Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583014 times)
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

Yes from the "Gee" and other spiteful comments-duek comes this. Let me tell you what I told others. If you are the perpetrator of bad behavoir you are really not the one to tell others to stop this behaviour. It's psychology 101.

I'm treating you the way you clearly want to be treated.  It's called THE PLATINUM RULE.  I'm not telling you to stop -- by all means continue to act like a petty little tyrant.  Doesn't matter to me.  You don't strike me as someone who is not very happy with his lot in life anyway.

.... Did you really fuck off all the way back to here so soon?

Do you really kiss your mother with that mouth?

Seriously, could you be an adult? My mother has been dead for well over 25 years. How inappropriate to talk about people's families.

The way you conduct yourself does not strike me as someone with 20+ years of business experience. Talking about people's family, seriously? And then you have the nerve to talk about "the platinum rule".

If you're this way you won't mind me cracking jokes about your kids or your siblings'/whoever in your family, right? Since you already brought up family you are ok with that right? ..Or are we only doing mom-jokes?

Anyway...

You are trying to take over the name of the coin that is all you want and you come off very aggressive. Ego ego ego. I don't think you realise what karma is...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:51:12 PM

wow so it seems the community is strong enough to hold this coin together?

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

It has survived worse, has a great name (that's what dvd wants) and I believe the Swiss have the coins best interest at heart. They're not new comers and own a lot of coin.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:31:27 PM

It has survived worse, has a great name (that's what dvd wants) and I believe the Swiss have the coins best interest at heart. They're not new comers and own a lot of coin.
I am not sure an endorsement by me carries any weight but I also like the swiss. We communicated a little bit about mining while we were still scrypt-based. I also think they can carry the coin a long way.

I am very hesitant with the duke because his demeanor is just shitty.

And I am NOT saying my demeanor is better but he says he will steal the coin if he does not get it freely.

I'd go with the swiss... I'll get back when I have tried porting some of the oensource merchant APIs that people here linked to, thanks people. They look like better alternatives than "straight"-merchant API which is very new.

And JUST UNDERLINING IT AGAIN:

We can all create karma-related services. The swiss, TheLittleDuke, me, anyone else.
Because I dislike thelittleduke does not mean that he cannot create karma-stuff. He is more than welcome to create karma-services, APIs, infrastructure. So no one is out even if he wants to make it sound like if he does not get the karma name that karma will die and the only way he can "do" stuff is by getting the name....And if he does not he will simply create Karma2. Ridicilous.

Put up some services and let the community decide if they like your services and trust you.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

I am very hesitant with the duke because his demeanor is just shitty.

+1
a guy that comes in to a forum and starts throwing his weight around like he owns the place and admits that he has no stake in the coin itself nor any interest in supporting the community nor its existing stake holders.

common sense dictates that such a person is not to be trusted.

I hit the ignore button a long time ago and yet I can still see from the quotations made by others that nothing has changed in his demeanour.

quite frankly it is just bizarre for anyone to insist on carte blanche over entire economy before they help out in any meaningful way.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:21:05 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 04:07:06 PM by p4r4m0un7

Yes from the "Gee" and other spiteful comments-duek comes this. Let me tell you what I told others. If you are the perpetrator of bad behavoir you are really not the one to tell others to stop this behaviour. It's psychology 101.

I'm treating you the way you clearly want to be treated.  It's called THE PLATINUM RULE.  I'm not telling you to stop -- by all means continue to act like a petty little tyrant.  Doesn't matter to me.  You don't strike me as someone who is not very happy with his lot in life anyway.

.... Did you really fuck off all the way back to here so soon?

Do you really kiss your mother with that mouth?

Anyway...

You are trying to take over the name of the coin that is all you want and you come off very aggressive. Ego ego ego. I don't think you realise what karma is...

This is what I am talking about all the time. But initially he started to do it in a polite way. And doesn`t even realize that we are provoking him at all the time, so we can see his REAL plans. He thinks, he is the only one with 15+ corporate experience, knowledge and education here. And even doesn`t understand how silly and transparent to us are his intentions. But let`s put all this $h17 aside. By knowing most of you, I am sure we all can smell a weasel from hundreds of miles. Karma is an open source project. This is the best part of any crypto currency. NO, Karma doesn`t need clear structure. Well, this is not entirely true, cause no project can become real if some sort of networking structure come to place. And this is what East is trying to do. But it will not be some kind of traditional functional, divisional or matrix structure with coordinated, balanced or secondary matrix. And NO, Karma doesn`t need guidance, it needs vision. But vision is a talent only few have. And NO, Karma doesn`t need management, it needs leaders. Mng are administrating, leaders are innovating. Mng are copies, leaders are unique. Mng are supporting, leaders are developing. Mng are depending on control, leaders instills and earns confidence. And so on and so on. These are things that everybody here knows and anyone can read in a public library for a dollar. Just have to open a book written by Stogdill, Yukl, Sigismund, Veber, Bird, Kaes, etc. And at the end this bul$h17 won`t matter, cause real world business rules does not apply here. No one, and I mean no one is here, because he/she wants a snapshot of his real life projected in crypto world. Crypto is made with dreams, trust, dose of naivety and many, many excitement. Everyone, who comes to crypto, should start trying to go beyond his own thinking pattern and not trying to assume that only 11 years dumb and pimpled teenagers are here. Maybe, there are different people. And maybe every single word and behavior is well thought and precise in a matter of timing. And maybe not a single event or conversation doesn`t happen to be an accidental.
If someone wants to do something, no one is stopping anybody to do it. IT IS AN OPEN SOURCE PROJECT. And Karma is NOT a charity coin. It is a coin for profit, while trying to build good economy. And no one has any obligations at all to do anything and no one should feel ashamed about it. 95% of coin holders doesn`t know how many coins they have and doesn`t know the amount of their coins. So no one here have the right to take himself too seriously, cause he/she does not represent even a fraction of the whole Karma society.

ACG, this is not a direct reply to you. I just wrote it, cause dvd is in my ignore list.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:03:22 PM

The math unfortunately doesn't add up for the number of Karma coins.  

The market cap of 62B coins at 10 satoshi is 6200 Bitcoins.  6200 BTC at $400 is $2,480,000.00   How many Litecoin/Dogecoin/Bitcoin clones have a market cap above $1M?  How many coins out there survive in the single satoshi range?  

The only way out was, and still is, a 10:1 reverse split, and better yet a 100:1 reverse split or greater.

The attempt by Kosmost to reverse engineer Karma into a crypto-equity was brilliant IMO.  The legality of which was in that gray area, especially after some more recent rulings.  Proof of Coin concept came from him and bitwho.  We all gave 110% for Karma and if you care to read the old threads you would see that.

Again, the math isn't there unless you build value.  That value has to come from either a huge community based, such that Doge has, or adopt a technology that attracts the crypto masses to come and hold coin for the long term.  NO ONE wants to buy a single satoshi coin and watch a few ticks go by and be at a 50% loss.  This is the the unfortunate part of the math that won't go away unless the number of coins is reduced.

You need an entirely new fork, less coins.  My plan to try and unite with NXT fell on deaf ears.  All you are left with now is a fucking great name.  Karma is and always will be a great name.

Good luck.

Shawn

+1, except for the NXT part. I am for the KarmX side chain.

I have always voted for 1/1000 reverse split. 92 million coins is the best IMO. I was really surprised why this wasn`t implemented with the X11 fork. Maybe even the best time was before the reinstating of the BTC market. Now we are trading almost only on LTC market. I am trying to predict what will happen if we make a reverse split. I fear that the volume on the LTC market will drop significantly due to psychological effect of the reverse split. It is one thing to trade satoshi for a thousand Karma, but it is totally different when you are buying thousand times less Karma for your LTC. I am not saying this is bad, I am saying it is not predictable. But I am sure of one thing - such reverse split must be done or not, WITHOUT total community agreement and support. There will be always people for and against with strong arguments. But my perception on this matter is that this is a change to the core of Karma and only the Dev (technical owner of Karma) should take the shot to go or not go with this change. No one else. I would be far more comfortable if the technical owner is an experienced and impassioned coder who is very, very familiar with the coin core development, but I guess we can`t find such person. So it is, what it is. Actually, if we find such person, I am sure we can develop a fund of nearly 1 billion, yes billion, to keep him here. Of course not only for pure development, but for meeting certain goals. I would give 50 and why not 100 mill to such fund. And I am sure, others will follow.
IMO, the path was clearly stated in the past and I don`t see why it should not be followed. IF POSSIBLE, start with the reverse split, then develop KarmX, then time warps and automatic checkpoints if not available already, then Android and iOS wallets, then ask kosmost if he is willing to let us know if it is possible to bring back lill and what will cost US in BTC to continue until full integration with Karma, then eyeQ development, so Karma can have strong mobile presence.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:20:06 PM

the thing is, as much as i do want reverse split, i care about karmanians and as long as there is  %30 who don't want it then so be it. this is a major move so we do not need %51 of the people we should get all of them on board.

Since reverse split is still a no go, then most of our effort and resources should go grow our user base. We need to be able to grow like dogecoin to sustains this many coins. it can be done if we brainstorm and create strategic marketing to create this user base.

The other option would have been to market to unbanked but this is much harder project.

Shouldn't it be easy to spread this coin ?  it is a good coin. tons of people love it. We're wasting time proving this coins worth to people who question it.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:22:55 PM

Karma is still the greatest coin out there. Many people doesn`t understand that here we are only prattling and no smart person should make drama out of it. So buy now at these levels of price while you still can. Learn from the previous spikes. Many people bought at 140s level and didn`t bought at 50-60-70-80 levels. Then others bought at 250 levels, while they could do it on 120 levels. Smarten up people. The winter is coming. Don`t miss to fuel your engines with Karma.  Wink
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:26:17 PM

some tiny good news: karma added to new projectX  : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791338.0

After speaking to dev of this new project X he agreed to add karmacoin. his intention is to lunch his coin with roughly 100 coins all in one multiwallet. please take some time to understand how his project will work.

p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:38:51 PM

the thing is, as much as i do want reverse split, i care about karmanians and as long as there is  %30 who don't want it then so be it. this is a major move so we do not need %51 of the people we should get all of them on board.

Since reverse split is still a no go, then most of our effort and resources should go grow our user base. We need to be able to grow like dogecoin to sustains this many coins. it can be done if we brainstorm and create strategic marketing to create this user base.

The other option would have been to market to unbanked but this is much harder project.

Shouldn't it be easy to spread this coin ?  it is a good coin. tons of people love it. We're wasting time proving this coins worth to people who question it.

I am not saying all opinions should not be taken into account. I am saying that all major changes to all major coins were made without having the total support of the community. For some things we won`t reach agreement. First of all, I don`t think that ATM the reverse split will guarantee our place on the BTC market. Only trading will. 0.2 BTC worth of Karma - 20 mill for one week once in a month. If there is no such trading it won`t matter if we have or not a reverse split. 60 mill coins out there, total of 92 mill after many years + the side chain with let`s say 10-20 mill coins will make difference. I am not thinking about the reverse split as an one time independent event. I am trying to look at the whole ecosystem and the future events in Karma. And this is making me to think that the reverse split will do good. But at the end it is not predictable. It is just pure intuition. And I still hold to the opinion that such move should not be made with seeking the community backup. We will need maybe 2 years to reach dogecoin and this is only if Karma is going straight. Unfortunately for the last six months there were two big obstacles.  Grin This is why I have said that Karma should stick to it`s technical nature and try to seek technical innovations and side projects.
Alphi

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:42:03 PM

some tiny good news: karma added to new projectX  : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791338.0

After speaking to dev of this new project X he agreed to add karmacoin. his intention is to lunch his coin with roughly 100 coins all in one multiwallet. please take some time to understand how his project will work.

doesn't look like a multiwallet to me.. it looks more like issuing new tokens on a new blockchain based upon % ownership of any of the many previous coins.

could be interesting but on the other hand it could also turn out to be a giant mess because it relies on you giving your private keys to the new "wallet" which means that if something goes wrong or the new wallet gets hacked the hacker has access to all the different kinds of cryptocoins that you gave your private keys for.

if anyone is going to use this wallet then I would recommend waiting for the genesis block to be released then moving your old coins to a completely new wallet before claiming the new tokens
that way if someone does get your keys they can't spend your original coins.

that being said... it sure will be interesting to see how it pans out.

my guess is that many people will dump the project X tokens the very minute they hit the exchanges and the community will coalesce back into a small group of whales just like every other coin did in the past.
but regardless of if I am right or wrong.. it will still be a worthwhile experiment.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:55:55 PM

some tiny good news: karma added to new projectX  : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791338.0

"tiny" you say? Grin But I do share some of the Alphi`s concerns. First, let`s see what will happen.
179th place for Karma?!? Relax. It is alphabetical order. Our coin is №1. Wink
It is good thought exchanges are out of the equation.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

doesn't look like a multiwallet to me.. it looks more like issuing new tokens on a new blockchain based upon % ownership of any of the many previous coins.

could be interesting but on the other hand it could also turn out to be a giant mess because it relies on you giving your private keys to the new "wallet" which means that if something goes wrong or the new wallet gets hacked the hacker has access to all the different kinds of cryptocoins that you gave your private keys for.

if anyone is going to use this wallet then I would recommend waiting for the genesis block to be released then moving your old coins to a completely new wallet before claiming the new tokens
that way if someone does get your keys they can't spend your original coins.

that being said... it sure will be interesting to see how it pans out.

my guess is that many people will dump the project X tokens the very minute they hit the exchanges and the community will coalesce back into a small group of whales just like every other coin did in the past.
but regardless of if I am right or wrong.. it will still be a worthwhile experiment.

exactly. this is why i am not glorifying. Also this is a project that he has been working on for ages. Maybe on rev 2 he will fix most of the problem. But yeah. not to happy the only way to prove i own karma coin is to import priv keys. A very hard thing to do.

the work around could be that before the snap shot of karmacoin blockchain everyone willing to participate open a brand new temp wallet. move coins there before the snap shot. after the snap shot bring the coins right back to personal wallet. You can then import the temp wallet old keys, with now 0 value , to the projectx wallet and you will receive the % of the token.  

I just figured it seems like and interesting project. So i said, karma deserves to be there.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:00:52 PM

"tiny" you say? Grin But I do share some of the Alphi`s concerns. First, let`s see what will happen.
179th place for Karma?!? Relax. It is alphabetical order. Our coin is №1. Wink
It is good thought exchanges are out of the equation.

oh man.. it was only 15 coin on that list when i decided to contact him! just went back to check the list and ...
Alphi

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:01:29 PM

the work around could be that before the snap shot of karmacoin blockchain everyone willing to participate open a brand new temp wallet. move coins there before the snap shot. after the snap shot bring the coins right back to personal wallet. You can then import the temp wallet old keys, with now 0 value , to the projectx wallet and you will receive the % of the token. 

I just figured it seems like and interesting project. So i said, karma deserves to be there.

yep.. your way is just the reverse of my suggestion so it would work too.
I agree crypto land is all about experimentation and learning... anyone who comes here expecting to get rich does not realize the true value of the knowledge and insight that they are already gaining.

erok

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:39:36 PM

yep.. your way is just the reverse of my suggestion so it would work too.
I agree crypto land is all about experimentation and learning... anyone who comes here expecting to get rich does not realize the true value of the knowledge and insight that they are already gaining.

+1.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:43:18 PM

Guys please stick around as I put finishing touches to a good announcement I will make shortly...

It may even answer your  craving for 92 000 000 ^_^

-east

YES! DON'T GO YET!

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:51:47 PM

Here:

It's time to get your free nhzKARM Asset!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=806320.new#new

Towards a stronger Karma.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
erok

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:03:48 PM

Here:

It's time to get your free nhzKARM Asset!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=806320.new#new

Towards a stronger Karma.
What is this and how does it help Karma in one paragraph?

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: