Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579306 times)
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:30:28 PM

Kim Dotcom looks to the SAFE Network for storage of Megaupload 2.0 data.

Forum link including link to BTTF page

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:51:42 PM

Where could I store my MAIDSAFECOINS right now ? Is it safe to buy them from Poloniex and keep them there ? because I read somewhere that I could store them in my Bitcoin address ? which I can't seem to understand.
Another question , to buy SAFE domains , we will have to buy using Safecoins If I'm correct ? we are going to pay who exactly ? also Is it possible to transfer domains for Safecoins (selling/buying domains) with individuals ? If possible too , could you list everything we will be able to buy/sell using Safecoins please ? I want to see the potentials of the coins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zeeman

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:30:43 PM

Where could I store my MAIDSAFECOINS right now ? Is it safe to buy them from Poloniex and keep them there ? because I read somewhere that I could store them in my Bitcoin address ? which I can't seem to understand.
Another question , to buy SAFE domains , we will have to buy using Safecoins If I'm correct ? we are going to pay who exactly ? also Is it possible to transfer domains for Safecoins (selling/buying domains) with individuals ? If possible too , could you list everything we will be able to buy/sell using Safecoins please ? I want to see the potentials of the coins.

MAID lives on the Bitcoin blockchain right now as an alt-coin. So MAID isn't the same as Safecoin which will be released later on on the SAFE Network. MAID is a proxy so to speak, it can be exchanged later 1-on-1 to Safecoin. I store a lot of my coins on https://www.omniwallet.org The log in name and password for that account never leave your computer. Make sure to store your wallet offline as well from that website. Another option is a cold wallet. The key is: make sure you always have the private key for your bitcoinaddress where you store your MAID. Don't use multisig. 

If you buy SAFE domains or PUT (upload data) to the network you actually give up ownership of the Safecoins. It's a bit like burning, although on SAFE these coins can be Farmed again later on when a Vault does a farming attempt and the address comes out when a random address is chosen by the data_managers. Transferring domains should be possible (maybe later on) as all addresses on SAFE can be exchanged by users. This is true for Safecoin, Domains, ownership of a piece of data and more.

Safecoin > can be farmed when you deliver data to the network. Can be used to pay for storage (PUT) of private and public data on the network. Can be exchanged between people. Can be used to tip a writer of a nice blog. Can be used to buy domains. Can be used to prevent spammers by forcing other users to pay you some Safecoin when they message/mail you.  

rickgejr

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:21:59 AM

Since MaidSafe is building its own network, so to speak, and email will be a part of it, won't that open the door for any type of app?

Meaning phone calls, video conferencing etc.?

It concerns me, however, that MaidSafecoins currently live on the Bitcoin Blockchain.

If BTC hits the skids, will that necessarily eradicate MAID's?

Seems like the SafeCoins need to come online sooner, rather than later.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 11:13:19 AM

Since MaidSafe is building its own network, so to speak, and email will be a part of it, won't that open the door for any type of app?

Meaning phone calls, video conferencing etc.?

It concerns me, however, that MaidSafecoins currently live on the Bitcoin Blockchain.

If BTC hits the skids, will that necessarily eradicate MAID's?

Seems like the SafeCoins need to come online sooner, rather than later.

Yes all those app's can be made on the safe network, think also on a cheaper Twitter, Facebook, Youtube
But they are now working the Api's out that will become better and better and easier to adopt for everyone.
Also developers can run there apps just by copy from the "normal internet" one to the maidsafe network and
run them much cheaper.

That maidsafe is running on the bitcoin blockchain is no problem at all, cause the bitcoin price doesnt matter
it's just a omni token and keeps it true value, besides i think no one is concerned that bitcoin will be gone in lets say 6 months.

Safecoin will be unique anno and fast and scalable, i rather want them to take their time and sort everything perfectly we all
know how the DAO ended up.

Eventually i really see maidsafe outbeat bitcoin in the future on market cap.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 11:27:52 AM

........ besides i think no one is concerned that bitcoin will be gone in lets say 6 months.

You need a reboot, Mrboot  Roll Eyes
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 11:37:15 AM

........ besides i think no one is concerned that bitcoin will be gone in lets say 6 months.

You need a reboot, Mrboot  Roll Eyes

Thats also what people said when i said it about Ethereum, Maidsafe will be bigger then both.
Bitcoin need a lot of work if it wants to stay the top coin
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 11:49:23 AM

MAID lives on the Bitcoin blockchain right now as an alt-coin. So MAID isn't the same as Safecoin which will be released later on on the SAFE Network. MAID is a proxy so to speak, it can be exchanged later 1-on-1 to Safecoin. I store a lot of my coins on https://www.omniwallet.org The log in name and password for that account never leave your computer. Make sure to store your wallet offline as well from that website. Another option is a cold wallet. The key is: make sure you always have the private key for your bitcoinaddress where you store your MAID. Don't use multisig. 

If you buy SAFE domains or PUT (upload data) to the network you actually give up ownership of the Safecoins. It's a bit like burning, although on SAFE these coins can be Farmed again later on when a Vault does a farming attempt and the address comes out when a random address is chosen by the data_managers. Transferring domains should be possible (maybe later on) as all addresses on SAFE can be exchanged by users. This is true for Safecoin, Domains, ownership of a piece of data and more.

Safecoin > can be farmed when you deliver data to the network. Can be used to pay for storage (PUT) of private and public data on the network. Can be exchanged between people. Can be used to tip a writer of a nice blog. Can be used to buy domains. Can be used to prevent spammers by forcing other users to pay you some Safecoin when they message/mail you.  

Do you mind explaining the bold part ? private and public data means that private gives the ability to download for you only and public is downloadable by others ? (you should give some sort of a link or something) ?
As for the omniwallet , do you mind giving details as I didn't fully understand. Should I make an account there or download the Github and run it offline ? and where should I sent ? to a BTC address ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zeeman

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 11:56:35 AM

Do you mind explaining the bold part ? private and public data means that private gives the ability to download for you only and public is downloadable by others ? (you should give some sort of a link or something) ?
As for the omniwallet , do you mind giving details as I didn't fully understand. Should I make an account there or download the Github and run it offline ? and where should I sent ? to a BTC address ?

Just go to https://www.omniwallet.org and make a wallet. Very easy. You'll get a bitcoin address where you can store your MAID as well. They have an option to download a backup of your wallet.

About Private and Public data, you are correct. Private is just like dropbox. You store some files and it's there. Public is an option so you can share data (like a website) with other. Here's the link to the Alpha network. You can test it all out right now.

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-alpha-release/10687
zeeman

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:00:00 PM

For the devs out there. Maidsafe released a website full of API documentation and examples with code.

https://api.safedev.org/

Happy coding 1@!
rickgejr

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:10:47 PM

@ zeeman and Mrboot:

Great info. Thanks.

I was thinking -- as noobs often do -- about inbound/outbound traffic.

Meaning, will the current internet, let me call it "OldNet," be able to communicate with MaidSafe or what I'll call "NewNet."

Could I send an email from NewNet to my Gmail account on OldNet or vice versa?

In doing this, will OldNet be able to track me in some way? (I'm sure they could sensor incoming emails like they censor so much else.)

Or are NewNet and OldNet incompatible?

If they are incompatible, I'm sure some bright programmer will devise some type of mixing/interpretation app to send/receive from OldNet to NewNet...right?
xcurry

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:23:24 PM

Hi all, long time ago i sent Maid tokens from exchange to Electrum wallet instead of Omni. Can i get them somehow with priv key or i lost them?
zeeman

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:32:11 PM

@ zeeman and Mrboot:

Great info. Thanks.

I was thinking -- as noobs often do -- about inbound/outbound traffic.

Meaning, will the current internet, let me call it "OldNet," be able to communicate with MaidSafe or what I'll call "NewNet."

Could I send an email from NewNet to my Gmail account on OldNet or vice versa?

In doing this, will OldNet be able to track me in some way? (I'm sure they could sensor incoming emails like they censor so much else.)

Or are NewNet and OldNet incompatible?

If they are incompatible, I'm sure some bright programmer will devise some type of mixing/interpretation app to send/receive from OldNet to NewNet...right?

You could connect everything you want. TOR connects you to the normal internet but also to their darknet. You can browse the SAFE network with Chrome or Firefox at the moment. But the trackers from google and facebook could follow you from the normal internet to the Safesites. Not a good idea. So that's why the community and Maidsafe sponsored a dedicated browser to separate the normal internet and SAFE.

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-beaker-browser-update-0-2-7/11214

I think for Alpha 2 Maidsafe will get rid of the proxy function so you need the SAFE Beaker Browser to browse SAFE. That would make things way more secure. The SAFE Mail isn't compatible with Gmail and others. That would mean you still have weak points like servers.

Hi all, long time ago i sent Maid tokens from exchange to Electrum wallet instead of Omni. Can i get them somehow with priv key or i lost them?

That could be a problem. See the forum:

https://safenetforum.org/t/best-place-for-storing-maidsafe-coins/6788/29

Hope this helps.
xcurry

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:15:11 PM

Hope this helps.

So according to these posts i didnt loose them, i can import priv key to omni wallet and get them back or wait till official launch. Do i understand this properly? (my english is bad and im not sure) Thanks for your help.

"Electrum doesn't understand MAID. So you can use it to handle address generation, and to access your private key, but to view balances you must paste the address into omnichest.info or Omniwallet, and to move your MAID you'll import the private key into Omniwallet."

"NigelAug 9
Welcome to the forum! The only real way to move the maidsafe coins is ommniwallet by importing your private key. If where you are holding your coins is offline and secure (paper wallet) then you can wait till official network launch (not yet!) and trade your MAID for Safecoin 1:1 by importing your private key then."
zeeman

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:18:37 PM

Hope this helps.

So according to these posts i didnt loose them, i can import priv key to omni wallet and get them back or wait till official launch. Do i understand this properly? (my english is bad and im not sure) Thanks for your help.

"Electrum doesn't understand MAID. So you can use it to handle address generation, and to access your private key, but to view balances you must paste the address into omnichest.info or Omniwallet, and to move your MAID you'll import the private key into Omniwallet."

"NigelAug 9
Welcome to the forum! The only real way to move the maidsafe coins is ommniwallet by importing your private key. If where you are holding your coins is offline and secure (paper wallet) then you can wait till official network launch (not yet!) and trade your MAID for Safecoin 1:1 by importing your private key then."

I have no experience with Electrum. It might work if you didn't use multisig. But normally, when you have the private key of a Bitcoin address you should be able to implement it in https://www.omniwallet.org
polick

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:27:26 PM

It looks like Maid Safe might fail to raise funding. What does this mean for MAID?

Is the company struggling with money already?
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:12:38 PM

Try see if you add you btc adress if you can see the assets on it just fill in your adress.

It looks like Maid Safe might fail to raise funding. What does this mean for MAID?

Is the company struggling with money already?

Nobody knows but i think not a lot cause also many sold coins to buy equity so they might switch back.
rickgejr

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:16:49 PM

Been listening to SAFE Crossroads podcasts. Great info.

And more questions have arisen. I understand the basics of Safecoins and how they will function in their non-blockchain system. A closed loop system, where the coins, as spent in the network are destroyed (buried) and then reused -- issued to the vaults for their sharing of cloud space, so to say.

When MaidSafe goes live and I, for example, can trade my MaidSafeCoins in for Safecoins (1 to 1), but how are they purchased after that?

I know that exchanges should arise, but then aren't we back to the OldNet v. NewNet question again -- as I mentioned in my last post?

In other words, if I decide to buy some Safecoins, could I send money from my bank account to the non-profit arm of MaidSafe? Doubtful. Audits would compromise my privacy.

How could I then buy Safecoins and maintain my privacy? Use Monero?

And back to the 1 on 1 trade of MAID's for future Safecoins. How will that be accomplished in a way that will maintain user privacy?

I also understand the censorship angle -- that MaidSafe should be able to stop that -- but how will we be able to maintain a semblance of monetary privacy as we conduct business in network? Example: I order a pizza online with Safecoin. The Pizza Company will report that I used say, 20 Safecoins to buy that pizza (pie).

My country (USA) also has me report foreign bank accounts in some cases. MaidSafe is not a bank, but recent and numerous reinterpretations of cryptocurrency, might require me to report my holdings or face fines etc.

On top of all of this, once and if MaidSafe becomes popular, what is to stop governments from pressuring the public companies in control of the system to fork over information that could somehow compromise the network?

Or will the network be immutable, but then how will it be updated, without the possibility of becoming compromised?

Someone has the keys to the system and that someone is human, right? Publicly identified?

Does MaidSafe have a backup plan with anonymous devs and some kind of checks and balances system, to keep the ball rolling, if the pressure is exerted by regulatory agencies, bent on closing it down?

Just a noob trying to grasp the MaidSafe system...
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:29:10 PM

You could just trade them on Poloniex how easy can it be Cheesy

There will be some exchanges made for the safenet, think about shapeshift kinda trading, but poloniex will support the new safecoin and the swap to safecoin. So i guess you can just get them there and after send through the network to where you want.
xcurry

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:32:07 PM

Try see if you add you btc adress if you can see the assets on it just fill in your adress.

Yes, i can see balance with MAID ( 17i69zf643rNBNwWP4KU8TwMZF5axsU93S ), so i guess everything is ok.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: