Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
HansW

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:05:28 PM

Looks good but why price is so high? This is still very early stage.

So you think this is high? Check the price in a few weeks  Tongue.
Technical Analysis shows bullish signals.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

The price is still very low my friend
spacezx

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:35:02 PM

The SAFE Network, which bills itself as "the new decentralized internet" (heh), actually promises much of what Richard's idea does, except instead of using the unused computing power from connected smartphones, it does so from PCs.

The SAFE Network's only in alpha testing right now, but it's inching closer towards a public release. And while it's only for Windows/Mac/Linux, the company has plans for mobile in the future. Speaking to TechCrunch last year, Maidsafe founder David Irvine said the vault, which is a core feature, "wouldn't be good enough for people to just run from a mobile phone." Additionally, tapping into a phone's unused processing power would be a major battery suck; it'd need to be plugged into an outlet or connected to a battery pack most of the time to be useful.

Experts predict over 1B market cap before final release of the project.
mescalito

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:02:55 PM

The price is still very low my friend
I agree, few months ago some Indian was complaining about MAID not growing, at the time NEM was slightly below. Now even stupid Augur is worth more despite SAFE's huge potential.
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:56:30 PM

Whats to stop me from renting a server on say AWS and just offering up that space for resources once farming becomes available?

Clearly I am a nub, this may or may not have already been answered, I'm assuming It has buttttttt I figured I would ask anyway.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:16:32 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-march-9-2017/12774

Our current thinking is that once we have confirmed the stability of the soon to be launched Test 15 (some may have expected 12d), this will become Alpha 2. The Alpha 2 network will supersede all existing networks.

So nearly 2 months later, any guesses on when Alpha 2 will be?
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:31:12 AM

Our current thinking is that once we have confirmed the stability of the soon to be launched Test 15 (some may have expected 12d), this will become Alpha 2. The Alpha 2 network will supersede all existing networks.

Alpha was about running Vaults from home. We tested it and it worked fine in TEST 16. So actually TEST 16 wasn't any different from what Alpha 2 was supposed to be. Some attacker abused the fact that several features like Safecoin aren't implemented yet, so the network was attacked which caused trouble and data loss:

https://forum.safedev.org/t/spam-prevention/583

Instead of fixing these issues and release Alpha 2 after all the devs decided to currently remove the idea of Vaults from home. This is because external devs are waiting for a long time now to start building Apps. So MaidSafe decided to make Alpha 2 about Mutable Data and APIs for external devs to build Apps:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-april-13-2017/13288

So half the team is working on implementing Disjoint Groups and updates and Datachains (which prevent spam attacks) while the other half is working on providing APIs with Mutable Data. This will bring the first coin implementations (not safecoin yet) to the network, next to chats, forums, mail and loads more for external devs to build.

And before the "new" Alpha 2 we'll see another testnet in which everyone can test the features. I don't think it will be released tonight but who knows. I see a lot of updates on their github but they want to test for themselves as well.

So it's taking quite some time, the old "Alpha 2" was about to be released, but an attacker couldn't resist to slow down the development process. That's ok though, the new Alpha 2 will be way more cooler as it's providing tools to really start the ecosystem.

New update tonight, will share it here.  

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

Alpha was about running Vaults from home. We tested it and it worked fine in TEST 16. So actually TEST 16 wasn't any different from what Alpha 2 was supposed to be. Some attacker abused the fact that several features like Safecoin aren't implemented yet, so the network was attacked which caused trouble and data loss:

https://forum.safedev.org/t/spam-prevention/583

Instead of fixing these issues and release Alpha 2 after all the devs decided to currently remove the idea of Vaults from home. This is because external devs are waiting for a long time now to start building Apps. So MaidSafe decided to make Alpha 2 about Mutable Data and APIs for external devs to build Apps:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-april-13-2017/13288

So half the team is working on implementing Disjoint Groups and updates and Datachains (which prevent spam attacks) while the other half is working on providing APIs with Mutable Data. This will bring the first coin implementations (not safecoin yet) to the network, next to chats, forums, mail and loads more for external devs to build.

And before the "new" Alpha 2 we'll see another testnet in which everyone can test the features. I don't think it will be released tonight but who knows. I see a lot of updates on their github but they want to test for themselves as well.

So it's taking quite some time, the old "Alpha 2" was about to be released, but an attacker couldn't resist to slow down the development process. That's ok though, the new Alpha 2 will be way more cooler as it's providing tools to really start the ecosystem.

New update tonight, will share it here.  

Thanks. I had looked at some of the dev updates but wasn't clear to me, however I think I was pretty much able to follow your reply...

So hopefully by next week we'll see the last testnet & if that goes ok they will release it as 'Alpha 2' so 2-3 weeks till Alpha 2 ideally.
zeeman

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:19:57 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-may-4-2017/13527

Great update, devs can now run local network with the SAFE Browser and Authenticator against mock routing. This means they can start to build Apps while MaidSafe keeps working on
other layers.

TronQuix

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:58:12 PM

Great update, devs can now run local network with the SAFE Browser and Authenticator against mock routing. This means they can start to build Apps while MaidSafe keeps working on
other layers.

So does this mean we can now "get in" so to speak, or if we missed the first run we still have to wait till Alpha 2? Or am I totally lost?
zeeman

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:21:59 AM

other layers.

So does this mean we can now "get in" so to speak, or if we missed the first run we still have to wait till Alpha 2? Or am I totally lost?

There used to be a Launcher with Demo_app and and a bunch of proxy-settings to connect to Alpha 1. Same for the testnets.

MaidSafe is moving away from all these different Apps, the idea is to just provide the SAFE Browser which connects you to the network. Web_apps in that browser allow you to create an account etc.

We are now at a level where external devs can build Apps that run in this browser with a local mock_network. So they can test the APIs and build applications to test locally.

The moment MaidSafe releases Alpha 2 it will be all over their twitter, website and forum. That's the moment they say: Here's our official release, it connects you to our SAFE Network. But we are not there yet, external devs are now asked to test out the SAFE Browser with their own apps and see where they get stuck.

So in the coming weeks somewhere they will officially release Alpha 2. It will be the second official release as we've already seen Alpha 1.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Mitchow

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:54:43 AM

So Maidsafe can hit USD 1 after launch of Alpha 2
Laje

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

So Maidsafe can hit USD 1 after launch of Alpha 2

I think it's a good project to invest, preferably on mid/long term.
They are active and inform to people about the project in their blog every month. I think it's serious and a good value to gain credibility.
For now, it's not a tomb project and its value is rising despite typically market drops.
Maybe, Maidsafe team need to captivate internet media, a lot of people only know projects only for their popularity.

Maidsafe has my support, and I'm totally agree that with Alpha 2 its value will increases.
zeeman

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:14:31 PM

https://blog.maidsafe.net/2017/05/04/safe-network-development-summary-may-2017/

Enjoy!@!
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

When do you believe the dev of Decorum project (seneca) can start using the Data mutable API.
Thanks,
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:55:37 PM

the alpha 2 it will ready this month , what do you think? thanks
TronQuix

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:59:48 AM

other layers.

There used to be a Launcher with Demo_app and and a bunch of proxy-settings to connect to Alpha 1. Same for the testnets.

MaidSafe is moving away from all these different Apps, the idea is to just provide the SAFE Browser which connects you to the network. Web_apps in that browser allow you to create an account etc.

We are now at a level where external devs can build Apps that run in this browser with a local mock_network. So they can test the APIs and build applications to test locally.

The moment MaidSafe releases Alpha 2 it will be all over their twitter, website and forum. That's the moment they say: Here's our official release, it connects you to our SAFE Network. But we are not there yet, external devs are now asked to test out the SAFE Browser with their own apps and see where they get stuck.

So in the coming weeks somewhere they will officially release Alpha 2. It will be the second official release as we've already seen Alpha 1.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Yes it does thank you!!! And if I am correct, Alpha 2, is when this "mining" happens right? Or the ability to start to participate in that, I thought that I read something someone that the mining portion may not actually pay out until later in the game? I guess the crux of my questions... how can I get in monetarily? Is the primary way through an exchange at this point?

I've been thinking a lot about this coin. How is this different from the Tor Network? I guess the simple answer is that it uses a some sort of a ledger. Secondly, let's say that this does take off, and becomes something that is widely accepted in the same way that our current internet is... what is to stop me from renting space from a large server and offering up my server to the MaidSafe Network. Over time, with commercialization  and the need for more and more space my projection would be that everything would move towards large servers, which seems to kinda defeat the purpose of the proposed network.
zeeman

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:21:38 AM

Yes it does thank you!!! And if I am correct, Alpha 2, is when this "mining" happens right? Or the ability to start to participate in that, I thought that I read something someone that the mining portion may not actually pay out until later in the game? I guess the crux of my questions... how can I get in monetarily? Is the primary way through an exchange at this point?

I've been thinking a lot about this coin. How is this different from the Tor Network? I guess the simple answer is that it uses a some sort of a ledger. Secondly, let's say that this does take off, and becomes something that is widely accepted in the same way that our current internet is... what is to stop me from renting space from a large server and offering up my server to the MaidSafe Network. Over time, with commercialization  and the need for more and more space my projection would be that everything would move towards large servers, which seems to kinda defeat the purpose of the proposed network.

No, "mining" is called "farming" and isn't active yet. It means people earning money when they run Vaults from home. We have ran Vaults from home but Farming and Safecoin aren't implemented yet.

TOR connects you to the "normal internet" and is easy to use with 1 browser.

SAFE will only connect you to the SAFE Network and Alpha 2 will bring us a simple browser as well.

Big difference between the 2 is the storage and domain aspect. SAFE allows you to create a simple safe://website where you don't need to run a server. It does allow for dynamic websites though. So someone could create safe://chatwebsite  where you could surf and chat on the fully encrypted SAFE Network. Nobody knows who you are, no one knows your IP and when someone sends you a link to mycatvideo.mp4 and you click and download this 87 mb. file nobody will even know it. It's full privacy, security and freedom. That's also the reason why there's no link to the "normal" internet. Trackers, cookies and scripts could otherwise load on a normal website and expose you on the SAFE Network. MaidSafe separates their own network from the rest to keep things secure. The good news is you don't even need a torrent website. See a file you want?? Just right click and use "save as" to download the file in the most secure way you can imagine.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:52:43 PM

If alpha 2 will be ready this month, maidsafe can break its all time high for sure. Easy breezy. Good time to buy maidsafe. Smiley. Road to 1$ stage.
TronQuix

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:39:47 PM

No, "mining" is called "farming" and isn't active yet. It means people earning money when they run Vaults from home. We have ran Vaults from home but Farming and Safecoin aren't implemented yet.

TOR connects you to the "normal internet" and is easy to use with 1 browser.

SAFE will only connect you to the SAFE Network and Alpha 2 will bring us a simple browser as well.

Big difference between the 2 is the storage and domain aspect. SAFE allows you to create a simple safe://website where you don't need to run a server. It does allow for dynamic websites though. So someone could create safe://chatwebsite  where you could surf and chat on the fully encrypted SAFE Network. Nobody knows who you are, no one knows your IP and when someone sends you a link to mycatvideo.mp4 and you click and download this 87 mb. file nobody will even know it. It's full privacy, security and freedom. That's also the reason why there's no link to the "normal" internet. Trackers, cookies and scripts could otherwise load on a normal website and expose you on the SAFE Network. MaidSafe separates their own network from the rest to keep things secure. The good news is you don't even need a torrent website. See a file you want?? Just right click and use "save as" to download the file in the most secure way you can imagine.

- Thank you for the correction on the mining piece, that is what I was referring to. You can purchase Safecoin correct?

- I should have clarified on the tor piece, I guess I meant the onion network that exists on tor. However it is interesting knowing that you can't access the standard internet.

- I guess also clarification on the last piece, if I am awarded monetarily for offering space, and if this project continues to expand, theoretically space will come at a premium. I guess what I'm postulating is a time when/if MaidSafe becomes an internet as powerful as the current internet. I would presume it would be hard to sustain something that large on an intranet of vaults, thus requiring the need to move to servers. Which would counter the aspect decentralization? Now maybe that wouldn't matter, but just curious.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: