Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:33:33 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 534491 times)
pradalady

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:33:24 PM

Test 11 is so professional. Any ETA of beta test phase? Since alpha has 11 tests, so beta test will be very near? Personally I want cheap coins before beta or official launch.

Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeeman

Activity: 549

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:07:21 PM

Thinking about the future value of the coin and the obvious became apparent.

Why should maid safe be worth anything when there are to be four thousand million coins available? (I consider this a serious coin, BUT thats FOUR THOUSAND MILLION) That is alot of coin in the cryptosphere. (And more so in RELATION to other serious coins, its a standout oversupply of coins).

It is obviously a ridiculous amount of coins to have in circulation for a crypto whatever the foundation of the coin is.
And as a crypto can be broken down to so many decimal places it also is an irrational amout of supply.

I think whoever decided on this amount of coins has made a mistake if trying to creating standout value for the coin. If there is too much of something the value is always lessened by that degree. You want to try and explain how I can get it so wrong?

Don't get me wrong as I really like what is happeneng here but if everythng goes well, and is succesfull, how can there be value in it if there are so many coins in circulation?
It seems unlikely that this coin will be ranging in any high numbers, Is that intentional?

You are welcome to explain as indepth as you may, because I don't think I see it as you do.

That number is the maximum amount. We won't get there in 20 or 50 years. If you have 1 Safecoin farmed, and let's assume you could PUT (upload) several GB's of data to the network, what happens? Well, you are the owner of the Safecoin. When you PUT data to the network your close nodes want you to "burn" that coin so you can upload data. "Burning" isn't the right word as the address for the coin become available again for farming. And the Farming process picks a random Safecoin address to see if it's free. So all data that's uploaded to the network removes Safecoin out of the system. The "many decimal places" are there for a reason. the Farming Reward (how much coins you get to deliver a mb of data to the network) changes. So when there's enough storage space the reward goes down. So you get less coins when you deliver data tot he network. So let's say it's 1 Safecoin when you delivered 1 TB of data while the price is $0.10 per Safecoin. Two days later the price goes up to $0.12 per Safecoin. The algorithm kicks in because more people tried to Farm coins. The Farming Reward will drop 20% because the price of Safecoin got up. So there's still balance even if the price goes up to $0.30 or $1.00

There's also caching in the network. So a new episode of Games Of Thrones watched by thousands of people doesn't trigger a lot of farming because chunks get delivered faster by closer nodes from caching. Another thing to add is that "structured data" which is dynamic data (like a editable reply on a forum) costs more than just plan storage of an mb. of data. People also pay (burn!) Safecoin when they want to register a name in the DNS or use other services. So a lot of coins get removed until they get farmed again at that address (if they even ever will). So it all depends on the algo's created by Maidsafe for test_Farming and test_safecoin. So we start with 450 million coins. If the algo's for Farming are really strict we might only see 50 million new coins in a year with 1 million users. If the algo's are very loose we might see double that amount. Every Vault is in a close group that's part of Farming as well. So if you calculate the number of successful farming attempts in your close group you might calculate how much coins are out there. So if 150 from 1000 attempt fail it means that 15% of the Safecoin addresses are already Farmed. That means 654 million coins out there. That's why we have test_farming and test_safecoin. All these things will tested before implemented.     
zeeman

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:17:15 PM

I have a few questions about the SAFE Browser for you zeeman (I would really appreciate an answer) , Is it going to be possible to access Safenet websites from the normal browsers or not ? If not , how about Tor ? and Is it possible to access .onion and normal website from the Safe browser ? and is there is any fees required while visiting websites ?

We used "mixed browsing" on several testnets with Chrome and Firefox and Waterfox. It used a proxy-setting delivered by Maidsafe. But as you might know there are a lot of trackers that follow you in the browser. That's why the proxy was removed. And all connections to the "normal" internet are being removed from the SAFE Beaker Browser as well. This is to make things really secure. Same for TOR. SAFE is something completely new and you don't need a server for it. So no WWW and no FTP-connections etc. My guess is people will use the SAFE Beaker Browser for SAFE.

Will some folks create plugins and proxies and bridges? Probably. But Maidsafe chooses the path of real deep security. It's up to you to use third party plugins that make things more easy but less secure. I like TOR and I2P and others. But I do understand the vision by Maidsafe not to support everything.

You don't ever have to pay to download and or "surf" the SAFE Network. At least, that's the idea for a very long time  Tongue. If it really isn't possible they might change that but BitTorrent, Freenet, Skype and others are working for years with free downloads so it shouldn't be a problem I guess.
zeeman

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:39:16 PM

Test 11 is so professional. Any ETA of beta test phase? Since alpha has 11 tests, so beta test will be very near? Personally I want cheap coins before beta or official launch.

They announced they will deliver Alpha 2 after Alpha 1. So no BETA in the coming weeks/months. We might even see Alpha 3 as well, I don't know. Things change quick as they work quite fast  Cheesy.
Data needs to be secure all the time, even when the whole internet goes down for several days. That's why they're working on datachains. We NEED these before that goal is ever reached.

Routing needs to be fast and secure, that why they've implemented 'Disjoint Groups" over the last weeks. Nobody should be able to attack the network by starting thousands of nodes to target groups. That's why they invented "Node Ageing". They talked about a solution to this problem for several days with several devs. And Node Ageing was the outcome:

https://github.com/maidsafe/rfcs/blob/master/text/0045-node-ageing/0045-node-ageing.md

So these things need to be implemented before we can ever have the full SAFE Network with nodes from home an data that's secure even without being touched for years. But it won't take years to do this. They have around 12 coders at the moment and things go quite fast. Check the weekly updates to get a grip of where they are:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-october-18-2016-test-11/11562
zeeman

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:58:05 PM

Global SAFE events. Finally  Cheesy

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-october-25-2016/11621

Enjoy@#!
zeeman

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:13:29 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-november-1-2016/11672
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:13:00 PM

Each time a new dev update gets released , I see more potentials and I believe more in the MaidSafe project ... But in same time I see the price of Safecoins decreasing which I can't seem to understand why... I know It's not Beta or final release yet but the price should already reach the moon  as the project is revolutionary (more then BTC If you ask me)

kerrang

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 04:07:32 AM

btc bullish = alts bear
zeeman

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:08:06 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-november-8-2016/11717

I guess this is the most important part of the update:

We want to produce vault binaries that users can run from home as soon as possible.

We had several testnets with Vaults, but now they're optimized. Slow nodes will be dropped while faster ones take more load. A Vault
is a piece of software that routes and stores chunks for The SAFE Network. It's where "farming" takes place. I'm quite curious to see how
the new Vaults behave  Roll Eyes 
zeeman

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:58:21 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-november-15-2016/11747

Enjoy!@!!
overthetop2011

Activity: 592

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:36:30 AM

Great, good job devs.  Smiley

rorschach1

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:52:50 PM

nice interface I impressed

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
szachta

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:53:25 PM

How to mine this coin?
MadGamer

Activity: 966

★ BitClave $22M/$25M on pre-sale ★

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:57:23 PM

How to mine this coin?

It's not possible to mine Safecoins , you have to farm them instead. From the official website :
Safecoins are given as an incentive to users for providing their resource to the network. This resource is their: storage space, CPU, bandwidth and online time that enable the encrypted chunks of network data to be stored and retrieved from their computer. The process of providing resource and receiving safecoin in return is called ‘Farming’

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
zeeman

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:22:38 PM

Here's the full update:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-november-22-2016/11818

Enjoy!@!
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:00:41 AM

Does the new zkSNARK parameters such as in Zcash offer anything new for SAFE network?

It seems like a new form within encryption?

Is this something the SAFE team is looking into?

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
overthetop2011

Activity: 592

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:51:00 AM

when would the team release the Beta version?

One year or two years later?

thanks

daneranon89

Activity: 210

True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 04:13:46 AM

Each time a new dev update gets released , I see more potentials and I believe more in the MaidSafe project ... But in same time I see the price of Safecoins decreasing which I can't seem to understand why... I know It's not Beta or final release yet but the price should already reach the moon  as the project is revolutionary (more then BTC If you ask me)

We are seeing the prices correcting or falling because week hands selling or leaving this coin. Wait until the Alpha is released and you can expect to see new interest building up around this coin and some good percentage of price appreciation. Another issues is the large number of coins in circulation, One user has already explained about how these coins will be taken out of circulation. What you got to do is, hold the coin patiently.

wavespump

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 04:18:53 AM

thanks

It is in alpha still, persoanlly I bought in 2015 and they said beta/official is SOON, but after i bought a lot, they delayed again. I lost much money on this project, i was not so patient. You may see beta in 2017, or 2018. It is a slow project

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
zeeman

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:31:56 AM

thanks

The main focus is to get the Vaults (software people run from home that "makes" the SAFE Network) in people's hand again. We had these during several testnets. Now they are being optimized against security attacks and for different bandwidth nodes. This is what they say about it in yesterday's update:

We finally got the routing churn test to pass consistently with disjoint groups: It simulates a network with joining and leaving nodes, and after each change verifies that the new network invariant is satisfied, i.e. every node has made a connection to every node that it needs in its routing table according to RFC 371,

And there's more:

We're down to 3 failing tests out of 102, and those all point to a particular problem with groups failing to send a message while they're in the process of merging. We're already working on the fix for that.

After sorting those out, we will move on to testing a routing example application on droplets, while some of us will iron out any remaining test failures in safe_vault. When those tests pass, too, we will test vault binaries on droplets again, and start implementing the Node Ageing RFC1.

So what is this all about:

"Node Ageing" is the way new nodes join the network. People could start 1000 nodes and try to take over the network when it's small. "Node Ageing" prevents this. So we need this before we get Vaults.
"Disjoint Groups" is the new logic used for routing. It makes the network more secure and probably faster. The Maidsafe devs not only implemented this, they also implemented several tests for this new logic. It tests splitting and joining groups, the join of new nodes etc. Next to that Maidsafe keeps refactoring modules, which means optimizing code to make it faster, more secure and therefore better.

"Disjoint Groups" is almost done, "node Ageing" will probably take around 5 weeks is my guess. They also work on several other things at the same time as you can read in the update. So my guess: We'll see Alpha 2 with Vaults we can run from home in Q1 of 2017. After that they probably focus on the "Datachain" and the implementation of "Farming" with "Safecoin". A lot of great work is done at the moment, but it's not stuff we can see with installers. We'll have to wait until the features are done and tested.     
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.