Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583013 times)
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:49:37 PM

Hello, I had 1206428.17621567 KARM in Cryptsy, but I decided to transfer them to a Karma wallet on my PC. I haven't had my wallet updated for more than a year and I decided to do it today. The sync process is now to 0 hours and 601340 of 754382 (estimated) blocks, but on the Overview window of the wallet it says Wallet/Recent transactions out of sync and I see 0.00 KARM in my balance. On the addresses tab, I can see, that the address is the same (the one, to which I've sent my KARMA coins from cryptsy). My question is: Where are my coins? Why am I not seing them in the balance? What can I do to find my coins? Should I wait for those blocks to update? I'll appreciate any answers. Thank you!
Hey there CoinInvest. You said you installed the latest client, which version do you have? Meanwhile, if you want to make sure your coins are still "there", just enter your address here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/ it will tell you exactly how much Karma is on that particular wallet. Hope that helps.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinInvest

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:40:31 PM

Hello, I had 1206428.17621567 KARM in Cryptsy, but I decided to transfer them to a Karma wallet on my PC. I haven't had my wallet updated for more than a year and I decided to do it today. The sync process is now to 0 hours and 601340 of 754382 (estimated) blocks, but on the Overview window of the wallet it says Wallet/Recent transactions out of sync and I see 0.00 KARM in my balance. On the addresses tab, I can see, that the address is the same (the one, to which I've sent my KARMA coins from cryptsy). My question is: Where are my coins? Why am I not seing them in the balance? What can I do to find my coins? Should I wait for those blocks to update? I'll appreciate any answers. Thank you!
Hey there CoinInvest. You said you installed the latest client, which version do you have? Meanwhile, if you want to make sure your coins are still "there", just enter your address here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/ it will tell you exactly how much Karma is on that particular wallet. Hope that helps.

Hello, learminer
Thank you for your reply. This is the version of the wallet I have v0.8.6.5-beta. I've also tried to reinstall it, it didn't help. I don't know if its worth mentioning, but first when I decided to sync the wallet, I had this message "No block source available", but I read on reddit, that I should add this to node to the console altcoin.dk:9432, so I did and my wallet started to sync (I hope I didn't screw something up by adding it). On the Adresses tab I can only see the address, to which I've transfered my coins from Cryptsy. I've checked my address on the link you gave me and everything seems the way it should be - the only transaction is the one I did from Cryptsy. Its weird, that I can't see the transaction in the "Transactions" tab in the wallet on my PC. Something else, which I've remembered - when I first installed the wallet last year, I clicked on Settings -> Encrypt wallet and I wrote passphrase there. I remember it, but I don't know if I should use it or where to write it...
I would really appreciate, if somebody can explain to me whats the issue here.
TrackCoin1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:48:28 PM

Recently know about KARM for that still Haven't wallet... Smiley 

Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:18:04 PM

Hello, learminer
Thank you for your reply. This is the version of the wallet I have v0.8.6.5-beta. I've also tried to reinstall it, it didn't help. I don't know if its worth mentioning, but first when I decided to sync the wallet, I had this message "No block source available", but I read on reddit, that I should add this to node to the console altcoin.dk:9432, so I did and my wallet started to sync (I hope I didn't screw something up by adding it). On the Adresses tab I can only see the address, to which I've transfered my coins from Cryptsy. I've checked my address on the link you gave me and everything seems the way it should be - the only transaction is the one I did from Cryptsy. Its weird, that I can't see the transaction in the "Transactions" tab in the wallet on my PC. Something else, which I've remembered - when I first installed the wallet last year, I clicked on Settings -> Encrypt wallet and I wrote passphrase there. I remember it, but I don't know if I should use it or where to write it...
I would really appreciate, if somebody can explain to me whats the issue here.

your true balance wont show up in the wallet until the blockchain is updated.
at the time of writing this we are at block 601800

on the bottom right hand corner of the wallet how many bars do you have showing?
If you mouse over the bars icon it should say "N active connection(s) to the Karma Network"
If N is 1 or more then you are talking to the network. if not then you aren't which means you will have to either wait until someone in your peers.dat file comes online or add more nodes to the list.

here are some of the people I am connected to right now (you can add them manually copying and pasting each one into your debug console window)

addnode 148.251.126.241:29642 add
addnode 24.15.13.38:9432 add
addnode 188.165.2.147:9432 add
addnode 92.222.38.197:9432 add
addnode 192.95.29.153:38625 add
addnode 74.9.37.154:37553 add
addnode 177.249.99.73:41956 add
addnode 50.143.113.211:65038 add
addnode 78.206.12.70:49495 add
addnode 188.227.250.49:41958 add
addnode 50.197.11.193:60111 add
addnode 218.61.195.234:50005 add

Note: if you want to see who you are connected to then you can type "getpeerinfo" into your debug console, it should show you a list of who you are connected to or show nothing if you aren't connected to anyone.

PS I think the estimated number of blocks might be wrong (754540) that is why it shows up as 0 hours behind and out of sync... the block explorer seems to show the same block count as my wallet

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Alphi

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:19:01 PM

Recently know about KARM for that still Haven't wallet... Smiley 

you should install a wallet so that your coins are safe if you have some... don't leave them all an exchange.. Smiley

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
CoinInvest

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:13:51 PM

Hello, Alphi
Thank you very much for the useful information. When I go over with the mouse on the bar, I currently see 10 active connections. When I start the wallet, at the beginning I see a green check right next to the connection bar icon, but my balance stands at 0.00 again. After couple of minutes, the red "out of sync" writings appear and the wallet starts to sync again. When I go over the sync icon, it says: Processed 601846 of 612282* (this number actually varies between 610000 and 750000). After few minutes of syncinh, I again see the green check sign, but my balance stays at 0.00. I'll add the ones you gave me in the console and I'll leave it run. I really don't know what else can I do, so I can see my coins in the wallet. If a trusted user or a member of the KARMA team have some free time and is willing to assist me, I'm ready to give the address or Teamviewer access, so we can try to sort the things out.
Alphi

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:00:30 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 07:13:52 PM by Alphi

Hello, Alphi
Thank you very much for the useful information. When I go over with the mouse on the bar, I currently see 10 active connections. When I start the wallet, at the beginning I see a green check right next to the connection bar icon, but my balance stands at 0.00 again. After couple of minutes, the red "out of sync" writings appear and the wallet starts to sync again. When I go over the sync icon, it says: Processed 601846 of 612282* (this number actually varies between 610000 and 750000). After few minutes of syncinh, I again see the green check sign, but my balance stays at 0.00. I'll add the ones you gave me in the console and I'll leave it run. I really don't know what else can I do, so I can see my coins in the wallet. If a trusted user or a member of the KARMA team have some free time and is willing to assist me, I'm ready to give the address or Teamviewer access, so we can try to sort the things out.

did you check your address with the online block explorer ? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/
also do you see the transaction in your transactions tab of the wallet?

if you want to give me your karma address I can send a handful of coins to you and check that they are ending up in the right address..

NOTE: I will be able to see how many coins are in that address though... to avoid this you could always create a new address in your wallet and give me that one..

EDIT: I just sent some coins to my cryptsy and it seemed to work ok in the block explorer

CoinInvest

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:31:33 PM

Hello, Alphi

did you check your address with the online block explorer ? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/
also do you see the transaction in your transactions tab of the wallet?

if you want to give me your karma address I can send a handful of coins to you and check that they are ending up in the right address..

NOTE: I will be able to see how many coins are in that address though... to avoid this you could always create a new address in your wallet and give me that one..

EDIT: I just sent some coins to my cryptsy and it seemed to work ok in the block explorer

Hello, Alphi
When I paste my address in that online block explorer site, I see the transaction I did from Cryptsy to the address last year. I don't see any transactions in the transactions tab in the wallet on my PC, I tried setting up a time period, I've tried to paste the address in the field in the transaction tab, but nothing seems to work. I can give you the address, I don't have problem about it and I'm even willing to giveout some of the coins as a reward for the effort.

Alphi

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:42:33 PM

Hello, Alphi
When I paste my address in that online block explorer site, I see the transaction I did from Cryptsy to the address last year. I don't see any transactions in the transactions tab in the wallet on my PC, I tried setting up a time period, I've tried to paste the address in the field in the transaction tab, but nothing seems to work. I can give you the address, I don't have problem about it and I'm even willing to giveout some of the coins as a reward for the effort.

is your wallet completely empty or does it have some transactions in it?

if its completely empty without any transactions or addresses then you might be missing your original wallet.dat file..

you need to find that file because that is what actually contains the keys (and other info) to the Karma addresses that you control.

in windows 7 your wallet.dat needs to go into your profile directory..its something like:

C:\Users\[youruserid]\Roaming\Karma

if you don't have the original wallet.dat file that you used last year then nobody can help you.

CoinInvest

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:47:38 PM

Hello, Alphi

if its completely empty without any transactions or addresses then you might be missing your wallet.dat file..

you need to find that file because that is what actually contains the keys to the Karma addresses that you control.

in windows 7 your wallet.dat needs to go into your profile directory..its something like:

if you dont have the original wallet.dat file that you used last year then nobody can help you.

Oh, that explains pretty much everything. My HDD died and I'm a total noob, when it comes to the whole crypto thing (KARM is actually my first and only coin I've put money into). I guess my coins are lost for good, but I'll be sure to buy some KARMA soon and this time I'll make a copy of everything in few places, so I can be prepared for tech. fails, which unfortunately happen now and then. Thank you very much for the help and the effort! Keep up the good Karma Smiley
Alphi

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:57:53 PM

Hello, Alphi

if its completely empty without any transactions or addresses then you might be missing your wallet.dat file..

you need to find that file because that is what actually contains the keys to the Karma addresses that you control.

if you dont have the original wallet.dat file that you used last year then nobody can help you.

Oh, that explains pretty much everything. My HDD died and I'm a total noob, when it comes to the whole crypto thing (KARM is actually my first and only coin I've put money into). I guess my coins are lost for good, but I'll be sure to buy some KARMA soon and this time I'll make a copy of everything in few places, so I can be prepared for tech. fails, which unfortunately happen now and then. Thank you very much for the help and the effort! Keep up the good Karma Smiley

make sure you backup your wallet.dat file always.. its really tiny so you could even put it on an old sd card or usb drive or your phone..

when you reinstall the wallet software it doesn't delete your old wallet.dat but if that file is missing then it creates a brand new empty wallet...

I hope you didn't lose too many coins.. if you still have the old HDD you might yet be able to recover the old wallet.dat file if its not completely dead.. it all depends on how many coins you had in there and how much effort you are wiling to make to get them back..

CoinInvest

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:08:14 PM

Hello, Alphi

make sure you backup your wallet.dat file always.. its really tiny so you could even put it on an old sd card or usb drive or your phone..

when you reinstall the wallet software it doesn't delete your old wallet.dat but if that file is missing then it creates a brand new empty wallet...

I hope you didn't lose too many coins.. if you still have the old HDD you might yet be able to recover the old wallet.dat file if its not completely dead.. it all depends on how many coins you had in there and how much effort you are wiling to make to get them back..
Yes, I just read some information about the thing and I should've done it long time ago, it really is a mistake, that I didn't make a copy of it. I've got 1 200 000 KARM in the wallet, the HDD is pretty much dead, but I might give it a shot, when I have the time and hopefully I'll be able to salvage something out of it.
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:45:10 AM

Yes, I just read some information about the thing and I should've done it long time ago, it really is a mistake, that I didn't make a copy of it. I've got 1 200 000 KARM in the wallet, the HDD is pretty much dead, but I might give it a shot, when I have the time and hopefully I'll be able to salvage something out of it.
Sorry to hear you lost your wallet, the important part is you learn from it and make a backup next time. You might be successfull using data recovery software, I know of a few cases where that worked. Good luck!

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:15:01 PM

Hi all,

I am launching a new crypto giveaway site soon and will be including Karma, please can you PM me with the highest resolution logo you have for Karma.

(I did look on your twitter / website and thread but couldn't find a very high res one)

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:41:55 AM

After so much waiting and all the BS that accompanied that period...

It's time to start sending those coins back to the owners now.

So we can start to plan other Karma developments.

Do you agree guys?

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Alphi

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:17:08 AM

After so much waiting and all the BS that accompanied that period...

It's time to start sending those coins back to the owners now.

So we can start to plan other Karma developments.

Do you agree guys?

-east

KARMA to the Moon like before!

yes we need to get them back so that we can launch them to the moon lol...

easteagle13

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:28:26 PM

Hi all,

I am launching a new crypto giveaway site soon and will be including Karma, please can you PM me with the highest resolution logo you have for Karma.

(I did look on your twitter / website and thread but couldn't find a very high res one)

Have you tried using the images from http://easteagle13.wix.com/karma#!gallery/c1ppg?

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
easteagle13

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:31:18 PM

Hi CoinInvest,

If you can send me the transaction details on which you lost your Karma, and send me a new address from your new wallet, I promise to give you, your 1.2M Karma back.

Would you like this idea?

-east

Alphi

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:46:21 PM

I am glad to report that I just got most of my Mintpal Karma back from BitWho..

thank you very much..

I will make sure I put them to good use... Grin

easteagle13

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:53:18 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 11:07:15 PM by easteagle13

A step forward...

Congratulations to our community. Once again we have proven that the people who stick around our community, (like BitWho) to keep Karma alive are trustworthy. We are now slowly ending the Mintpal mess, yes, it was so bloody, but we held up.

Now, we should seriously treat Karma as a means of exchange of value. Let us start from within us. Let every KARMA holder and believer accept Karma as a payment option for whatever product you sell or service you offer.

I am doing this in real life. I will post a sign saying "KARMA and Bitcoins are accepted here". And those who know crypto will be glad to have another venue where they can spend their revolutionary cash. While those who have no clue, will LEARN. Hopefully we will gain new KARMA user, one client at a time.
Like scryptminer's business site(http://www.scryptminer.ch/), I will be tipping my clients with KARMA for every purchase from my shop.

YOU HAVE SNOBBED THIS PROPOSAL BEFORE. ITS TIME YOU GIVE THIS A TRY.

Behind the scene, we will organize more KARMA developments.

-east

Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: