Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:10:31 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 01:24:10 PM by socoban

Although I generally agree, a few points.

LILL.com as a domain is ABSOLUTELY worth $! Speaking as someone who has played around with buying and selling domains. When Kosmost announced it as our domain, I immediately looked it up and was trying to discern how he purchased it and price paid. I still don't know, yet it has been tied up for over a decade or longer if memory serves me. I would have paid $10,000 just a few years ago if I could have swung the funding....and that is coming from the finances of a lill fish like me. If it was placed on some of the large domain sales websites a few years back when I was somewhat involved, I would have had my ice cream cone and bike stolen (and ghost ridden) and been kicked to the curb with my $10,000 bid as REAL investors walked all over that ridiculous offer. I'm jealous, I would love to have owned that domain.

SNIP:
"people are moving from web to phones,"

although I will probably always see value in creating websites that are viewed/used on desktops/laptops, I do agree that phone search and apps are very interesting as they pertain to Karma.  And again, if this sale goes through, I think we should matriculate the brainstorming over to EyeQoo location based mobile shopping and using Karma coin for all matter of tipping, advertising/marketing, etc etc. This would be a two way use of Karma allowing store owner advertisers to receive and tip Karma to/from shoppers. We wold of course receive advertising fees  for store owners, etc. The list really goes on and is unexhaustible.

As such, let be clear on this:
The sale of LILL.com cannot in any way deter the prospects to developing EyeQoo.
I would love to hear from Kosmost that a contract...if it ever came to that...for the sale of LILL.com would include very clear details that KarmaShares is under no exclusion clause agreement as to deter us from developing EyeQoo if we so choose.

Btw, how many of you did research on how many search engine is on the market and how many of them is rewarded? So, even BING is rewarding users and it is not helping. Check: http://archive.kare11.com/news/article/931941/0/Two-search-engines-that-reward-you-for-surfing-the-internet-

Also this: http://www.cnet.com/news/swag-bucks-earn-rewards-for-searching-the-web/

And there are many many more. People don't be blind, Lill is not bringing anything new, there are already many search engines with rewards and big companies behind them. I can imagine browser toolbar, I can imagine it will bring million every year, but it is simply a dream. Toolbars are dying concept, people are moving from web to phones, it will be harder and harder to get marketshare on such market. Phones are closed, no way you can put your toolbar into mobile browser. Lill is nothing unique, the domain value is almost 0, it is just 4 letter without real visitors. I don't know the technology behind lill is, but If it was created in few months, it is not wort $1,2 million itself. Until now KARMA was just risky investment for me. If Karma sells Lill.com for $1,2 I will feel much more comfortable knowing, there are funds, results and smart people behind. Also If we reject the offer, count with huge sell-off. People do not want to be part of company, where greed and dreams destroy smart decisions. Selling is sure moon way, not selling is fast crash.

$10.000 vs. $1,2 million means nothing:)  Everything has some value, but compared to $1,2 million, it is nothing:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maurizio

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:16:13 PM

sell it and donate the 1.2$ mio for doing good.
           ▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:54:42 PM

While I am hearing both sides of the argument, I am still firmly in the sell now camp.

In time as a trader, as well as in life as a self employed developer I have learned one thing, take a good opportunity when you get it. I still have not mastered that lesson to be hoest. How many crypto-bags have you been holding already, because you waited selling coins too long, hoping for more profit?

I know it may seem tempting to hold on to Lill, and the good offer of 1.2 - 6.2 million $ sounds like confirmation we're onto something. But the path towards success is an incredibly hard one and there are many ways to fail along the way. And the capital this brings the LLC could be used for so many good things.

We've already got plenty of other promising iPOCOs that could finally get some good funding and such a success story would make sure we can attract more people to Karma, with maybe even better ideas. IMO a year from now chances are much higher we'd regret not selling, than the other way around.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Either way, incredible work by kosmost for getting Karmashares into this position in the first place. IMO it is his decision right now, as he did the lionshare of the work. Thanks man, you seriously rock!

mashac

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

It's a no brainer, sell it!!!
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:59:22 PM

Karmaward to Kosmost who is the heart and Soul of Karma

http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,487.0.html

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
blg425

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:14:02 PM

I guess it's time to buy some more KARMA!  Grin

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:21:13 PM

I guess it's time to buy some more KARMA!  Grin

PSSS, I am trying to buy as much as I can, do not pump the price fast:D
Mpare

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:23:00 PM

Ok guys. I'll give my 2 cents as well. I'm not a pro investor or anything else like other experienced and more educated fellows here. But things are simple. They always are. So we can all agree that both options have potentials. Lill.com is a great idea and may become a great project for Karma one day. It may even worth 10 or even 100 times the price now. But this is a long time from now and it's a possibility, not a sure thing. On the other hand selling it also has potentials. But it's potential + money + right now. And i think that potentials from selling it are bigger and better. Cause "right now" matters. It matters a lot. Bitcoin is so expensive cause it was the first. Litecoin was also the first altcoin which i strongly believe it would be a shitcoin if it was released now. So i tend to think that selling it would do more good for Karma now and longterm. After all, we have Kosmost and i bet he'll think of even greater things along the way! Smiley
Maurizio

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:03:07 PM

no joke

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:12:53 AM

I have a strong suspicion you are not a KarmaSHARE investor.

no joke
Maurizio

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:26:03 AM

no joke

more then 10 000 000 in my wallet more than 30days.
karma is doing good.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
BitTanker

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:28:08 AM

no joke

more then 10 000 000 in my wallet more than 30days.
karma is doing good.

485 000 000 in some addresses

Cheesy

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:37:50 AM

And this 10mio+ coins need to be stored in the wallet in 1 address? I got them in many addresses in one wallet..

Move them to 1 address.

That means I have to send the coins out from my wallet to an exchange and the back to my wallet....
Is not the best solution if they should be stored in the wallet without moving

as far as I understand it,
you do not have to send coins to an exchange if you want to move them to one address. you just create a new address and send your coins to that address from the wallet.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
parkkar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:38:21 AM

Welcome aboard Parkkar and thanks for your well thought out post. Beck? You bet. If you have any connections there, sure a lot of us would be interested hearing about it and what is on your mind.

Some ideas to increase brand awareness:

- Find Youtubers that you like and enjoy their videos/feel they provide a good vibe/message then find them on twitter and follow them. Then send them a few karma as a thank you for what they do via the tipbot. Since they typically have many followers, this could be a good entry point into spreading brand awareness.

- Find new-media outlets/people who have close ties to charities. For example, Glenn Beck works with MercuryOne.org which is a great charity. Regardless of politics, the work that that charity does is fantastic. He also has been talking to his audience about Bitcoin lately on his radio program/web site and he has about a combined 10 million radio listeners/internet tv viewers http://vimeo.com/95295818. I think we should consider reaching out as a community to these types of people/organizations because not only can we do something good but people like Beck have a direct line to large audiences of people thereby increasing exposure. It would be a win/win. I think for things like this we just need to contact them, explain what Karma is and let them know ahead of time of any pushes we plan for their charities. We can then request a brief mention on the radio/website after a successful charity push. I'd be more then happy to try to work with TheBlaze/MercuryOne on this - but I feel timing is important. We should do these types of campaigns when there is a consensus that we are "ready" and Karma is at a good place to do so (from a functionality standpoint, not price). I mean, if Doge can send the Jamaican bobsled team to the Olympics and get their logo on a Nascar, surely we can do some good charity work and get Karma out there!

I'm new to the Karma community but glad to be here. Just wanted to share my thoughts and get a feel from the gang and the devs if this is something we all would be interested in.

Regards!

Hi parkkar,

Glad you are aboard.  If you have not joined our forum please feel free to do so at:  http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php  

We encourage new points of view and these ideas could be posted in the Marketing/PR subforum there.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

pdogg147

Thanks for the welcome! No, I don't have any connections over at MecuryOne Studios... I'm just a fan of Becks and subscriber to The Blaze internet TV/radio. I figured since I'm passionate about both the blaze and karma that I wouldn't mind investing some time into trying to inform them of karma and any charity pushes we may propose doing for them. I'm an independent technology/business strategy consultant so I have a lot of experience in putting effective and polished proposals together. But with that said, if the plan is to have an official PR firm then we can let them handle communications - I'm just thinking if we wanted to move on something like this before we have such a firm on board.

I reached out to Glenn Beck and the MercuryOne charity on Twitter to let them know that we are considering doing charity pushes for good causes as well as to increase awareness of Karma. MercuryOne responded back and gave me an email address to speak in more detail. I emailed them to explain that since we are a community, we have to come to a consensus as to when we would do charity pushes, work out internal logistics, timing etc but that I just wanted to be proactive with them for planning purposes. I explained that this isn't necessarily a tomorrow thing but we wanted to open up a conversation. They seemed receptive and said to contact them again once we've made a determination as to what we want to do, how and when so their team can review.

So we're under no obligation to do this but we now have an open invite for further dialogue. Thoughts?

Great, charity work is really one of our original components in Karma vision and mission to properly coordinate this please send a PM to karmala, or karmakaguy which is our charities and causes moderator about this.

thank you very much for your initative! This is the Karma attitude we need. It is true that we are just at the beginning of our charity work and that we need to stabilize the price first. However, what we can do now is to establish connections and to formalize how we will execute charity in the future. I would like to encourage you to envision a way how Karma should approach this in the future. The community can discuss this and future thresholds of our development to start it! Please go on doing what you started and post updates in our forum workgroup: http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/board,20.0.html

Please be our contact to these groups and bring your vision to Karma!

Will do!  Smiley

I'm working on an iOS app and website release for a client so my schedule is tight for the next few days but once we launch I will be able to dedicate more time to this. I'll drop a link to the KarmaShares thread in here once I put some concepts and ideas together.

Regards!
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:41:52 AM

Can you believe what bittrex is announcing? https://bittrex.com/News

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.new#new

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Alphi

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:58:23 AM

this is probably a response to the mintpal hack

mintpal almost died on the weekend due to its lacking security.

exchanges are beginning to realize that the more coins they have the more doors they have for thieves to break in.

not only that but the actions of other exchanges can totally screw up their books even if they themselves don't get hacked...
in the case of the mintpal hack the vericoin blockchain was rolled back so all trades that happened at that time were voided. This would have created a headache for any exchange that was also trading VRC at that time.

so it makes sense that exchanges that do not have the resources to protect every coin wallet would begin delisting the ones that they feel aren't worth keeping.

don't take it personally.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
AGcrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:11:29 AM

X11 Update: We have been given an update by our dev. He is currently finalizing some work on an issue that he encounterd in testing and once complete we should be ready to move forward with our transition to X11. More information including the estimated transition date and block will be posted very soon.  We would like to thank you for your patience as we do all we can to ensure this transition goes as smoothly as possible.
Alphi

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:31:13 AM

X11 Update: We have been given an update by our dev. He is currently finalizing some work on an issue that he encounterd in testing and once complete we should be ready to move forward with our transition to X11. More information including the estimated transition date and block will be posted very soon.  We would like to thank you for your patience as we do all we can to ensure this transition goes as smoothly as possible.

good job.. currently it doesn't seem like there are any profitable X11 coins to mine.
if Karm can maintain a degree of profitability then it should be pretty easy to take a fair chunk of the X11 mining market share.

crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:39:07 AM

good job.. currently it doesn't seem like there are any profitable X11 coins to mine.
if Karm can maintain a degree of profitability then it should be pretty easy to take a fair chunk of the X11 mining market share.

How about URO or DRK ? Cheesy Cheesy

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Alphi

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:50:13 AM

X11 Update: We have been given an update by our dev. He is currently finalizing some work on an issue that he encounterd in testing and once complete we should be ready to move forward with our transition to X11. More information including the estimated transition date and block will be posted very soon.  We would like to thank you for your patience as we do all we can to ensure this transition goes as smoothly as possible.

How about URO or DRK ? Cheesy Cheesy

URO: im not so sure about there are lots of scam allegations against them..

DRK: it seems like I am getting less DRK coin than it costs me to mine them...
could just be my setup but I do have the latest X11 X13 miner which gives about 30%-50% better hash

im only mining DRK right now because its winter here and the mining rig is helping to heat up my room.. albiet slowly bcos X11 generates much less heat than Scrypt.

I haven't actually tried to mine every X11 coin but the mining calculators tell me I would lose money if I tried.

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: