Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scarcity model bullshit.  (Read 2704 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:48:30 PM

You don't need to have a doctor's degree to understand money, you don't need to care about M0, M3, GDP, CPI, etc..., just the most simple rule of fair trading: If someone created money out of nothing, are you willing to exchange your goods/services in exchange for this money? I guess the answer is usually a NO

However, if you are a commercial bank, and you know that central bank created money out of nothing, if you could successfully pass those money to general public who don't understand what happened behind the scene, your answer might be YES

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:58:10 AM

Honesty is getting what you payed for....

They say they stupidest shit...
Bitcoin is just like the DOLLAR!

Do honest people hang around in forums where they openly despise the primary community topic and most of the people?

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

The scarcity model for currency is what creates, war, poverty, income inequality.

Wars last only a few months when limited money is used. When the government pumps out unlimited money wars go for years.

Poverty and income inequality is produced when inflated currencies are first given to the haves who then pass the inflation onto the have nots.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:27:00 PM

Honesty is getting what you payed for....

They say they stupidest shit...
Bitcoin is just like the DOLLAR!

Do honest people hang around in forums where they openly despise the primary community topic and most of the people?

Yeah not much of a speller.

I dont despise bitcoin. It is just a distraction on the road to a new sustainable currency model.  I actually love the bitcoin protocol and I love the blockchain innovation, but the coin itself is garbage for anything other than blackmarket transactions (which is great) and speculation (which is lousy).

The guys in this forum are the people who matter in the world of digital currency. I need to work with you, but first we have to admit that bitcoin doesnt work right and isnt an honest form of money. Then we can look at how to fix it, I dont expect you to be onboard you have a financial interest in seeing bitcoin gain wider adoption.

I am looking for the people who are not selfish trolls only interested in their own financial gain. I am looking for people who want to promote freedom, who want to return the money power to producers, who want to leave the world a better place than they found it, and who want to change the power dynamic, not by replacing it with another top down, centralized, controlled, and manipulated currency like bitcoin, but by working in cooperation with other productive people. The people who create the wealth in the first place.

Just a bunch or wall street wannabees involved in bitcoin.    

Ways bitcoin is like the dollar

Centrally controlled, price is manipulated, neither have a socially objective standard (no standard), you cant say what either is equal to, and both derive their value from being scarce. 

Whats different?   
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:47:39 PM

The scarcity model for currency is what creates, war, poverty, income inequality.

Wars last only a few months when limited money is used. When the government pumps out unlimited money wars go for years.

Poverty and income inequality is produced when inflated currencies are first given to the haves who then pass the inflation onto the have nots.

Or when deflationary currency's are hoarded by the rich making the cost of debts unbearable. Credit and debt are 2 sides of the same coin. Its the same thing seen from different prospective. 

The dollar punishes currency savers and rewards currency borrowers
Bitcoin rewards currency savers and punishes borrowers

Inflation and deflation are both theft the only thing that changes is who is being robbed.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:04:26 PM

Or when deflationary currency's are hoarded by the rich making the cost of debts unbearable. Credit and debt are 2 sides of the same coin. Its the same thing seen from different prospective. 

The dollar punishes currency savers and rewards currency borrowers
Bitcoin rewards currency savers and punishes borrowers

Inflation and deflation are both theft the only thing that changes is who is being robbed.

There's no perfect system.

Interest rates are built into fiat loans to try to make the deal more fair.
Negative interest rates could perhaps be used in bitcoin loans in the future in the same way.

No one's forcing anyone to take a loan or not take a loan.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: