Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:26:42 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 11:21:03 AM by ShawnLeary

To reduce the impact of whales on the Karma market I'm looking to do off market buy/sell trades of at least 200 million Karma up to 1 billion Karma. To make the risk worthwhile I am looking to buy below current market prices and sell above them. Please PM me the price in LTC or BTC, the amount, the number of individual transfers you would like to do and a date range and time frame you would like the exchange to take place in.

I will not send Karma, LTC or BTC to anyone first. For your peace of mind (since this is my first post on this forum) I will break down the trade to a minimum amount of 20 million Karma per transfer. To clarify, that means you must do at least 10 transfers of 20 million Karma to meet the 200 million minimum. I will not trade with you again if you do not reach the 200 million minimum. I will increase the minimum to 50 million per transfer after people start to vouch for my credibility for transfers where they have done more than 50 million in a single transfer.

I will not use a broker no matter how reputable or good looking they are. If the public in general is sufficiently concerned with my lack of history I may consider forwarding funds to somebody with more reputation than I have so they can act guarantor up to a certain limit, at least in the short term.

I will act as a broker for 20 million Karma (for LTC or BTC transactions only). I will want all funds from both parties before transferring any to either party. If you want to split the transaction into more separate transfers then it is 10 million Karma per subsequent transfer. There are brokers that will do these trades for you at a far cheaper prices than I’m willing to.

Regards,

Chargin.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, get the f out of here.  Thanks.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:31:52 AM

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
deamon

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

yes!?

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

I will want all funds from both parties before transferring any to either party.

neither here nor there

ryannguyen18

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:37:31 AM

To reduce the impact of whales on the Karma market I'm looking to do off market buy/sell trades of at least 200 million Karma up to 1 billion Karma. To make the risk worthwhile I am looking to buy below current market prices and sell above them. Please PM me the price in LTC or BTC, the amount, the number of individual transfers you would like to do and a date range and time frame you would like the exchange to take place in.

I will not send Karma, LTC or BTC to anyone first. For your peace of mind (since this is my first post on this forum) I will break down the trade to a minimum amount of 20 million Karma per transfer. To clarify, that means you must do at least 10 transfers of 20 million Karma to meet the 200 million minimum. I will not trade with you again if you do not reach the 200 million minimum. I will increase the minimum to 50 million per transfer after people start to vouch for my credibility for transfers where they have done more than 50 million in a single transfer.

I will not use a broker no matter how reputable or good looking they are. If the public in general is sufficiently concerned with my lack of history I may consider forwarding funds to somebody with more reputation than I have so they can act guarantor up to a certain limit, at least in the short term.

I will act as a broker for 20 million Karma (for LTC or BTC transactions only). I will want all funds from both parties before transferring any to either party. If you want to split the transaction into more separate transfers then it is 10 million Karma per subsequent transfer. There are brokers that will do these trades for you at a far cheaper prices than I’m willing to.

Regards,

Chargin.

scam..be aware everyone, buy karma on exchanges is safety...never send your karma first no matter what...

Bitcoin - 1NCmJ3hXLywaRHTsnm17rGkaJbjtbiKxZW
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:48:58 AM

Really like those mockups, looking good kosmost.

Markets are quiet today. Not much going on. Converted some MYR profits to LTC, might buy some more KARM today.

Thanks, but most probably don't believe in the concept until they see it for themselves

or even think that krazy kosmost can have a beta ready in 4 weeks Smiley

4 weeks is very ambitious, looking forward to it. My advice, though I'm pretty sure by now you don't need it, would be to keep it simple and really focus on the basics. Stability, good usabilty and easy to understand and use core functionality are really more important IMO than a boatload of features. Nail search first, then Karma integration - then roll out the Google-killer later... Wink

Any news on the coin adjustments/changes?

You mean with PoS?
Yeah that, or any coin/code news really. Back before Karmashares I remember you saying the announcment would follow shortly, but now its been two weeks. Just getting anxious to learn what Karmateam has brewing for us I guess...

+1 +1 to that. And here is the high-res version of the video for signing message for Karmashares LLC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6qOAGYAXE&feature=youtu.be please set the playback quality at 1080, full screen.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:55:44 AM

Regards,

Chargin.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, get the fuck out of here.  Thanks.

You want to buy karma for less than the market price and sell it for more...you say that like its a benefit to the other person.. If you want to buy millions of karma you can buy them on mintpal. Unless you want to deliberately rip people off by paying less than you would have to pay by purchasing karma the legitimate way, in which case I agree with Shawn.
CatKiwi

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:14:03 AM

Markets are quiet today. Not much going on. Converted some MYR profits to LTC, might buy some more KARM today.

Thanks, but most probably don't believe in the concept until they see it for themselves

4 weeks is very ambitious, looking forward to it. My advice, though I'm pretty sure by now you don't need it, would be to keep it simple and really focus on the basics. Stability, good usabilty and easy to understand and use core functionality are really more important IMO than a boatload of features. Nail search first, then Karma integration - then roll out the Google-killer later... Wink

You mean with PoS?
Yeah that, or any coin/code news really. Back before Karmashares I remember you saying the announcment would follow shortly, but now its been two weeks. Just getting anxious to learn what Karmateam has brewing for us I guess...

+1 +1 to that. And here is the high-res version of the video for signing message for Karmashares LLC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6qOAGYAXE&feature=youtu.be please set the playback quality at 1080, full screen.

No 4K?? What the shit!

haha jk, awesome job Smiley
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:32:00 AM

You mean with PoS?

No 4K?? What the shit!

haha jk, awesome job Smiley

Thanks.. ;P

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:03:31 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 12:35:02 PM by Chargin

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, get the f[edited] out of here.  Thanks.

Lol, ok guys, stress less. I wanted to gauge reactions without getting somebody to second me. I thought comments would be mostly negative however I'm surprised how aggressive this response is especially given your role in KarmaShares. I will find somebody to back me up and get back to you. In the interim please restrain from screaming scam.

CatKiwi that is to my benefit. The benefit to the other person is if they are selling 500 million Karma (for example) out of billions, that may cause an intimidating price ceiling rather than a sell order the market can complete in a timely manner. I myself hold large amounts of Karma and if I sell a large amount I wouldn't want to dump it on the market because it would impact on the value of my remaining Karma. A similar concept applies if you want to buy a large amount of Karma, you will push the price up while you are buying, potentially paying more in total than you would if you bought from me, also like I've said it may destabilise the market by causing a price increase while your additional demand is there, which may lead to a subsequent crash as soon as the additional demand is removed.

Regards,

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
Matheltu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:36:17 AM

Regards,

Chargin.

So you own billions of alt coins, act very knowledgeable about the market itself, and you just registered for this forum 4 days ago? I wont immediately say you are a scammer....but that seems fishy to me and most likely everyone else who use this site. It is one of the most used forums when dealing with cryptocurrency, yet you have an account that is 4 days old? Sorry bro, but i dont buy it.
CatKiwi

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:41:42 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, get the f[edited] out of here.  Thanks.

Lol, ok guys, stress less. I wanted to gauge reactions without getting somebody to second me. I thought comments would be mostly negative however I'm surprised how aggressive this response is especially given your role in KarmaShares. I will find somebody to back me up and get back to you. In the interim please restrain from screaming scam.

CatKiwi that is to my benefit. The benefit to the other person is if they are selling 500 million Karma (for example) out of billions, that may cause an intimidating price ceiling rather than a sell order the market can complete in a timely manner. I myself hold billions of Karma and if I sell a large amount I wouldn't want to dump it on the market because it would impact on the value of my remaining Karma. A similar concept applies if you want to buy a large amount of Karma, you will push the price up while you are buying, potentially paying more in total than you would if you bought from me, also like I've said it may destabilise the market by causing a price increase while your additional demand is there, which may lead to a subsequent crash as soon as the additional demand is removed.

Regards,

Chargin.

I do not believe you are being truthful so I will not get into a back and fourth.

I sincerely doubt you hold "billions of Karma" but if you can prove it to everyone here I would be inclined to have another look at what you are saying.
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:46:11 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 04:16:13 AM by bcd

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, get the f[edited] out of here.  Thanks.

CatKiwi that is to my benefit. The benefit to the other person is if they are selling 500 million Karma (for example) out of billions, that may cause an intimidating price ceiling rather than a sell order the market can complete in a timely manner. I myself hold billions of Karma and if I sell a large amount I wouldn't want to dump it on the market because it would impact on the value of my remaining Karma. A similar concept applies if you want to buy a large amount of Karma, you will push the price up while you are buying, potentially paying more in total than you would if you bought from me, also like I've said it may destabilise the market by causing a price increase while your additional demand is there, which may lead to a subsequent crash as soon as the additional demand is removed.

Regards,

Chargin.

You remind me of the guy with nick "CoinThinker"...maybe you are the same person. He was running a Ponzi for Leaf coin.

Guys, I am seeing too much smiley's in the thread. So please.

Karma @ 41 litoshi is cheap given the mining difficulty.
CatKiwi

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:53:00 AM

Regards,

Chargin.

You remind me of the guy with nick "CoinThinker"...maybe you are the same person. He was running a Ponzi for Leaf coin.

Guys, I am seeing too much smiley's in the thread.

Karma @ 41 litoshi is cheap given the mining difficulty.

I'd wager 9 in 10 cryptotraders either don't know Karma is still around or know of it at all. The volume is low in my opinion simply because people for the most part haven't noticed us yet. We really need to get the message out because once that quantum period ends it will be very hard for average joe traders to get a meaningful piece of Karamshares. The whole point of these point multipliers is to make it more appealing to early adopters and let the little man have a bite before the big boys come and devour the rest of the cake.

The mining difficulty could be 14 and it would still be roughly around the same price - people just aren't aware yet.

cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:25:47 AM

Yes. more people should have a chance to get a slice of our karma. Its still relatively cheap to buy and somewhat easy to mine a few millions.

Also make sure you all check out reddit. there a lot more activity there : )

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:51:10 AM

Share Points List updated

http://karmashares.com/explorer-v01

7,965,624,430.63 coins out for shares. Not bad mr. kosmost, not bad at all. Karma corporation is still growing rapidly. I am surprised that so much Karma still exist for trading on exchanges. When search engine lill come into production, the price will meet world snooker champion name - The Rockeeeeet.

This is kind of the quiet period now. Plenty of time for everyone to carefully consider what is happening with Karma now and to position themselves appropriately.

May 11 and afterwards will be a different story, however.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:40:06 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 05:55:32 AM by kosmost

You mean with PoS?

Thank you for your good suggestions.

Yes, 4 weeks is very ambitious, generally-speaking. I suppose even 3 months would be ambitious for such a project, for most teams.

For PoS we have not finalized our decision at this time but are waiting to see the effects of PoC and also considering the parameters and implementation of PoS carefully. Such a transition as ours to PoS has not been done before (to our knowledge) so we want to be sure to maximize its success (i.e., not fu$# it up).

We're not just considering the next couple of months for Karma, but far beyond. This isn't some coin that you day trade and dump when it gets as high as Snoop Lion. We imagine a day when Karma is used in all kinds of situations. That is what cryptocurrencies are meant to be: alternative currencies. So instead of just doing something for short-term benefit we are also thinking long-term. We must balance long-term requirements (if we are to be a true alternative currency) with short-term needs (number of coins). We don't want to get to a point where our market cap is $225 million and we need to change the parameters again because we don't have enough coins to make for a healthy economy.

If even 1 of our projects over the next 3-5 years is successful, those 60+ billion coins will dry up really fast. Think about it. Most big investors will not even consider investing in a cryptocurrency. But a legal entity tied to a cryptocurrency that works like a startup incubator? These are firms that think nothing of throwing $25 million at companies that make colorful web buttons. And our market cap now is far less than $1 million. Once we are known as a sound investment that offers a lifetime of passive income, you'll never look at Karma the same way again.

Imagine the public had a chance to buy shares of YCombinator, the company that funded Reddit, Scribd, Xobni, Omgpop, Dropbox, Disqus, Heroku, Airbnb, Hipmunk, Rap Genius, Coinbase, and many more. This is not a big company. It's basically 1 guy (Paul Graham) and a team dedicated to doing awesome stuff.  Take a look at some of those names to realize that more than one is worth over $1 billion now. When those founders first came in YCombinator's door those projects were nothing.

Now imagine there was a YCombicoin that anyone could buy into to be an owner of YCombinator. Not just venture capital firms and accredited investors, but any member of the public in any country around the world can own a piece of this awesome company by buying just $1 worth of YCombicoin. How many millions of people would want to buy just $1? Or spring for $100, or even $1,000? And then China gets wind of what we're up to? That's a whole lot of new wallets, and a tremendous opportunity for Karma to be used in a ton of places around the world. And then all these people realized that they can own YCombinator for the rest of their lives, and will benefit from any profits and sales. What kind of market cap do you think YCombicoin would have? We're talking tens of billions, not tens of millions. Bitcoin would not offer much in comparison. Resources would shift from Bitcoin to YCombicoin.

And then YCombicoin also had a plan to be used as an alternative currency, marketed to transactions of the Good economy (tipping, sharing, microloans, donations, microtransactions, etc). So now everyone wants to trade in YCombicoin because they realize how valuable it could be. At any moment YCombinator could come out with another Airbnb. "Dammit, I better start accepting YCombicoin in my shop!"

So now you have a triple whammy: 1) everyone wants YCombicoin, and can buy lots of coins for just $1; 2) lots of new people use the YCombicoin wallet, further expanding the economy; 3) the higher it goes up the more their stash of 8 billion coins is worth, allowing them to hire full-time developers and make lots more things that will increase the value of YCombicoin

So now millions+ of people around the world are scrambling for 92 billion coins, several billion of which don't exist yet. I personally know a couple of people who would love to snap up more coins than you can imagine once the search engine shows some momentum, or even Hireplex or Wespond, or something else that we're working on. And Karma is still relatively unheard of, and an unknown in the tech world. Imagine if there's just 1 small mention of us in Wired or the WSJ? We have not begun to realize our value in the marketplace right now, and that is a very good thing for investors and their returns.

With Karmashares, people will not want to sell Karma. But we still have to be sure there are enough coins to go around. That's what we're thinking about now.

All of a sudden the number of available coins isn't in the billions anymore. And people that were talking about dumping when we hit 10 or 20 satoshi re-think the situation and realize this isn't your average coin. "Maybe holding onto this coin is a better idea." times a thousand. All it takes is for 10-15% of the actors in the marketplace to snap up shares for the price to really spike, causing a stampede.

But we also want to make for a good economy. This means having more than enough coins for everyone. So while 92 billion possible coins may look like a lot now, it isn't as much as you think with such a low market cap. Again, Karma is not like any other coin out there.

For example, when our search engine is released our market cap will likely be under $400,000. A few hundred thousand for any search engine that has a community behind it is an absolute steal in an industry where just 1% of the market is worth a cool $1,000,000,000. Smart investors will realize this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And then sell walls will be eaten up left and right, because even at a $5MM market cap it would still be tremendously undervalued.

If there are any economists in the audience who would like to run models of various scenarios please speak up Smiley But anything a coin does in regards to changing their parameters is just guesswork. For example, thousands of people invested in Mintcoin thinking that the price will go up after the minting period begins. It was "obvious" that the economy would increase to probably 99% of Mintcoin enthusiasts. We don't wish to make such assumptions. Especially when the success of the first few weeks of Karmashares has changed the nature of the game.

There was more than one person who thought that we'd never make it above 1 satoshi again once we dropped into the abyss of single-digit litoshis. "It's never been done before. Karmacoin is dead!"

We are not your average coin.

We are re-writing the rules of the game, and going where no coin has gone before. We're like the USS Starship Enterprise trekking to a new galaxy. We can move quickly because we're so damn excited to get there and reap the rewards or we can ensure our continued survival by moving carefully into this strange new unchartered territory. With a good crew like Jean-Luc, Number 1, Data, commander Warfwarf, and others also making observations and careful considerations you guys can be sure you've picked the right ship and we're less likely to crash into some invisible force field that we didn't see coming because we're the first ones there.

Go Karma!

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

I must apologize for our excitement sometimes. We are certainly passionate about Karma Smiley

We've seen our share of scammers and people with ill-intentions (in more ways than we'd care to relay here), so please excuse us if we are a little suspicious as to motives.

Everyone, I encourage you to keep an open mind about posters here. I would also encourage you to look at my words and actions, to get a sense for my own intentions.

Please also refrain from colorful metaphors that are not qualified with reasonable anchors.

For example:

"That is some stupid shit!" = bad karma

Better karma =

Cameron: "Jeeves! I do believe the nature of Caroline's arrival is most impertinent!"
Jeeves: "Yes, Sir. It would appear that it is of the 'stupid shit' variety."
Cameron: "Agreed"

Best karma = monk-like

DannyTom

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:07:42 AM

As with all altcoins, Karma spends too much time being discussed only in altcoin forums.  Needs more mass media marketing.  At the moment, very few people know of any coin other than bitcoin, and the majority still don't even understand bitcoin.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
spitfire1337

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:14:08 AM

I must apologize for our excitement sometimes. We are certainly passionate about Karma Smiley

We've seen our share of scammers and people with ill-intentions (in more ways than we'd care to relay here), so please excuse us if we are a little suspicious as to motives.

Everyone, I encourage you to keep an open mind about posters here. I would also encourage you to look at my words and actions, to get a sense for my own intentions.

Please also refrain from colorful metaphors that are not qualified with reasonable anchors.

For example:

"That is some stupid shit!" = bad karma

Better karma =

Cameron: "Jeeves! I do believe the nature of Caroline's arrival is most impertinent!"
Jeeves: "Yes, Sir. It would appear that it is of the 'stupid shit' variety."
Cameron: "Agreed"

Best karma = monk-like

lmao @ the "'stupid shit' variety"
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 05:15:18 AM

As with all altcoins, Karma spends too much time being discussed only in altcoin forums.  Needs more mass media marketing.  At the moment, very few people know of any coin other than bitcoin, and the majority still don't even understand bitcoin.

Agreed. What do you recommend?

After May 11 I think we'll do more of that. Better to be a bit quiet now, to give our community a chance to have as much ownership as possible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: