Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:45:34 PM

MaidSafe Dev Update 20th September 2016

Enjoy!@!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 06:23:27 PM

Any particular reason why maidsafe coin price declining ? It had a nice rise but now has been consistently dropping for almost a week?  Huh

One reason is the new crowdfunding initiative, which entails even more dilution of old investors' capital.

Even the dullest, most trusting person must begin to suspect something is wrong when Maid spends years burning ICO money yet produces nothing of value, and then goes back to the well asking for more funding.

That's what happens when you try to solve too many complex problems in a v1 product.

It's the old Xanadu Syndrome; ignore the KISS principle at your peril.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
someone111

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:31:47 PM

Why is synereo already overfunded in shorter time? Maidsafe made far less money in the same time.

https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/synereo

https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/maidsafe-net

Any opinions synero vs maidsafe? Worth investing?

-
zeeman

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:28:54 AM

Any particular reason why maidsafe coin price declining ? It had a nice rise but now has been consistently dropping for almost a week?  Huh

One reason is the new crowdfunding initiative, which entails even more dilution of old investors' capital.

Even the dullest, most trusting person must begin to suspect something is wrong when Maid spends years burning ICO money yet produces nothing of value, and then goes back to the well asking for more funding.

That's what happens when you try to solve too many complex problems in a v1 product.

Maybe keep your facts straight. The ICO doesn't hold any shareholder rights. This round of funding does as they're selling 6.25% of their company. StroJ did a round on BTTF as well even while they had a ICO befroe. Same for Factom. These projects are now selling real parts of their company, which isn't any different from the likes of AirBnB and Uber who even did several investment rounds. The nice thing about BTTF is that none of your cryptocoins from the ICO get diluted.

Ohw, and Maidsafe did deliver projects. They hold some patents as well as this stuff is quite innovative.

• DNS (decentralized Name System, crypto alternative to the current DNS)
    • Self_Encryption (This allows for caching, making popular data faster)
    • Self_Authentication (Log in to a decentralized network without sending your passwords to a server)
    • SAFE Mail (fully encrypted decentralized email with end-to-end encryption)

Loads more to come. The real magic will be Safecoin with transactions at least 600 times faster than Bitcoin. Fully anonymous as well.[/list]
    OmegaStarScream
    Staff
    Legendary

Activity: 3458
    Merit: 6088

View Profile
    September 21, 2016, 08:54:19 AM

Why is synereo already overfunded in shorter time? Maidsafe made far less money in the same time.

MaidSafe started getting funds by the CEO as far as I know (from family & friends) by 5 million dollars then the Crowdsale was so successful (they got 7$ million in five hours) and now they are now using BankToTheFuture . So in terms of funding , MaidSafe was better.
    In my opinion , both worth investing but MaidSafe (decentralized internet) will be probably more successful as It offers better much better stuff than simply a Decentralized Social media website (Synereo). It's just a matter of time till MaidSafe price will skyrocket, for the moment there is no use for it but once the real version is released , It will increase.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    e
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████████
    ████████████▄███
    ██▐███████▄█████▀
    █████████▄████▀
    ███▐████▄███▀
    ████▐██████▀
    █████▀█████
    ███████████▄
    ████████████▄
    ██▄█████▀█████▄
    ▄█████████▀█████▀
    ███████████▀██▀
    ████▀█████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    c.h.
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
    ▄██████▄▄▄
    █████████████▄▄
    ███████████████
    ███████████████
    ███████████████
    ███████████████
    ███░░█████████
    ███▌▐█████████
    █████████████
    ███████████▀
    ██████████▀
    ████████▀
    ▀██▀▀
    zeeman

View Profile
    September 21, 2016, 09:17:26 AM

MaidSafe started getting funds by the CEO as far as I know (from family & friends) by 5 million dollars then the Crowdsale was so successful (they got 7$ million in five hours) and now they are now using BankToTheFuture . So in terms of funding , MaidSafe was better.
    In my opinion , both worth investing but MaidSafe (decentralized internet) will be probably more successful as It offers better much better stuff than simply a Decentralized Social media website (Synereo). It's just a matter of time till MaidSafe price will skyrocket, for the moment there is no use for it but once the real version is released , It will increase.

I agree, for Synero it's their first funding as far as I know. Nou doubt they're doing a great job with it. And it's blockchain based. The blockchain got hyped to the max and still family and friends are sending me articles about it from the conventional media. Maidsafe uses no blockchain but is implementing the Datachain. It's technically quite hard to understand but it allows for proof that a files exists (like Factom) and allows version updates as well. It's like 1 big merkle tree of hashes which can be updated (if needed) as well. As all the hashes are linked each group of the network becomes responsible for a particular address range. Even after a total blackout the nodes can rebuild everything from scratch.

https://metaquestions.me/2016/07/20/data-chains-what-why-how/

ihanaihana

Activity: 86
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    September 21, 2016, 09:21:13 AM

I agree, for Synero it's their first funding as far as I know. Nou doubt they're doing a great job with it. And it's blockchain based. The blockchain got hyped to the max and still family and friends are sending me articles about it from the conventional media. Maidsafe uses no blockchain but is implementing the Datachain. It's technically quite hard to understand but it allows for proof that a files exists (like Factom) and allows version updates as well. It's like 1 big merkle tree of hashes which can be updated (if needed) as well. As all the hashes are linked each group of the network becomes responsible for a particular address range. Even after a total blackout the nodes can rebuild everything from scratch.

Synero had ico in 2015, first funding on BankToTheFuture site. Do you think ico as funding also?

Maidsafe is selling the share/equity, so does synereo, synereo sold 12% while Maidsafe sold 6%

░▄░░▄▄▄
    █░█░█▄▀ | ARK.io | Token Exchange - 7 NOV 2016 |
    █░█░█▀▄ | PUTTING THE CURRENCY BACK INTO CRYPTO. |
    zeeman

View Profile
    September 21, 2016, 09:26:43 AM

Synero had ico in 2015, first funding on BankToTheFuture site. Do you think ico as funding also?

Maidsafe is selling the share/equity, so does synereo, synereo sold 12% while Maidsafe sold 6%

Ahh yes I see. ICO is indeed funding, although not selling part of the company. 
    ihanaihana

Activity: 86

View Profile
    September 21, 2016, 09:29:48 AM

Ahh yes I see. ICO is indeed funding, although not selling part of the company. 

I consider ico/crowdfunding is a pre-seed A funding. Invest in good ico projects can be more profitable than seed funding investors or angel investors. Also, NXT, XEM, ETH these big projects don't have seed funding, angels can't buy the shares of the company, they can only buy coins to profit.

░▄░░▄▄▄
    █░█░█▄▀ | ARK.io | Token Exchange - 7 NOV 2016 |
    █░█░█▀▄ | PUTTING THE CURRENCY BACK INTO CRYPTO. |
    iCEBREAKER
    Legendary

View Profile WWW
    September 21, 2016, 10:31:39 AM

Any particular reason why maidsafe coin price declining ? It had a nice rise but now has been consistently dropping for almost a week?  Huh

Maybe keep your facts straight. The ICO doesn't hold any shareholder rights. This round of funding does as they're selling 6.25% of their company. StroJ did a round on BTTF as well even while they had a ICO befroe. Same for Factom. These projects are now selling real parts of their company, which isn't any different from the likes of AirBnB and Uber who even did several investment rounds. The nice thing about BTTF is that none of your cryptocoins from the ICO get diluted.

Ohw, and Maidsafe did deliver projects. They hold some patents as well as this stuff is quite innovative.

• Self_Authentication (Log in to a decentralized network without sending your passwords to a server)

Loads more to come. The real magic will be Safecoin with transactions at least 600 times faster than Bitcoin. Fully anonymous as well.[/list]

Wow!  I can't believe Maidsafe is solving so many complex problems in a v1 product.   Roll Eyes

██████████
      █████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      ████
      ████████████████████████
      █████
      █████
      ██████
      ██████
      ██████
      ██████
      ██████
      █████
      █████████████
      ██████████████
      ██████████████████████
      █████████████████
      ██████████

Monero
      David Chaum 1996
      P2P Exchange Network
      Buy XMR with fiat
      Is Dash a scam?
      Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413

View Profile
      September 21, 2016, 10:48:34 AM

Wow!  I can't believe Maidsafe is solving so many complex problems in a v1 product.   Roll Eyes

Wow, are those 1428 posts all FUD ?
        Or just the last 1137 ones ?

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
        zeeman

View Profile
        September 21, 2016, 10:49:11 AM

Great isn't it? as you can test all these features right now.

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-alpha-release/10687

Here's the SAFE Mail location, it works like magic:

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-test-9-safe-mail-tutorial/11181

iCEBREAKER
          Legendary

View Profile WWW
          September 21, 2016, 10:52:01 AM

Wow, are those 1428 posts all FUD ?
            Or just the last 1137 ones ?

Wow, are your 279 noob posts all deflection via shooting the messenger?

Let's stick the the topic of how Maid is supposedly going to solve so many complex problems in a v1 product.

██████████
            █████████████████
            ██████████████████████
            ████
            ████████████████████████
            █████
            █████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            █████
            █████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████████████
            █████████████████
            ██████████

Monero
            David Chaum 1996
            P2P Exchange Network
            Buy XMR with fiat
            Is Dash a scam?
            zeeman

View Profile
            September 22, 2016, 08:26:59 PM

https://twitter.com/safenetforum/status/779020525591027713

The Alpha 1 network is still live and kicking....

SAFE Forum: SAFE Network Alpha Release

Have fun!@!
            Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
            Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
            September 23, 2016, 06:11:12 AM

Please do not mislead people. Synereo is building not only decentralized social media website! They are building decentralized economy. It is the same as to say that MaidSafe is building simply a decentralized cloud storage.

Regarding Bnktothefuture funding I'm sure that it is very difficult to attract many investors to invest in a product they do not understand today. Most of the people will use centralized internet as they do not care about libertarian stuff of freedom. The same is about cryptocurrencies. It is only in libertarian dreams that crypto could change fiat money. No way, banks will issue their own blockchains and digitalize fiat money.

.BIG WINNER!.
            [15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
            ██████████████████████
            ██████████▀▀██████████
            █████████░░░░█████████
            ██████████▄▄██████████
            ███████▀▀████▀▀███████
            ██████░░░░██░░░░██████
            ███████▄▄████▄▄███████
            ████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
            ███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
            ████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
            ██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
            ▄████████████████████▄
            ██████████████████████
            █████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
            █████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
            █████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
            █████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
            █████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
            █████████░░░░░░███████
            ████████░░░░░░░███████
            ███████░░░░░░░░███████
            ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
            ▀████████████████████▀
            ▄████████████████████▄
            ███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
            ███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
            █████████▀░░█████░░░░█
            ███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
            ██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
            █████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
            ████░████▄░███████░░░░
            ███░█████░█████████░░█
            ███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
            ███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
            ███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
            ████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
            █████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
            ██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
            ███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
            ████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
            ███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
            █▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
            ▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
            ░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
            ░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
            ███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
            ███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
            ▄████████████████████▄
            ████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
            ███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
            ██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
            ██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
            ██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
            ██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
            ██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
            ██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
            ██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
            █████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
            █████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
            Daily Quests
            Faucet
            wannarahaa

Activity: 94

View Profile
            September 23, 2016, 06:20:30 AM

Coding on maidsafe network is same as coding on real internet?? Or we need to use another language?
            zeeman

View Profile
            September 23, 2016, 07:50:44 AM

Coding on maidsafe network is same as coding on real internet?? Or we need to use another language?

For static websites it's the same. HTML works just fine. For dynamic websites it's a bit different. You can still use JavaScript but as there's no server you need to use the SAFE API.

https://safenetforum.org/t/can-we-create-non-static-websites/11250

The great thing is, on SAFE you build and upload your website and you never worry about a server being down. Your website is always available.
            wannarahaa

Activity: 94

View Profile
            September 23, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

For static websites it's the same. HTML works just fine. For dynamic websites it's a bit different. You can still use JavaScript but as there's no server you need to use the SAFE API.

The great thing is, on SAFE you build and upload your website and you never worry about a server being down. Your website is always available.

No server needed? Wow, so amazing, how to do that? Safe network is a server? So website owners don't need to have rent or buy server?
            zeeman

View Profile
            September 23, 2016, 07:29:13 PM

No server needed? Wow, so amazing, how to do that? Safe network is a server? So website owners don't need to have rent or buy server?

Maidsafe's philosophy is: servers will never be secure so let's get rid of them. Just look at Yahoo and the 500 million accounts that got stolen. It's a bizar thing. So instead of trying to protect a server with your data somewhere Maidsafe does something different. It automatically chunks and encrypts all your data before it leaves your computer. So hackers need to hack your computer to even get close to it. All data is spread out all over the network and the holders of the chunks don't have a clue what's in there. Each chunk is stored at least 4 times. And when 1 node goes offline another takes over. So your data "moves" over the network and the moment you request it the chunks come your way to be decrypted by you only. It's amazing technology.

Here's a video with more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdGH40oUVDY   
            rickgejr

Activity: 251

View Profile
            September 23, 2016, 09:42:07 PM

It's going to be really interesting when Maidsafe enters beta.

Been watching it for years, but now I'm grasping the concept a little better after looking into Meshnets.

I can't wait to try the email and various websites...and have my safecoin wallet on the network. Omnilayer etc., sucks for the layman.

I also think a lot of people need to give Maidsafe a second look.

There are so many ramifications here that I cannot see with other experiments, such as Factom, Synereo, Storj etc.

It's beyond blockchain...

I suggested that Monero and AEON would surge months before they did, but this project?

I think it will even surpass Ethereum and challenge Bitcoin, not only for cryptocurrency dominance, but internet, storage, email etc., supremacy.

Although, it's decentralized and private, it's not immune to network shutdowns, in my thinking. It uses existing infrastructure.

It would be nice -- at some future date -- to integrate a backup Meshnet or some kind of secondary backbone, if criminals or other bad actors seek to disrupt the system in some way.

What are the attack vectors? Has this been described?

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 165 »
              Print  

Jump to: