Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:16:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
wannarahaa

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 06:58:47 AM

It's going to be really interesting when Maidsafe enters beta.

Been watching it for years, but now I'm grasping the concept a little better after looking into Meshnets.

I can't wait to try the email and various websites...and have my safecoin wallet on the network. Omnilayer etc., sucks for the layman.

I also think a lot of people need to give Maidsafe a second look.

There are so many ramifications here that I cannot see with other experiments, such as Factom, Synereo, Storj etc.

It's beyond blockchain...

I suggested that Monero and AEON would surge months before they did, but this project?

I think it will even surpass Ethereum and challenge Bitcoin, not only for cryptocurrency dominance, but internet, storage, email etc., supremacy.

Although, it's decentralized and private, it's not immune to network shutdowns, in my thinking. It uses existing infrastructure.

It would be nice -- at some future date -- to integrate a backup Meshnet or some kind of secondary backbone, if criminals or other bad actors seek to disrupt the system in some way.

What are the attack vectors? Has this been described?

Beta will be next year, I guess, alpha testing goes long time, the project looks like an impossible mission, but they did well in alpha test.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:45:33 AM

It's going to be really interesting when Maidsafe enters beta.

Been watching it for years, but now I'm grasping the concept a little better after looking into Meshnets.

I can't wait to try the email and various websites...and have my safecoin wallet on the network. Omnilayer etc., sucks for the layman.

I also think a lot of people need to give Maidsafe a second look.

There are so many ramifications here that I cannot see with other experiments, such as Factom, Synereo, Storj etc.

It's beyond blockchain...

I suggested that Monero and AEON would surge months before they did, but this project?

I think it will even surpass Ethereum and challenge Bitcoin, not only for cryptocurrency dominance, but internet, storage, email etc., supremacy.

Although, it's decentralized and private, it's not immune to network shutdowns, in my thinking. It uses existing infrastructure.

It would be nice -- at some future date -- to integrate a backup Meshnet or some kind of secondary backbone, if criminals or other bad actors seek to disrupt the system in some way.

What are the attack vectors? Has this been described?

There are attack vectors for every system. For SAFE it's loosing groups consensus where nodes "target a group" to take it over. So you are in a group which starts with "AA" so you are AA001 another one is AA002. Let's say this group is 16 nodes big with nodes coming in and out over time. Groups consensus is 16/2 +1. So 9 nodes need to "sign" something before other close groups approve it. On SAFE you can't pick your own address. The network will give you the opportunity to join a group when there's a free spot. So if I want to attack your group I could start thousands of nodes until I'm finally part of your group. If I do this over and over again I could take over a group. The devs have several ways of blocking this. Think of farmers that have to pay some Safecoin before they're allowed to join a group to farm. Another one is not giving nodes any right to "sign" messages before they've done some work over time. That way it would be extremely hard to start thousands of nodes. I also think it's very hard to target a group. Say we have 10.000.000 users on SAFE in 1 million group of ten nodes each. This means there's a 0,00001% chance you end up in a group you want.

People caught in Germany using P2P are offered an 800 euro settlement to not be brought to court. BitTorrent isn't that popular in Germany anymore. Now imagine SAFE being in BETA. All downloads are 100% free, you'll never get caught because everything is encrypted and you could even make money as a Farmer when you store and deliver data for the network. Without a chance of being caught! All encryption layers give you exactly what Maidsafe has promised us. Privacy, Security and Freedom. How many user will SAFE have? I'll bet we'll reach the million quite fast.        
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:56:43 AM

how to visit the other ppls' Demo App websites/services?

thanks.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 03:19:50 AM

I'm going to have internet soon, other than my phone's hotspot. Is this coin in beta? Can it be "mined" right now?
zeeman

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:06:38 AM

thanks.

The SAFE Beaker Browser won't connect you to the normal internet with http and https. Instead it connects you to safe://websites.
For now you can set a proxyserver and use your current browser (mixed browsing). Please notice this isn't secure as tracking cookies might
follow. Give it a go on the Alpha network.

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-alpha-release/10687

Here you can find hundreds of websites listed:

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-alpha-release/10687/317

In the coming months we'll see several web-apps for the SAFE Beaker Browser. So SAFE will have it's own tools to browse the network.

I'm going to have internet soon, other than my phone's hotspot. Is this coin in beta? Can it be "mined" right now?

No not yet, they're working on the routing/security layers first. these have to be very good before they implement test-Safecoin. I do think that will be the killer App though as
transactions are expected to be finalized under a second and can scale to thousands per second without a problem. No blocksize debate needed.  

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:28:31 PM

I thought users should have Safecoins to be able to buy domains and do stuff on the Launcher , how come there is already domains and available "Safe" websites while Safecoins aren't available on the Platform yet ? (I know It's possible to buy them from exchanges for the moment)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hollandvan

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:41:18 PM

thanks.

The SAFE Beaker Browser won't connect you to the normal internet with http and https. Instead it connects you to safe://websites.
For now you can set a proxyserver and use your current browser (mixed browsing). Please notice this isn't secure as tracking cookies might
follow. Give it a go on the Alpha network.

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-alpha-release/10687

Here you can find hundreds of websites listed:

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-alpha-release/10687/317

In the coming months we'll see several web-apps for the SAFE Beaker Browser. So SAFE will have it's own tools to browse the network.

No not yet, they're working on the routing/security layers first. these have to be very good before they implement test-Safecoin. I do think that will be the killer App though as
transactions are expected to be finalized under a second and can scale to thousands per second without a problem. No blocksize debate needed.  

So it looks like another form of tor browser? Can't visit normal sites, only open special sites with safe://websites, similar to tor's onion dark net. It will be widely used by dark net merchants, i guess.

zeeman

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:43:08 PM

I thought users should have Safecoins to be able to buy domains and do stuff on the Launcher , how come there is already domains and available "Safe" websites while Safecoins aren't available on the Platform yet ? (I know It's possible to buy them from exchanges for the moment)

It's out in the open so to speak. People can test, developers can try out apps and people can build websites and register domains. The network will be wiped though, as it's in Alpha (not Beta). So in a few months people can farm test-Safecoin and Maidsafe can try several algo's to see what fits best. If they've optimized it and people are running Vaults from home again (as we did in several tests) they will announce the launch of the real network. At that moment the network is started and can't be stopped again. So what they're doing is testing, testing and more testing. They also allow external devs to build applications that work with their API's. So everything is getting optimized for the great moment where this thing goes live. That might take some time, but as users we're getting more apps and cool stuff to try out. People are building forums and social media websites for this thing at the moment.

So it looks like another form of tor browser? Can't visit normal sites, only open special sites with safe://websites, similar to tor's onion dark net. It will be widely used by dark net merchants, i guess.

Yes, it's a bit like TOR's darkweb. But SAFE wants to do more. They already allow you to register a domain in their DNS (Decentralized Name System). Very user friendly. They've also built a mail application which you can use on the TEST 9 Network. They also want to fix everything related to storage, so think of BitTorrent but fully encrypted (this actually works, test it on Alpha network). They also want you to store private data like on Dropbox, but also fully encrypted. Safecoin is one of the killer ideas. It's fully anonymous, extremely fast and scales to thousands of transactions a second.

So, think of it like Java that starts on your computer in the background. In this case it's the SAFE Launcher. You log in and give your credentials only once. On the network you are free to download files, browse websites, tip a writer of a nice article some Safecoin, browse a videosite and it's all P2P. You might understand why they're working for 10 years in this stuff now  Grin. But the good new is, we're getting close. They have the DNS working, SAFE Mail, private and public storage, SAFE Websites, routing, their own browser. Exciting times.   

davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 08:46:22 PM

The Omni token:safecoin==MAID that you can buy now, will be exchanged 1:1 for safecoin once those go live on the network.. likely around the start of beta.

All those domains and SAFE websites that you can see, disappear each new Alpha testnet. So, those are just people playing around and it's easy to re-upload the sites each ~6 weeks. Each round we see more sites and more content services etc. The Demo App helps new users try out basic websites and tweaking those then is really easy.

snap: zeeman Cheesy

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 12:22:19 PM

Campaign on Bnktothefuture is not successful. People have no trust in MAID? It is a pity because Alpha version is working. However, price of MAID is still high but I expected to see it in the range of Storj.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zeeman

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:41:04 PM

Campaign on Bnktothefuture is not successful. People have no trust in MAID? It is a pity because Alpha version is working. However, price of MAID is still high but I expected to see it in the range of Storj.

They said they're funded for the coming year. They're also looking at funding options next to BTTF. But it would've been great if we went to 1 million a bit faster. Maidsafe wants to grow to around 100 employees in the coming years. Other projects that use a blockchain get funded faster it seems, as the blockchain is a hype. But anyway, I'm in  Tongue and I paid with Bitcoin  Cheesy. I still hold MAID as well. My vision is that Maidsafe could become quite a big company when this tech goes big. I mean, no spam-attacks possible, no blocksize-debates needed, transactions hundreds of times faster than blockchain tech and social applications like MAIL and storage all in 1 big P2P network protected by cryptography. It took quite some time (10 years!) but they've showed me they deliver.   

Here's a video where David and Nick (Maidsafe) get interviewed by Simon Dixon (BTTF).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgM06HFIYdc

Of course I hope they succeed with this funding. They already have around 15 people working for them, but with good funding they could extend to even more.

meeekz

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:09:50 PM

How can you put the Internet in the hands of the people when infrastructure and networks are still required. Would you project that the service providers get stronger and greedier over time?

Check out the Powerledger ICO.... Disrupting the power industry
https://bounty.powerledger.io/btctalk/?hash=n81HRsvnAyG3cfl6
zeeman

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:43:37 PM

How can you put the Internet in the hands of the people when infrastructure and networks are still required. Would you project that the service providers get stronger and greedier over time?

The SAFE Network is fully encrypted from bit 1. Even if you connect to a bootstrap-server where you get other nodes to connect to. No service provider or ISP can see what you're doing online. It's even more than that: if the NSA hacks your router inside your house it's still all gibberish to them as the data get's encrypted inside your computer and the keys never leave your system. So the only thing the ISP's could do is block your internet. Well, good luck with that. People would switch to another ISP. And let's hope we'll see mesh networks in the coming years to get rid of ISP's as a whole.    
Arvydas77

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 02:00:57 PM

They said they're funded for the coming year. They're also looking at funding options next to BTTF. But it would've been great if we went to 1 million a bit faster. Maidsafe wants to grow to around 100 employees in the coming years. Other projects that use a blockchain get funded faster it seems, as the blockchain is a hype. But anyway, I'm in  Tongue and I paid with Bitcoin  Cheesy. I still hold MAID as well. My vision is that Maidsafe could become quite a big company when this tech goes big. I mean, no spam-attacks possible, no blocksize-debates needed, transactions hundreds of times faster than blockchain tech and social applications like MAIL and storage all in 1 big P2P network protected by cryptography. It took quite some time (10 years!) but they've showed me they deliver.   

Here's a video where David and Nick (Maidsafe) get interviewed by Simon Dixon (BTTF).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgM06HFIYdc

Of course I hope they succeed with this funding. They already have around 15 people working for them, but with good funding they could extend to even more.

I think that the best option is to invest in company rather than hold MAID.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Arvydas77

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 05:37:24 PM

This is why MaidSafe project really matters!

Pushing for Decentralized Web After A Yahoo Hack
http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/09/yahoo-hack-emails/

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:51:43 AM

https://safenetforum.org/t/top-8-reasons-to-invest-in-maidsafe-shares/11303

Still kinda shocked more people aren't falling over themselves to get in on this.

I guess other people don't like money or freedom as much as I do...

if you hate money and freedom then DO NOT invest in the SAFE network Wink
zeeman

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:57:54 AM

In this Episode

Today we have an in-depth visit with Nick Lambert, COO of MaidSafe, covering a lot about where MaidSafe has been, where it’s gotten to and where it’s going. With the Bank to the Future equity crowd funding pitch in play, we dig in to find out how MaidSafe, as an open source, very altruistically oriented company, is likely to be profitable enough to invest in. This is a very well rounded, very informative coverage of MaidSafe and the SAFE Network, accessible to most anyone whether they are familiar with the SAFE Network or not. Whether you’re looking to be directly involved on an equity level or not, frank questions are asked and answered, and you may get a very new view of this project.

SAFE Crossroads Podcast#34, What’s to Profit? with Nick Lambert

Enjoy!@!
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:42:07 PM

Does Maidsafe have any contingency plans in the event that they fail to raise the minimum investment amount? Assuming they have enough funds to continue development until the end of the year, what happens after that? It is obvious they still have quite a way to go in terms of development, as they wouldn't be pushing so hard to secure additional funding if they had an official release in the pipeline for the near future.
zeeman

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:15:55 PM

Does Maidsafe have any contingency plans in the event that they fail to raise the minimum investment amount? Assuming they have enough funds to continue development until the end of the year, what happens after that? It is obvious they still have quite a way to go in terms of development, as they wouldn't be pushing so hard to secure additional funding if they had an official release in the pipeline for the near future.

They still have quite some MAID from the 2014 crowdsale. They are in Alpha stage now, this is where everyone can use and try out the software with nice GUI's and installers. In the coming months they will go from Alpha to BETA. This means: Vaults complete so everybody can run from home. Safecoin built in and active, several Apps and more. I expect the MAID price to jump when they deliver what's on the roadmap. So if the MAID price doubles they might last 2 years on the amount they have. If it triples they might be able to survive even 3 years with current holdings. That doesn't mean they don't want more investors. They are talking for several weeks now about deals with other companies and what more. No idea what it is, could be hardware or something else. They also look for investors besides from BTTF. So they will deliver a BETA network without a doubt. Let's hope it becomes big and see MAID go wild. But I hope they find investors as well. That way they can hire more people.   
zeeman

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:18:21 PM

MaidSafe Dev Update 27th September 2016

Feel free to join the discussion on the forum.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: