Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:26:31 AM

I'm out of the boat, good luck guys.

You wanna share why you sold?  I don't like the current down trend but that's happening with all my alts right now.  I don't get why the $2.5 million offer didn't make the coin sky rocket but I'm willing to give that a bit longer.

Good luck!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:00:09 AM

I've asked Jay @ Mintpal via IRC his thoughts on pricing per 1,000 Karma and got shut down incredibly fast before I had chance to explain it. He said it would be too costly to implement.

I am planning on emailing support@cryptsy.com about the same.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:11:16 AM

Just giving a small update to the community:
The spanish translation of the webpage is completed by 40% so far. Keep up the great work guys!

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 05:22:18 AM

I've asked Jay @ Mintpal via IRC his thoughts on pricing per 1,000 Karma and got shut down incredibly fast before I had chance to explain it. He said it would be too costly to implement.

I am planning on emailing support@cryptsy.com about the same.

Chargin.

That doesn't make sense to me.  How hard could it possibly be.  Maybe when the Moolah transition is done you could ask again, since it will be different management.

Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:26:43 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 05:52:30 AM by Alphi

I'm out of the boat, good luck guys.

You wanna share why you sold?  I don't like the current down trend but that's happening with all my alts right now.  I don't get why the $2.5 million offer didn't make the coin sky rocket but I'm willing to give that a bit longer.

Good luck!

the first offer was rejected, now the market is in a downturn.
this combined with instability in Eastern Europe and the Middle east + fears over an ebola pandemic have just made people a little more hesitant to take risks.

the irony is that crypto is exactly where you want your money to be when shit hits the fan around the world because if stored right, crypto is the only money that can be accessed form anywhere and can't be taken from you.
I think this just demonstrates how many people still don't understand the real impact of the crypto currency revolution.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:41:51 AM

Sort of like I predicted a while ago (when we were still trading at >250 lit): if the offer is declined we'll retrace to 140 lit. Well, we're already close to that now and we have a second chance, but also even further to fall if nothing happens. Will we see < 100 lit Karma again soon?

Danbcf

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:49:27 AM

Just giving a small update to the community:
The spanish translation of the webpage is completed by 40% so far. Keep up the great work guys!

Great!! Good Job!!!
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 02:12:51 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 02:32:01 PM by kosmost

Sort of like I predicted a while ago (when we were still trading at >250 lit): if the offer is declined we'll retrace to 140 lit. Well, we're already close to that now and we have a second chance, but also even further to fall if nothing happens. Will we see < 100 lit Karma again soon?

Yeah, good thing that altcoin day traders aren't running Karma lol

We're playing the long game, and intend to be here in 5 years while 99% of other cryptocoins are dead.

Like I tell our team: other coins are playing checkers, while Karma is playing chess.

Want to see something interesting? Go here: https://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/ and go to "May 2014". See any familiar coins? Maybe one or two. Now there are so many coin launches a day these calendar sites can't even keep up. Altcoin money is spread very thinly these days. There is little growth because altcoins are going after the wrong market.

Even if Karma went to 1 litoshi and was no longer trading on exchanges it would still be around. Why? Because myself and 1 or 2 other members of the community and team will still be here, slowly building a foundation for the millions of users in our future. How can Karma exist without being on an exchange? tsk, tsk

We intend to go after the right market and thus create an actual economy for Karma, independent of exchanges.

It continues to amaze me how so many in the altcoin community think like day traders and SOES bandits.

Do you think people in the Philippines or Argentina will care what price Karma is trading at when they see how useful it can be for them? Hardly. They only care about utility and how it makes their lives better.

Karma is barely 6 months old, and people expect the world. 2,200% price growth in a couple of months? "Not good enough! We want such returns weekly!"

Please.. someone. Tell me if  you think the CEO and management of any successful publicly-listed company looks at their stock price every couple of hours (or more, like most of us here seem to do) *and* let price swings determine the future of their company.

What did Mark Zuckerberg do when Facebook stock was tanking and people were calling for his head? He took a long holiday with his new wife, because he knows how emotional and irrational markets can be.

Some see "the end of the world" in the tiniest speck of dust.

But when you're done losing money in scamcoins that won't be around in 5 weeks, we'll welcome you back.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:43:15 PM

Even if Karma went to 1 litoshi and was no longer trading on exchanges it would still be around. Why? Because myself and 1 or 2 other members of the community and team will still be here, slowly building a foundation for the millions of users in our future. How can Karma exist without being on an exchange? tsk, tsk

I'll still be around.. im in it for the long haul.. I may not have much to offer, because my fiat investments got absolutely slammed this past week but I'm looking forward to the day I can use crypto Like karma in a soup kitchen or at vending machines to feed myself if I ever end up losing the shirt off my back.

if you look at what is happening in Iraq now.. or what happened in 2008 when countless people lost their jobs and houses... that stuff could happen anywhere and if you ever end up out on your ass with nothing but whatever you can carry.. it will be nice to know that as long as you can access a computer or smart phone you can have access to some funds at least.

long live the revolution...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:30:18 PM

I'll still be around.. im in it for the long haul.. I may not have much to offer, because my fiat investments got absolutely slammed this past week but I'm looking forward to the day I can use crypto Like karma in a soup kitchen or at vending machines to feed myself if I ever end up losing the shirt off my back.

if you look at what is happening in Iraq now.. or what happened in 2008 when countless people lost their jobs and houses... that stuff could happen anywhere and if you ever end up out on your ass with nothing but whatever you can carry.. it will be nice to know that as long as you can access a computer or smart phone you can have access to some funds at least.

+1

it's true, alphi's been here since zero hour on this coin. just like me. believer of Karma.

I though we are past discussing prices. It is clear that a lot goes on into coins then just prices. Look at all the coins. they are all going into the red. That's what you get when you are over shadowed by bitcoin. Karma's vision in slowly growing to a lot of people. Just like us on the team, everyday we hear new people praising it and mentioning how "doing good" is a good cause. But we are also more swamped with people that are in it to make a quick BTC or two. This forum is filled with sharks. Listening in and trying to find a good rumor so they can buy low and sell high.

But that doesn't mater too much. As Kos said, we have seen all kinds of lows and we are not worried. As long as progress continues and karma's talent start to grow we are in the right path. If you share our vision you , we thank you and keep supporting. Also so you know, the team is not a cult. anyone is welcomed to join in and help us grow. team is made of people who decided to step in and help.

now back to prices. These prices are temporarily. As long as we continue in our path we will keep bringing successful news. I know for some people is hard to see karma moving from 1 satoshi to 10 satoshi or even 50 satoshi. i have seen this. i saw it in a few group of people when karma was at 10 litoshi. they were skeptic. then we happen to karma and karma blew to 40 litoshi. We lost those group of skeptics. probably had a sell wall at 20.you know to make a quick LTC or two. then came the new skeptic group. we will be drop at 30 litoshi they said. the team didn't bother to listen. we kept at it. next thing you know we got new level of support. people run to buy those cheap karmas. karma blew up and a new stead low floor at 70 litoshi. and we lost that group of speptic. my guess they placed a sell wall at 70 litoshi , you know . just to get a quick LTc or two. just like the previous waves. we stopped hearing from them. and of course we got a new wave. no way we breaking 80s litoshi. And of course as always, karma team just kept working, building infrastructures. soon enough not only did we give investors more reason to eat up all the 80s sell walls but we drove that to 200s. we lost a lot of skeptic in this run. Catwiki .. where are you ? Tongue  this time, before we got new wave of skeptic karma blew up to 600 ltcs. anyone remember that?  Tons of people lost their sell walls.

Here we are. the new wave of "traders" got your sell wall at 2 satoshi don't you? 5 satoshi. is that you? Gonna make a quick BTC or two won't you.. good luck Wink

Hope by now we don't need to point that we are still doing the same. improving what we have for karma. bit by bit

karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:58:14 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 09:57:50 PM by karmala

Karma gave me alot. For me it is a place to learn, dream and full of suprises. I dont watch movies anymore Wink It is more than just a potential monetary return. Its fun and good!

As I stated allready in the forum:

I will stay with Karma until some CEO taking over the company kicks me out because he needs a more competent moderator or until the last server is switched of (which will not happen as long as Kosmost is here with us as you might have read some posts earlier).

UrsaMajorisBeta, I have sent you some Karma which might bring you a bit further to your goal. Let me know if you cant reach the goal with your other activities. if not, I will send you more Wink I would also like to invite you to help me advertising our karmfund.me Saving Innocence fundraiser on the different channels. I noticed that it is absolutely necessary to repeat it from time to time. Maybe you are also active in some other forums. I am only on the Karma sites. We also accept bitcoin which would make it easier for the other coins to donate. I offer you 500,000 Karma for your help. The offer is specifically for you as you expressed and explained you stand towards Karma manytimes. Bounties did not prove to be sucessful in the past but you are a believer.

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
warfwarf

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:14:50 PM

+1

it's true, alphi's been here since zero hour on this coin. just like me. believer of Karma.

I though we are past discussing prices. It is clear that a lot goes on into coins then just prices. Look at all the coins. they are all going into the red. That's what you get when you are over shadowed by bitcoin. Karma's vision in slowly growing to a lot of people. Just like us on the team, everyday we hear new people praising it and mentioning how "doing good" is a good cause. But we are also more swamped with people that are in it to make a quick BTC or two. This forum is filled with sharks. Listening in and trying to find a good rumor so they can buy low and sell high.

But that doesn't mater too much. As Kos said, we have seen all kinds of lows and we are not worried. As long as progress continues and karma's talent start to grow we are in the right path. If you share our vision you , we thank you and keep supporting. Also so you know, the team is not a cult. anyone is welcomed to join in and help us grow. team is made of people who decided to step in and help.

now back to prices. These prices are temporarily. As long as we continue in our path we will keep bringing successful news. I know for some people is hard to see karma moving from 1 satoshi to 10 satoshi or even 50 satoshi. i have seen this. i saw it in a few group of people when karma was at 10 litoshi. they were skeptic. then we happen to karma and karma blew to 40 litoshi. We lost those group of skeptics. probably had a sell wall at 20.you know to make a quick LTC or two. then came the new skeptic group. we will be drop at 30 litoshi they said. the team didn't bother to listen. we kept at it. next thing you know we got new level of support. people run to buy those cheap karmas. karma blew up and a new stead low floor at 70 litoshi. and we lost that group of speptic. my guess they placed a sell wall at 70 litoshi , you know . just to get a quick LTc or two. just like the previous waves. we stopped hearing from them. and of course we got a new wave. no way we breaking 80s litoshi. And of course as always, karma team just kept working, building infrastructures. soon enough not only did we give investors more reason to eat up all the 80s sell walls but we drove that to 200s. we lost a lot of skeptic in this run. Catwiki .. where are you ? Tongue  this time, before we got new wave of skeptic karma blew up to 600 ltcs. anyone remember that?  Tons of people lost their sell walls.

Here we are. the new wave of "traders" got your sell wall at 2 satoshi don't you? 5 satoshi. is that you? Gonna make a quick BTC or two won't you.. good luck Wink

Hope by now we don't need to point that we are still doing the same. improving what we have for karma. bit by bit

I share with your vision and that of Kosmost's. Definitely, there are ups and downs to everything. Yes, there are downs if we constantly dwell on looking at the price, but ups if we try to find ways to add value to the coin. I just remembered as what you said that months ago, there are certain people who were really skeptics about Karma.. but eventually converted back to the Karma way, as the new idea of Karma slowly builds itself up and proves itself against the doubters. Yes, there are types of doubters: ones who want immediate miracles to consume their doubts, the ones who want to stay on until their doubts are gone, the ones who will doubt always and will live by it, and the ones who doubts, sheds it out and stops doubting at once. Karma can never dismiss them as they are there to prove our worth. And Karma, through its short history so far, is proud enough to tell them, "Thank you."

Believers of Karma need no evidence of successes to put themselves right before the ride. Believers have the faith-- no matter what, they will stand by Karma come what may, and will find ways to help increase the value. Then we ask ourselves: Am I a believer? How can I help? Yes, that vision is most important. But most, most important if we have people sharing that VISION TO SUCCEED. Go Karma!
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:59:13 PM

The impotence has a new name: KARM  Grin

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
karmala

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:01:06 PM

crocko, you only get it going if you sniff some profits right Wink

crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:17:13 PM

True, I am not a "believer". I am a rational person.
Right now there is no demand for this coin, that explain the low price.
In order to create demand, you must build an infrastructure around this coin. Make the coin usable by the people.(implement payment with KARM for online business, offer services like M-Pesa, offer bonuses in KARM for the employees if you have a company  and more)

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:21:58 PM

Yeah, good thing that altcoin day traders aren't running Karma lol

We're playing the long game, and intend to be here in 5 years while 99% of other cryptocoins are dead.

Like I tell our team: other coins are playing checkers, while Karma is playing chess.

Want to see something interesting? Go here: https://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/ and go to "May 2014". See any familiar coins? Maybe one or two. Now there are so many coin launches a day these calendar sites can't even keep up. Altcoin money is spread very thinly these days. There is little growth because altcoins are going after the wrong market.

We intend to go after the right market and thus create an actual economy for Karma, independent of exchanges.

It continues to amaze me how so many in the altcoin community think like day traders and SOES bandits.

Do you think people in the Philippines or Argentina will care what price Karma is trading at when they see how useful it can be for them? Hardly. They only care about utility and how it makes their lives better.

Karma is barely 6 months old, and people expect the world. 2,200% price growth in a couple of months? "Not good enough! We want such returns weekly!"

Please.. someone. Tell me if  you think the CEO and management of any successful publicly-listed company looks at their stock price every couple of hours (or more, like most of us here seem to do) *and* let price swings determine the future of their company.

What did Mark Zuckerberg do when Facebook stock was tanking and people were calling for his head? He took a long holiday with his new wife, because he knows how emotional and irrational markets can be.

Some see "the end of the world" in the tiniest speck of dust.

But when you're done losing money in scamcoins that won't be around in 5 weeks, we'll welcome you back.

Slow and steady wins the race.
LOL kosmost, sometimes you care too much. Believe me I do not enjoy that my prediction came true. I was going to add "Then I might have to start buying again.", but - as I currently have absolutely zero BTC to spend - I left it out simply because I couldn't. Would that have sounded better?

I know you hate people discussing price but relax, that's how this market and these forums works. Karma is traded on exchanges and you got to admit - right now trading is the primary usecase for Karma. Or can you name me a better one? We all want to change that yeah, but until that happens most people here are just trading coins. There's nothing bad about being a trader. That's how most of us got here in the first place. There would be no Karma and no community without that.

Look, I've purchased my first Karmacoin the day Mintpal opened. I've mined it for quite some time. I've registered on these boards because of it (even though it looks like you might prefer I hadn't Wink). I've bought all through our depression. I've sold some during the pumps, but not as much as I invested into Karmashares and less than I still hold. I am not going anywhere (except on vacation soon, yay!).

Peace my friend.

karmala

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

In order to create demand, you must build an infrastructure around this coin. Make the coin usable by the people.(implement payment with KARM for online business, offer services like M-Pesa, offer bonuses in KARM for the employees if you have a company  and more)

Thank your for your contribution and your innovative input..... Common, dont just troll here. Help a little crocko. You could donate some Karma or bitoin for our little fundraiser on http://karmafund.me/ or ask Kos for some tasks to fullfill.

karmala

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:37:12 PM

learminer, we are glad that you are part of the community. I also have learn not to stare at the exchanges and I know how that feels. We will just keep on. For me its the same. I wished I would have some more btc but I must wait until my phd is finished to get a higher salary.. few month only, luckily. Haha sometimes I wonder what is more important. Karma or the phd....

But, yeah. Kos is right. We will go a new direction with this payment token; into the real world where doing good is needed. We will build this independently of the altcoin craze if needed.

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:03:00 PM

all of which take a lot of time. If it was easy to do this we would have already done them as we only want to grow and grow.

but all of this do take time in real world. Question is "is karma trying to do this?"

Because when we do have all this. the price will not be at what it is now.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:27:19 AM

public offer to any coders here who would like to join in collaboration and brainstorming with other coders.

lets have fun while improving karma.

http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,577.msg3389.html#new

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: