Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
dreambox700

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:18:49 PM

I send email to karmacoin.massmail@gmail.com and no one responds.

facira.

I have received tons of emails. i have not started to do the process yet as i am focusing on fixing the mass email issue. not sure which email you sent me from. I only have replied back to users who's account i dont have in data base. there are two so far that do not show in mintpal database record. So if i have not responded that should mean everything should be alright with yours.

Also please post question on the forums so other users can see and avoid asking the same questions. that will also help legitimize that the thread is the official thread and people can ask question there.

who

I get your email:
"I cant find you in there by name , username/email. could you double check your information please?

Also, please keep in mind i am doing the return claims based on Old Minptal database. If you purchased those karma during the time Moolah lunched then we will not have that information."

I bought KARMA before migration mintapl ver 2. I tried to pull his KARMA but without success as you can see in the picture I sent you.
All I have already sent the email but got no response.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:17:33 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 12:03:37 AM by bitwho

facira.

I have received tons of emails. i have not started to do the process yet as i am focusing on fixing the mass email issue. not sure which email you sent me from. I only have replied back to users who's account i dont have in data base. there are two so far that do not show in mintpal database record. So if i have not responded that should mean everything should be alright with yours.

Also please post question on the forums so other users can see and avoid asking the same questions. that will also help legitimize that the thread is the official thread and people can ask question there.

who

I get your email:
"I cant find you in there by name , username/email. could you double check your information please?

Also, please keep in mind i am doing the return claims based on Old Minptal database. If you purchased those karma during the time Moolah lunched then we will not have that information."

I bought KARMA before migration mintapl ver 2. I tried to pull his KARMA but without success as you can see in the picture I sent you.

stand still as i work with ferdous on resolving this issue.

issue resolved. sent email.

you were also asked to post question in the forum thread. there no need to fill this thread with such questions. Go there first. if i do not reply there then come here. Lets use the appropriate space. http://forum.givekarma.net/index.php?topic=54.0
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:44:29 AM

facira.

who

I get your email:

stand still as i work with ferdous on resolving this issue.

issue resolved. sent email.

you were also asked to post question in the forum thread. there no need to fill this thread with such questions. Go there first. if i do not reply there then come here. Lets use the appropriate space. http://forum.givekarma.net/index.php?topic=54.0

Are you still waiting to resolve the mail out issue?
I checked my mail and spam folders and have not received any email about Karma.. checked on the "official" thread.. doesn't appear to be much happening there either..
I don't mind waiting.. I just think that everyone should get a fair chance to get their claims in before the coin distribution starts.

Cheers,

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:44:39 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 07:42:29 PM by bitwho

yeah

No mass email sent yet. actually haven't even look into it. i ran into an other problem

The mintpal database shows more coins then i have in the wallet.dat from old mintpal.

The ratio of [Mintpal database total coins]/[old mintpal wallet.dat total coins] = ~%92

I am now thinking about how to do this. I only see one way of fairness. return a % of users coins.

edit : no coins have been returned yet. so no one is missing out yet.
Minted

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:46:22 PM

Thats a fair discrepancy,.. 8%!!!!!    Looks like Ferdous et al were already skimming the wallet. How come this discrepancy has only come to light now? How long have you had the wallet? Surely it would have been the first thing checked, I know I would have done it on receipt of both.
So we all take a hit of 8%. Easy math, easy solution, no need for further delay. Thanks

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
Alphi

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:59:32 AM

Thats a fair discrepancy,.. 8%!!!!!    Looks like Ferdous et al were already skimming the wallet. How come this discrepancy has only come to light now? How long have you had the wallet? Surely it would have been the first thing checked, I know I would have done it on receipt of both.
So we all take a hit of 8%. Easy math, easy solution, no need for further delay. Thanks

don't make accusations before knowing the facts..

mintpal was hacked twice, many coins were stolen. probably a lot more than they admitted publicly.
we know that although their interface looked very professional their accounting and audit procedures were sub standard for the volume of trade they were doing.

because exchanges do not do their transactions on the blockchain it is very easy for someone to scam the system and skim coins off the top before anyone notices.

we should be lucky that only 8% of Karm are missing.

and thanks Bitwho for being transparent and keeping us updated.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Alphi

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:20:44 AM

yeah

No mass email sent yet. actually haven't even look into it. i ran into an other problem

The mintpal database shows more coins then i have in the wallet.dat from old mintpal.

The ratio of [Mintpal database total coins]/[old mintpal wallet.dat total coins] = ~%92

I am now thinking about how to do this. I only see one way of fairness. return a % of users coins.

I'll stick with my original suggestion that we should write a script to stagger the payments..

10% of your balance returned each week for 9 weeks.

if we don't stagger it then billions of coins will hit the market and end up on cryptsy which may cause the price to tank..

if you just give everyone 92% then you might find that you will run out of coins before everyone gets paid because some people will try to game the system.
not only that but some people will get most of their coins back before others so they will have an trade advantage.

I'll write some pseudo code for how this might work...
say for example there are 3 people..

While there are still coins left.
  Pay person A 10% of their original mintpal balance
  Pay person B 10% of their original mintpal balance
  Pay person C 10% of their original mintpal balance
  Wait 1 week
Loop

it really is that simple..

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:22:04 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 03:27:43 PM by bitwho

Thats a fair discrepancy,.. 8%!!!!!    Looks like Ferdous et al were already skimming the wallet. How come this discrepancy has only come to light now? How long have you had the wallet? Surely it would have been the first thing checked, I know I would have done it on receipt of both.

don't make accusations before knowing the facts..

mintpal was hacked twice, many coins were stolen. probably a lot more than they admitted publicly.
we know that although their interface looked very professional their accounting and audit procedures were sub standard for the volume of trade they were doing.

because exchanges do not do their transactions on the blockchain it is very easy for someone to scam the system and skim coins off the top before anyone notices.

we should be lucky that only 8% of Karm are missing.

and thanks Bitwho for being transparent and keeping us updated.

there is few things that effected this.

one. when i received the first database and wallet. the wallet had more coins then the total data base coins. so the steps was to return the coins based on the database. once everything was done. open a public poll on what to do with the left overs.  

once i opened the process some emails came in. Once 3 out of 20 users that contacted me did not show up in the database i contacted ferdous about it. I was given a fresher database where two of these users were matching. only that this database now had 200 more users.

when i did the new total coins in the database i realized that the wallet.dat was not enough.

Problem is that this database was lastly updated on October 1st, 2014. Mintpal was fully functional and people were able to withdraw up to October 10th. Thats when it went off line and Moolah launched weeks later with Mintpal V2.

Looking at wallet.dat transaction history there was some huge withdrawals done during this period that the database did not save.

So here I am. i am left with a database that only had account updated up until the 1st of October. and a wallet.dat

We are lucky to retrieve these compared to other coins that are lost with Moolah. So in order to be fair i have to do a % on everyone.

edit : changed the months from August to OCTOBER
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:30:30 AM

yeah

I'll stick with my original suggestion that we should write a script to stagger the payments..

10% of your balance returned each week for 9 weeks.

if we don't stagger it then billions of coins will hit the market and end up on cryptsy which may cause the price to tank..

if you just give everyone 92% then you might find that you will run out of coins before everyone gets paid because some people will try to game the system.
not only that but some people will get most of their coins back before others so they will have an trade advantage.

I'll write some pseudo code for how this might work...
say for example there are 3 people..

While there are still coins left.
  Pay person A 10% of their original mintpal balance
  Pay person B 10% of their original mintpal balance
  Pay person C 10% of their original mintpal balance
  Wait 1 week
Loop

it really is that simple..

i dont know man. These are not my coins and i shouldn't meddle with them. i know that doing that might help prevent dumping but i dond think its fair to give slices at time.

You do bring up a good point of who should get their coins first... So far i only got roughly 20 emails asking for them, but thats because i haven't reached out to users by emails. there are ~700 users that have minimum 10 mills. In total there are +1300 users from top to bottom

i think it is fair to just do who contacts me first. first come first serve basic...

i donno. im just pissed that i have to give out a % now.  I dont understand how a database can go un updated for 10 days..

easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:48:19 AM

GUYS.

It will never match. Nobody stole any KARMA coins from MINTPAL.

Its only a matter of having AN OLD DATABASE OF COINS to MATCH NEW USERDATABASE.

I would have to request everyone to refrain from negative thinking about this whole mess.

Instead, view this in a positive light. OUR COINS WERE ALL LOST ONCE and now at least 92% of it can be returned.

About the dumping...and price tanking... They are both possible.

But remember that IF SOME CAN DUMP, then SOME WILL DEFINITELY BUY, or it never happens.

Low price? We've been there and came out alive and kicking...

So, all I want is for all of us to get this mess, over as soon as possible. Yah, don't add mess anymore.

Cheers.

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Alphi

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:10:09 AM

i dont know man. These are not my coins and i shouldn't meddle with them. i know that doing that might help prevent dumping but i dond think its fair to give slices at time.

You do bring up a good point of who should get their coins first... So far i only got roughly 20 emails asking for them, but thats because i haven't reached out to users by emails. there are ~700 users that have minimum 10 mills. In total there are +1300 users from top to bottom

i think it is fair to just do who contacts me first. first come first serve basic...

i donno. im just pissed that i have to give out a % now.  I dont understand how a database can go un updated for 10 days..

I'm happy with whatever you guys decide. if I get less than 90% of my coins back I will still be happy..

I just have this feeling that some people will miss the boat and then come back at you with accusations of theft if you run out of coins before giving everyone some coins.

I don't mind first come first serve but at least do that after the mail out... people shouldn't be rewarded for nagging and being impatient pains in the arse.
if you want to process 1300 transactions manually then that's your call, I am grateful for all the effort put in by the Karma team so far.

socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:37:24 AM

Guys, LTC has lost so much value since we lost our KARM. KARM/LTC ratio did not change much. So everyone lost huge % of money even if he gets all KARM back now. 92% or 100%, who cares. Slowing the process makes everything more painful. If someone want to dump, he will have to dump at loss anyway. I placed buy orders on Cryptsy and everyone is welcome to dump on me. Simply pay 92% and we will see than. I am sure many users will not claim their KARM, so in the end, there wil be enough KARM for all claiming users.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:55:08 PM

hey bitwho thanks for work you doing, am glad to hear the we all gonna get our lost Karma BTW i sent you an email to: karmacoin.return@gmail.com hopefully i get a respond, i didnt get an email from the mass mailing tho .

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:44:00 PM

Good to see Karma featured on some news : http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cryptocurrency-round-bitreserve-maps-bitcoin-transactions-intel-looks-into-blockchain-1492871

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:33:34 PM

how random. so cool!
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:05:00 AM

Still away on long vacation. It's nice to see there is stilll life in karma. Had a few problem updating my client a few days ago, but that was resolved with a few addnodes kindly suggested by bitwho.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Enjoy the pics, I will probably upload a few more but this is all I have time for right now. Edit: almost forgot to say where they are from... They are from Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Cheers
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:47:52 PM

wow. nice images. they look amazing. i wish you the best out there
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:14:32 AM

Still away on long vacation. It's nice to see there is stilll life in karma. Had a few problem updating my client a few days ago, but that was resolved with a few addnodes kindly suggested by bitwho.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Enjoy the pics, I will probably upload a few more but this is all I have time for right now. Edit: almost forgot to say where they are from... They are from Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Cheers

Hey acg,

Nice pics..I can almost see Lara Croft jumping around...INVU ^_^.

BTW, is the reddit tipbot still functional?

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:03:33 PM

karmacoin.return@gmail.com is correct mail?

yes. i have received emails. i only replied back to those i didnt find on record yet.   
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:29:02 PM

Article mentioning Karma with a link to givekarma.net...

"Karma, another cryptocurrency, issues digital money based upon people’s good deeds."

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/03/23/get-ripped-or-die-mining-how-fitcoin-can-make-you-a-bitcoin-fortune-at-the-gym/

Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: