Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:00:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:58:55 PM

Have you noticed that Karma code has been tested/reviewed and the result was "excellent"?
We are an Oasis in the desert of scamcoins in crypto.

http://karmawire.net/karma-oasis-desert-scam-coins/

Hiro really did well. Again, someone who is in contact with him please thank him. 

+1

+1000
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

With X11 new era begun for Karma. If you don`t remember scrypt algo was the last thing remained from the dark times. Now, they are way behind. I can`t wait to read the whitepaper about Automatic Checkpointing + Time Warp Limitation + NGW. So curious to find out will they be implemented at one or different stages. And can`t wait to read about all the features they will bring. So excited!
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:00:03 PM

With X11 new era begun for Karma. If you don`t remember scrypt algo was the last thing remained from the dark times. Now, they are way behind. I can`t wait to read the whitepaper about Automatic Checkpointing + Time Warp Limitation + NGW. So curious to find out will they be implemented at one or different stages. And can`t wait to read about all the features they will bring. So excited!

This is going to be some real good work.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

https://bx.in.th/

thai exchange.  they deserve Karma in there!! : )
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 08:43:08 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 09:00:18 PM by kosmost

OMG, this soft is prehistorical:(
You are taking up precious space and air. Please kill yourself.

Why does it need 16GB ram?  Bitcoin insight API + bitcoind client requires only 2GB ram as minimum + 80 GB HDD (40GB blockchain + 40 gb DB for insight api).
HAHAHAA good fucking luck getting anything semi-interactive out of that setup... You want to sort through a 40GB LevelDB database using 2GB ram... LOL. You crack me up, maybe you should stick around a little longer. We need some comedic relief here.

Please refer to the Karma and Karmashares Code of Ethics and Conduct at http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php?topic=391.msg1887#msg1887 if you have not already.

You would do well to edit your post. It's bad karma.

Although you are not a member of the team, others in the community look up to you that way for the work you have done for Karma. It is very much appreciated but does not entitle us to be disrespectful to others by telling them to go kill themselves.

If I threw a fit every time someone commented that Lill was primitive I would have died weeks ago of a heart attack. The fact is that no one else can do it, and no one else has put together a block explorer for Karma. I'm sure most of us here want you alive Smiley

thanks for your understanding.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 08:46:56 PM

If you feel you need to distance yourself from me, that is fine. I am done taking abuse from people that talk trash.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Altcoins! "Nowhere But Here and Hell is Abuse Guaranteed" (TM)

Daeben

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:08:53 AM

Is it just me...or did x11 just turn all gpu's into asics...just an observation  Smiley  Also I would just increase the saving innocence campaign, it's a good cause and/or start another, we should always have something to spend our karma on and i do mean karma, Bit coin is a good option too but this is about karma...is it not?
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:35:29 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 05:45:40 AM by Chargin

Should we suggest to mining profitability sites that they use LTC markets for profitability comparisons as the LTC market is almost always a more profitable place to sell Karma?

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:59:41 AM

ATTENTION PLEASE. I AM GIVING 1 000 000 (ONE MILLION) KARMA FOR OUR COMMUNITY MEMBER (NOT PART OF THE TEAM) WHO WILL ANNOUNCE BLOCK 255 000 HERE AND PROVE BY PICTURE THAT HE IS MINING ON BLOCK 270 000. SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FOLLOW THE BLOCKS AND THE THREAD, POST HERE SOMETHING LIKE "255 000 ARRIVED" AND AFTER 270 000 BLOCK YOU HAVE TO POST A PICTURE OF YOUR RIG MINING KARMA. THAT IS ALL. I SUGGEST SOMEONE FROM KARMATEAM TO BE ARBITER.

Until now the following Karmanions qualifies:
1. UrsaMajorisBeta
2. zxc003
3. tekke
4. altcoingood

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg8130784#msg8130784 UrsaMajorisBeta was the first to announce 255 000, so he/she is leading, but not winning yet. Now, you all have to provide clear prove by pictures that you are mining KARMA exactly on block 270 000. Happy mining.

GOT KARMA?

Reminder. A screenshot of your rigs mining on exactly 270 000 is needed. So, it is not too late to win this. Just hail X11 and continue mining KARMA.

AND ONE MORE THING. IF WE MANAGE TO HOLD ON ABOVE 8 SATOSHI BEFORE BLOCK 300 000 THERE WILL BE MORE CONTESTS BACKED UP BY ME!

Yay that sounds great! My rig has been.mining non stop since x11 started running. I'll be happy to provide all the necessary proof to claim that nice price Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:29:41 AM

Why does it need 16GB ram?  Bitcoin insight API + bitcoind client requires only 2GB ram as minimum + 80 GB HDD (40GB blockchain + 40 gb DB for insight api).
HAHAHAA good fucking luck getting anything semi-interactive out of that setup... You want to sort through a 40GB LevelDB database using 2GB ram... LOL. You crack me up, maybe you should stick around a little longer. We need some comedic relief here.

Please refer to the Karma and Karmashares Code of Ethics and Conduct at http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php?topic=391.msg1887#msg1887 if you have not already.

Although you are not a member of the team, others in the community look up to you that way for the work you have done for Karma. It is very much appreciated but does not entitle us to be disrespectful to others by telling them to go kill themselves.

If I threw a fit every time someone commented that Lill was primitive I would have died weeks ago of a heart attack. The fact is that no one else can do it, and no one else has put together a block explorer for Karma. I'm sure most of us here want you alive Smiley

Oh I think I understand. You don't want drama because you are terrified that if potential investors see any kind of "drama" in the bitcointalk thread, prices (and possibly the sky) will fall. That is simply not true. Investors care about...........wait for it................... PROFIT.

Since our infrastructure is in a working state and our source code is actively developed and we forked I only see good things ahead for karma, and I am sure investors will too.

Bitcointalk-thread is only to check if developers are active and are developing, not their personalities or anyone else's personality for that matter(!!!) (I don't even consider myself a karma-dev (hiro is the new dev, kcg was the old dev)).

Also I just want to underline that I am not throwing a fit, this guy was a jerk. I finally responded to him in his own language after he kept going.

I'll remind you that Linux is actively being developed has tons of investors that throw money after it and sometimes has very harsh language on its mailinglists.

I am just gonna quote the whole thing that led up to my outburst since you left it out, Kosmost. Out of the blue this guy posts this:
Karma blockain explorer is useless. Piece of shit. I can't search on it. I can only check total coins on address. I can't see transactions. Why is it that? How can I check all transactions on an address?
After that I offered him an lengthy explanation about various parts of the stack (webserver (apache/nginx)), db, vps, source-code and a link to the blockparser to which he replied:
This is all I have to say about this. He was abusive, I trolled back. No biggie.

Quote from: kosmost
Yeah well first of all I am not going to do that because I wrote it I should answer for it. Second of all you quoted the whole thing so it would be pointless Tongue

And please please please get the rich-list explorer up and running asap.
luqas0891

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:46:30 AM

tell me why block explorer don't work ??
it's really hard to work ??
i see you need php mysql good programer to do it
Bitock

Activity: 213

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:28:35 AM

Where I can get the source wallet for linux?
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:46:28 AM

altcoingood relax. I know you felt offended by socoban's posts. But telling someone to go kill himself is just not cool. Like never. You don't win arguments by lowering yourself to such standards. This is not about keeping this thread nice and clean for "investors", its about maintaining a certain standard in communicating with each other. And then accusing kosmost of only worrying about price? kosmost of all people?! Dude I don't know to begin, that's just wrong on so many levels!

Just cool off and take a step back. socoban was rude, maybe. But he didn't attack YOU, he attacked the explorer and called the software prehistoric. An appropriate reply would have been something like "Operating a block explorer is no walk in the park, why don't you show us you can do it better before mouthing off?" and be done with it.

Oh I think I understand. You don't want drama because you are terrified that if potential investors see any kind of "drama" in the bitcointalk thread, prices (and possibly the sky) will fall. That is simply not true. Investors care about...........wait for it................... PROFIT.

Since our infrastructure is in a working state and our source code is actively developed and we forked I only see good things ahead for karma, and I am sure investors will too.

Bitcointalk-thread is only to check if developers are active and are developing, not their personalities or anyone else's personality for that matter(!!!) (I don't even consider myself a karma-dev (hiro is the new dev, kcg was the old dev)).

Also I just want to underline that I am not throwing a fit, this guy was a jerk. I finally responded to him in his own language after he kept going.

I'll remind you that Linux is actively being developed has tons of investors that throw money after it and sometimes has very harsh language on its mailinglists.

I am just gonna quote the whole thing that led up to my outburst since you left it out, Kosmost. Out of the blue this guy posts this:
Karma blockain explorer is useless. Piece of shit. I can't search on it. I can only check total coins on address. I can't see transactions. Why is it that? How can I check all transactions on an address?
After that I offered him an lengthy explanation about various parts of the stack (webserver (apache/nginx)), db, vps, source-code and a link to the blockparser to which he replied:
This is all I have to say about this. He was abusive, I trolled back. No biggie.

Quote from: kosmost
Yeah well first of all I am not going to do that because I wrote it I should answer for it. Second of all you quoted the whole thing so it would be pointless Tongue

And please please please get the rich-list explorer up and running asap.

Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:55:50 AM

altcoingood relax. I know you felt offended by socoban's posts. But telling someone to go kill himself is just not cool. Like never. You don't win arguments by lowering yourself to such standards. This is not about keeping this thread nice and clean for "investors", its about maintaining a certain standard in communicating with each other. And then accusing kosmost of only worrying about price? kosmost of all people?! Dude I don't know to begin, that's just wrong on so many levels!

Just cool off and take a step back. socoban was rude, maybe. But he didn't attack YOU, he attacked the explorer and called the software prehistoric. An appropriate reply would have been something like "Operating a block explorer is no walk in the park, why don't you show us you can do it better before mouthing off?" and be done with it.

I agree.. whether you watch the price or not is not important.. what is important and what creates value for any community is how inviting and inclusive it is.
as for taking things personally.. shit happens.. its an online forum where anyone can say almost anything they want.. and there is also an ignore button if you don't like what someone is saying....

speaking of ignore buttons,  I haven't had to use the ignore button on anyone in this thread... unlike every other thread that I've been on.... so that's a good Karma..

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:27:38 AM

I am trying to configure working block explorer for KARM. I just need some help from KARMA devs. Bitcore settings require some connect info.

Here are the original BTC connection settings:
Code:

exports.livenet = {
  name: 'livenet',
  magic: hex('f9beb4d9'),
  addressVersion: 0x00,
  privKeyVersion: 128,
  P2SHVersion: 5,
  hkeyPublicVersion: 0x0488b21e,
  hkeyPrivateVersion: 0x0488ade4,
  genesisBlock: {
    hash: hex('6FE28C0AB6F1B372C1A6A246AE63F74F931E8365E15A089C68D6190000000000'),
    merkle_root: hex('3BA3EDFD7A7B12B27AC72C3E67768F617FC81BC3888A51323A9FB8AA4B1E5E4A'),
    height: 0,
    nonce: 2083236893,
    version: 1,
    prev_hash: buffertools.fill(new Buffer(32), 0),
    timestamp: 1231006505,
    bits: 486604799,
  },
  dnsSeeds: [
    'seed.bitcoin.sipa.be',
    'dnsseed.bluematt.me',
    'dnsseed.bitcoin.dashjr.org',
    'seed.bitcoinstats.com',
    'seed.bitnodes.io',
    'bitseed.xf2.org'
  ],
  defaultClientPort: 8333
};

I was able to get into about genesisBlock, using
Code:
karmad getblockhash 0
and than

Code:
karmad getblock dc935f33102a21435a19a8f2b2cc1d10ee439
{
    "hash" : "dc935f33102a21435a19a8f2b2cc1d10ee439d130d697a9b166b3ea6f424640b",
    "confirmations" : 259681,
    "size" : 269,
    "height" : 0,
    "version" : 1,
    "merkleroot" : "d4e9ef8707d3cf61aac80bf22b4de7b839b9ab635452a38063b264de02d6
    "tx" : [
        "d4e9ef8707d3cf61aac80bf22b4de7b839b9ab635452a38063b264de02d63354"
    ],
    "time" : 1391489837,
    "nonce" : 3954796,
    "bits" : "1e0ffff0",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "nextblockhash" : "8654267402e5b53ad5653f8c12ad30ac4157d76bada6d212de537e864
}

So I configured genesis block like:

Code:
 genesisBlock: {
    hash: hex('dc935f33102a21435a19a8f2b2cc1d10ee439d130d697a9b166b3ea6f424640b'),
    merkle_root: hex('d4e9ef8707d3cf61aac80bf22b4de7b839b9ab635452a38063b264de02d63354'),
    height: 0,
    nonce: 3954796,
    version: 1,
    prev_hash: buffertools.fill(new Buffer(32), 0),
    timestamp: 1391489837,
    bits:  504365040,
  }

But I do not know what values should be

Code:
magic: hex('f9beb4d9'),
  addressVersion: 0x00,
  privKeyVersion: 128,
  P2SHVersion: 5,
  hkeyPublicVersion: 0x0488b21e,
  hkeyPrivateVersion: 0x0488ade4,

I do not have time right now to check the whole KARM code. Fast googling told me that every coins has it different.

Thanks
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:11:37 AM

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:15:36 AM

Where I can get the source wallet for linux?

I used this source to compile my linux wallet yesterday.

https://github.com/karmateam/karma
Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:32:00 AM

Detailed/thorough article about Karma Ryan Nguyen tweeted:
http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/karmacoin/

The total score is lower than I would have expected although the site has a very tough rating system.

My thoughts on how to improve the categories the article reviews are below:

Involvement:
Just by posting to this thread you are being involved! Hopefully the Karma community will continue to grow which will increase involvement. Initiatives that spread the word about Karma will greatly help with these. There are currently several initiatives under way on the Karmashares forums which will help with this, one of which I have discussed again below.

Market Liquidity
The biggest thing dragging Karma down in total score is Market Liquidity.

Increasing usage/adoption in all forms will help with this, there are too many ways to do this to list, many of which are being worked on.

However,  a large contributing factor to this could be the granularity issue on the Bitcoin market which I believe could be greatly helped by implementing price per 1,000 Karma on Bitcoin markets. I will keep plugging away at this because I believe it is the most important thing for Karma's future, the sooner it is implemented the better.

Innovation
I think our innovation score should go up after we introduce the side chain but I think it is unlikely Karma will ever focus on innovation, nor does it need to.

Coins Source’s Outlook
I agree with the assessment regarding selling Lill.com as this would be huge, even if it were for any seven figure sum.

I think having a dedicated tipping app for Karma is the second most important thing for Karma's future, the sooner it is implemented the better. Please provide your thoughts in this thread:
http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,535.0/topicseen.html

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:55:50 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 12:12:23 PM by kosmost

[omitted]

I'm simply stating that you not tell members of our community to go kill themselves. It goes against what we stand for, obviously.

If you or someone else feels that it is the right thing to say to another member of the community (and not apologize and/or edit it to prove a point), then you or they are simply not a member of the Karma community and their posts are not welcome. That's bad Karma.

I'd personally rather focus on adding value to Karma not behaving like we're in 5th grade, so I'll leave it at that.

learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:27:34 PM

It is a fair review, even if I had scored higher (wouldn't we all Wink). They make some good points, but I think they are being a bit narrow minded in their innovation category. Seems like they are focusing only on technological innovations, which I will grant them are pretty limited for Karma until now (though there's some interesting stuff coming up).

But the real innovation in Karma lies in the Karmashares LLC and the IPOCOs, which have the potential to become a much more important innovation than any gimmicky anonymous/video/chat/message/coinmixing wallet integration can ever hope to be. Those are features that are mostly created to appeal to traders (in hope to encourage a whale to P'N'D the coin) and maybe hardcore enthusiasts. Only a few coins really focus on usability, new target audiences and future mass adoption, Karma is one of those. We'll see which kind of innovation really counts in the long run...

Detailed/thorough article about Karma Ryan Nguyen tweeted:
http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/karmacoin/

The total score is lower than I would have expected although the site has a very tough rating system.

My thoughts on how to improve the categories the article reviews are below:

Involvement:
Just by posting to this thread you are being involved! Hopefully the Karma community will continue to grow which will increase involvement. Initiatives that spread the word about Karma will greatly help with these. There are currently several initiatives under way on the Karmashares forums which will help with this, one of which I have discussed again below.

Market Liquidity
The biggest thing dragging Karma down in total score is Market Liquidity.

Increasing usage/adoption in all forms will help with this, there are too many ways to do this to list, many of which are being worked on.

However,  a large contributing factor to this could be the granularity issue on the Bitcoin market which I believe could be greatly helped by implementing price per 1,000 Karma on Bitcoin markets. I will keep plugging away at this because I believe it is the most important thing for Karma's future, the sooner it is implemented the better.

Innovation
I think our innovation score should go up after we introduce the side chain but I think it is unlikely Karma will ever focus on innovation, nor does it need to.

Coins Source’s Outlook
I agree with the assessment regarding selling Lill.com as this would be huge, even if it were for any seven figure sum.

I think having a dedicated tipping app for Karma is the second most important thing for Karma's future, the sooner it is implemented the better. Please provide your thoughts in this thread:
http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,535.0/topicseen.html

Chargin.

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: