Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:29:20 PM

76,050,178.85 strong. . POS mode is better. . .

How about something like POC+POS with 0.1% interest  Smiley
Must higher than interest the Bank of China. For example, 0.2-0.3% a monthly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lecristoph

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:31:39 PM

Ƙ is not to bad IMO.. we need something unicode compatible Smiley

For brainstorming: http://unicode-table.com/en
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:51:45 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 11:02:24 PM by altcoingood

hashing at karmas p2pool...

this might get drowned out in the thread because of the very interesting karmashares discussion but i just wanted to ask miners if they have spare hashes to point at the p2pool?

karma.p2pool.altcoin.dk

there is only one guy mining there at the moment and i would like some company for him. i cannot help right now because my rig is rented out the next 150 hours.

the current hashrate of karma is 365MH/s, the current hashrate of the pool is 2.5MH/s.

in regards to the karma-symbol, yes find one that is unicode-compatible. if you're on windows fire up charmap and look there.

some edits:

- i have taken extra care to make sure payments are on par with the bonuses + block rewards in the chain

- the p2pool is housed on a dedicated machine in a german data center with a backup p2pool node that handles the blockchain if p2pool ever goes down

- filesystem of dedicated server is snapshotted and gets backed up to another location once a day (zfs send/receive)
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:33:56 PM

The uptrend for Karma price on Mintpal atleast is forming. Whitecoin has been screwed by its devs, Blackcoin has been ditched by a substantial chunk of its community, new shitcoins with no reason for their success except for the fact that they offer a perceived chance to make back what folks lost on Black and Whitecoin have been popping up and will be dumped within a week or two.

There is only one coin with a real, bona fide opportunity to make serious ROI and a continuous profit over a length of time greater than 1 year and that is Karma.

I personally went all in on Karma after selling off all my White and Blackcoin. 250 Million Coins was the target and I slowly bought up until that time. Invested 200 Million in Karmashares and holding 50 Million for when Karma is adopted by merchants and payment processors so I can treat myself to a few luxury items! haha

Love this coin, Love the community and most importantly I love the devs - Absolute confidence in Kosmost and the team - Been investing in Crypto since October last year and these guys are the most professional and proactive devs I have see yet.  

By investing in Karmashares I'm choosing to let my crypto make money for me. I no longer sit there for hours on end trading, instead I just invest and get back to enjoying life free of the burden of day-trading!

One thing I learnt from buying Blackcoin at 2219 Satoshi was that the REAL winners are those who buy low and walk away. I may have profited but I would have made far more if I had just locked away those coins and not sold everytime I saw a big jump up in price because there is nothing worse than selling for a 50% ROI and thinking your having a great day only to continue watching the price go up from 3400 Sat (where I sold) to 86,000 Sat within the space of a few weeks in what could have been a life changer Sad

Be safe - Buy Karma now, understand that a conservative theoretical reach for this coin should be at the very least ~33 Satoshi (what Dogecoin was at during the most dire part of its existence when everyone couldn't get rid of it quick enough), and then lock that wallet up or invest it in Karmashares.

Stay active in the thread and community, monitor whats happening on the exchange, but tell yourself "I will not even consider selling a portion of my Karma until I see at least 33 Satoshi".

If you look at those who have made hundreds of thousands of US dollars in Crypto its usually the following story "I bought a few thousand Bitcoin back in 2011 and forgot about them thinking they were useless! Thankgod I didn't delete that wallet folder!" or "I bought 500 Million Mooncoin back when it was worth 25 Litoshi and sold it at 36 Sat the next day! :O"

You either get extremely lucky (the Mooncoin early adopters - even though it was a pump n dump) or you forget about the coin and come back later when its worth 100x what it was when you bought it.

Right now with Karma you have an opportunity to be an early adopter and by investing the coins in Karmashares you give yourself a real chance to make a huge, life changing return down the line.

The kicker is that unlike all the other scamcoins that have made it big - Karma has the infrastructure and the growing revenue streams to be a proper earner over a timeframe in excess of 1 year - greater than nearly all altcoins expected or realized life span.

Best of luck to everyone and hold onto those coins!

ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:54:48 AM

A

I like this one.  Great work.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:14:28 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 03:19:34 AM by ShawnLeary

The uptrend for Karma price on Mintpal atleast is forming. Whitecoin has been screwed by its devs, Blackcoin has been ditched by a substantial chunk of its community, new shitcoins with no reason for their success except for the fact that they offer a perceived chance to make back what folks lost on Black and Whitecoin have been popping up and will be dumped within a week or two.

There is only one coin with a real, bona fide opportunity to make serious ROI and a continuous profit over a length of time greater than 1 year and that is Karma.

I personally went all in on Karma after selling off all my White and Blackcoin. 250 Million Coins was the target and I slowly bought up until that time. Invested 200 Million in Karmashares and holding 50 Million for when Karma is adopted by merchants and payment processors so I can treat myself to a few luxury items! haha

Love this coin, Love the community and most importantly I love the devs - Absolute confidence in Kosmost and the team -

Thanks for the vote of confidence!  The price keeping up with low volume is encouraging, usually is bleeds down in the other direction.  Maybe the miners are starting to hold their coins now :-)

Edit- Volume going up now. Someone is accumulating KARMs

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
spitfire1337

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:16:49 AM

Ƙ is not to bad IMO.. we need something unicode compatible Smiley

For brainstorming: http://unicode-table.com/en

hmm... Maybe this: http://unicode-table.com/en/0138/ or http://unicode-table.com/en/20AD/
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:21:20 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 04:37:06 AM by easteagle13

A

I like this one.  Great work.

Thanks Shawn, For now we can use "K" for the unicode compatibility but we can also apply/propose for what we really like at http://www.unicode.org/pending/pending.html. AND I would really love to read the NEWS that say: KARMA the coin, is so successful that they added a new Unicode Char... K
Cheers everyone!!!, here's to the new Unicode character Cheesy

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:21:49 AM

10 X have been completed?
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:39:07 AM

10 X have been completed?

Yes, 5x now.
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:45:32 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 05:55:44 AM by cryptowho

"the community" makes the coin

Part A
At launch time, the dev team can make sure the coin launches and runs smoothly. Then push the coin and the technical part of it and adapt as new obstacles appear. The technicalities of running a good coin are limited to the block chain. This is the main importance of the devs.

Part B
To keep the block-chain running smoothly and effectively the coin and the dev needs its miners. The miner keep mining and solving the blocks and keeping the network secure.

Part C
To keep the miner happy , there needs to be a healthy community supporting them. There needs to be a dedicated community that ensures them that they will be compensate for their work by buying the coins from them at a good price. These dedicated members of the community are called investors. When investors buy these coin at a healthy price it keep the miner happy.

Part D
To keep keep the investors buying the coins at a healthy price the community needs to ......................??

A good coin has a community that has created multiple solutions to this part and are constantly creating more. A good coin has many follow up. A good coin with a good community continuous the chain as follows:

Part D   --------the road to success coin -------
To keep the investors buying the coins at a healthy price from the miner, the community provides the investors with reason that there will be continuous demand for these coins. The community shows the investors that people are building on top of this block-chain and soon people will use this coin as a mean to buy clothes, to buy electronics ,to buy services ,to buy food,to buy  games, donate to help, etc.

Part E    ---------- a successful coin ---------
The community has shown the investors that the usage of the coin will be unlimited and the community have provided more demand than the investors could provide. Thus Creating the virtual gold

Back to part D
This high demand of coins creates a reason for the investors to start offering more money to the miners to mine these coins

Back to part C
The high demand of coin causes a rise in prices. This higher rise in prices , not only keep the miners happy but creates a higher demand for mining work from other miners

Back to part B
This sudden rise of happy minners has created a more stronger and secure block-chain

Back to plan A
This stronger and bigger network create a bigger job for the dev to work on. To keep everything running smoothly the team of the dev needs to grow accordingly.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Daily reminder for anyone who can help Karma network out in order for us to grow a bigger , stronger and faster Part D

Step up and join us. All kinds of trades www.reddit.come/r/karmashares

C++
Web dev
Securities
Marketing
graphic designers

also send out a twitt or two anytime you get a chance

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
easteagle13

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:49:00 AM

"the community" makes the coin

Part A
At launch time, the dev team can make sure the coin launches and runs smoothly. Then push the coin and the technical part of it and adapt as new obstacles appear. The technicalities of running a good coin are limited to the block chain. This is the main importance of the devs.

Part B
To keep the block-chain running smoothly and effectively the coin and the dev needs its miners. The miner keep mining and solving the blocks and keeping the network secure.

Part C
To keep the miner happy , there needs to be a healthy community supporting them. There needs to be a dedicated community that ensures them that they will be compensate for their work by buying the coins from them at a good price. These dedicated members of the community are called investors. When investors buy these coin at a healthy price it keep the miner happy.

Part D
To keep keep the investors buying the coins at a healthy price the community needs to ......................??

A good coin has a community that has created multiple solutions to this part and are constantly creating more. A good coin has many follow up. A good coin with a good community continuous the chain as follows:

Part D   --------the road to success coin -------
To keep the investors buying the coins at a healthy price from the miner, the community provides the investors with reason that there will be continuous demand for these coins. The community shows the investors that people are building on top of this block-chain and soon people will use this coin as a mean to buy clothes, to buy electronics ,to buy services ,to buy food,to buy  games, donate to help, etc.

Part E    ---------- a successful coin ---------
The community has shown the investors that the usage of the coin will be unlimited and the community have provided more demand than the investors could provide. Thus Creating the virtual gold

Back to part D
This high demand of coins creates a reason for the investors to start offering more money to the miners to mine these coins

Back to part C
The high demand of coin causes a rise in prices. This higher rise in prices , not only keep the miners happy but creates a higher demand for mining work from other miners

Back to part B
This sudden rise of happy minners has created a more stronger and secure block-chain

Back to plan A
This stronger and bigger network create a bigger job for the dev to work on. To keep everything running smoothly the team of the dev needs to grow accordingly.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Daily reminder for anyone who can help Karma network out in order for us to grow a bigger , stronger and faster Part D

Step up and join us. All kinds of trades www.reddit.come/r/karmashares

C++
Web dev
Securities
Marketing           <<<<<<<<<<<<< throw me some
graphic designers <<<<<<<<<<<<< throw me some

also sent out a twitt or two anytime you get a chance

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:12:45 AM

I've been thinking about the scrypt algorithm, upcoming ASICS and their effect on small scrypt coins a lot lately. For those unaware (not all here are miners I asume), 2nd generation scrypt ASICS are about to become available and will change the game:
https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan has ~300MH/s, that's almost 200x the hashing power of today's most powerfull scrypt-mining-GPUs. Essentially one of these monsters has more power than any but the biggest GPU-farms out there and would suffice to dominate the network of any smaller scryptcoin (Doge/Litecoin might be resilient enough, but the rest?). Until hardware like this becomes widespread (which will take many months) a lot of coins will face some serious abuse from early owners of such hardware. We can also completely forget about "the little guy" mining Karma, it will be industral scale miners only (and guess what they'll do, dump the coin for BTC or the latest hip multipool-coin)...

I was previously against a change to PoS, but in face of this "threat" I see only three options:
  • ignore it and hope for the best
  • switch to PoS before the end of May
  • adopt a different algorithm, like X11 or Groestl (or even better - adopt Myriadcoins multi-algo system, that's a killer feature!)

Coin supply/limit should remain intact IMO, but adjust it so that the remaining coins get distributed over a longer period of time. I'm talking years, not months...

Opinions?

One Six

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:24:26 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 10:43:45 AM by One Six

Love this coin, Love the community and most importantly I love the devs - Absolute confidence in Kosmost and the team - Been investing in Crypto since October last year and these guys are the most professional and proactive devs I have see yet.  

By investing in Karmashares I'm choosing to let my crypto make money for me. I no longer sit there for hours on end trading, instead I just invest and get back to enjoying life free of the burden of day-trading!

One thing I learnt from buying Blackcoin at 2219 Satoshi was that the REAL winners are those who buy low and walk away. I may have profited but I would have made far more if I had just locked away those coins and not sold everytime I saw a big jump up in price because there is nothing worse than selling for a 50% ROI and thinking your having a great day only to continue watching the price go up from 3400 Sat (where I sold) to 86,000 Sat within the space of a few weeks in what could have been a life changer Sad

Be safe - Buy Karma now, understand that a conservative theoretical reach for this coin should be at the very least ~33 Satoshi (what Dogecoin was at during the most dire part of its existence when everyone couldn't get rid of it quick enough), and then lock that wallet up or invest it in Karmashares.

Stay active in the thread and community, monitor whats happening on the exchange, but tell yourself "I will not even consider selling a portion of my Karma until I see at least 33 Satoshi".

If you look at those who have made hundreds of thousands of US dollars in Crypto its usually the following story "I bought a few thousand Bitcoin back in 2011 and forgot about them thinking they were useless! Thankgod I didn't delete that wallet folder!" or "I bought 500 Million Mooncoin back when it was worth 25 Litoshi and sold it at 36 Sat the next day! :O"

You either get extremely lucky (the Mooncoin early adopters - even though it was a pump n dump) or you forget about the coin and come back later when its worth 100x what it was when you bought it.

Right now with Karma you have an opportunity to be an early adopter and by investing the coins in Karmashares you give yourself a real chance to make a huge, life changing return down the line.

The kicker is that unlike all the other scamcoins that have made it big - Karma has the infrastructure and the growing revenue streams to be a proper earner over a timeframe in excess of 1 year - greater than nearly all altcoins expected or realized life span.

Best of luck to everyone and hold onto those coins!

Liked. Well said.
KarmaTeam (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

I've been thinking about the scrypt algorithm, upcoming ASICS and their effect on small scrypt coins a lot lately. For those unaware (not all here are miners I asume), 2nd generation scrypt ASICS are about to become available and will change the game:
https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan has ~300MH/s, that's almost 200x the hashing power of today's most powerfull scrypt-mining-GPUs. Essentially one of these monsters has more power than any but the biggest GPU-farms out there and would suffice to dominate the network of any smaller scryptcoin (Doge/Litecoin might be resilient enough, but the rest?). Until hardware like this becomes widespread (which will take many months) a lot of coins will face some serious abuse from early owners of such hardware. We can also completely forget about "the little guy" mining Karma, it will be industral scale miners only (and guess what they'll do, dump the coin for BTC or the latest hip multipool-coin)...

I was previously against a change to PoS, but in face of this "threat" I see only three options:
  • adopt a different algorithm, like X11 or Groestl (or even better - adopt Myriadcoins multi-algo system, that's a killer feature!)

Coin supply/limit should remain intact IMO, but adjust it so that the remaining coins get distributed over a longer period of time. I'm talking years, not months...

Opinions?

We are thinking about that for weeks now.
We may go PoS soon... more details to come.
Thank you for this concern.
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:17:57 AM

Yes I know you are onto it, I have voiced my opinion in this argument a few times in the old thread. Smiley

I was just bringing this up for discussion again, since most talk has been about Karmashares lately (rightfully so). I just think changing to PoS is a bit cheesy these days, every 2nd coin is going that way. Who would have thought that half a year ago? Maybe its just a short lived trend, maybe its PoS finally establishing itself as a true competitor to PoW? I don't know.

TBH I just like the idea of miners securing the blockchain more than PoS. Miners have an IMO important role to play in crypto and completely taking them out of the picture puts a coin's fate purely into the hands of investor/speculators. That's why I brought up the algorithm change as a possible alternative...

vtbean79

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:35:22 AM

Does anyone know why I can't access my KarmaShares PDF file?  I think I did it correctly (used the same address as my deposit) but I get an error message when I try to access the PDF file...  Any help?
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:36:54 AM

Opinions?

KRAM must take POS. Preorderore machine behind 60M May 15 delivery. Support KRAM. 50M continue mining
easteagle13

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:03:32 PM

Does anyone know why I can't access my KarmaShares PDF file?  I think I did it correctly (used the same address as my deposit) but I get an error message when I try to access the PDF file...  Any help?

Here, I will try to help you:

Open your Karma wallet, look at the TRANSACTION DETAILS of the sent coin to karmashare,  look for something like this: TRANSACTION ID>>>>54c3d10bda74fd90fcd562562c94c003e8dda3aa1354f11af02a9b3902e4050c that is the detail that you have to look for here http://karmashares.com/explorer-v01

Then when you have found yours, you must copy that and change the detail of this link, the BOLD detail>>>>>>"to download the PDF for your confirmation paste the address in the link; e.g., http://karmashares.com/!points/KEiY1B5QQMv7RwL27T7FThkLjPWh21LrXS.pdf"

ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:14:40 PM

Here, I will try to help you:

Open your Karma wallet, look at the TRANSACTION DETAILS of the sent coin to karmashare,  look for something like this: TRANSACTION ID>>>>54c3d10bda74fd90fcd562562c94c003e8dda3aa1354f11af02a9b3902e4050c that is the detail that you have to look for here http://karmashares.com/explorer-v01

Then when you have found yours, you must copy that and change the detail of this link, the BOLD detail>>>>>>"to download the PDF for your confirmation paste the address in the link; e.g., http://karmashares.com/!points/KEiY1B5QQMv7RwL27T7FThkLjPWh21LrXS.pdf"

Wallet address pdf....we will have share explorer later on..

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: