Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:12:01 PM

The following two "Vision" posts are why I'm invested in KARM for the long haul ..

[snips]

It's a pleasure! And thanks for the re-posts. Amazing it was only about 5 weeks ago.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

The following two "Vision" posts are why I'm invested in KARM for the long haul ..

======
Post #677
======

Thank you for your good suggestions.

Yes, 4 weeks is very ambitious, generally-speaking. I suppose even 3 months would be ambitious for such a project, for most teams.

For PoS we have not finalized our decision at this time but are waiting to see the effects of PoC and also considering the parameters and implementation of PoS carefully. Such a transition as ours to PoS has not been done before (to our knowledge) so we want to be sure to maximize its success (i.e., not fu$# it up).

We're not just considering the next couple of months for Karma, but far beyond. This isn't some coin that you day trade and dump when it gets as high as Snoop Lion. We imagine a day when Karma is used in all kinds of situations. That is what cryptocurrencies are meant to be: alternative currencies. So instead of just doing something for short-term benefit we are also thinking long-term. We must balance long-term requirements (if we are to be a true alternative currency) with short-term needs (number of coins). We don't want to get to a point where our market cap is $225 million and we need to change the parameters again because we don't have enough coins to make for a healthy economy.

If even 1 of our projects over the next 3-5 years is successful, those 60+ billion coins will dry up really fast. Think about it. Most big investors will not even consider investing in a cryptocurrency. But a legal entity tied to a cryptocurrency that works like a startup incubator? These are firms that think nothing of throwing $25 million at companies that make colorful web buttons. And our market cap now is far less than $1 million. Once we are known as a sound investment that offers a lifetime of passive income, you'll never look at Karma the same way again.

Imagine the public had a chance to buy shares of YCombinator, the company that funded Reddit, Scribd, Xobni, Omgpop, Dropbox, Disqus, Heroku, Airbnb, Hipmunk, Rap Genius, Coinbase, and many more. This is not a big company. It's basically 1 guy (Paul Graham) and a team dedicated to doing awesome stuff.  Take a look at some of those names to realize that more than one is worth over $1 billion now. When those founders first came in YCombinator's door those projects were nothing.

Now imagine there was a YCombicoin that anyone could buy into to be an owner of YCombinator. Not just venture capital firms and accredited investors, but any member of the public in any country around the world can own a piece of this awesome company by buying just $1 worth of YCombicoin. How many millions of people would want to buy just $1? Or spring for $100, or even $1,000? And then China gets wind of what we're up to? That's a whole lot of new wallets, and a tremendous opportunity for Karma to be used in a ton of places around the world. And then all these people realized that they can own YCombinator for the rest of their lives, and will benefit from any profits and sales. What kind of market cap do you think YCombicoin would have? We're talking tens of billions, not tens of millions. Bitcoin would not offer much in comparison. Resources would shift from Bitcoin to YCombicoin.

And then YCombicoin also had a plan to be used as an alternative currency, marketed to transactions of the Good economy (tipping, sharing, microloans, donations, microtransactions, etc). So now everyone wants to trade in YCombicoin because they realize how valuable it could be. At any moment YCombinator could come out with another Airbnb. "Dammit, I better start accepting YCombicoin in my shop!"

So now you have a triple whammy: 1) everyone wants YCombicoin, and can buy lots of coins for just $1; 2) lots of new people use the YCombicoin wallet, further expanding the economy; 3) the higher it goes up the more their stash of 8 billion coins is worth, allowing them to hire full-time developers and make lots more things that will increase the value of YCombicoin

So now millions+ of people around the world are scrambling for 92 billion coins, several billion of which don't exist yet. I personally know a couple of people who would love to snap up more coins than you can imagine once the search engine shows some momentum, or even Hireplex or Wespond, or something else that we're working on. And Karma is still relatively unheard of, and an unknown in the tech world. Imagine if there's just 1 small mention of us in Wired or the WSJ? We have not begun to realize our value in the marketplace right now, and that is a very good thing for investors and their returns.

With Karmashares, people will not want to sell Karma. But we still have to be sure there are enough coins to go around. That's what we're thinking about now.

All of a sudden the number of available coins isn't in the billions anymore. And people that were talking about dumping when we hit 10 or 20 satoshi re-think the situation and realize this isn't your average coin. "Maybe holding onto this coin is a better idea." times a thousand. All it takes is for 10-15% of the actors in the marketplace to snap up shares for the price to really spike, causing a stampede.

But we also want to make for a good economy. This means having more than enough coins for everyone. So while 92 billion possible coins may look like a lot now, it isn't as much as you think with such a low market cap. Again, Karma is not like any other coin out there.

For example, when our search engine is released our market cap will likely be under $400,000. A few hundred thousand for any search engine that has a community behind it is an absolute steal in an industry where just 1% of the market is worth a cool $1,000,000,000. Smart investors will realize this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And then sell walls will be eaten up left and right, because even at a $5MM market cap it would still be tremendously undervalued.

If there are any economists in the audience who would like to run models of various scenarios please speak up Smiley But anything a coin does in regards to changing their parameters is just guesswork. For example, thousands of people invested in Mintcoin thinking that the price will go up after the minting period begins. It was "obvious" that the economy would increase to probably 99% of Mintcoin enthusiasts. We don't wish to make such assumptions. Especially when the success of the first few weeks of Karmashares has changed the nature of the game.

There was more than one person who thought that we'd never make it above 1 satoshi again once we dropped into the abyss of single-digit litoshis. "It's never been done before. Karmacoin is dead!"

We are not your average coin.

We are re-writing the rules of the game, and going where no coin has gone before. We're like the USS Starship Enterprise trekking to a new galaxy. We can move quickly because we're so damn excited to get there and reap the rewards or we can ensure our continued survival by moving carefully into this strange new unchartered territory. With a good crew like Jean-Luc, Number 1, Data, commander Warfwarf, and others also making observations and careful considerations you guys can be sure you've picked the right ship and we're less likely to crash into some invisible force field that we didn't see coming because we're the first ones there.

Go Karma!

=======
Post #1313
=======

A good currency will be backed by something of value. The USD used to be backed by gold. Now it's backed by a promise from the US government and the fact that it's the de facto world currency. Its value now comes from the government's ability to enforce the dollar standard through diplomacy and military might, and confidence in the present and future economy.

Bitcoin is backed by confidence in its blockchain and the promise of a brighter future because it's the leader in the industry. In this way it mirrors the USD and has a "military" made up by the investors, developers, and companies supporting it.

The great majority of cryptocoins are not backed by anything. They rise in value from irrational exuberance in the marketplace.

Karma is unlike all other coins in that it is backed by something of value. "Karmashares" is our gold mine. There is no limit to the amount of value in this mine. The only limit is our imagination and our willingness to venture inside and discover the value. (It could be argued that NXT, NEM, and other similar coins are backed by the commodities/equities on their asset exchanges. However, the legality of such coins is questionable. Further, Karmashares will own all of its assets outright.)

But let's put it in context of US history.

The American Revolution and Karma's Place in History

Cryptocurrency is like the US economy before the US Constitution. We were first dependent on Bitcoin (the British) and their monetary instruments. The American Revolution changed that, but worthless paper money was still being used in the colonies.

Each colony is like a coin and prints their own money. The time now is like the birth of the US Constitution, with Karma. We are establishing standards and setting guidelines. Other coins do not care about such things because they do not plan for a real future. The future might and power of the new "United States of America" wasn't obvious then and it isn't obvious now. The founding fathers had foresight.

But what Karmashares is doing is "bringing the colonies together" in a different way. The model that we are building will facilitate exponential growth and expansion of Karma once we have some momentum.

There is a war going on now in the industry, whether or not it is called such. The war is Bitcoin vs. all other coins. We started out peaceably, as any new pilgrims do. But once the vast resources, wealth, and opportunity of this new industry are realized colonies (coins) began to declare independence from the motherland.

Regulation, consolidation, and surrender (and death) of coins is coming in 2014 and 2015. It is already starting to happen. Casualties abound. And colored coins, merged mining, contracts, and other inventions will swallow up remaining altcoins like there's no tomorrow. Few coins will survive this. I'm not saying these are bad things. Innovation is good. But what side of innovation will you be on? Will your next coin be a colored coin inside of Bitcoin (the British)? A contract inside of Ethereum (the French)? Perhaps you'll just be an asset on the exchange of another coin (stateless Welsh or Sikh). Maybe you'll survive by giving up your power and merging your mining with someone stronger (an alliance) or sacrifice your independence for security (colonization).

Karma is adding value to its coin through Karmashares in order to be at the forefront of these changes. The coin landscape is not obvious now, but it will be. When billions are pouring into Bitcoin via the new equities on US markets (possibly followed by other markets such as China, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc) it will become very obvious that cryptocurrency is going mainstream.

Once Karmashares takes off the devs of other coins will flock to us from their worthless coins and want to do iPOCOs of their own. Then you will see the true power of Karma backed by the value that Karmashares has built up over the months.

So, in my opinion, the only coins that will survive are the British (Bitcoin) and the United States of America (Karma). There will be other coins under the influence of both, but with our model we can actually become much stronger and more valuable than Bitcoin.

We are the only non-Bitcoin coin laying the foundation for our survival. It will be more obvious as time goes on, but only the foolish would be loading up on "colonial scripts" right now.

=====

This trip is just getting started ..
Thanks to all members of team KARMA ..

=====

Triff ..

Is praise. Agree with you. Li Ka-shing will hope fancy to. . . Grin
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

if your one of those that believe in the " buy on rumor sell on hype?" then i suggest you sign up for all services. Gotta be alert and not miss out any good news

make sure you sign up and read the project being developed in www.karmashares.com

sign up and use www.lill.com . try to do as many searches as you can. make it default website/search engine!

subscribe www.reddit.com/r/teamkarma & www.reddit.com/karmashares  for more karma news and sometimes giveaways

like the Karmafacebook group &  multicointip app group where tipping is being done

Come chat in IRC #karmacoin

doesnt mater if your a owner/trader/miner    .you should be signed up to all this sites. be alerted of anything new faster
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:11:26 PM

Any one here inside a group trading in China?

Who do they think about Karma coin?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:24:34 PM

actually if you are a redditor , please take a second and subscribe if you have not. it would make me feel appreciated as we struggle to keep you all updated
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:48:39 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 02:00:20 AM by Chargin

I think we should request Mintpal hold off on opening the Bitcoin market for 2 weeks, until the next block halving (well the next block thirding) in 10 days. Hopefully the block thirding will put us at over 5 satoshi (breaking the sell wall at 300 LTC). I can imagine a 5 satoshi sell wall forming on the Bitcoin market to match the sell wall at 300 LTC.  Roll Eyes I can also imagine a 5 BTC buy wall forming which would cause the price to go insane, however I'd prefer to be cautious.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:53:50 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 03:15:01 AM by cryptowho

Any one here inside a group trading in China?

What do they think about Karma coin?

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:23:35 AM

How fast could we get a decent wallet in the same league as SilkCoin up and running? Is there anyone with the ability to make such a thing?
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:00:46 AM

I think we should request Mintpal hold off on opening the Bitcoin market for 2 weeks, until the next block halving (well the next block thirding) in 10 days. Hopefully the block thirding will put us at over 5 satoshi (breaking the sell wall at 300 LTC). I can imagine a 5 satoshi sell wall forming on the Bitcoin market to match the sell wall at 300 LTC.  Roll Eyes I can also imagine a 5 BTC buy wall forming which would cause the price to go insane, however I'd prefer to be cautious.

Chargin.

Chargin you yourself pointed out the risks of having such a rapid drop in block reward just a few days ago.
surely it must have occurred to you that if this coin does not move to BTC market before the block reward dropping to 1/3 it may very well not be able to do so in the short term.

block reward halving can only have one of two outcomes.. either the price rises to match the new reward structure or the hash rate drops.
this effect is likely to be amplified since the reward is dropping down to 1/3

I'm curious.. have you decided to throw away all of your concerns simply because of the price rise in recent days?

I for one am happy to see more fresh faces in the community and healthy prices but this level of price growth (more than 100% every few days) is not sustainable.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:21:59 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 07:02:27 AM by CatKiwi

If Mintcoin - similar number of coins to us - Can hold 8 Satoshi with a dev who dumped the premine and a dead duck community then we sure as hell can! This coin is an absolute gold mine at these prices. An even better medium term investment than Bitcoin in my opinion. Far more likely to see this increase 1000% than Bitcoin in the space of 6 months to a year.

EDIT: Looks like we are due for another jump in price - probably creating a new stable floor around 250 I'd say.

Chargin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:24:34 AM

Chargin.

Chargin you yourself pointed out the risks of having such a rapid drop in block reward just a few days ago.
surely it must have occurred to you that if this coin does not move to BTC market before the block reward dropping to 1/3 it may very well not be able to do so in the short term.

block reward halving can only have one of two outcomes.. either the price rises to match the new reward structure or the hash rate drops.

I'm curious.. have you decided to throw away all of your concerns simply because of the price rise in recent days?

I for one am happy to see more fresh faces in the community and healthy prices but this level of price growth (more than 100% every few days) is not sustainable.

I don't think an attack is imminent, it is more likely to occur after the next block halving than this one.

Why do you believe Karma needs to move to the Bitcoin market before the block reward halving? I think moving there will hold prices at 300 satoshi (or less) because people are more likely to be waiting to sell Karma than to buy given prices have gone up recently and have shown signs of going up for a week (ie people waiting to buy would have went to the trouble to convert to LTC). All the buyers have bought in while prices were going up. Now they are waiting for the Bitcoin market to open to sell back into Bitcoin. We need to wait until the price truly stabalises, that can't happen with a block reward halving happening soon.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:17:48 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 11:34:44 AM by Alphi

Chargin.

I don't think an attack is imminent, it is more likely to occur after the next block halving than this one.

Why do you believe Karma needs to move to the Bitcoin market before the block reward halving?

put it this way... if Mintpal opens a BTC market before reward halving then it is guaranteed to happen because we are already sitting well above 140 litoshi.
if a significant drop in hash rate occurs and causes a downward correction in the price then you may not see that BTC market for a long time.

now hash rate alone does not dictate the price of a PoW coin but it does form the basis of many peoples views on how strong a coin is both in terms of security and community participation.
and it is with those views that they make trading decisions on whether to buy or sell.

I'm simply saying that it is clear that people want the opening of the BTC market. That is one of the main factors that caused this recent rally to happen. So with that in mind it is better to give the people what they want than to risk them not getting it if the market rally loses momentum. (which it appears to be doing)

personally I don't really care if it moves to BTC or not. In the long run it will have little effect on the price even though recently it appears to have caused some nice short term volatility for traders like myself.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:43:12 AM

Chargin.

Why do you believe Karma needs to move to the Bitcoin market before the block reward halving?

put it this way... if Mintpal opens a BTC market before reward halving then it is guaranteed to happen because we are already sitting well above 140 litoshi.
if a significant drop in hash rate occurs and causes a downward correction in the price then you may not see that BTC market for a long time.

now hash rate alone does not dictate the price of a PoW coin but it does form the basis of many peoples views on how strong a coin is both in terms of security and community participation.
and it is with those views that they make trading decisions on whether to buy or sell.

I'm simply saying that it is clear that people want the opening of the BTC market. That is one of the main factors that caused this recent rally to happen. So with that in mind it is better to give the people what they want than to risk them not getting it if the market rally loses momentum. (which it appears to be doing)

personally I don't really care if it moves to BTC or not. In the long run it will have little effect on the price even though recently it appears to have caused some nice short term volatility for traders like myself.

Fully agree. It must happen before the block thirding. We saw what happened to Doge. Every one predicted a price increase on that first block halving - instead nethash dropped by 60% and the price dropped hard. It doesnt have the effect some people here seem to think.  

We must strike while the iron is it - while KARM is still on the front page of Mintpal, still in the view of everyday traders. Once that volume dies down it is going to be EXTREMELY hard to get that BTC pairing. We need to unlock the market from the 300 Litoshi whale and the other manipulators.

If we can spread the coins out over the LTC and BTC market - and BTC markets have a lot more traders with much more to trade with - then we break the absolute power of these people pushing the price lower and lower with 20 litecoin sell walls every couple of Litoshi. Much harder to hold a market down when you have to split your coins over BTC and LTC to do so, much greater risk of someone snapping your sell wall up too.

Just having the announcement from MINTPAL saying "Congrats Karmacoin! KARM/BTC pairing now up again!" will bring new people and more importantly new bitcoin to the market.
Chargin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:09:45 PM

Chargin.

Fully agree. It must happen before the block thirding. We saw what happened to Doge. Every one predicted a price increase on that first block halving - instead nethash dropped by 60% and the price dropped hard. It doesnt have the effect some people here seem to think.  

We must strike while the iron is it - while KARM is still on the front page of Mintpal, still in the view of everyday traders. Once that volume dies down it is going to be EXTREMELY hard to get that BTC pairing. We need to unlock the market from the 300 Litoshi whale and the other manipulators.

If we can spread the coins out over the LTC and BTC market - and BTC markets have a lot more traders with much more to trade with - then we break the absolute power of these people pushing the price lower and lower with 20 litecoin sell walls every couple of Litoshi. Much harder to hold a market down when you have to split your coins over BTC and LTC to do so, much greater risk of someone snapping your sell wall up too.

Just having the announcement from MINTPAL saying "Congrats Karmacoin! KARM/BTC pairing now up again!" will bring new people and more importantly new bitcoin to the market.

Hmm...well you two seem more sure than me so lets do it then. Tongue

luqas0891

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:29:08 PM

Welcome
we were able to produce T-shirts with the logo of Karma far only white photo of a black t-shirt I'll be able to post tomorrow afternoon

http://pow.home.pl/pw/karma_tshrit1.jpg

http://pow.home.pl/pw/karma_thisrt2.jpg

What do you think if the price $ 18 plus a free mug with the logo of the karma coin is good?
Technology is the print plus annealing which is very durable and does not destroy after 3 washes
Is 10% of each sold in the goal to help promote Karma coin is sufficient suggestion?
Payment of course only in Karma coin Smiley

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 01:48:40 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 02:16:06 PM by kosmost

Welcome
we were able to produce T-shirts with the logo of Karma far only white photo of a black t-shirt I'll be able to post tomorrow afternoon

What do you think if the price $ 18 plus a free mug with the logo of the karma coin is good?
Technology is the print plus annealing which is very durable and does not destroy after 3 washes
Is 10% of each sold in the goal to help promote Karma coin is sufficient suggestion?
Payment of course only in Karma coin Smiley

Nice. But if you need the one with just "Karma" let me know. I have only a PNG file but it should be good enough.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:13:23 PM

Where is everyone??
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:39:38 PM

Weekend + Woldcup = Silent coin communities. Smiley

BTW luqas0891, awesome shirt. The price seems very fair!

AGcrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:52:06 PM

Bah i should have bet on Italy they look strong, unlike my disgraceful Spain.
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:16:53 AM

Anyone able to make a permanent sports betting website where we can bet on the result of Rugby, Soccer, Cricket etc. Matches ONLY in Karmacoin?

I reckon we should do that and then have a 1% fee on every bet to the person who built the site - forever.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: