Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:32:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579304 times)
Branko

Activity: 2408
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:00:31 PM

Many new coins incoming into MAID space

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 03:54:24 AM

I am actually quite amazed that Maidsafe is still ranked among the top 200 altcoins.  Every weekly update is bad news and causes the coin to fall in price until some speculators pump it back up for a period.
I am also amazed about the tenacity of the devs.  All IT geeks assure me that the Maid project is not feasible, and here you still get some people to work on a project that may never see the day of light.  Do they really believe in it?  Or are they just happy to get a job?

I recently had dinner with one of the world's top Rust developers.  He had nothing positive to say about MaidSafe, implied the rest of the Rust community is embarrassed to have Maid using their platform, and confirmed our suspicion that Maid devs know their project is not feasible but are happy to get a job.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:25:34 AM

I am actually quite amazed that Maidsafe is still ranked among the top 200 altcoins.  Every weekly update is bad news and causes the coin to fall in price until some speculators pump it back up for a period.
I am also amazed about the tenacity of the devs.  All IT geeks assure me that the Maid project is not feasible, and here you still get some people to work on a project that may never see the day of light.  Do they really believe in it?  Or are they just happy to get a job?

I recently had dinner with one of the world's top Rust developers.  He had nothing positive to say about MaidSafe, implied the rest of the Rust community is embarrassed to have Maid using their platform, and confirmed our suspicion that Maid devs know their project is not feasible but are happy to get a job.

Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Undecided Undecided

You are bashing MaidSafe for years now. I see you here all the time. And I really wonder what reason you have to come back and put energy in this topic. It's like claiming that you don't like Mc Donalds and show up every few days to get a happy meal. It doesn't make sense, looks a bit like a mental disease. And your claims here are so far off that it's funny. MaidSafe was invited to several Rust Meetups to present their project. Here's proof (https://youtu.be/6-Tgo10t_jA). And here's even more: (https://youtu.be/4qEuWJPVeFs). Nikita Baksalyar is a MaidSafe engineer and gave a presentation that's posted on the official Rust channel 3 weeks ago. 

Like I said, it's just funny how you put energy into a topic like this making one false claim after the other. I guess you got burned quite hard by shorting Maidsafecoin the other day and you're still angry about it. Well, sorry but i can't help you with that.

Here's the latest dev update:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-march-1-2018/21969

Enjoy!@!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:56:18 AM

Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Undecided Undecided

You are bashing MaidSafe for years now. I see you here all the time. And I really wonder what reason you have to come back and put energy in this topic. It's like claiming that you don't like Mc Donalds and show up every few days to get a happy meal. It doesn't make sense, looks a bit like a mental disease. And your claims here are so far off that it's funny. MaidSafe was invited to several Rust Meetups to present their project. Here's proof (https://youtu.be/6-Tgo10t_jA). And here's even more: (https://youtu.be/4qEuWJPVeFs). Nikita Baksalyar is a MaidSafe engineer and gave a presentation that's posted on the official Rust channel 3 weeks ago. 

Like I said, it's just funny how you put energy into a topic like this making one false claim after the other. I guess you got burned quite hard by shorting Maidsafecoin the other day and you're still angry about it. Well, sorry but i can't help you with that.

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-march-1-2018/21969

Enjoy!@!

I did lose a few BTC shorting Maid a couple years ago, but I'm not "still angry" about it.  That's just part of the game; no risk, no reward.  I'd be as immature as your post if I persisted in being butthurt about that. Smiley

You should not call me a liar just to deflect from my reporting of a first hand, real world experience simply because you find it offensive and unpleasant.

For context, my dinner with the top-tier Rust developer/researcher was completely coincidental and occurred purely by chance.  He had no idea who I am and was (likewise) surprised I even knew the "very obscure" (his words) Maid project existed.

I approached the subject of Maid tactfully in case he was a supporter, but it turned out that we two dissimilar experts evaluating Maid from completely different backgrounds and areas of expertise still shared the common ground of concluding Maid is an embarrassment to much of the Rust community, Maid is not feasible, and Maid devs (should) probably know that but are happy to get a job.

When I told him Maid was pivoting to Dash-like marketing emphasizing hype over technology, he laughed and said he wasn't surprised.  We then went on to have a fascinating discussion about functional languages, because unlike you I very much appreciate being in the company of domain experts and seek to glean every bit of new information possible from them (rather than fling poo at them because they dispute my cherished assumptions).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:11:58 AM

80$ for Maidsafe withdrawal from Hitbtc exchange.

Branko

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:34:36 PM

Incredible...why people keep coins on that exchange at all if withdrawal fees
are so big? Or is it maidsaefcoin alone with such big fee?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:35:00 PM

Thanks for coming here to bump your post count. Obviously you are not familiar with Maidsafe and you only entered the thread because it got bumped up.

ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

Partnership with Identillect (March 06)
https://coindar.org/en/event/maidsafecoin-maid-partnership-with-identillect-5473
Branko

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:47:42 PM

Thanks for coming here to bump your post count. Obviously you are not familiar with Maidsafe and you only entered the thread because it got bumped up.

Thank you for trolling here (or maybe you just trying to bump your post count?). I posted that because Poloniex fee is 10 maid.
Obviously you're not familiar with Poloniex
sokol2504

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:23:02 AM

Strange words about the impossibility of the project. he has a working version, is not he? For example, the Safinus project is currently developing a finished product. Here, too, so?
Branko

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:01:12 PM

Strange words about the impossibility of the project. he has a working version, is not he? For example, the Safinus project is currently developing a finished product. Here, too, so?

English, please
zeeman

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:50:47 PM

Here are some of the main things to highlight this week:

- Big news this week with the announcement of our partnership with Identillect Technologies Corp. Read more about the collaboration on the Forum2, Medium13 and our blog4.
- The Indian office is running a hackathon on the 15th of March 2018 to attract graduate developers from one of Chennai’s top colleges. We’ve launched a website18 to promote the event being held at Venkateshwara College.
- Saturday, March 10th sees the second meetup of the Kuala Lumpur group2. @dugcampbell will be calling into the meeting via Skype and we’re looking forward to an interesting chat with the community.
- The front-end team recently published a new version of safe-node-app (v0.8.0) which upgrades the native safe_app lib to the latest available version (v0.6.0).
- The SAFE Client Lib team is getting back to Java bindings and working together with the front-end team to fix some of the issues that they have discovered.
- The Routing team is currently focused on implementing a push-pull gossip protocol and carrying out evaluation work on that.
- A few members of the Routing team have also been working in the background on improving the asynchronicity of our consensus ordering algorithm for data chains.

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-march-8-2018/22125

Enjoy!@!
gerymakgyaer

Activity: 422
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:00:39 PM

MAIDSAFE NEW TEAM MEMBER: STEPHEN COYLE
https://medium.com/safenetwork/maidsafe-new-team-member-stephen-coyle-f912871d88c0

Here’s a quick intro to me and my background, which will hopefully let you know a bit more about who I am and what I hope to add to the company.

Born and brought up in 1980’s Glasgow during the glory days when Scotland actually qualified for football tournaments (the definition of ultimate glory in Scotland these days), and our teams at least put up a fight in European competition, I graduated with Honours from my Glasgow Caledonian University Computing course. IT jobs in Glasgow were pretty difficult to come by with zero experience, so I moved to just outside London for 3 years where I worked for IBM doing some general tech support, and some Lotus Notes/Domino development and support. The lure of home eventually brought me back to Glasgow where I took a tech support role with Ernst & Young. After moving to a similar role at the University of Glasgow, I found out after I started that testing web apps was a big part of my new job…things would never be the same again!

Software testing went from being an ‘extra’ task in my day to day role, to what I felt most passionate about. I sat my ISTQB test (more about that later) and thought I knew it all…

Time progressed and I moved company. Suddenly I was faced with testing windows apps, mobile apps and web apps. I worked with my colleagues to figure out the best way to test that suited us — this is when I realised that the ISTQB taught way of working is actually pretty worthless in the real world of software testing. ISTQB barely mentioned Agile or exploratory testing. It taught me to create mountains of paperwork for each project, paperwork that would inevitably be ‘copy & pasted’ between each project and so was pretty much worthless. Did I really need to write out manual test steps in huge test scripts which walked someone else through every click & key type? I realised that the time I was wasting following the ISTQB practices could be spent doing something more productive…TESTING!

So onwards & upwards! I built and managed a team across 2 UK sites and was the face of testing to our customers and auditors. We tested various different products concurrently and I even went back to my old university to give a lecture on testing. I must know it all now, right?

Being in management meant that my time actually testing got less and less. I missed the day to day involvement on the frontline, so a few years later I joined FanDuel. I was now tasked with writing automated UI tests (in Python, using Selenuim WebDriver), testing the API (using Postman) and testing core layer Java code (using existing/newly written Python scripts and JSON-RPC requests). I was now also working with microservices and a thorough suite of automated integration tests through the Java — API — Web layers. All a huge difference from where I’d come from. I loved the challenges in learning these new skills and eventually training new starters in them. I caught the bug of learning new things and expanding my testing knowledge — clearly I’m never actually going to know it all, so what other exciting things are out there for me to discover?

I’m pretty active in Glasgow testing meetups — attending, mentoring and hosting. My goal is to talk at a testing conference at some point, I love the buzz and interaction at conferences, it really energises me and fuels my love of my discipline, a discipline that seems to be overlooked a lot. It’s very rare to meet someone who goes to university to become a software tester, we all seem to fall into the role.

Oh yeah, the important stuff — I’m married to my beautiful wife, Shabana, and we have 3 gorgeous girls, Aisha, Nadia and Sofia, aged 5 years, 3 years and 5 months :-D

Anyway, enough about me. I’m really excited to join the team at MaidSafe and can’t wait to get to know you all! Let’s make a difference.
Branko

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:04:22 PM

MAIDSAFE NEW TEAM MEMBER: STEPHEN COYLE
https://medium.com/safenetwork/maidsafe-new-team-member-stephen-coyle-f912871d88c0

Here’s a quick intro to me and my background, which will hopefully let you know a bit more about who I am and what I hope to add to the company.

Born and brought up in 1980’s Glasgow during the glory days when Scotland actually qualified for football tournaments (the definition of ultimate glory in Scotland these days), and our teams at least put up a fight in European competition, I graduated with Honours from my Glasgow Caledonian University Computing course. IT jobs in Glasgow were pretty difficult to come by with zero experience, so I moved to just outside London for 3 years where I worked for IBM doing some general tech support, and some Lotus Notes/Domino development and support. The lure of home eventually brought me back to Glasgow where I took a tech support role with Ernst & Young. After moving to a similar role at the University of Glasgow, I found out after I started that testing web apps was a big part of my new job…things would never be the same again!

Software testing went from being an ‘extra’ task in my day to day role, to what I felt most passionate about. I sat my ISTQB test (more about that later) and thought I knew it all…

Time progressed and I moved company. Suddenly I was faced with testing windows apps, mobile apps and web apps. I worked with my colleagues to figure out the best way to test that suited us — this is when I realised that the ISTQB taught way of working is actually pretty worthless in the real world of software testing. ISTQB barely mentioned Agile or exploratory testing. It taught me to create mountains of paperwork for each project, paperwork that would inevitably be ‘copy & pasted’ between each project and so was pretty much worthless. Did I really need to write out manual test steps in huge test scripts which walked someone else through every click & key type? I realised that the time I was wasting following the ISTQB practices could be spent doing something more productive…TESTING!

So onwards & upwards! I built and managed a team across 2 UK sites and was the face of testing to our customers and auditors. We tested various different products concurrently and I even went back to my old university to give a lecture on testing. I must know it all now, right?

Being in management meant that my time actually testing got less and less. I missed the day to day involvement on the frontline, so a few years later I joined FanDuel. I was now tasked with writing automated UI tests (in Python, using Selenuim WebDriver), testing the API (using Postman) and testing core layer Java code (using existing/newly written Python scripts and JSON-RPC requests). I was now also working with microservices and a thorough suite of automated integration tests through the Java — API — Web layers. All a huge difference from where I’d come from. I loved the challenges in learning these new skills and eventually training new starters in them. I caught the bug of learning new things and expanding my testing knowledge — clearly I’m never actually going to know it all, so what other exciting things are out there for me to discover?

I’m pretty active in Glasgow testing meetups — attending, mentoring and hosting. My goal is to talk at a testing conference at some point, I love the buzz and interaction at conferences, it really energises me and fuels my love of my discipline, a discipline that seems to be overlooked a lot. It’s very rare to meet someone who goes to university to become a software tester, we all seem to fall into the role.

Oh yeah, the important stuff — I’m married to my beautiful wife, Shabana, and we have 3 gorgeous girls, Aisha, Nadia and Sofia, aged 5 years, 3 years and 5 months :-D

Anyway, enough about me. I’m really excited to join the team at MaidSafe and can’t wait to get to know you all! Let’s make a difference.

GZ oj joining the team, but why are you promoting another coin in your sig, what would Archie Gemmill say? Cheesy
aditya1155

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:24:48 PM

good news
wolfofbittrex

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:53:43 PM

MAID has been listed on CoinGenome https://coingenome.com/coin/maid where I get my updates.

Excited to be following this project. I've joined the Telegram but I'm looking for more updates? Any other channels?
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:22:37 AM

The community of safe mostly talks here: https://safenetforum.org/  Smiley this is where I follow safe anyway
danielhodous

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:30:28 PM

Was MAID delisted from Bittrex?
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:57:20 PM

Was MAID delisted from Bittrex?

yes, on March 9th, 2018
zeeman

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:01:21 PM

Another on joining the dev team:

https://medium.com/safenetwork/maidsafe-new-team-member-pierre-chevalier-b975dcb19044

MaidSafe is hiring one after the other now. Expanding in India as well.

Here's another one:

https://medium.com/safenetwork/maidsafe-new-member-lionel-faber-d17e378a2292

Enjoy!@!

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: