Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum questions. Can Bitcoin do these things too, with implemenation?  (Read 2020 times)
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:22:39 PM

They already raise well over 850k (or 1900 BTC) worth of coin based on the price.

It is a hype and pump and dump like any other coin out there.

Seems silly to have all these presentations, meetings, plannings, whitepapers, code, etc for being a simple pump and dump doesn't it? But then again, when you're talking about millions of dollars people are willing to do a lot...

It's worked for the devs and they are rubbing their hands together we'll be having a few sob stories in the near future about people investing a lot in this coin and losing it all prepare yourself!

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:58:13 PM

I heard Eth is super smart. Lots and lots of things BTC cannot do apparently. I don't understand a single thing about them and those "contracts" but the devs went around, talked around, know their shit... today I found out ETH launched...

And I can buy it.

Now.

Are you kidding dude? I don't buy this for a second.
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:36:55 AM

You need to be skeptical on any products that come from academy type. They are usually good at theoretical model which have no practical use in the real world.

How usable is Ethereum compare to bitcoin and NTX? Can they deliver what they promise?

georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:06:03 AM

This might give some people an idea of what's being done with the test client \ code.  Worth checking out github commits before calling it a scam.

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1009/the-people-s-republic-of-doug-ethereum-based-decentralized-organization

zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:32:12 AM

You need to be skeptical on any products that come from academy type. They are usually good at theoretical model which have no practical use in the real world.

How usable is Ethereum compare to bitcoin and NTX? Can they deliver what they promise?

What do you mean the academic type? They may not have PhD's in computer science but all the developers are very intelligent and have some experience in this field. It's a very real project.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:19:14 AM

Gavin Anderson thinks about Ethereum "Bitcoin already provides a global currency and distributed ledger-- there is no need to re-invent those wheels. Combining real-world information with Bitcoin is where things start to get really interesting."

this is where it gets really exciting

..."Combining real-world information with Bitcoin is where things start to get really interesting"..

all those things you love in an altcoin, digital currency, online payment funds, credit card, transactions, stocks, shares, voting etc etc etc

bitcoin will eventually do

developers from around the world are already providing applications on top of the blockchain and will grow as bitcon grows

this in itself gives bitcoin a great advantage over alternate currencies due to its established network for a new financial/social system

in time there may be something to replace it but at the moment the new financial/social system is about to explode with the blockchain at the heart of it all. For example targeted advertising, a new way of voting, shares, ,sidechains, messaging, anonymity, decentralised exchange, payment through facebook (already here this one, imagine giving friends or family some money through facebook cool)

remember to create a public good e.g. google search is a public good it is free but to use certain services around its free product is where the money is made

will ethereum or ethereum "blockchain" be a public good, no I do not think so, it is a bought product I believe, whereas the bitcoin blockchain is a public good

in answer to... Can Bitcoin do these things too, with implementation? Yes and more as there will be a whole world developing bitcoin

hope I got that right

one last thing did it say in the ethereum terms and conditions something like ..."we may not even complete the software"..

just read in the
Terms and Conditions of the Ethereum Gensis Sale
WARNING: DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT IN DEALING WITH CRYPTOGRAPHIC TOKENS AND BLOCKCHAIN-BASED SOFTWARE SYSTEMS

not sure why this is there, must have to be an expert to use the currency

from an earlier post this was great overkillcoin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eU2INYe4gk

Grin
wenben

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:41:09 PM

Same as ripple centralized as shit and you will see it for your self if you check their features.

You can quote this back a year from now and said "I told you so".
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: