Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2017, 09:51:13 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 562966 times)
tinaken_v

Activity: 558

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:35:37 AM

Swap: No. Too much "bad" Karma. This is a fresh start. We all have Karma. Some of us have lots of Karma (like myself) and don't really want to lose it. But we also must think about the big picture and how performing a swap might severely hurt (or kill) Karma in future as those stolen coins are also swapped with the good ones.

Everyone here will have a chance to buy Karma before everyone else catches on to it. (But the release will be publicly-announced here. And everyone will have an opportunity to buy cheap coins and make up for their losses. Current market cap at which buyers can be found is about $2,000,000. And that's without adding any value. The new market cap will start out at about $300,000 with plenty of room for growth. To the MOON!)

This is fucking UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Everybody will LOSE their MONEY!!!! THIS REALLY SMELLS LIKE SCAMMING PEOPLE!!!! I'VE KARMA COINS AND I WANT TO SEE REAL SWAP/ REAL FAIR SWAP AND NOT YET A SECOND SCAM SWAP!!!

A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:39:03 AM

Specs for the new coin. Let us know your thoughts.

Name: Karma or Karma Coin. ("karma coin" to prevent confusion with the word "karma" when used in conversations with others. Similar to how the average person may know of "Bitcoin" but if someone says "I have 3 bits" then it may be confusing, which may diminish the value of the initial impression.)

Platform: Ethereum

Initial Supply: 888,000. However, this number will fluctuate according to supply and demand, like the time-tested US money supply. This prevents too much inflation if the Karma economy is down, and prevents deflation as the economy expands. Importantly, it will ensure that the coin gets into more hands. The more the economy grows the more Karma there are. An increase in Karma supply will stimulate increased spending because it puts more Karma in the hands of users. Not all coins will be released at the same time. (Will have to think more about this.)

(We can also add a function to buy Karma when the price is cheap and sell when the price is expensive in order to stabilize the currency.)

Initial Market Cap: about $300,000. for 888,000 coins.

ICO: No. It's better to show some value first, not just make promises as ICOs do. First, we'll show some value. The Karma price can increase commensurately with the value that we have produced. We will then leverage the increased market value for funding needs. Rinse, then repeat as we grow.

Companies that begin with too much capital on their hands usually end up wasting it. (See startups in the 90s and today.) It's also a way to provide fat paychecks and benefits to the people who run the companies behind ICOs.

With Karma, if an 'executive' or manager wants to benefit from Karma they will have to buy it on the open market just like everyone else. (Not that managers are necessary with Ethereum. We could set up a decentralized autonomous organization to manage most of Karma automatically, with 1 or 2 people to make sure everything is running smoothly.)

Raising funds can be had by increasing the money supply from the initial. (See above) This function can be democratic eventually, but initially I will manage it according to supply/demand until the 'sweet spot' is found.

Mining: In order to prevent dumping and distribute the currency more evenly to users, there will be no mining for the coin. However, in the spirit of Karma there will be online services that users can go to 'mine' Karma by adding social value to the community. (For example, posting a video on Karmaplex.com or writing a blog post) This will not only likely allow for better stability and increased long-term value, but will also expand awareness of Karma to more users than mining along could not have been able to do. Mining is too much of a silo. Under the old algorithm it is good and supports the coin. Under the new platform, it is not needed. But if users want some Karma for a little effort (that helps Karma to grow) they can have it. It's the future.

(However, we do have the option of doing merged mining with ether. In that case anyone who finds a block on ethereum would also get a reward from Karma. Their reward may not be enough Karma to satisfy them, however. This will probably change in future as Ethereum moves from POW to a mixed proof of stake and betting system called Casper.)

Ability to freeze accounts: Karma can have the (democratic) ability to freeze any specific account. We don't need to have this function but it is an option in the case of stolen coins. Any account that is frozen will still have their funds intact, but won't be able to move them. After an investigation is performed the account can be unfrozen (by democratic vote in the blockchain).

The Code: The code will be publicly available in the blockchain and can be checked an audited by everyone. (Something that can't be done with our current wallet unless you understand the code you're looking at.) You could read the entire code in less than 10 minutes. That's something you wouldn't be able to do with the current code, if at all. This will increase economic trust in Karma substantially, which is exactly what Karma needs right now.

Wallet: Already done Smiley

Blockchain explorer: Already done Smiley

Swap: No. Too much "bad" Karma. This is a fresh start. We all have Karma. Some of us have lots of Karma (like myself) and don't really want to lose it. But we also must think about the big picture and how performing a swap might severely hurt (or kill) Karma in future as those stolen coins are also swapped with the good ones.

Everyone here will have a chance to buy Karma before everyone else catches on to it. (But the release will be publicly-announced here. And everyone will have an opportunity to buy cheap coins and make up for their losses. Current market cap at which buyers can be found is about $2,000,000. And that's without adding any value. The new market cap will start out at about $300,000 with plenty of room for growth. To the MOON!)

New Thread: On the way.

One last note An interesting tidbit.. as the value of Ethereum rises, so does Karma! As more and more companies like Toyota, Microsoft, governments like Singapore and Russia, and banks like JP Morgan buy up ethereum for their services, the price will increase. (That's the #1 driver of the price of Ethereum the past year, which has seen an increase of about 30x. Another 30x? 1 trillion dollars in value. That's something that would help Karma tremendously. As more funds shift to ETH, more people would be willing to speculate in Karma because it will be priced in ETH)

By the way.. good karma always comes back!

New Karma from kosmost without swap Karma x11? Grin I think its really bad idea, we all saw how the kosmost abandoned Karma coin, and now he appears with a new super idea leaving all the owners of the old Karma x11 overboard. Thank you, I do not need one more ethereum Karma especially with such a talentless developer!

It is just fucking stealing people money!!! And running a ICO to fill his pockets and people with KARMA coins will not get anything....

Proposal:

1. New coin - 76,084,000 Coins (1:1000 of the current supply)
2. Swap being done by a escrow or Yobit.
3. All not swapped coins of the new coin will be DESTROYED!!!
4. The swapped coins will be DESTROYED too!!!
5. NO FUCKING ICO/PREMINE/DEV FUNDS SCAM!!!

And in fact we don't need a swap at all... we need some more markets for KARMA to move things around. Look what happened with MOON. If we can get KARMA on Bittrex then the price will already move a lot higher then just 1 sat. All this swap/ico bullshit is not needed at all. Create a new website/promote the coin/ get it listed on more exchanges and everything can continue like how it has been moving now.

kosmost

Activity: 420

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:48:14 AM

Stolen coins.... you mean the coins on cryptsy.... you cannot just start a new coin without giving people that have KARMA coins a fair partial of the new coin else how will you answer the question for those  560 Billion coins that were NOT stolen.... ETC also have for MILLIONS of stolen coins!!!!! It is all simple. Continue with the original KARMA coin like what they are doing with MOON etc and give some value to KARMA... or starting scam swaps what happened with KARMAToken...

The largest wallet right now is a stolen exchange wallet.

Would you like the person who last transferred Karma from there 36 days ago to be able to swap 15 billion coins?

Goodomy ["GOOD"] token here ∞ Rewards for customers of 700,000 retail stores in the US and millions more around the world
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:50:58 AM

It is just fucking stealing people money!!! And running a ICO to fill his pockets and people with KARMA coins will not get anything....

Proposal:

1. New coin - 76,084,000 Coins (1:1000 of the current supply)
2. Swap being done by a escrow or Yobit.
3. All not swapped coins of the new coin will be DESTROYED!!!
4. The swapped coins will be DESTROYED too!!!
5. NO FUCKING ICO/PREMINE/DEV FUNDS SCAM!!!

And in fact we don't need a swap at all... we need some more markets for KARMA to move things around. Look what happened with MOON. If we can get KARMA on Bittrex then the price will already move a lot higher then just 1 sat. All this swap/ico bullshit is not needed at all. Create a new website/promote the coin/ get it listed on more exchanges and everything can continue like how it has been moving now.

Let's think more clearly about this.

Where do you see anything about an "ICO" or "premine" being done? Dev funds? Are you suggesting that having funds for development is a bad idea?

Scam? umm.. sure.

You're welcome to help with Karma Classic. Would you like to do that?

Goodomy ["GOOD"] token here ∞ Rewards for customers of 700,000 retail stores in the US and millions more around the world
KARMA MOON

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:52:17 AM

I think the opinion of Kosmost is correct.
However, those investing in karma coin will explode complaints of losing value.
So how about adding a bonus to the new karma coin ICO as many as you have the current karma coin? Even those who stole the biggest wallet would have to invest money in a new karmic coin. For example, 5% for 1 million kalma coins, 10% for 10 million karma coins, 15% for 100 million karma coins

I am Japanese.
I am not good at English, but than
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:55:09 AM

I have a question.. Who is going to lead the Karma Classic team? Anyone?

We need action, not just talk. Any takers?

luckyguy2807

Activity: 238

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

I've been watching this thread for 2 weeks now and it's very hilarious. Crypto is an open community, anybody could do a coin, wallet, blockchain, or even to revive a community. Nobody showed up for months or even years and when someone is trying to do something everybody is complaining. You had time until now to revive this coin or at least to stand out. Now that kosmost appeared nobody is satisfied, everybody wants to trade they're karma. Go find an exchange, paired it with ltc or doge at start growing from there.

If kosmost wants to make a new coin, without having the risks of the Cryptsy wallet why not?

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:09:29 PM

I think the opinion of Kosmost is correct.
However, those investing in karma coin will explode complaints of losing value.
So how about adding a bonus to the new karma coin ICO as many as you have the current karma coin? Even those who stole the biggest wallet would have to invest money in a new karmic coin. For example, 5% for 1 million kalma coins, 10% for 10 million karma coins, 15% for 100 million karma coins

Not sure if the Karma classic team would want to do an ICO but it sounds interesting.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:10:07 PM

I've been watching this thread for 2 weeks now and it's very hilarious. Crypto is an open community, anybody could do a coin, wallet, blockchain, or even to revive a community. Nobody showed up for months or even years and when someone is trying to do something everybody is complaining. You had time until now to revive this coin or at least to stand out. Now that kosmost appeared nobody is satisfied, everybody wants to trade they're karma. Go find an exchange, paired it with ltc or doge at start growing from there.

If kosmost wants to make a new coin, without having the risks of the Cryptsy wallet why not?

There are multiple billion-dollar wallets with stolen coins, not just Cryptsy's. Karma Classic could be looking at about 30-50% stolen coins being swapped.

Still, no one has answered the question of how they can be prevented from being swapped.

I would love to swap my coins, as I've stated. I'm one of the biggest Karma holders on here. However, for the bigger picture it doesn't make sense.

tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:31:11 PM

There are multiple billion-dollar wallets with stolen coins, not just Cryptsy's. Karma Classic could be looking at about 30-50% stolen coins being swapped.

Still, no one has answered the question of how they can be prevented from being swapped.

I would love to swap my coins, as I've stated. However, for the bigger picture it doesn't make sense.

Those it matter.... ETC is based on a blockchain with someone that stole for $50M of ETH coins.... and look how it has been moving up... with those $50M stolen ETC coins.... The amount that was stolen is ridicules low when you compare it with the total amount. and another point is that those so called stolen coins didn't move for ages... maybe they even don't have those coins at all....

tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:35:57 PM

In fact i don't understand why we suddenly not to start thinking of a swap... Last month there was a huge amount of buying in KARMA. Lets try to get KARMA on Bittrex. Get on a marketplace with trading volumes of 60000 BTC per day and not just 3000 BTC. The current KARMA coin can hit 10 sats, it just need some word spreading, bigger exchanges, and no need for swaps at all.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:46:05 PM

I would love to swap my coins, as I've stated. However, for the bigger picture it doesn't make sense.

Those it matter.... ETC is based on a blockchain with someone that stole for $50M of ETH coins.... and look how it has been moving up... with those $50M stolen ETC coins.... The amount that was stolen is ridicules low when you compare it with the total amount. and another point is that those so called stolen coins didn't move for ages... maybe they even don't have those coins at all....

38 days ago is "ages"? Not really. It seems quite recent. Not everyone paying attention to Karma or Karma's price moves their coins around often.

That's a tremendous risk you're talking about. We're not talking about 2-3% of coins but 30-50% of total coins. A big difference. If you're comfortable with that, I'm not sure how to respond.

We can't just think of ourselves, however. What about future holders? What about the price going up steadily? What about trying to get Karma into the hands of millions of people all around the world? Do that and the vision is dead, and it would have very little value.

Allow people with billions in stolen coins the opportunity to dump when we get to 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 satoshis? They would keep dumping, that's for sure. Karma may never rise again under that scenario. You're assuming they don't check to see which coins are the biggest gainers for the hours, day or week. A very risky assumption when you're trying to rebuild.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:51:22 PM

In fact i don't understand why we suddenly not to start thinking of a swap... Last month there was a huge amount of buying in KARMA. Lets try to get KARMA on Bittrex. Get on a marketplace with trading volumes of 60000 BTC per day and not just 3000 BTC. The current KARMA coin can hit 10 sats, it just need some word spreading, bigger exchanges, and no need for swaps at all.

I hate to burst your bubble but that was a few days ago when I "waltzed in here"

https://yobit.net/en/trade/KARMA/BTC#1M

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19438204#msg19438204

Those sound like good ideas. Do you want to be the community leader for the effort and make them happen? You don't have to be a dev to lead the community. I'm sure the Karma community would greatly appreciate it.

What do you think?

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:52:20 PM

Anyone?

ummm.. if I may suggest. Start a new wallet address for a dev fund that people can donate to, or maybe you can develop it yourself if you have the expertise.

but I guess that's why they call it bitcointalk instead of bitcoinaction. Same as before. Just complaining without doing anything about it. Just protesting without offering viable solutions. Just arguing from emotions, not reason.

It doesn't really take that much more effort.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:31:22 PM

Let's put some of this anger from a few people into perspective a bit.

Are you really more upset that I want to revive Karma and bring it to many more people than you are upset at the people who stole almost half of Karma's economy?

How much anger and frustration have I read toward the people who have stolen billions of coins, on this thread? 0.

Think about that for a moment.

A bit mis-directed perhaps. Why not lead (or join) the effort to do Karma Classic and swap coins, instead?

The reason we 4 took charge before in 2014 is because no one else would.

The reason I am taking charge now is because no one else is. Even though a couple of us are complaining, I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it as much as I want to believe it would. East's efforts are great (as I've said many times recently) but the fact is that he has his own threads to worry about, and hasn't been able to post in this one for nearly a year.

It's not as easy as it may seem because, well, people are often dramatic and want to pee on you for no reason whatsoever.

algreen

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:40:35 PM

Anyone?

ummm.. if I may suggest. Start a new wallet address for a dev fund that people can donate to, or maybe you can develop it yourself if you have the expertise.

but I guess that's why they call it bitcointalk instead of bitcoinaction. Same as before. Just complaining without doing anything about it. Just protesting without offering viable solutions. Just arguing from emotions, not reason.

Kosmost, as i remember you a karma dev, and you have a dead karma coin now. After years of silence you try to start another copy-paste coin? Without swap of karma? You can try to do it, but many people have a zero trust to you. If you manage to hold a karma swap you can recover your reputation.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             ▄███████████▄
           ▄███████████████▄
         ▄███████████████████▄
       ▄███████████████████████▄          ▄▄            ▄▄      ▄▄                                           ▄▄
     ▄███████████████████████████▄        ██          █ ██      ██                                           ██
   ▄█████████▀███████████▀█████████▄      ██            ██      ██                                           ██
 ▄█████████▀  ▐█████████▌  ▀█████████▄    ██ ▐██████▄ █████████ ██  ███████ ▄██████████████████▄  ████████████████▌
█████████▀     █████████     ▀█████████   ██    ▄████ █▌██      ██    ▄████▌██       ▐█        █▌▐█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
 ▀█████▀       ▐███████▌       ▀█████▀    ██  ▄█▀  ██ █▌██      ██  ▄█▀  ▐█▌██       ▐█        █▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐█▌██
   ▀█▀          ███████          ▀█▀      ██       ██ █▌██      ██       ▐█▌██       ▐█▌      ▐█▌         ▐█▌██
                ▐█████▌                   █████████▀▀ █▌██      ██████████▀  ▀█████████████████▀ ▀█████████▀ ██
                 █████
                 ▐███▌
                  ███
                   ▀
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
██████████ ▀████████████
██████████    ▀█████████
██████████    ▄█████████
██████████ ▄████████████
████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████   
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:41:32 PM

38 days ago is "ages"? Not really. It seems quite recent. Not everyone paying attention to Karma or Karma's price moves their coins around often.

That's a tremendous risk you're talking about. We're not talking about 2-3% of coins but 30-50% of total coins. A big difference. If you're comfortable with that, I'm not sure how to respond.

We can't just think of ourselves, however. What about future holders? What about the price going up steadily? What about trying to get Karma into the hands of millions of people all around the world? Do that and the vision is dead, and it would have very little value.

Allow people with billions in stolen coins the opportunity to dump when we get to 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 satoshis? They would keep dumping, that's for sure. Karma may never rise again under that scenario. You're assuming they don't check to see which coins are the biggest gainers for the hours, day or week. A very risky assumption when you're trying to rebuild.

Why should they dump? That person that stole all those ETH coins didn't impact the price...

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:47:25 PM

Here's an experiment you can do at home  Grin

Click on page 390 above. Do you see the date?

All of 2016's threads are on pages 392-398.

An entire year on 6 pages.

So, who's really involved with this community? Since I made an appearance on page 399 with Bitwho's post, there have been nearly 2x more posts in 1 week than all of 2016.

Looking for 2015? On 28 pages, from page 364.

Sorry, but that's the end of the story.

disco987

Activity: 711

CLOAK Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:47:56 PM

@kosmost If you don't feel,i want to tell you something: the shit storm comes,and you will disappear for another 3 years.

Enjoy! Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓               
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,       
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖     
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌   
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███, 
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌ 
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌ 
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███` 
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████   
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜     
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀       
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:53:55 PM

Anyone?

Kosmost, as i remember you a karma dev, and you have a dead karma coin now. After years of silence you try to start another copy-paste coin? Without swap of karma? You can try to do it, but many people have a zero trust to you. If you manage to hold a karma swap you can recover your reputation.

See above.

Would you like to lead the effort?

(by the way, I didn't start the coin, nor was I a dev for it. I was the project lead for rebuilding. This was a community effort. See this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg5549527#msg5549527 )

Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.