Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:43:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30219 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:31:05 AM

You're a complete waste of my time.  Done with this debate.  You are, by far, one of the most horrible debaters I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.  You totally lack the ability to respond directly to a point and instead need to resort to making up other people's arguments for them, and then insult them to death by assuming they're too stupid not to notice.  As a result, this entire thread is a transcript of you arguing against yourself and the countless counterpositions that you fabricate.  Congrats, you're crazy.

So I'm one of the 'most horrible' but not the most horrible debater you've ever met. Who is that?

The Joint, like I said, let me know what I'm doing wrong. If I am so wrong you should be able to refute my points easily. You want to give me a guide on debating so I can follow your guidelines? You want me to stop posting pictures when debating against you? We can start from the beginning, you give me a guideline to follow, and you start off the debate, I'll follow the guideline to the best of my ability, and you can let me know if I do anything wrong.

This is exactly what I mean.

I.  Just.  Did.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:40:25 AM

Meat made us what we are today. Meat make human brains grow bigger. Meat make us evolve into an intelligent being. Debate is not is needed. There is nothing wrong with eating meat.

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:43:50 AM

There’s something primal and wholly satisfying about tearing meat from bone with your fingers and teeth.
If you use a knife and fork to eat ribs, we can't be friends.
Laughing with your dinner partners, you wipe saucy residue from you lips and cheeks. It’s a delicious bonding experience.
I will never give that up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
peperapijames

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:48:09 AM

i dont think there is anything wrong with eating meat,being a vegan or vegeterian is a lifestyle therefore not each and everyone can be suited for that lifestyle!we all live in different parts of the world and our diet is heavily involved in sustaining our humanity!if the vegan lifestyle suits you and has made you better then congrats,not everyone is suited for this lifestyle.
Snippetz

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:37:24 PM

Is this a serious reply? Did you re-read your post? It makes no sense. You're literally INVENTING arguments. How can meat be the inevitable decline of human health? How could you ever postulate that it's all because of meat. Do no other variables exist? Only smoking and drugs? Not genetics in any way?

There is no source or proof on this planet you could site that would prove this, ever. Because it doesn't exist.

The china study? Really? I've got that book on my book shelf and stopped reading after the first chapter. It's been debunked to death already multiple times on the internet.

Have you read the actual china study? The 1000+ page mammoth study? Because the study itself states that it's an OBSERVATIONAL study and isn't meant to be taken empirically.

Observation does not equal causation; the biggest mistake assumed by the china study followers.

My parents are great examples of this. My parents both eat meat and have been for over 65 years. My dad is still in great shape-- no belly; still skinny, no sickness or disease-- and still works as a landscaper and is still mentally sharp, my mom looks real good for her age, speaks two languages fluently blah blah blah... Both my parents hardly ever get sick and I don't think my mom has missed a day of work in over 8 years.

Your post is so moronic you don't see the irony in that your vegan lifestyle is your religion.

The arguments you're posting throughout this thread MIMIC the arguments I used to hear pro-christian people use.

In fact it has nothing to do specifically with religion; it's the mindset of the individual.

Your mindset-type is all over the spectrum: religion, politics, lifestyle.

The same way you said that meat-eaters are brainwashed could be said about vegans-- brainwashed.

I knew a chick from my work who was vegan for 3 years + and she was slow in the head, had mood swings and was always acting funny. Not to mention she actually admitted to not have had her period in the time she was vegan.

I kept telling her to have some meat and get some cholesterol in her diet to fix this problem. She eventually decided to give it a shot and started eating eggs, then liver and then chicken.

She said she felt great and she got her period again.

You want the truth coingeneral? The human body is adaptive. You just need to accept it. Humans can eat meat without any problem and, vice-versa, can do a vegan lifestyle (if done properly) as well as paleo or pescitairian etc...

Humans are omnivores and that lets us eat just about anything as long as it's prepared properly.

Why don't you go read Weston A. Prices' book on "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration".

Edit

For your time Coingeneral :

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

How can meat be the cause of decline in human health? First, read the entire China Study, it has not been debunked by Denise Minger, Dr. Campbell replied to her 'debunking' here.

"Do I think the China Study findings constitute absolute scientific proof? Of course not. Does it provide enough information to inform some practical decision-making? Absolutely. An impressive and informative web of information was emerging from this study. But does every potential strand (or association) in this mammoth study fit perfectly into this web of information? No. Although most statistically significant strands readily fit into the web, there were a few surprises. Most, but not all, have since been explained." - Dr. T. Colin Campbell.

Second, you're claiming "observation does not equal causation" and I agree, yet you're recommending the book by Weston A. Price which is an ANECDOTAL study written in the 1930s by a dentist who looked at teeth health for overall vitality and you give observational  examples of healthy meat eaters and unhealthy vegans yourself. Let me know how that isn't hypocritical.

You say you've read through a few pages of this thread, a chapter of the China Study, and you agree that 'humans are adaptive' and can live healthily without meat as a vegetarian and vegan. Plus don't forget about reversing cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

So do you not care about animals being slaughtered inhumanely, deforestation of the gorgeous Amazon rainforest for cattle ranching, fish extinction due to overfishing, etc? Or do you just want to be part of the population that helps destroy the planet?

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. Saving the planet starts with personal responsibility.

http://www.bu.edu/sustainability/files/2010/01/Meat-Consumption-Jpg.jpg

http://meetville.com/images/quotes/Quotation-Bob-Riley-good-evil-people-Meetville-Quotes-137502.jpg

That was the point of me posting about Weston A price's book. Although, in the book itself, he does perform some clinical trial studies with childrens' diets, but that's beside the point. I posted the book because it's exactly like you posting the china study.

Also Denise Minger to Campbell as well. It went back and forth a bit.

I like how you worked your way from health/lifestyle in to the ethics of being a vegan. Which is it's own topic, really.

You say you've read through a few pages of this thread, a chapter of the China Study, and you agree that 'humans are adaptive' and can live healthily without meat as a vegetarian and vegan. Plus don't forget about reversing cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

What was the point of that paragraph? It doesn't say anything pertaining to the discussion... You just want to infer that the vegan lifestyle is superior at any chance you get. My parents are in their 60's with no heart problems, or diabetes, or cancer.

Why not man? Shouldn't they just be about dead with all kinds of diseases that meat magically creates? Like bro, I thought for sure I would be able to find at least some sort of evidence of disease. What's up with that? What wizardly conclusion can you come up with to explain that?

I also didn't like the China Study by Campbell because he has an apparent agenda. He wasn't presenting the facts as is, he was presenting with intent to sway the read to non-meat lifestyle. It was so apparent from the beginning of the book.

Weston Price at least wrote his book like a journal and not so much with an agenda. It was just a record of his findings, that's all.

Ethics aside, because that's it's own debate, you've made no good points for veganism. Of the vegans I knew, they were very unhealthy and seemed cognitively slow, yet very adamant about their position on veganism.

You only managed to post some voodoo books about "cure your life problems with a vegan diet!" and "cure cancer with veganism! yeah! it's totally the best option out there", type bullshit.

I can start posting links to anthropological evidence that humans have been eating meat for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years, if you want that. It's very clear and most modern scientist will say humans are omnivores.
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:24:50 PM

Yeah actually its nothing wrong with eating meat.It has to be in some limits to avoid health risk when you are aged.But for young people nothing to worry.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:42:57 PM

You can't live without eat meat. You need proteins, if you don't eat meat you can't be healthy.

I have a friend who is vegan, he is very healthy and gets his proteins from other sources. You don't necessarily need meat to be healthy - in fact you could argue that eating too much meat, along with the sauces etc that come with it makes you worse off.

I couldn't live the vegan, or even the vegetarian lifestyle, but props to those that have the patience and organisation to do so, providing that they don't bitch at you for eating meat, that is.

trattrat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:22:17 PM

There is nothing wrong with eating meat.We have the digestive tracts of omnivores hence meat has been part of our diet since creation

JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:30:50 PM

My experience has been that every vegan I've ever met either has a vagina, or is one.  They also tend to be Marxists, for some reason.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Snippetz

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

My experience has been that every vegan I've ever met either has a vagina, or is one.  They also tend to be Marxists, for some reason.

Yep, mine too. The men look like they're lacking in testosterone and act all girly.

Also, Coingeneral, does it even make sense to call humans herbivores and say, "yeah meat causes cancer and diabetes". But for some reason this cancer and diabetes sometimes takes 50, 60, 70 years to set in. Then all the vegans are like, "HA, see! that's because of meat! Humans are herbivores. Just because it took 50+ years for the cancer to set in doesn't meat we're omnivores, duh."
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:11:07 PM

I can understand why people used to eat animals. Finding food was harder, and vitamin supplements weren't around. But today, converting to a non meat diet is affordable for most Americans. Most of us today eat meat because it tastes good and we don't want to give it up.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:28:07 PM

soy = eating human in my mind.  think about it.  but it a non-scientific psychoactive way (LSD-25).  -Alexander Shulgin

i am here.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:46:13 PM

I can understand why people used to eat animals. Finding food was harder, and vitamin supplements weren't around. But today, converting to a non meat diet is affordable for most Americans. Most of us today eat meat because it tastes good and we don't want to give it up.

that is my feeling as well. i grew up eating meat twice a day, and that's what our culture told me to do. i'm glad that there is some movement away from this. i have not cut out meat entirely, but i now substitute with other forms of protein in many cases.
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:32:14 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 02:45:20 AM by CoinGeneral

Why not man? Shouldn't they just be about dead with all kinds of diseases that meat magically creates? Like bro, I thought for sure I would be able to find at least some sort of evidence of disease. What's up with that? What wizardly conclusion can you come up with to explain that?

I also didn't like the China Study by Campbell because he has an apparent agenda. He wasn't presenting the facts as is, he was presenting with intent to sway the read to non-meat lifestyle. It was so apparent from the beginning of the book.

Weston Price at least wrote his book like a journal and not so much with an agenda. It was just a record of his findings, that's all.

Ethics aside, because that's it's own debate, you've made no good points for veganism. Of the vegans I knew, they were very unhealthy and seemed cognitively slow, yet very adamant about their position on veganism.

You only managed to post some voodoo books about "cure your life problems with a vegan diet!" and "cure cancer with veganism! yeah! it's totally the best option out there", type bullshit.

I can start posting links to anthropological evidence that humans have been eating meat for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years, if you want that. It's very clear and most modern scientist will say humans are omnivores.

Listen to this Podcast by Rich Roll, it's an interview with T. Colin Campbell:

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/rrp-79-t-colin-campbell-china-study-critics-plant-based-nutrition-prevent-reverse-disease/

I listened to it today while taking a jog/walk for 3 hours. I came back home around 20 minutes ago ago, I still have full energy even after running for so long. I hated running before but I can't stop now, it's so hard to stop moving when you have so much energy. No joke. It's RIDICULOUS. IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. If you think I'm lying by the way, I literally feel like standing up, going outside right now, and running again, despite me being sweaty already, that's what I feel like doing. I never felt SO ALIVE.

So anyway here are some facts from the podcast, it covers the 'debunkers' and his life history too by the way which is why I recommend downloading it and listening to it while walking or jogging or whatever:

Campbell was raised in a dairy farm. He got a full ride scholarship to go through Cornell University and got a PhD studying biochemistry, nutrition, and microbiology. Full ride all the way through to get his PhD at a top rated Ivy League University studying advanced and diverse scientific topics. Let me know how he can be debunked by a 20 year old English major blogger by the way who has no study of science.

He has over 300+ publications, PEER REVIEWED by other scientists and doctors who spent their entire lives studying science, and he eventually became head honcho of Cornell University, holding a senior position and receiving an endowed chair, the HIGHEST academic award and honor of a university.

He even admits that while performing the China Study, he was looking for things that REFUTE that animal foods caused cancer. He was completely biased in that direction, he didn't like the idea that animal meat products were bad, but that's exactly what his research showed. PEER REVIEWED. Again let me know how an English major 20 year old blogger debunked him but none of his peers who studied science their entire lives could.

You got caffeine to stay awake, you got pills to go to sleep, you got pills to lose weight, pills to have sex, pills to stop pain, pills to calm down, ignore the side effects, ignore a diet cure, and keep eating your meat and taking your pills.

Again, check out the video on my signature, "best way to prevent death" if you want to learn more about the SCIENCE behind a plant based diet, how it combats heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc, and how it can help you unlock your true potential in your life. Give it a try, if it doesn't work, whatever, I still applaud you for your efforts in becoming more open minded.

Best way to save the planet is through personal responsibility.

cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:06:02 AM

Makes me want to diet, and start juicing like that one guy who lost 40-100lbs.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:24:31 AM

Makes me want to diet, and start juicing like that one guy who lost 40-100lbs.

Get busy then.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
amitrwt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:35:39 AM

Ok why we are even having this discussion why don't we just respect each others choice of living their life instead of trying to persuade them to choose the alternate lifestyle.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
↑ UpDown.BT ↓  Bet on Gold/Oil/Currencies like a Boss ↑ [Thread] ↓
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:10:14 PM

Nothing is wrong with eating meat and I am not opposed to salads but the majority of vegan/vegetarian food tastes like utter horseshit.
Snippetz

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

Listen to this Podcast by Rich Roll, it's an interview with T. Colin Campbell:

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/rrp-79-t-colin-campbell-china-study-critics-plant-based-nutrition-prevent-reverse-disease/

I listened to it today while taking a jog/walk for 3 hours. I came back home around 20 minutes ago ago, I still have full energy even after running for so long. I hated running before but I can't stop now, it's so hard to stop moving when you have so much energy. No joke. It's RIDICULOUS. IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. If you think I'm lying by the way, I literally feel like standing up, going outside right now, and running again, despite me being sweaty already, that's what I feel like doing. I never felt SO ALIVE.

So anyway here are some facts from the podcast, it covers the 'debunkers' and his life history too by the way which is why I recommend downloading it and listening to it while walking or jogging or whatever:

Campbell was raised in a dairy farm. He got a full ride scholarship to go through Cornell University and got a PhD studying biochemistry, nutrition, and microbiology. Full ride all the way through to get his PhD at a top rated Ivy League University studying advanced and diverse scientific topics. Let me know how he can be debunked by a 20 year old English major blogger by the way who has no study of science.

He has over 300+ publications, PEER REVIEWED by other scientists and doctors who spent their entire lives studying science, and he eventually became head honcho of Cornell University, holding a senior position and receiving an endowed chair, the HIGHEST academic award and honor of a university.

He even admits that while performing the China Study, he was looking for things that REFUTE that animal foods caused cancer. He was completely biased in that direction, he didn't like the idea that animal meat products were bad, but that's exactly what his research showed. PEER REVIEWED. Again let me know how an English major 20 year old blogger debunked him but none of his peers who studied science their entire lives could.

You got caffeine to stay awake, you got pills to go to sleep, you got pills to lose weight, pills to have sex, pills to stop pain, pills to calm down, ignore the side effects, ignore a diet cure, and keep eating your meat and taking your pills.

Again, check out the video on my signature, "best way to prevent death" if you want to learn more about the SCIENCE behind a plant based diet, how it combats heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc, and how it can help you unlock your true potential in your life. Give it a try, if it doesn't work, whatever, I still applaud you for your efforts in becoming more open minded.

http://www.yoshke.com/wp-content/uploads/all-drains-lead-to-the-ocean.jpg

http://walkingchristian.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/993976_10151573251380773_867779571_n1.jpg

Best way to save the planet is through personal responsibility.

The sad part is, I don't even think veganism is that bad if done properly, but you encourage it like it's a miracle diet that will save you from everything, including low IQ.

Also, I would never watch any video with the title, "how to prevent death". Prevent death? I hate pretentious titles like that, that only serve to lure the reader in.

It's good you just discovered exercise. I don't know many people that go outside for exercise and an hour or two later say, "gee i really feel like having a nap now.." Exercise is supposed to wake you up because it raises your body temperature and gets the blood flowing.

I've already seen enough vegans to know I don't want to ever do veganism. Low test levels in men as well as women losing their periods while on it because they don't get any cholesterol anymore. Problems with their teeth, vitamin deficiencies etc. Not to mention the cult like mentality that comes along with it.

Why even bother posting pictures of greek philosophers? Those quotes can be taken in from so many different perspectives that it's rather pointless and just shows how childish your arguments are.

https://i.imgur.com/cJuDoMu.jpg

Woah, so profound!
Marcopolo123

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:34:42 PM

china study
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: