Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MoneyPak for bitcoin  (Read 1255 times)
royboy94 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:29:16 PM

Hi all, I'm new to bitcoins and looking to buy at the moment. I found a deal that I like on localbitcoins.com and I am in contact with the seller, but he is out of town at the moment. He wants me to pay with moneypak, but I have never done this and that sketches me out a little bit. This is the email he sent me, can anyone confirm this as legit?

"Ok. We used to use paypal but paypal made it against their terms of service since many buyers would file for a chargeback after they got the coins. Now we use Moneypaks. You got walgreens or CVS and purchase a Money pak for $500. You upload a photo of the receipt and the card showing the code as proof you paid. I call and verify. Once I do that,that pak has all my personal info registered for your safety and since it is an instant payment I send the coins instantly. I need you to send me and offer for $530. It wont let me send more than you asked for eventhough you are paying $500. Some advice. Take 5 minutes of your time and open a Multibit or Blockchain wallet and put your coins there. There has been alot of bitcoins movement in the las 7 days and hackers are on this site stealing coins. Let me know what time you want to do it so I can be online at the same time and you can confirm you got the coins. Thanks dont forget top send the new offer. I uploaded a picture of a moneypak"

If this is legit I'd love to buy but I definitely don't want to get scammed on my first buy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:44:39 AM

Hi all, I'm new to bitcoins and looking to buy at the moment. I found a deal that I like on localbitcoins.com and I am in contact with the seller, but he is out of town at the moment. He wants me to pay with moneypak, but I have never done this and that sketches me out a little bit. This is the email he sent me, can anyone confirm this as legit?

"Ok. We used to use paypal but paypal made it against their terms of service since many buyers would file for a chargeback after they got the coins. Now we use Moneypaks. You got walgreens or CVS and purchase a Money pak for $500. You upload a photo of the receipt and the card showing the code as proof you paid. I call and verify. Once I do that,that pak has all my personal info registered for your safety and since it is an instant payment I send the coins instantly. I need you to send me and offer for $530. It wont let me send more than you asked for eventhough you are paying $500. Some advice. Take 5 minutes of your time and open a Multibit or Blockchain wallet and put your coins there. There has been alot of bitcoins movement in the las 7 days and hackers are on this site stealing coins. Let me know what time you want to do it so I can be online at the same time and you can confirm you got the coins. Thanks dont forget top send the new offer. I uploaded a picture of a moneypak"

If this is legit I'd love to buy but I definitely don't want to get scammed on my first buy!
The part about opening a trade for a higher amount seems sketchy since he can just adjust the ad's rate.  Ask him to do that so he can't dispute and say you gave him one for the wrong amount.  Besides that, you'll be fine.  LBTC holds the coins in escrow so he can't run off

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: