Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:57:43 PM

Further, why wouldn't i receive 1/3 of the quarter if i only held the coins for 1/3 of the quarter

Thit is interesting question.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

Like I said you can choose, if you need the money convert your coins, it's yours anyway. The payment period for profit share will be made ASAP.

As for the profit share for a quarter, it is the way it is AS OF NOW which is under consideration of being changed later when the sale or non sale of lill.com is finished.

As can be read from kosmost post quoted before this post, LLC membership will be PAUSED from September 1, 2014 To accomodate changes that are being considered for implementation.

So the only requirement for a "member" to receive the quarter's profit share is to have held 10M and above for 30 days (AS OF UNTIL NOW).

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Bierworst

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:11:03 PM

Thank you, so, assume i would send 27 million ( 1/3 of my stash ) to karmashares llc right now. Can somebody make me an easy calculation what percentage of the PROFIT i would get for this quarter ( profit assuming there would be one)
Bierworst

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:12:11 PM

Furthermore, i believe in karma, im just a little bit old fashioned that i like to have control over my funds. I would not ditch karma just because i want money, i would only sell a small part if i need money.
jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:17:39 PM

Like I said you can choose, if you need the money convert your coins, it's yours anyway. The payment period for profit share will be made ASAP.

As for the profit share for a quarter, it is the way it is AS OF NOW which is under consideration of being changed later when the sale or non sale of lill.com is finished.

As can be read from kosmost post quoted before this post, LLC membership will be PAUSED from September 1, 2014 To accomodate changes that are being considered for implementation.

So the only requirement for a "member" to receive the quarter's profit share is to have held 10M and above for 30 days (AS OF UNTIL NOW).

I need suggestion here.

I haven't did anything to my karma coins. They are still in my local karmacoin wallet.

What would you suggest me?
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:29:46 PM

I need suggestion here.

I haven't did anything to my karma coins. They are still in my local karmacoin wallet.

What would you suggest me?

Please read the posts before this, think about them and choose the decision that is most convenient for your situation.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

Furthermore, i believe in karma, im just a little bit old fashioned that i like to have control over my funds. I would not ditch karma just because i want money, i would only sell a small part if i need money.

I felt the same. For me, it is also important to have some shares just for the feeling to be part of until the good or bad end of it Wink. Long-term vision in crypto is rare. Moreover, only as a shareholder you can vote!

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Bierworst

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:59:01 PM

I felt the same. For me, it is also important to have some shares just for the feeling to be part of until the good or bad end of it Wink. Long-term vision in crypto is rare. Moreover, only as a shareholder you can vote!

Exactly, but i feel it is important for me to know how big the chances are that there will be a sell of lill. If thats the case i will buy shares worth 27mil karm so i can fund my university books via this way. If there is no sell, it has little use for me to buy shares and i am forced to sell those 27 to 50 mill on the market. Which would give me far less money and which would not be good for the market.

Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:49:05 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 05:23:29 PM by Chargin

Ok, thank you for your answer. But where is confirmation of what you are saying here? Are you part of dev team? Or could Karma dev clarify the details of Karma-holders <-> Karma-shares?

What I've written is based on recent discussions held here http://karmashares.com/forums. I'm not part of the development team.

To clarify my answer:

As easteagle13 keeps advising the lead developer Kosmost said:

Quote from: Kosmost
It would be unfair to LLC members to announce a sale, then continue to offer membership during the quarter. Therefore, a solution must be found (quickly). One possible solution is to not announce until the beginning of September.

Anyone wishing to purchase Karma for profit participation would need to do so in August.

However, given this is buried in the middle of a 10 page thread I would not consider this policy, only an opinion on a problem with a proposed solution and the effects of the proposed solution. It has not been discussed thoroughly and has not been voted on. It is actually a very similar issue to "http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,567.0.html" and should not occur for the same logic used to veto it.

Also, it is actually at least 30 days holding to be eligible for up to 1x. If you held at least 10,000,000 Karma for at least 30 days I believe the Karmashares profit share equivalent is:
Karma*number of days Karma held in that quarter/number of days in the quarter/1,000

I don't have a reference for the above.

On a related note:
"Karma Story" by Chargin time, contains lateral thinking, ages 6 & up, italics added for excited emphasis on words:
20 monkeys are told apples may at some point allow them to receive an unknown amount of bananas which would be divided among all holders of apples. These apples are worth an unknown amount of bananas, nobody knows how many bananas the apples will be worth. All the monkeys have or can buy grapes with their bananas, they can also sell their grapes for bananas. The monkeys are told they can trade 100 grapes for 10 apples now or 100 grapes for 2 apples later. Like all monkeys, these monkeys really want the bananas. The monkeys have to decide if they should trade their grapes for a banana now or buy apples now for a chance to get lots of bananas later or hold onto their grapes to see what they can get for them later.

If all of a sudden there are 1,000 bananas to distribute among everyone with apples, what is better Karma?
1. That the rules change so that monkeys that didn't trade grapes for apples can't buy them any more (even at 1/5th the rate) because they didn't have enough faith in apples; or
2. They can trade their grapes into apples like they have always been told they can even though it means that people that have apples will get less bananas?

It's late. I don't have kids. I'm not calling anyone a monkey. First draft of story, needs work, apples should be for apple pie making business, not themed well enough, simplicity of concepts needs to be reviewed for target age, too wordy, apple pie making business run by what animal?

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:06:37 PM

http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,577.0.html

Remember. i am collecting a bunch of "coders" to do some brainstorming collaborating and work on projects to strengthen karma. Here is the forum post :

if you have any kind of coding skill. i am putting together a group of "devs" to start focusing on code work.

this is in the new private section "devs" that i asked kosmost to create and keep off to anyone outside. i am doing this to keep outside disturbance up until the group get familiarized with each other and a work flow has been created. then possible open a section and give access to the private team members here as well.

So at this time. Please message me if you would like to join our "brainstorming" group.

the only tiny requirements
any level dev/web skill
and minimum 5 minute check in every day.

again this is to start putting all the coder that are not doing the heavy work of karma right now.
i am also requiting outside people

so join us and lets see what we can come up with

Post here or PM me if you would like to join.

Do you have 5 minute for Karma?  Wink
Maurizio

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:56:10 PM

Its a little bit unlucky how it goes now.
Shareholders and also the coinholders are not sure anymore
who, how and if they will receive there cuts.
In my case I hold 40mio since months cause I thought it is a sure
cut if they pay out something to share and coin holders.
And i think many coins are not on the market cause of that and that means
holding is also one of the reasons why its not dumped to the buttom anymore.

Please devs clear it up so that we all know if its "worth" to hold. Ty

btw are you ready for the PND spectacel in a few hours Smiley
Karma and PND my both early adopter and long term coins.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
jaipagare

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:03:23 PM

To Karma Dev,

I am too confused as of what I am supposed to do? Should I hold my coins in local computer wallet, or should I convert it to Karma shares? Explain me why?
Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:20:38 PM

I don't understand the confusion....It has been explained time and time again...including a few times in the last few pages.  If you hold your coins you maintain control of them but only get 1000 to 1 Karmashares ration.  If you send any coins to Karmashares you receive 1000 to 1.75 share ratio.  The advantage of the first is holding your coins and being able to decide when you want to sell them or not.  The advantage of the second is that you get almost twice as many shares and twice as much revenue for the lifetime of Karmashares.  It also helps fund Karmashares which in turn increases its ability to generate profit as well as increasing the value of your coins.  Either way, holding or sending to Karmashares are better options than selling at this point. 

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
jaipagare

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:24:21 PM

I don't understand the confusion....It has been explained time and time again...including a few times in the last few pages.  If you hold your coins you maintain control of them but only get 1000 to 1 Karmashares ration.  If you send any coins to Karmashares you receive 1000 to 1.75 share ratio.  The advantage of the first is holding your coins and being able to decide when you want to sell them or not.  The advantage of the second is that you get almost twice as many shares and twice as much revenue for the lifetime of Karmashares.  It also helps fund Karmashares which in turn increases its ability to generate profit as well as increasing the value of your coins.  Either way, holding or sending to Karmashares are better options than selling at this point. 

Thanks,

What if I don't want to convert my karmacoin to Karmashares? No way, I am not planning to sell any of my karmacoins.
bondi

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:44:57 PM

Thanks,

What if I don't want to convert my karmacoin to Karmashares? No way, I am not planning to sell any of my karmacoins.

It was explained in the post before:

"If you hold your coins you maintain control of them but only get 1000 to 1 Karmashares ratio" meaning if you have 50million coins they are worth 50.000 shares...
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:45:15 PM

Thanks,

Then you dont do it. Its that simple. Nobody forces you to buy shares. Stick with your coins and enjoy it. Hopefully, every type of participant will benefit in the end. Thats at least our goal.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Bierworst

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:45:50 PM

How much is the block reward going down in 2.5 days
jaipagare

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:57:02 PM

Thanks,

"If you hold your coins you maintain control of them but only get 1000 to 1 Karmashares ratio" meaning if you have 50million coins they are worth 50.000 shares...

Thanks for explaning,

My sixth sense is telling me not to convert my karmacoins to karmashares preventing me hold rights till the time I wanted. Any suggestion?
ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:20:45 PM

I don't understand the confusion....It has been explained time and time again...including a few times in the last few pages.  If you hold your coins you maintain control of them but only get 1000 to 1 Karmashares ration.  If you send any coins to Karmashares you receive 1000 to 1.75 share ratio.  The advantage of the first is holding your coins and being able to decide when you want to sell them or not.  The advantage of the second is that you get almost twice as many shares and twice as much revenue for the lifetime of Karmashares.  It also helps fund Karmashares which in turn increases its ability to generate profit as well as increasing the value of your coins.  Either way, holding or sending to Karmashares are better options than selling at this point.  

Thanks,

They may worth 50.000 shares, but they ARE NOT 50.000 shares.
What the POC model (which can be terminated anytime soon) allows is coin holders to receive profit shares in a 1:1 ratio for the time they hold the coins, but not any karmashares!!!
The only way to get Karmashares is by exchanging coins for shares.
Also, only buying Karmashares gives you voting rights.
I repeat... the 1:1 model for holding coins does not give you any Karmashares! It only gives you part of the profits made by Karmashares while you were holding the coins.

So, if you believe Karma, then buying shares may be the best decision.
If not then just hold your coins for some time, and sell them when you think it is OK to sell.

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
bondi

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:23:57 PM

Thanks,

They may worth 50.000 shares, but they ARE NOT 50.000 shares.
What the POC model allows is coin holders to receive profit shares in a 1:1 ratio for the time they hold the coins, but not any karmashares!!!
The only way to get Karmashares is by exchanging coins for shares.

So, if you believe Karma, then buying shares may be the best decision.
If not then just hold your coins for some time, and sell them when you think it is OK to sell.

I know that...
Saudações
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: