Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:22:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
cptbjorn

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:58:59 PM

Wow what happened, I saw KARM crashed and my coins were refunded? I haven't been following this closely, did the shareholders vote to dissolve the llc?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:01:16 PM

Some people think to buy more cheap Karma...
mroyusa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 08:27:06 PM

All i know is that www.facebook.com/groups/karmacoin is still alive and tipping. Hopefully i can take over the site and update it soon. @kosmost, what was the price of the karmacoin trademark and what would it take to transfer it.
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

Hi all. Kosmost agreed to make the transition. For I don`t know how long I will have the technical ownership of the Karma. I will do my best to do it silently and smooth. What I am asking of you is to start looking for someone who is capable to deliver this coin to its next level. In my new temporary role I will not develop anything. My personal opinion of any coin is this:
1. Create a coin - some value. If it is a new algo - bigger value. If it is a new less power consuming algo - the better. (Karma have good X11 algo which is no innovation, but less power consuming)
2. Create awareness - not very difficult, but time consuming and valuable. (I think Karma is totally failing here. If we all make posts in twitter, Facebook, G+ and forums every day, the value will definitely raise. And this is value, not only the price. If more people are aware of Karma, the bigger will be the chance for somebody talented to come and do something valuable. So think about this like talent hunting program. Community work in Karma ecosystem is a clear failure)
3. Make technical innovation - very valuable and the effect on the price comes quickly, but not steady. (I don`t recall such think in Karma ecosystem. Maybe someday the sidechain will fulfill this gap, but I see this to far ahead)
4. Do real integration with other services, sites, merchants, etc. - very difficult, time consuming and not exactly returning steady value and effect on awareness and price. (I am not sure if Karma has such integration)
5. Build real projects - very difficult and time consuming (Several coins has this and the value is big. Karma still have one big project with good potential and someday maybe it will bring value)
6. Make coin to be taken as equal and even better than fiat. (No one did it. Karma is struggling to achieve this and maybe it will happen in several years).

The most important for me is the support that is coming from the community, but I see it slightly different than current team. I do not think that community should be constantly asked to do something that needs two much time, effort and skills. We saw that it is not working. It is also not working if everyone is sitting on his ... and counting on only one guy or few members to do it all. I see the community like many members who just do 2 - we all make posts in twitter, Facebook, G+ and forums every day, the value will definitely raise. And this is value, not only the price. If more people are aware of Karma, the bigger will be the chance for somebody talented to come and do something valuable. So think about this like talent hunting program. For the people who are with Karma like me from day 1 it is obvious that the best time for Karma was not the lill deal, but the times when people like BitTanker, cryptowho, Chargin, me, Easteagle, javijavier, warfwarf, Delaforetnoire and many others were out there to make their little part. From now on, or at least while I am in charge there will be no more promises, no more asking for help. If you want to do something, you are free to do it. Everyone is invited. Do not think of this as a new start, cause it isn`t. We are continuing from where we was yesterday, before you all go crazy for things that doesn`t really had any value. And with no reason. Closing the LLC? So what? This LLC doesn`t go well with SEC regulations. My proposal to the people after me is to reinstate PoC model and substitute with it the purpose of the LLC - you can check my proposal how to do it - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg8650222#msg8650222.
This must be said. Although I have no interest in Karma at this moment, I am really mad with all those people who were accusing kosmost or any other team member without doing anything for Karma. They don`t deserve it. Period. Please remember - I am not kosmost or Easteagle or cryptowho and I am not polite like them. From now on all accusations for Karma well being should be pointed at me, only me and no one else. If this wave of false accusations continue I will change the thread and this will continue as many times as needed until only reasonable people start to come here. Trolling will not be tolerated. If you don`t like something, you are free to change the coin.
For those who believed in Karma and still believe in it I will tell that nothing have really changed from yesterday. Just your mood. Karma is still healthy and trading. Again, nothing have changed since yesterday. Actually I am quite sure that many of you will come back and help in some way. Including Kos, East and cryptowho. And no project will be buried. It will just take more time. If you have any questions, please ask, but do it polite. No one here has any obligations to anyone. Everything in crypto is happening by the free will of people working together. It is up to us all to make it happen.

kosmost, please confirm this transition. Thank you for everything and good luck. I am sad and deeply regret that you are insulted by people that doesn`t do anything. Please reconsider and stay with Karma. And the most of all I regret I couldn`t buy you that vacation we have spoken of. I would definitely bring you to my country, the most beautiful place on Earth - Karmaland.
Nick70001

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:47:07 PM

I have read every one of these posts since LLC didn’t sell. Every word Kosmost has said is rational and well thought out. No one has answered his questions with evidence of scams etc etc. People seem to want to make lots of money without doing anything. How ridiculous these scam threats are. There is no intelligent reason someone would work for hundreds of hours building something then throw it all away for a few thousand dollars. This behavior from a large majority of the “community” shows how dreams of wealth fog rationality. I would like to publicly say thank you to Kosmost for all the work he has done. I bet if everyone here who has been criticizing him on a forum met him in person would act differently. Anonymity can bring out the worst in some.
Sorry that is my rant over.

Have a good day Karma people.

PS, it would be great if Kosmost stayed on in some capacity. I remember this coin at 10 latoshi with no future. Who built it up from there? (rhetorical question)
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:59:44 PM

I have read every one of these posts since LLC didn’t sell. Every word Kosmost has said is rational and well thought out. No one has answered his questions with evidence of scams etc etc. People seem to want to make lots of money without doing anything. How ridiculous these scam threats are. There is no intelligent reason someone would work for hundreds of hours building something then throw it all away for a few thousand dollars. This behavior from a large majority of the “community” shows how dreams of wealth fog rationality. I would like to publicly say thank you to Kosmost for all the work he has done. I bet if everyone here who has been criticizing him on a forum met him in person would act differently. Anonymity can bring out the worst in some.
Sorry that is my rant over.

Have a good day Karma people.

PS, it would be great if Kosmost stayed on in some capacity. I remember this coin at 10 latoshi with no future. Who built it up from there? (rhetorical question)

+1
toeshe

Activity: 219

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:01:33 PM

"Every word Kosmost has said is rational and well thought out. No one has answered his questions with evidence of scams etc etc:

many have asked for evidence for the sell... kosmost just turns the table. if he cant answer us why should we answer to him?
Nick70001

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

"Every word Kosmost has said is rational and well thought out. No one has answered his questions with evidence of scams etc etc:

many have asked for evidence for the sell... kosmost just turns the table. if he cant answer us why should we answer to him?

Innocent until proven guilty. He said he did not sell coins before the LLC announcement and he has constantly said he still owns his coins. There is no evidence to the contrary. If you asked me if I sold the coins and then I said no and told you I still own all my coins I am logically just as likely as Kosmost to be lying.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 09:15:35 PM

I have watched this coin / thread since its inception.

I'm struck by how much PASSION there is here.

As an outside observer (I hold no KARMA) -- it boggles the mind a bit that if some of you put 1/2 the energy you do into expanding your community -- by socializing the coin to potential users -vs- the back-biting you'd be so much further ahead.

You should be encouraging and helping your friends and family spin up wallets and send them coins to get them involved.

Find causes that matter to you and get them on board!

The largely ineffective attempts to PUMP this coin to each other amounts to little more than mental masturbation.

The fact that some of you think that by mining more of it that the price will rise just shows how inexperienced & naive you are.

Fundamentally you need to find buyers for your coins boys and girls.  You need a market.

Whatever "profit" you think you're going to derive from this must come from your own good efforts.

If the "business" you thought you were buying into could not articulate its sales and marketing plan or provide you with a set of audited financials -- then you've been duped.

At least with non-profits you always get to inspect the books....

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
toeshe

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:25:01 PM

Innocent until proven guilty.

that can work both ways correct?

i caught on to this couple months ago. it was clear to me something shady was going on,with many here going blindly almost cult like.Now the blinders came off and folks are pissed.tons and tons of hype and ZERO proof,karma could of had more value but the ZERO proof had to be factored in to the value.then add the i do no wrong attatude or better yet his actions are because of others actions,just doesnt cut it anymore
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:28:59 PM

Innocent until proven guilty. He said he did not sell coins before the LLC announcement and he has constantly said he still owns his coins. There is no evidence to the contrary. If you asked me if I sold the coins and then I said no and told you I still own all my coins I am logically just as likely as Kosmost to be lying.

There were 3 hypes based on lill.com sale offer. One pumped KARM to 380 Litoshi, second to 240 from 170, third to 150 from 110,  All pumps were based on fake news. No proof, nothing. I asked Kosmost many times to prove he got thay offer. He rejected to do it. He is suspicious of scaming people with fake news, manipulating market price on fake news and dumping on them on pumps especially on 31th of August. There was insider dumping, someone knew that deal was not gonna happen 1 day before. He dumped to 11 litooshi, such dump at that low price can happen only if dumper is 100% it is game ower. The dumper knew all facts. There was only one person who knew that fact, and that person is Kosmost. Sorry but Kosmost has never shown anything. There was 17billion KARM volume bought during 2 weeks before KarmaShares  were announced at 8-15 litoshi price. That one who bought at that price was selling that cheap KARM at 20-60 litoshi during next weeks. And the very same guy was dumping on us all the time especially on 31th of August.  Very simple calculation show that there were 50-100 BTC earned on that cool organized scam. Kosmost does not need to steal 8,5 bilion KARM from karmashares, they would be worth nothing after that steal. He just need to quit this scam without real life consequencies.
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:45:10 PM

Thanks for your contributions and good fortune and Karma to you.

Ok everybody,

I will make a long break from Karma communications. It was nice but does not feel comfortable anymore. Who or east, please leave a Karma address here such that I can transfer the donations for the saving innocence fundraiser. Feel free to contact me if you need advice on how to code the javascript on Karmafund.me. I will probably work silent in the background and slowly create a Karma app. Please try to get along with each other. I need a clear mind to finish my phd during the next months. It was an honor.

your KarmaKaguy
toeshe

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:30:51 PM

2 Questions

What is KARMA ?   a feeling?     luck?    something else ?

How do you get KARMA ?  charity?  helping others?   something else?

Layman terms please

P.S.  thought this a good place to ask
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:42:35 PM

The Vericoin Team Developers have just elected to have the VRC coin be included in the SuperNet being created by James alongside Dogecoin, Maxcoin, Darkcoin, BitcoinDark, Earthcoin, Startcoin, and LTC and BTC are in it (although I don't know the details how those last 2 became a part of the Supernet:

List lower down the page:
https://multigateway.org/

https://twitter.com/pnosker/status/509398608815611904
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8748394#msg8748394

WOW east, this is not something we just jump into based on one person's whims. There would have to be a lot of discussion with the community and further discussion with James. He has said so much that there will only be allowed a narrow, yet strong core of cryptocurrenices he is going to allow to be a part of that supernet syndicate, yet to my knowledge has not told us what the qualifying parameters are and will be necessary by those interested coins that want to be a part of and use the "services", etc of the Supernetwork.

James loosely goes into a bit of his thinking/musing on it here:
http://www.jl777.org/supernet/

I stand corrected, James has added more details:
http://www.jl777.org/supernet-information-for-prospective-volunteers/

Official website:
http://thesupernet.org/

More of a formalized "White Paper"
http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf
(I've personally yet to read through this and as such maybe Shawn has further insight as just how our relationship can benefit from being amongst the accepted member coins in the Supernet....as well as how Karma could help the Supernet (they help us....we help them...type of relationship).

Be that as it may, I think when the time comes that we have further details of the Karma roadmap we all brainstorm on further and loosely agree to, well maybe at that time we can more responsibly compare the benefits of association of Karma with the Supernet VS our 100% OWN Karma roadmap independent of any other coin or network.

Although I TRULY would like to see "Karma go it alone" and be the powerhouse coin I think it can become all on it's own withOUT networking with other coins, devs and networks, that doesn't preclude myself personally from being open minded to associations that could be a win win relationship for Karma coin.

Let us further investigate what James is orchestrating as the conductor of this "SuperNet" as well as iron out further details on our own coin's roadmap......and then compare the two and discern if their are more irreconcilable differences in partaking in the Supernetwork or if in fact we have more in common and should deeply consider the association.

Good Karma to everyone investing, mining, promoting, etc Karma!!

Yeah Shawn, I'm starting to see more and more positive buzz on this around the forums.
Thanks for contacting James as well as clarifying things with him several weeks ago (ahead of the cover you were).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346

This is the next evolution in crypto.  Please consider this for Karma's future survival.  That's all the time I have to just drop this here or I would explain more.  This is what I proposed back here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg8304198#msg8304198 It's now called SuperNET.

Bests!

SL

mouseman can you please do whatever is needed regarding this option for Karma?
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 01:05:17 AM

Several pages back, before it really hit the fan around here someone asked the members of the community to
throw a spare $1,$5, $ 10 whatever they could spare to buy karma and help support the coin.

I've been cashing in every minor high profit coin I can mine with my asics and throwing it at karma, as well as mining karma with my 2x4 gpu rig.
I''m also waiting on a small (over $100) btC purchase to hit my wallet so I can buy more.

My question is.....I'm just a little guy, but if a hundred or more of us did this.....it would surely have an impact and show the community this coin is bigger than any one person. also stabilize it so we can all have some time to make some decisions.

like Bo said......"Just Do It"

edit- man we get to 35 and some bozo slides 19 LtC in at 34 because he wants out.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:09:08 AM

jesus what a blood bath.

I am not mad at kosmost for shutting down the LLC the way he did. I am mad because he did it so close to the previous dump.

All the guy did was try to give it a shot. the damage is done now. The LLC is off.

I want karma to succeed more then i am said that my coins lost value. my coin have increased in value and have decreased in value in these past 6 months. I never blamed him.

If you all want kosmost to stay then voice your opinion soon before the rest of the people drive him away.

It was the same stressful behavior that reside for him to wanting to remove POC.

As it was clear from the get go. Everything would had to be %100 legal and %100 regulated. Mainly the reason we did not seek features like Annon or casino.dice games , lotteries etc.

I have had more conversation with him then anyone here and i never suspected him of trying to scam us. The only suspicious i had with him was how much he was spending on a whimp for karma services. Both time and $$.  Being that he said he did not own a lot of karmashareLLC, i always wondered why he was putting this effort. the only rational reason i could come up with at that time it was that he was doing all this is because he was bored and took Karma as an social experiment. fearing that as a rich person (well off), he would soon enough get bored and walk away.

But those thoughts started faiding away as everyday he kept coming back and doing more stuff. days become months and he was still here. trying to give all of us task to do. trying to organize us.

Everything was fine. Up until we saw the fiasco with SEC going after the dicegame IPO and arresting the founder. With news that SEC will start inspecting more IPOs and other offerings in.

Ever since then it has been pressuring times for kosmost. Soon enough people started talking about POC. Will POC be part of this? is POC worth it?

Behind the curtains, between talks with group members, i was one of them who told them to put POC and the share-explorer on hold. Why waste time and resources with the share explorer when we have no dividends to pay our karmanians.. We still aren't using karma for anything. lets focus on giving karma a reason to be used and see how to capitalize that. Then, when we are coming close to being able to collect revenue, we offer bounties to good devs and set these services up. At the same time i told them once having revenue we would be able to also pay for lawyers so we can reward the POC holders!

I could sense the worry of kosmost in our chats but he continued to work with us. I guess my speech of hiring legal help with the LLC coins comforted him enough to keep movign forward. . I am pretty sure he started spending some time privately looking it up, regardless.

Then out of the blue , Lill.com has had an offering! This is one of the things i could never understand why Kosmost did it. Why announce it when you would not provide any proof! (after he went public with it) I could tell from his chat comments that this was something he was proud! i still do not understand why he went public with it. I wished he never did. I wished we would never know all this. because i know how harsh this community is here.You dont release "possible" news.  Also people will try to sell on news. I always knew deep down inside he would never sell, but i had no say at all on what he would choose. The team never knew anything more then what he posted on the public. All we could see was his excitement and sense of profoundness. the team all learned what happened in those meeting the same way you all did.

I wish that offer never was released. I think kosmost thought he would be welcomed with happy applauds. Instead he got torn and chewed by angry investors. That is the problem i have with him. He sees karma as an end result and publicly states stuff he wants to do about it. And i would sit there and argue with him that people are going to use this news to trade on and they will be sour when they see that this will not be a short task but a long journey. I would irritate him, because to him its not about trading karma. He saw the bigger pictures. While he was right, and always been right,i couldn't stop bothering him and question his action. i was always worried that people miss intrepid his words. "This could have been handled better" has been one of the phrases i hunted him mostly.

He was mostly right to not care how investors took his moves , he needed to do things and tried to be as open to the public as possible. The problem is that people always misinterpret him. Kosmot has a way with words that people get enchanted. I mean it at one time it felt like the moment kosmost made a post , there were 5 Btc buy volume put on trade. 

But the truth his people started to believe in him more then they needed to believe in karma. Soon enough you could tell that people were investing in kosmost and not so much in karma. At the same time, believing in him so much no one cared to answer to his request for work. People saw him being a successful leader for karma and thought some one else will help him.

While i think he got tired of asking people i still knew he would be here for karma. But when the brutal accusation started all over again( first with POC , then with august 31 dumping) i feared it would be too much.

He has never been too kind of threats and he never liked to be called names . I know that because i would lose my patience and result to such comments. I feared the community would break him down. I knew that he acceptance of communication would be broken down.

I have seen too many coin community result to trolls and angry investors to push the leaders away.

yes this is kosmost! he doesn't like swearing. I know most of you find it emasculating feature in this "harsh' side of the world. But there is no need to be shocked

Please , lets all come together and cut this drama short and move on.

if you want kosmost to stay then post and let him know.

Truth is that he always tried to be clear with what he was doing (excpet lill.com, that is a mystery)
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:13:45 AM

Several pages back, before it really hit the fan around here someone asked the members of the community to
throw a spare $1,$5, $ 10 whatever they could spare to buy karma and help support the coin.

I've been cashing in every minor high profit coin I can mine with my asics and throwing it at karma, as well as mining karma with my 2x4 gpu rig.
I''m also waiting on a small (over $100) btC purchase to hit my wallet so I can buy more.

My question is.....I'm just a little guy, but if a hundred or more of us did this.....it would surely have an impact and show the community this coin is bigger than any one person. also stabilize it so we can all have some time to make some decisions.

like Bo said......"Just Do It"

edit- man we get to 35 and some bozo slides 19 LtC in at 34 because he wants out.

yeah. thats the problem. Most of the people did not.

Before the LLC fiasco we were asking people to help with setting up insight api. or help collecting funds. Not a peep.

only socoban who said he would look into it.

up until he came back with a workish block explorer no one else bothered to take the lead and collect fund to hire proper help.

everyone crys here for being wrong done but not a peep when $$ is needed.

Lets hope this drama brought the community closer together and hope everyone understands that services don't just get created!
toeshe

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:35:00 AM

Then out of the blue , Lill.com has had an offering! This is one of the things i could never understand why Kosmost did it. Why announce it when you would not provide any proof! (after he went public with it) I could tell from his chat comments that this was something he was proud! i still do not understand why he went public with it. I wished he never did. I wished we would never know all this. because i know how harsh this community is here.You dont release "possible" news.  Also people will try to sell on news. I always knew deep down inside he would never sell, but i had no say at all on what he would choose. The team never knew anything more then what he posted on the public. All we could see was his excitement and sense of profoundness. the team all learned what happened in those meeting the same way you all did.

What team ?the out of the loop team?  or is there more?
toeshe

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:40:52 AM

come on thats a joke? and you claim team thats is funny

i got more pity for the blindfolders now hehe
toeshe

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:48:44 AM

there is no way he can stay?? come on lets move on
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: