Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

to be honest with you.. I think what is really going on here is that some entities really want to control the Trademarks, the source code, and LIL.com. If all 3 get given to the same person with complete control and they mess it up then this community will cease to exist.. end of story.. no more rising from the ashes, no more rebuild..

My dear friend Alphi, while you and I do not frequently understand one another or agree on all points, you must know that I respect your opinion.

I have no interest in "controlling" the source code -- I do not pretend for a second that I am the "smartest guy in the room" (a reference to the Enron scandal and movie made about it)

I merely want to establish the Trademark rights within the USA for Karma as a crypto currency within the authority of "Strength in Numbers Foundation" such that we may collectively utilize it free and clear for purposes of Internet Reputation. 

If you have not spent anytime looking at the patents or trademarks filed by the likes of Yahoo! then I would encourage you to do so.  If you think I'm a threat to Karma, you have NO IDEA what deep pockets lay waiting to pounce to subvert it for their greedy profits.

We need to find a purpose for this coinbase.  And here is a very unpopular position that I am certain will draw all the early pre and early mine investors out of the woodwork:

We need to do a "reverse-split" of the total shares and crush the potential 92B tokens down to a number that is more sensicial.  For example most studies suggest that there will be 12B people on the planet by 2100.  That is a rational number.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:26:42 AM

alphi.

you are correct that we are scattered. Believe me man. As i been fighting to keep karma going. This thread here is poisonous. This is the main source of traders. they come here for that sweet or bitter news to trade off. tthe moment we got the new help offer price jumped 10 litoshi and all the sell walls went down. look at 39 litoshi and up...  I saw the mintpal tab blink. i check it and saw the spike. was wondering that the deal was. then i came and read the post of second offer. Everything that is said here is used to trade for profit. So of course there will be tons of angry investors coming here playing the blaming game. they will never let us have healthy convos.

We knew we had to move out of here. The final place was suppose to be Karma forum but i dont know what its fate will be now. That is why Trello was chosen. Unfortunately , we need a place to be more organized.

as for karma share. It takes two minutes to sign up for it and a day or two to get used to it. Just like you are used to come here to check on altcoin so will you get used to go there. We need to have it . We can not depend on this thread to be used as go to for question. things get buried fast. For example the block explore that you mention. there has been many post in here about it. but it has been buried. Everything get buried here fast.  Thats why we need forums because it has categories and not every topic in on one thread. it helps thinning out the categories. also topic are harder to get buried giving people more time to see them.

Edit: I was very excited when Jason lunched karmawire.net be cause it was suppose to be focused on karma events and would be an easy source to keep track of.  too bad he could work on it anymore. it was the perfect solution. it would have taken anyone 5 minutes to up to date with karma
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:43:17 AM

alphi.

you are correct that we are scattered. Believe me man. As i been fighting to keep karma going. This thread here is poisonous. This is the main source of traders. they come here for that sweet or bitter news to trade off. tthe moment we got the new help offer price jumped 10 litoshi and all the sell walls went down. look at 39 litoshi and up...  I saw the mintpal tab blink. i check it and saw the spike. was wondering that the deal was. then i came and read the post of second offer. Everything that is said here is used to trade for profit. So of course there will be tons of angry investors coming here playing the blaming game. they will never let us have healthy convos.

We knew we had to move out of here. The final place was suppose to be Karma forum but i dont know what its fate will be now. That is why Trello was chosen. Unfortunately , we need a place to be more organized.

as for karma share. It takes two minutes to sign up for it and a day or two to get used to it. Just like you are used to come here to check on altcoin so will you get used to go there. We need to have it . We can not depend on this thread to be used as go to for question. things get buried fast. For example the block explore that you mention. there has been many post in here about it. but it has been buried. Everything get buried here fast.  Thats why we need forums because it has categories and not every topic in on one thread. it helps thinning out the categories. also topic are harder to get buried giving people more time to see them.

Edit: I was very excited when Jason lunched karmawire.net be cause it was suppose to be focused on karma events and would be an easy source to keep track of.  too bad he could work on it anymore. it was the perfect solution. it would have taken anyone 5 minutes to up to date with karma

yeah with any new website you will always have to find people willing to pay for it and keep it running.. thats why I am more interested in blockchain based solutions. we cant really ditch bitcointalk completely simply because it is the port of call for all new community members. trello is ok for organizing work groups but I think announcements should still be made here..

I think you missed my point about not wanting to be associated with Karmashares.. I wont join a website that has Karmashares in its name and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either. Unfortunately when Kosmost took Karmashares and gave himself complete and absolute control over it,  that is when I completely lost interest in that project.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
perhan007

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:11:57 AM

I went throught all you replies and first of all I want to make sure to avoid any misunderstandings: We do not want to own Karma or any parts of. We just consider it to be a bad idea to split it into small pieces and give it to some anonymous voluntary individuals so that important stuff can be shot down because somebody couldn't afford to pay a 5$ bill. That's why we understand us as the "godfathers" of Karma and we don't want to create any products / services for Karma and invest money and risk our reputation towards existing and potential partners as long as Karma itself can dissapear at any time just because a "kid" lost interest in Karma and decides to shoot something down.

So let's be clear: People need security, reliability and stability. We would legally oblige ourselves to keep everything existing running and online at our costs and should any of the products made availabe to us generate a profit, it would be used only to cover the costs and constitute reserves. Should we not keep our promises: anyone could sue our company, the competent court would be District Court Hochdorf

http://www.gerichte.lu.ch/index/organisation/o_bezirksgerichte/o_bz_ho_bezirksrichter.htm

We were with Karma since the very beginning and we kept running at least 200 mHash of our asics during the Scrypt phase, in between we were almost the only miner. We wouldn't propose such an aproach if we wouldn't consider that the taken course could probably mean the kiss of death for Karma.

I understand the concerns but to be honest, Karma's now worth almost nothing and so are the related products and websites and from my viewpoint, the latest dumps must have been executed by the inner circle. Others did sell; we did not even a single Karma and we can prove it.

We will contact Kosmost to hear his standpoint on that.

Btw: feel free to drop us a message here or in skype (pekomajstor) or have a talk. We're ready to answer any questions. André is online with "scryptminerch".
Alphi

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:40:37 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 08:56:39 AM by Alphi

We do not want to own Karma or any parts of. We just consider it to be a bad idea to split it into small pieces and give it to some anonymous voluntary individuals so that important stuff can be shot down because somebody couldn't afford to pay a 5$ bill. That's why we understand us as the "godfathers" of Karma and we don't want to create any products / services for Karma and invest money and risk our reputation towards existing and potential partners as long as Karma itself can dissapear at any time just because a "kid" lost interest in Karma and decides to shoot something down.

I agree with you there. Pretty much everything Karma has could be run from one server (except maybe lil)

if you are willing to provide an open letter to the community and give a commitment that you will not sue anyone who uses the Karma trademarks without license then at least that issue of control can be put to rest.
Just like you, I don't want to be building products and services and then have someone try to sue me because I used a trademark (or logo) that was created by the community and for the community.

You have put your money where your mouth is and invested in the coin already... this will go a long way towards gaining community confidence in your proposal.

I can only speak for myself.. but I like to make a lot of noise to protect those people who may not have voice lol.

I am more than happy to work with anyone who wants to further the growth of this community.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:20:55 AM

We do not want to own Karma or any parts of. We just consider it to be a bad idea to split it into small pieces and give it to some anonymous voluntary individuals so that important stuff can be shot down because somebody couldn't afford to pay a 5$ bill. That's why we understand us as the "godfathers" of Karma and we don't want to create any products / services for Karma and invest money and risk our reputation towards existing and potential partners as long as Karma itself can dissapear at any time just because a "kid" lost interest in Karma and decides to shoot something down.

I agree with you there. Pretty much everything Karma has could be run from one server (except maybe lil)

if you are willing to provide an open letter to the community and give a commitment that you will not sue anyone who uses the Karma trademarks without license then at least that issue of control can be put to rest.
Just like you, I don't want to be building products and services and then have someone try to sue me because I used a trademark (or logo) that was created by the community and for the community.

You have put your money where your mouth is and invested in the coin already... this will go a long way towards gaining community confidence in your proposal.

I can only speak for myself.. but I like to make a lot of noise to protect those people who may not have voice lol.

I am more than happy to work with anyone who wants to further the growth of this community.

Alphi, it's in our interest to make it as easy and secure as possible for everyone in the world to use Karma and create products and services for and/or with Karma without being forced to pay any royalities to an "owner" company / organisation. This is the only way to be interesting for a potential investor. We will set up such a letter and publish it on our homepage. It's easy to find out that - in addition to our own local company - I'm working for a NYSE listed wordwide billion dollar software company as a Legal Counsel and I cannot afford to speard lies or bullshit around the internet. But what I can do is present good ideas to the senior management should we manage to make the turnaround here.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:21:44 AM

mined good chunk of karma and holding, it actually brings good luck kidding you not
Alphi

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:34:14 AM

Alphi, it's in our interest to make it as easy and secure as possible for everyone in the world to use Karma and create products and services for and/or with Karma without being forced to pay any royalities to an "owner" company / organisation. This is the only way to be interesting for a potential investor. We will set up such a letter and publish it on our homepage. It's easy to find out that - in addition to our own local company - I'm working for a NYSE listed wordwide billion dollar software company as a Legal Counsel and I cannot afford to speard lies or bullshit around the internet. But what I can do is present good ideas to the senior management should we manage to make the turnaround here.

I couldn't agree more. lets be as open as we can.

Alphi

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:36:02 AM

mined good chunk of karma and holding, it actually brings good luck kidding you not

if you get in at the bottom you are bound to have more good luck  Wink

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:57:46 AM

if you get in at the bottom you are bound to have more good luck  Wink

now that is funny  Cool  yeah 0 problems, nice design stable blockchain working pools

my dilemma you see is that I have one set of hardware and so many coins (I am speaking here for thousands like me for sure), so I scan for coins that can increase in value over time believe you can
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 10:40:16 AM

I can point explorer.karmacoin.me to the alternate block explorer. No one has asked since the main one has been down, but it can be done. I just need the address and a yes/no from the current team.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:25:20 AM

I can point explorer.karmacoin.me to the alternate block explorer. No one has asked since the main one has been down, but it can be done. I just need the address and a yes/no from the current team.

Can you put it back up?

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 12:30:57 PM

How to exchange old KARM for new KARM X11 ?

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

Alphi

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:33:42 PM

How to exchange old KARM for new KARM X11 ?

you don't have to exchange them they are the same coins. only the proof of work algorithm changed.

finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 12:37:13 PM

but my KARMcoins in the old wallet.dat

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

Alphi

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:39:00 PM

but my KARMcoins in the old wallet.dat

just update your Karma client software and keep your wallet.dat

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:41:42 PM

Can you put it back up?

The person that was helping to maintain it is no longer maintaining it, and it needs some fixes.

I can, however, point it to the alternative explorer until it is fixed.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 04:44:52 PM

Can you put it back up?

The person that was helping to maintain it is no longer maintaining it, and it needs some fixes.

If its based on ABE I can spin one up instantly and host it?  If you make me a tar.gz  I can load it up later today.

No charge.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:21:01 PM

Dear Karma community,

Let us take this opportunity to introduce ourselves and our company:

My name is Perica, I’m a 30 years old IT-lawyer from Zurich, Switzerland, working as a Legal Counsel for a US-software company and running an own company (“Swiss Cryptotech GmbH”) with my business partner and friend André. André has more than 20 years in-depth IT-experience and worked with several top 500 companies. Unlike other community members or self-proclaimed companies, we and our company do not hide behind pseudonyms. The company is listed with the commercial register of Canton Lucerne with our full names, address, a real office and a paid in share capital to the equivalent of 22.000 U$D:

http://lu.powernet.ch/webservices/inet/HRG/HRG.asmx/getHRGHTML?chnr=1004798147&amt=100&toBeModified=0&validOnly=0&lang=4&sort=0

What our company currently does and offers:
- Online-Shop offering products related to cryptocurrencies
- Buying and trading cryptocurrencies on behalf of larger investors, that wish to remain anonymous or don’t want to spend too much time
- Housing ASICs and other miners
- Accompany start-ups on their way and introduction of their own services into the cryptocurrency world (choice of the right corporate form, articles of association, website, online-shop, IP matters, employment contracts, immigration law/working permits etc.)
- Investments in selected crypto-markets.

Have a look at our website to find out more:
www.swisscryptote.ch

Due to our local focus, the only currently available language is German. Additional languages will follow.

The first currency we selected to invest was Karma. Our goal was to stay in the background and see what “kosmost” and the team would be able to create. Our portfolio includes 3.100.000.000 Karma and we have no intention of investing more as we want to prevent too much concentration. On the other hand, please note that to date - even during the crash - we did not sell a single Karma.

As we all know, the Karmashares project turned out to be unsuccessful, the future of Karma is uncertain and being passive was a mistake. We are rather sorry about that.
To avoid the project to fall apart and slowly die, Swiss Cryptotech GmbH would like to offer to back up Karma:

This would include getting all existing IP and similar rights and assign agreements and logins related to Karma and Karmashares (subject to a prior due diligence), doing the hosting of the relevant websites (including a block explorer), running at least one stable pool at our own costs, coordinating the further development of new features, services and products as well as investing some of our company’s money and offering our man power and legal/technical skills. We also plan to finance extensive advertising measures in social and classic media and organize meaningful giveaways.

Next to the mandatory Bitcoin, it is the intention to make Karma the flagship of our company. As we are currently negotiating with local companies about the implementation of Bitcoin-payment systems in their online-shops and/or placing Bitcoin-ATMs in their coffees/ bars and stores, Karma could be the next step in this development. Of course, the whole project would depend on the capacities and the enthusiasm of the community and (mostly) voluntary work as we are not able to spend 100% of our time on that. We cannot promise to make the turnaround but what we can do is make sure that no content simply “disappears” overnight and secure the long-term viability of Karma.
We have had enough of all the anonymous pseudo Messiah! It’s time to provide Karma with a real face and a strong basis.

Please, dear community, let us know whether you think that our offer could me interesting for you and we will see what we can do to make the vision happen.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Perica
Founder, Partner and Manager of Swiss Cryptotech GmbH

André
Founder, Partner and President of the Management of Swiss Cryptotech GmbH

Thank you perhan007 for offering such good plans for Karma. Just let us know how we can help you in accomplishing what you plan. You are one of the best Karma community members out there. Continually supportive and is able to hold self in making derogatory remarks when things are not going so well.

Welcome to trello and we hope to see you in telegram too.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:55:23 PM

Can you put it back up?

I don't know why the fresh install of that explorer was crashing. It was attacked by some hacking scripts every few days, I saved all the logs on that server instance. I am running my original explorer on my old server and it works without any flaws all the time: http://162.243.209.71:3000/   I can host it on that IP, the only requirement is to set up explorer.karmacoin.me to that ip. I can than configure it to work on port 80. And I stoped carring about that because I think, KarmaShares was scam and I did not want to be involved in that any way. I lost 2 BTC on KARM and I do not want to suppport any kind of scams. In case there will be serious takeover of all services by community, by real people with real names, I will take care of that explorer.  
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: