coinserve - 6 (18.8%)
coinin - 0 (0%)
inbit - 4 (12.5%)
coinabit - 2 (6.3%)
cointro - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What to name UK Bitcoin exchange - ReOpened  (Read 2558 times)
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:05:30 PM

We feel good management and not running with funds is more important than the name.

Correct. Aside from offering Faster Payments there's also offering two factor auth, up-front and documented KYC/AML ID requirements, thinking about how to have the exchange audited, having enough customer support staff.

Those are things I care about, not what domain name you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrWDunne (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:11:35 PM

We feel good management and not running with funds is more important than the name.

Correct. Aside from offering Faster Payments there's also offering two factor auth, up-front and documented KYC/AML ID requirements, thinking about how to have the exchange audited, having enough customer support staff.

Those are things I care about, not what domain name you have.

Glad to hear it, yes we will be offering all of those things. Currently debating whether or not to force AML/KYC for sub £500 a week accounts.

Possible that we won't.

Hoping to do full proof of reserves also.

blackvoice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:22:08 AM

www.bitvega.co.uk  is better
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:55:26 AM

I think the problem with a lot of those names is they are a bit too "clever" if you see what I mean?

Also I am a Brit but I assume you are not targeting solely the UK market, a non location specific domain would be better, so .com or .net rather than .co.uk

So thinking about what traditional exchanges are called, and assuming that you are aiming for the professional, efficient market place what about something (boring but clear) like "Cryptographic Currency Exchange" or CGCE or CGCEx or similar?

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:07:36 AM

I think the problem with a lot of those names is they are a bit too "clever" if you see what I mean?

Also I am a Brit but I assume you are not targeting solely the UK market, a non location specific domain would be better, so .com or .net rather than .co.uk

So thinking about what traditional exchanges are called, and assuming that you are aiming for the professional, efficient market place what about something (boring but clear) like "Cryptographic Currency Exchange" or CGCE or CGCEx or similar?

Not just the UK, however we will be playing to the fact that we are a British exchange. The logo for example will reflect this.

cgcex.net and .co.uk have been purchased.

tertius993

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:34:03 AM

Not just the UK, however we will be playing to the fact that we are a British exchange. The logo for example will reflect this.

Cool, please use the address in my sig for my fee ... Wink

Re. the branding/targeting I think there is a lot of pent up demand for a UK focused service - the transaction and F/X fees for the current exchanges really eat into funds - however, you probably need to tread a fine line between encouraging UK users and putting off non-UK users.
MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:06:44 AM

Re. the branding/targeting I think there is a lot of pent up demand for a UK focused service - the transaction and F/X fees for the current exchanges really eat into funds - however, you probably need to tread a fine line between encouraging UK users and putting off non-UK users.
I think the line is fairly wide considering the only current option is a SEPA transfer which is 3% = £15. So accepting faster payments essentially puts you in the best possible position.

tertius993

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:20:15 AM

I think the line is fairly wide considering the only current option is a SEPA transfer which is 3% = £15. So accepting faster payments essentially puts you in the best possible position.

Apologies, perhaps I wasn't clear, I did not mean in terms of what functionality you offer but in how you presented and marketed the exchange. 

To take an extreme example, a site that went big on Union Jacks, Churchill and bulldogs would probably not appeal to, for example, continental European users.

I think the focus should be on the relevance of the services/functionality within each jurisdiction.  I suspect one of the biggest challenges for an exchange is volume and to achieve that you need the broadest range of potential users.

But certainly a GBP:crypto exchange supporting faster payments for UK users would be bl**dy brilliant.
MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:20:20 PM

Apologies, perhaps I wasn't clear, I did not mean in terms of what functionality you offer but in how you presented and marketed the exchange. 

To take an extreme example, a site that went big on Union Jacks, Churchill and bulldogs would probably not appeal to, for example, continental European users.

I think the focus should be on the relevance of the services/functionality within each jurisdiction.  I suspect one of the biggest challenges for an exchange is volume and to achieve that you need the broadest range of potential users.

But certainly a GBP:crypto exchange supporting faster payments for UK users would be bl**dy brilliant.
The logo will reflect the fact that we are British, but not in such a way that it pushes away anyone else. Its more a joke at our own expense in some ways.

But yes, I somehow feel that faster payments will be a good thing for us.

btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:02:55 PM

Mimex. I love the magic internet money phrase.
MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:05:23 PM

Mimex. I love the magic internet money phrase.
Me too, it sums up bitcoin very well in a non-technical fashion.

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:20:07 PM

True, but you started this thread specifically to ask what people thought of website names... Don't then criticise them for telling you.

I like mimex, for reasons already stated but with the caveat that "m***x" and "magic" in the acronym reminds me of mtgox, which is an unfavourable association.
The person I quoted was TradeFortress, a notorious scammer. Hence why I didn't react that way to the other person who said the same, I wouldn't speak like that to anyone else.

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

Just a few hours left;)

tertius993

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:38:00 PM

I vote for CGCEX - CryptoGraphic Currency EXchange
MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:19:27 PM

Probably 2/3 hours until the name is decided.

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:58:37 PM

www.mimex.co.uk it is!

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:32:10 PM

Poll reopened at request of business partner

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:02:15 PM

What happened?  He doesn't like mimex?  What would he rather have win: coinserve or bitvega?

Those are good too.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

What happened?  He doesn't like mimex?  What would he rather have win: coinserve or bitvega?

Those are good too.

I like Mimex, he doesn't so I agreed to leave the poll open for a few more days to give more people a chance to vote.

My second option would be coinserve, personally. Its a shame btalk doesn't allow polls with 2nd options.

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:54:53 PM

Mimex has a fair lead here...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: