Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 07:07:39 PM

It has survived worse, has a great name (that's what dvd wants) and I believe the Swiss have the coins best interest at heart. They're not new comers and own a lot of coin.
I am not sure an endorsement by me carries any weight but I also like the swiss. We communicated a little bit about mining while we were still scrypt-based. I also think they can carry the coin a long way.

I am very hesitant with the duke because his demeanor is just shitty.

And I am NOT saying my demeanor is better but he says he will steal the coin if he does not get it freely.

I'd go with the swiss... I'll get back when I have tried porting some of the oensource merchant APIs that people here linked to, thanks people. They look like better alternatives than "straight"-merchant API which is very new.

And JUST UNDERLINING IT AGAIN:

We can all create karma-related services. The swiss, TheLittleDuke, me, anyone else.
Because I dislike thelittleduke does not mean that he cannot create karma-stuff. He is more than welcome to create karma-services, APIs, infrastructure. So no one is out even if he wants to make it sound like if he does not get the karma name that karma will die and the only way he can "do" stuff is by getting the name....And if he does not he will simply create Karma2. Ridicilous.

Put up some services and let the community decide if they like your services and trust you.

I totally agree with you most of the time -- it's just that your thin-skinned nature just makes you look like a hypocrite.  Between your viper-tongue and your wounded-soldier routine, seriously are you bi-polar?  And from what others have been telling me about you in private posts, I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Personally, and this is probably going to come as a complete surprise to most of you, I could care less if you LIKE me.  What matters more is whether or not I can competently execute.  Management and structure is not a popularity contest -- show me where that has served anyone's long term interests in the real world.

I'm sorry if I'm not a sycophantic cheer leader.  I'm trying to bring an unbiased outside perspective to your actual dire situation.  I'm not going to sugar coat anything.

The only WEIGHT I've thrown around is the offer to host core services and pay for API development as well as other bounties.

I've OFFERED to host the development in a legal non-profit digital trust for the benefit of the community.

Your coin has a great name, but when people start cashing out and the exchanges no longer find it profitable to support your transactions it will die.

What your coin needs is a new lease on life -- one with a purpose that transcends rewarding miners and investors.

The LLC was sham -- as was the disingenuous lill.com offer and all those other faux adjunct "services" -- you know it, I know it, and the Swiss most certainly know it.

I'd like to think that my hard questions as well as paying an attorney to review it's legality helped play some small part in bringing that to light.  Because it was just a matter time before one of you complained to the SEC who would have most certainly come down on KOSMOST like a ton of bricks.

So again, if you're interested in building this coinbase on transparency and with a purpose, I think you'll find my offer to be the only one still on the table:

+ Centralized problem manage and actual accountability
+ Project management methodology to triage, score and manage workflow
+ Free hosting services for seed nodes and check-pointing servers
+ Consistent and reliable wallet generation and development
+ Community driven consensus model that helps to govern the coins use and development
+ Software bounty matching funds from Strength in Numbers Foundation

There is nothing to "steal" -- everything you can do in Karma we can do in 2Give -- wouldn't it be more satisfying if the power went to Karma?

One other small request?  Try assuming "good intentions" the next time you hit "quote/reply" -- I'm certainly giving you all a free pass ;-)

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

Here:

It's time to get your free nhzKARM Asset!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=806320.new#new

Towards a stronger Karma.
What is this and how does it help Karma in one paragraph?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=806320.new#new

Why is this a good way to support KARMA?

Because this method is more profitable compared to the usual donation-calling for every KARMA development and maintenance need that comes up. It is also more secured than just sending KARMA coins to a wallet and hoping that those coins will be safe and growing. In this method, everyone will have the value of their coin in their control, they can choose to resell the assets they bought if ever they need to convert it again into another form of currency or asset. This will also bring the whole KARMA community in tune with the changing crypto currency landscape by making use of the emerging assets exchanges advancements. Paving the way into a more liquid KARMA economy by providing many potential users, another way to acquire KARMA. When the multigateway method is finally implemented into the NHZ network, it will also be a way to instantly exchange Karma into any other supported coin without going to a coin exchange.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:52:56 PM

I totally agree with you most of the time -- it's just that your thin-skinned nature just makes you look like a hypocrite.  Between your viper-tongue and your wounded-soldier routine, seriously are you bi-polar?  And from what others have been telling me about you in private posts, I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Personally, and this is probably going to come as a complete surprise to most of you, I could care less if you LIKE me.  What matters more is whether or not I can competently execute.  Management and structure is not a popularity contest -- show me where that has served anyone's long term interests in the real world.

I'm sorry if I'm not a sycophantic cheer leader.  I'm trying to bring an unbiased outside perspective to your actual dire situation.  I'm not going to sugar coat anything.
Wow, that first paragraph was your excuse for saying stupid shit about my family, because you wanted to sound smart? My mother has been dead for 25 years so let's try again. Your excuse was to attack me and call me bipolar? I think you need to step back take a deep breath and stop whatever you think you are doing right, because you are not.

The most spectacular thing you say is that the only thing you try to bring to the table is "unbiased outside perspective".

BOOT UP YOUR SERVICES AND please keep your personal criticism of other people people out of this thread.. Also stop insinuating you are going to steal KARM.
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:12:57 PM

Wow, that first paragraph was your excuse for saying stupid shit about my family, because you wanted to sound smart? My mother has been dead for 25 years so let's try again. Your excuse was to attack me and call me bipolar? I think you need to step back take a deep breath and stop whatever you think you are doing right, because you are not.

The most spectacular thing you say is that the only thing you try to bring to the table is "unbiased outside perspective".

BOOT UP YOUR SERVICES AND please keep your personal criticism of other people people out of this thread.. Also stop insinuating you are going to steal KARM.

Hahahaha, lol, really?!?  Is this guy still trying?  Huh I admit it, he doesn`t understand what is the meaning of failure and the word NO.  Grin
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:23:11 PM

Some suggestions about OP:
1. Remove this big red "ATTENTION: MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE" from OP. And maybe everything before the embedded youtube video.
2. Remove everything between "Mark your calendars" and Karma logo.
3. Remove "Time Warp + More (pg.140) SIDECHAIN+ (pg. 143).
4. Reopen the "News" section and add to it "nhzKARM Asset" news with direct link to the other thread.
easteagle13

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

Some suggestions about OP:
1. Remove this big red "ATTENTION: MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE" from OP. And maybe everything before the embedded youtube video.
2. Remove everything between "Mark your calendars" and Karma logo.
3. Remove "Time Warp + More (pg.140) SIDECHAIN+ (pg. 143).
4. Reopen the "News" section and add to it "nhzKARM Asset" news with direct link to the other thread.

Ok. Ill let Who be aware of these suggestions, thanks. Please make an NHZ wallet asap!

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:52:12 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 09:10:24 PM by Alphi

Hahahaha, lol, really?!?  Is this guy still trying?  Huh I admit it, he doesn`t understand what is the meaning of failure and the word NO.  Grin

I think its pretty clear what the little D wants to do if he gets control of Karma...

Do A Bit of Good’s Executive Director said, "Unlike most of the other so called 'Alt Coins' Givecoin was designed first and foremost for the benefit of others. Karmically that just feels good.”

http://www.pr.com/press-release/559444

if you look at the givecoin thread you will see that it is dead, the community is gone and who knows if it will ever come back.

IMO the little D wants to substitute Karma for givecoin.
this will mean reducing the total number of coins, switching to a new blockchain, implementing PoS and distributing the coins more "evenly".

in other words he likely wants to copy startjoin's coin Startcoin where everyone on the old blockchain was forced to switch over to the new chain and claim their coins within 30 days or get completely screwed. This also includes anyone who happens to be on an exchange that doesn't switch over in time (read up on StartCoin its nasty)... He will also most likely premine a whole bunch of coins too and force people to sign up to his website to get "free" coins.

this is why he does not purchase coins on the open market or actively participate in the community building projects.

this is the conclusion that I have come to based upon the things he has said and his prior involvement with givecoin and startjoin.

just my opinion of course, since nobody can predict the future, but its seems pretty obvious to me what he wants.

to the little D man.. I would just like to say.. fix Givecoin first.. make that community rich, generous and happy.. if you do that then you have proven your worth and everyone from karma will beg you to come back and fix Karma too.. until then you are just going round and round in circles and pissing in the wind. Grin

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Actually I thought the offer of REAL MONEY to pay for development ranks a lot higher than just about anything else?

You're the only one who keeps making that unfounded claim of theft.  No one else here and certainly none of the people I've been engaging with in PMs or on Skype seem to think that.   There's nothing to steal anyway, its all open source and even the Trademark appears to have very little value given the number of other Karma related trademarks that appear to have some more value and utility, in fact my own DNS registration of karmatag.org in 2009 qualifies as "prior use" -- so I'm not sure what your point is trying to demonize me?

So shall we call a truce then on the personal jibes then?

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:51:42 PM

Yes, that works for me.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 09:52:25 PM

to the little D man.. I would just like to say.. fix Givecoin first.. make that community rich, generous and happy.. if you do that then you have proven your worth and everyone from karma will beg you to come back and fix Karma too.. until then you are just going round and round in circles and pissing in the wind. Grin

That's a nice analysis, but you're missing the point where Karma should have a purpose other than being a transactional coin that rewards and enriches miners and investors.

Trust me we will absolutely take our stewardship of Givecoin seriously -- it's not a coin for miners and investors anyway -- its a coin for real world people with real world uses.

I have no interest whatsoever in your scheme to "make a community rich, generous, and happy"  - no one person should ever convince you otherwise.  You make your own wealth.

See, that just points out what is so fundamentally perverse with what you've let Karma become.

And as I have ZERO interest in buying Karma as it exists today because it was launched with less than honorable intentions and is currently held by people I would rather not reward for that behavior.

So the best way I CAN support the community is by helping to facilitate a better method and dialogue around what karma should become.

Seriously guys, if you can't convince me to invest in your coin -- your "warm welcome" aside -- how do you think you'll attract bigger money and deeper pockets to get involved?

Its pretty obvious that you are all waiting around in some kind of "mexican stand-off" with each other, trying to figure out who's going to shoot first.  

And everyday you waste not coming to consensus is another day someone else will cash out and move on.

So my advice is -- reverse split your coin and move to some form of POS (either stake or storage) -- find people in the real world who are willing to acquire your tokens and USE them for something.

You already know what you need to do -- most of you are too afraid to be among the first to admit it

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 09:55:58 PM

Yes, that works for me.

Great. It's a deal.  Let me be the first to say that I have the highest regard for your expertise and passion and have appreciated the fact that you have been willing to invest as much time as you have engaging in dialogue.

I'm assuming that you have better things to do with your time (and hopefully more profitable :-)

So thank you.

And I hereby apologize for anything that I said to you that made you feel bad in anyway.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:17:30 PM

in other words he likely wants to copy startjoin's coin Startcoin where everyone on the old blockchain was forced to switch over to the new chain and claim their coins within 30 days or get completely screwed. This also includes anyone who happens to be on an exchange that doesn't switch over in time (read up on StartCoin its nasty)... He will also most likely premine a whole bunch of coins too and force people to sign up to his website to get "free" coins.

You know, now that you mention it, those are some pretty good ideas Alphi!  (other than the fact that my only involvement is with StartJOIN not StartCOIN)

I bet it would work cross-coinbase too!  In fact I bet it could be done even easier.

Say someone offers to accept "old Karma" for "new Givecoin" (heck it could even be "old Givecoin" -- current Litecoin --  whatever doesn't matter)

The offer is open for 30 days -- totally voluntary.

The kicker?

At the end of the offer period all those "old Karma" are dumped onto the exchange potentially crashing the market into oblivion.

You have a very devious mind Alphi -- it amuses me that you came up with this!

In all seriousness though, it occurs to me that you all COULD have a "BURN PARTY" where you purposely shrink your open coinbase -- ala

https://blockchain.info/address/1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr

I know the Dogecoin community has been considering it...

It's another way you could do a "reverse split" without having to actually do a coin recall (which is what you'd likely have to do ala StartCOIN as Alphi mentioned)

It would be completely transparent as you could instantly re-verify all your top holders.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
easteagle13

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

Yes, that works for me.

Great. It's a deal.  Let me be the first to say that I have the highest regard for your expertise and passion and have appreciated the fact that you have been willing to invest as much time as you have engaging in dialogue.

I'm assuming that you have better things to do with your time (and hopefully more profitable :-)

So thank you.

And I hereby apologize for anything that I said to you that made you feel bad in anyway.

-dvd

+1 This is a lot better. Thanks David

p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:25:58 PM

Hahahaha, lol, really?!?  Is this guy still trying?  Huh I admit it, he doesn`t understand what is the meaning of failure and the word NO.  Grin

I think its pretty clear what the little D wants to do if he gets control of Karma...

Do A Bit of Good’s Executive Director said, "Unlike most of the other so called 'Alt Coins' Givecoin was designed first and foremost for the benefit of others. Karmically that just feels good.”

http://www.pr.com/press-release/559444

if you look at the givecoin thread you will see that it is dead, the community is gone and who knows if it will ever come back.

IMO the little D wants to substitute Karma for givecoin.
this will mean reducing the total number of coins, switching to a new blockchain, implementing PoS and distributing the coins more "evenly".

this is why he does not purchase coins on the open market or actively participate in the community building projects.

this is the conclusion that I have come to based upon the things he has said and his prior involvement with givecoin and startjoin.

just my opinion of course, since nobody can predict the future, but its seems pretty obvious to me what he wants.

It is not his obvious and ill intentions to Karma that surprise me. It is his incomprehension that at least 10 people here have researched him very, very well, not only based on the publicly online available resources. If you want my advice - use the ignore option. We know each other and it is pretty obvious that he won`t get what he wants. We also know that if he had the resources, knowledge and funding, he will start a new coin. More successful than Give or whatever, lol. Community (coin holders if you ask him) and Trademark in USA is what he is after. I am saying USA, cause only really stupid person can go for CTM application by the OHIM rules. It is only 900 Euro, but it is not giving to anyone the rights over the Trademark in all of the 28 EU countries. If someone wants a trademark in EU, he should know that it will be reaaaally expensive adventure and it will take at least a year. And at the end maybe it will not work. So only both, the combination of the coin holders and the Trademark in USA are what he is after.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:31:50 PM

Mintpal frontend end is also down for a 24 hours planned maintenance.
KarmaTeam (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:24:50 PM

OP updated- I'm so tired ^_^

So later when bitwho find his strenght to re align things on that page...He is welcome to do so.

-east
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:31:39 PM

this coin got fucked up.  had big hopes, thanks for taking my money - who's the jackass now.. oh wait thats me.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:40:08 PM

It is not his obvious and ill intentions to Karma that surprise me. It is his incomprehension that at least 10 people here have researched him very, very well, not only based on the publicly online available resources. If you want my advice - use the ignore option. We know each other and it is pretty obvious that he won`t get what he wants. We also know that if he had the resources, knowledge and funding, he will start a new coin. More successful than Give or whatever, lol. Community (coin holders if you ask him) and Trademark in USA is what he is after. I am saying USA, cause only really stupid person can go for CTM application by the OHIM rules. It is only 900 Euro, but it is not giving to anyone the rights over the Trademark in all of the 28 EU countries. If someone wants a trademark in EU, he should know that it will be reaaaally expensive adventure and it will take at least a year. And at the end maybe it will not work. So only both, the combination of the coin holders and the Trademark in USA are what he is after.

Of course I offered to acquire the Trademark and hold it in a non-profit for the public trust.  You telling me you want KOSMOST to hold it for the rest of his life?

If you knew anything about Trademark utility then you'd know there is absolutely nothing stopping me or anyone else from just using the name.  My suggestion is to just let go of the fantasy that it's your own only asset.  And I highly doubt KOSMOST or anyone here would pay good money to try and bring a lawsuit against anyone using it.  You guy's can't even muster more than a couple hundred bucks for an API - snort

The funny thing is, despite the low interaction on the 2Give thread, we've actually seen a pretty dramatic rise in new miners in the last couple of weeks -- after all its X11 based and easy to make.  If you don't believe me, just watch our blockchain:

http://explorer.givecoin.info/chain/GiveCoin

And its poised to be reintroduced onto Bittrex and will have a featured place on spotlight panel when we launch 2Give.

You guys are completely free to try and ignore me -- I haven't pretended to be anonymous so feel free to dig around all you want.  I only hope you spend 1/2 as much time vetting everyone who comes here offering to help.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:19:41 AM

If you knew anything about Trademark utility then you'd know there is absolutely nothing stopping me or anyone else from just using the name.  My suggestion is to just let go of the fantasy that it's your own only asset.  And I highly doubt KOSMOST or anyone here would pay good money to try and bring a lawsuit against anyone using it.  You guy's can't even muster more than a couple hundred bucks for an API - snort

-dvd

its getting tiring reading these kind of comments from you. it's the main reason you get people rattled in here. You make good post but you spoil them the moment you post something like this. Almost every single post you mock , or discredit everyone here.  Roll Eyes
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 02:52:07 AM

-dvd

its getting tiring reading these kind of comments from you. it's the main reason you get people rattled in here. You make good post but you spoil them the moment you post something like this. Almost every single post you mock , or discredit everyone here.  Roll Eyes

Not everyone my friend -- only the people that make false accusations about my intent or about the state of the world...

I would hope that the community would set some standards for the use of the mark -- as well as sanction anyone that is doing anything that besmirches the good will?

This is a sensitive juncture for Karma the crypto coin -- 100% transparency and vigilance is required.

We can not allow "wishful thinking" to cloud our judgment.  We must rely on truth rooted in facts.

What I said may not be popular, but its absolutely true based on the evidence.  Let's not shy away from it.

If anything, lets simply acknowledge it and try and be and do better next opportunity.

IMHO

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: