Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:33:10 PM

Looks like people are starting to take notice, price has almost doubled. I can only imagine where it will be once we get to the next stage of testing the system. Exciting stuff!
I wouldn't read too much into such a short pump. There are plenty of reasons why crptos shoot up in price and then fall back to close to their previous levels. If the price went up for no reason in the last 2 days, it can drop back for no reason in the next 2 days. But yes, definitely exciting stuff overall.

I also wouldn't recommend selling and waiting for it to fall in order to buy back in at a cheaper price.  The thought occurred to me but I think it might be too much of a risk. 

That said, I have no idea how to interpret the recent price increase.  It's kind of fun to wake up and see it though...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:08:11 PM

Looks like people are starting to take notice, price has almost doubled. I can only imagine where it will be once we get to the next stage of testing the system. Exciting stuff!
I wouldn't read too much into such a short pump. There are plenty of reasons why crptos shoot up in price and then fall back to close to their previous levels. If the price went up for no reason in the last 2 days, it can drop back for no reason in the next 2 days. But yes, definitely exciting stuff overall.

I also wouldn't recommend selling and waiting for it to fall in order to buy back in at a cheaper price.  The thought occurred to me but I think it might be too much of a risk. 

That said, I have no idea how to interpret the recent price increase.  It's kind of fun to wake up and see it though...
True. The price is hard to predict either way. My point is, just because the price rose the last two days, doesn't mean it will keep rising when you release the next feature. It might. It might not. We've seen this movie play out before for a lot of different coins.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:56:22 PM

My interpretation is that people are starting to see progress being made and now we know the whole operation is pretty serious. Maybe people were hesitant to invest earlier due to many uncertainties, but now it is looking more and more likely that the maidsafe project will be a big deal and not just empty promises.

True. The price is hard to predict either way. My point is, just because the price rose the last two days, doesn't mean it will keep rising when you release the next feature. It might. It might not. We've seen this movie play out before for a lot of different coins.
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

Absolutely...I didn't intend to take away from your post; merely addendum it...-thumbsup-

We have seen this movie play out for sure but I think that this is mildly unique in that Testnet 2 is a bit behind schedule (I am not complaining about that; I think the Maid team should take as long as they need since this is a real world use project that will hold value in its use beyond the speculative nature of Safecoin) so we're not seeing a "Buy on Rumor, Sell on Delivery" scenario which is kind of different.

I would like to think that there will continue to be steady price increase until and even a bit beyond actual release.  If not, no sweat.  I'm an IPO buyer and have been holding since ten minutes after the opening of the crowd sale...it's just fun to see heightened interest and discussion on the topic here and the maid forum...

Edit - traderman - I think that might be one of the more rational and logical interpretations of the recent market activity...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:48:53 AM

I think there is a reason for this rise. It's been creeping up slowly for over the last 2 months. I've been watching the price closely and it appears that a large investor(s) is trying to accumulate a large amount of maidsafe without making the price rise too much.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:43:22 AM

Is anyone else concerned that MaidSafe doesn't use a blockchain or any kind of a ledger?  Bitcoin's ledger is obviously central to its existence and I wonder if MaidSafe can be as secure without one.
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:26:33 PM

Is anyone else concerned that MaidSafe doesn't use a blockchain or any kind of a ledger?  Bitcoin's ledger is obviously central to its existence and I wonder if MaidSafe can be as secure without one.

From my understanding, the network will keep track of the previous and current owner instead of all the transaction history.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:32:25 PM

But there's no way to audit the number of coins in existence.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:59:06 AM

Think there were wallets to do that although I forget since its been a while
The main challenge is trying to use the mastercoin client to move coins around

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:32:02 AM

must use omniwallet

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:24:32 PM

must use omniwallet

Decided to give it a shot myself and am using it now price going up in maidsafe and all.
Was about to use Mastercore but a lot of people said omni was easier when I read around

Based on my personal experience of it

It's not bad just takes time to load up QT/Core put in private key in omni select mastercoin or maidsafe
Watch transaction get processed in QT/Core to deposit address and then wait for X confirmations on the network plus all the checking.
Still going through it here but it looks like it will be a few hours yet till it finishes all the confirmations of moving them around.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:46:13 PM

MaidSafe on the Keiser Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9MHr0zkIyk
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 05:16:00 PM

this is a good link also

http://maidsafe.net/roadmap
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:27:48 PM

What´s the difference between Maidsafe and safecoin?

And where is the community? There is a Slack group or not?
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

Maidsafecoin is a token created through the Mastercoin protocol and is meant as a placeholder for Safecoin...meaning that Maidsafecoin = pre-Safe Network launch while Safecoin = post- Safe Network launch.  Maidsafe will be exchanged with Safecoin on a 1:1 basis at the launch.

The community can be found on maidsafe.org...there is no need for Maidsafe to maintain a Slack channel.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:05:17 AM

Maidsafecoin is a token created through the Mastercoin protocol and is meant as a placeholder for Safecoin...meaning that Maidsafecoin = pre-Safe Network launch while Safecoin = post- Safe Network launch.  Maidsafe will be exchanged with Safecoin on a 1:1 basis at the launch.

The community can be found on maidsafe.org...there is no need for Maidsafe to maintain a Slack channel.

Ah okay thanks
When Safecoin is plan to launch?
I have buy some Maidsafe at Poloniex, there is a wallet ?
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:12:07 AM

Ah okay thanks

A few posts above this, someone placed a link to the roadmap.  Currently, development is in Testnet 2 with Testnet 3 and Beta launch to go.  There is no time frame but a reasonable guesstimate is somewhere in Q1 2015.  There isn't another project that is reasonably on course to supplant Maidsafe, in my opinion, so the time frame is kind of less of a concern to me then the dev team rocking together some stout technology for real world use...

Maidsafe can be purchased at Poloniex but there is no wallet other than the Omniwallet.  You can send your Maid to that wallet and then transfer them to a BTC QT for safe keeping until the Safecoin transfer occurs.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:25:18 AM

Ah okay thanks

A few posts above this, someone placed a link to the roadmap.  Currently, development is in Testnet 2 with Testnet 3 and Beta launch to go.  There is no time frame but a reasonable guesstimate is somewhere in Q1 2015.  There isn't another project that is reasonably on course to supplant Maidsafe, in my opinion, so the time frame is kind of less of a concern to me then the dev team rocking together some stout technology for real world use...

Maidsafe can be purchased at Poloniex but there is no wallet other than the Omniwallet.  You can send your Maid to that wallet and then transfer them to a BTC QT for safe keeping until the Safecoin transfer occurs.

Thank u
I'm lazy, i think Polo is ok for 2-3 months before the Safecoin wallet
I going to read the Maidsafe forum now
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:39:01 AM

Ah okay thanks

Thank u

actually you can send the coin to any btc address that you have the privkey for

MemoryShock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Ah okay thanks

Thank u

Oy...if you plan on that route then make sure that you have 2FA enabled.  I think trusting exchanges is not generally a good idea but it is necessary for liquidity.  Just make sure that you have all of the security features enabled...-thumbsup-

Happy reading!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: