wrong in eating it. Human needs meat, as needs vegetables and fruits.
Have you read a single post in this thread? Humans can live without meat, and you can get the necessary proteins and such in other foods.
Note: Another day without eating meat at all, fish tastes quite good. I feel a bit better today.  Smiley

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: