Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:55:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
uacoin

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

some people think that BitMark Storage is the direct threat to MAID

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 09:20:58 PM

This is very Big scam ...Don't have  believe on this coin. Dev is too slow .I have been waiting since 2015..No use ...only god knows when this price  is going to up. I red some ware this coin price  will go up to $500.This is shit coin. At the end of this year it wont reach even $1 also.I will bet on this shit coin ..Any one has any update on this coin ?..When this price going to up ?..At what price it will reach in 2017.

Thanks,

Lol your a noob,

They are reinventing the internet and your complaining about how long they are taking.

You try to reinvent the internet.

Once Beta is out- this puppy is cruising to 3 billion dollars market cap minimum.

That is being pessamistic.

Otherwise i would say that sky is the limit.

Heck - i didn't think i would say this, but once this is out, Maidsafe will overtake Bitcoin with 3  years.

You heard it here first.

No possibility for MAID to overtake Bitcoin as they are operating on absolutely different things. MAID is designed as technological innovation to decentralize internet and Bitcoin is designed as "store of value" and probably payment system after a lot of updates.  

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ComponY

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:33:20 AM

Why is the price falling? I am  not hopeful.

Thanks,
Shiva

Maidsafe was pumped to 21k sat weeks ago, and obviously that hype is over now, people find Maid is vaporware and dump again, every promise is empty like they did in last 11 years. See the price in 7k soon.
yufu571

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:13:08 AM

Hi help needed can some one pls direct me to the mining page , thanks

at the moment there is no mining is still in testnet

It's still in testnet after 2 years ?!?!

The company is actually 11 years old since last week  Tongue.

The testnets started in 2016. We've seen 12 of them, or maybe more if you account for a & b versions. Some of them lasted only 24 hours. if you summarize it looks like this:

• In 2015 Maidsafe decided to move from C++ to Rust. They went from 500k lines of code to under 20k. Making the repo more easy to read and alter.
  • In 2016 they delivered 11 testnets when they got Crust (IP-Layer) working correctly. They also refactored Routing making things more secure
  • In 2017 they delivered TEST 12a+b so far. It's the new routing with loads of optimizations. TEST 12c could be here any day now, in which they removed bugs and got things faster.

So that's it in a nutshell. They also created their own browser (The SAFE Browser) which is based on Beaker. The "Authenticator" is almost done, and will be part of it. Next to that they're working on APIs so people can make Node.js app for SAFE and connect with other programs. Lot of stuff going on. Next steps will be the "Datachain" (already coded) and "Node ageing" which make sure that data won't ever be lost on SAFE. This includes all dynamic data like replies on website, chats, Safecoin transactions and more.

I expect them to move to Alpha 2 when TEST 12c is done and successful. In that network people can run Vaults from home to support it. On the next testnets (TEST 13?) we'll probably see the ability to take everything offline (simulate an internet blackout) and bring it back full in tact. Maidsafe calls that "Data republish". If all data is secured on the network that way they'll probably move on with Safecoin. That will be BETA is my guess.

Right now I'm looking forward to TEST 12c. Lot of optimizations in the GitHub repo over the last few weeks.   

https://github.com/maidsafe/routing/pulse

@zeeman You are doing a great work! Are you from the MAID team?
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:25:40 AM

@zeeman You are doing a great work! Are you from the MAID team?
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment.
Nope, I'm just an enthousiast for Maidsafe and SAFE. Think they're building something very special. I'm old enough to have seen the rise of Napster, KazaA and Freenet and
later of course Bitcoin and crypto's. To me it feels like Maidsafe took the best of them all and added some amazing new features like self_encryption (which allows for de-duplication and caching) and
self_authentication (which allows someone to log in to a p2p-network).

Here's a video with Maidsafe's Nick Lambert:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-at-iot-presentation-meetup-in-edinburgh/12678

Will post today's dev update later on.
mescalito

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:38:18 AM

This is very Big scam ...Don't have  believe on this coin. Dev is too slow .I have been waiting since 2015..No use ...only god knows when this price  is going to up. I red some ware this coin price  will go up to $500.This is shit coin. At the end of this year it wont reach even $1 also.I will bet on this shit coin ..Any one has any update on this coin ?..When this price going to up ?..At what price it will reach in 2017.
How do you intend to bet on it? As far as I know one can only buy and sell, no derivatives are offered anywhere.
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:33:30 PM

This is very Big scam ...Don't have  believe on this coin. Dev is too slow .I have been waiting since 2015..No use ...only god knows when this price  is going to up. I red some ware this coin price  will go up to $500.This is shit coin. At the end of this year it wont reach even $1 also.I will bet on this shit coin ..Any one has any update on this coin ?..When this price going to up ?..At what price it will reach in 2017.
How do you intend to bet on it? As far as I know one can only buy and sell, no derivatives are offered anywhere.

Don't feed the trolls... any brand new account that shows up here just to post "maidsafe is big scam" should simply be blocked by default  Smiley
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 08:46:32 PM

Why is the price falling? I am  not hopeful.

Thanks,
Shiva

So, you're foolish and we can't help you. It will pump so hard that you will sit crying although current analysis is showing that it can briefly touch levels of 0.00012 or 0.00009. It is a buy, no question.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zeeman

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:57:08 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-march-2-2017-test-12c/12691

Enjoy !@!
zeeman

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:53:32 AM

Here's a little guide for those that want to learn what "Farming" is all about. You can "Farm" a bit as well, although you won't be paid for it yet  Cheesy

The difference between Farming an Mining
Mining is used in blockchain systems, it's protecting the network by doing a lot of hash calculations on blocks to find a solution. So you get paid when are the first one to find the hash of a new block. Farming is done on a net work like SAFE. It means running a "Vault" in the network which routes Chunks of data around. It also means providing storage with your Vault for chunks in the network. When you have delivered a number of chunks from your Vault the network will create a Safecoin for you of which you become the owner. So instead of asic-mining where only a few can afford to buy equipment and make money, with Farming almost everyone can Farm coins.

Let's get started
Download a Vault for the current TEST 12c network:

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_vault/releases/tag/0.13.1

There are Vaults for Linux, Windows and Mac. Make sure to forward a port (5483) on your router or enable UPnP. Make also sure to open port:5483 on your firewall. There's no need to make an account or something, but your upload speed needs to be over 600KB/sec. for this current test. There's no need to use the terminal, it's just click and go. This is what you should get after you're accepted in a group:

The other nodes in the network will test your connection before you are accepted to a group. They'll test:

• ExternalReachability > is this Vault reachable with an open port at 5483?
  • Proof of Resource > can this Vault send us x-amount of MB's within 5 minutes?

If you succeed for both these little tests your become part of the SAFE Network as a Vault  Cool.

Understand that this is a different way of connecting to the SAFE Network than a Client. As a Client you can always connect to create an account, upload data and more. No need to run a Vault.

So give it a try if you like, I'm running a Vault myself now. For more info see this topic:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-march-2-2017-test-12c/12691

When Safecoin and Farming are implemented you'll just set a wallet-address and you'll be good to earn Safecoin by running a Vault. How cool.  
uacoin

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:23:56 AM

Did you saw BitMark Storage: https://melvincarvalho.gitbooks.io/bitmark-storage/

It may be the Killer.
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

not to say anything but that projects is for cloud OTC and MAID is the new http (internet) a little difference

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:08:01 PM

not to say anything but that projects is for cloud OTC and MAID is the new http (internet) a little difference

He doesn´t care  Cheesy  promo is promo
nicrnicr

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 08:11:54 PM

Thanks Zeeman for your explanation.
Please, can you write us approx. how much you earn when farming?
zeeman

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:33:23 AM

Thanks Zeeman for your explanation.
Please, can you write us approx. how much you earn when farming?

Every group is responsible for all chunks in the address-range of that group. Say group AC is responsible for all data from AAA to CCC (on the network it's actually 512 bit, so extremely big address-range).
I suspect that the percentage of the data of your group that you store in your Vault will be part of the calculation. It's 100% when you keep all the group's chunks alive and ready for delivering.

Another thing is "Node Ageing". The network doesn't really trust you when you just joined as a Vault. So you start with "age 1" and when some full node disconnects from the group you are moved to the next group
as well. Now you age is 2. That group will forward you to a new group when 2 full nodes disconnect. So slowly you are hopping from group to group as your age grows. In all groups you need to do work, so deliver chunks out of cache, route data. And with low age you won't earn Safecoin for it. It's probably somewhere with age 3 or 4 that you start to earn some coins. And the idea is that you make more when your Vault becomes "older". So it pays to keep you node online for several days instead of several hours.

Then there's another issue Cheesy: What if your Vault has a high age and stores all the chunks. You could be payed 1 Safecoin per TB of data. But now the price of Safecoin goes to the moon, this means thousands and thousands of new nodes will come online and Farming would go out of hand. There's a solution for that as well. It's called the Farming Reward (FR). The network will always try to keep around 30% of free space. So if thousands and thousands of Vaults come online, and we have 60% of free data instead of 30% the FR will go down like a maniac. I guess they'll make the Farming algo's very quick to respond. So if there's 5% to much storage on the network, the FR will drop with 5% immediately.

So what's Farming gonna pay you??? It's probably a calculation with Node Age, FR, percentage of the groupsdata you store etc.

I guess the calculation can be easily made when the network is live. Your Vault will tell you what the average free space is. And with that info and the price of Safecoin you can calculate what a Vault with some higher age can make on a day. The brilliant thing is that the network doesn't care about the price of Safecoin in a direct way. If Safecoin rises 23% in 24H a lot of new people will start a Vault. The network picks up there's too much storage and the FR will go down immediately. Same the other way around; when there's not enough storage in the network the FR will go up aggressively. Just to make sure there will always be Farmers around.

We will all test this with test_farming and test_Safecoin. It will make all these details clear. Here's a reply by David Irvine

https://forum.safedev.org/t/rfc-45-node-ageing/157/7

no1dead

Activity: 301

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:27:32 AM

Did you saw BitMark Storage: https://melvincarvalho.gitbooks.io/bitmark-storage/

It may be the Killer.

Maidsafe has many killer apps, their concepts and ideas are the most innovative ones, but the implementations on the software is extremely difficult. You know decentralized network is like an utopian dream, they have already spent 12 years on it. Still in Alpha release. I have to wait more patiently.
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:36:40 AM

1D oversold.. it could be a huge long entry now.. for short term for sure.. but maybe for the next big bubble.. Wink

Mr.Charlie

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:25:22 AM

dad, we there yet? Huh
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:27:50 AM

MAID is going to 8000 again, we reached that part of the year when DEVS will sell another 5million coins like last year to fund the team and development

BYE BYE MAID Undecided Cry Cry Undecided
no1dead

Activity: 301

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:47:45 AM

MAID is going to 8000 again, we reached that part of the year when DEVS will sell another 5million coins like last year to fund the team and development

BYE BYE MAID Undecided Cry Cry Undecided

According to previous pump and dump graph, Maid went up to 20k sat, 15k sat for many times, and every time it dumped to 7-8k sat. You are right, I am confident the price will go down to 8k again.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: