Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:49:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guys think will happen to GPU mining?  (Read 2680 times)
amit2007gunjan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:09:09 AM

70% of new altcoins launch in the market is X11 coins. Future of altcoins should be X11 not scrypt.So gpu will not be obsolete in near future.

Use "ipoMiner" a altcoin multipool, if one is not sure about which coin to choose for mining in scrypt or x11 algo

There will be x11 ASICS soon.

Not so soon. We are yet to see the profitability and ROI on  scrypt Asics. Barring KNC miner Titan and a few, which are very expensive no asic will get an ROI and this will discourage other Asic manufacturers to venture into X11 or other algo.Even Titan has not been yet sold out completely.

And also, it will be not be profitable for Asic manufacturers to have a dedicated asic  for each and every algo .

Its circular. If any algo becomes big enough for the big GPU farms to switch, ASICS will come out.

I think mining will die a natural death anyway.

Even if there would be x11 algo ASICS, X13 algo coins are already being launched for GPU specific mining. GPU will never die and should co-exist with Asics amicably.

UbiatarPlay

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
        Cryptocurrency to be Everywhere     
   ●Power of Ubiquity  ●Connect- People  ●HumanNetwork  ●Marketplace   

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Github
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Googleplus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaideep1000 (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:29:02 AM

^^ exactly.
People will always find new algos for GPUs
ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:16:57 PM

^^ exactly.
People will always find new algos for GPUs

The problem is, you never know initially which coins are going to succeed from X11, X13 or any algo XYZ. That means GPU's first mover advantage is highly questioned. Also the power ratings spil oil to the possible failures. GPU mining is really high risk compared to ASICs because of this. Asics come out only when some companies/people are almost sure that some coins using a certain algo is gonna be there prime time.

amit2007gunjan

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:00:05 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 08:14:40 PM by amit2007gunjan

We all know, what ASICs have done to Bitcoin.Difficulty is sky rocketing every 12 to 15 days and there is a fierce arms race to grab those tera hash machines most of which will never produce ROI. Those ASICs have even defeated the true purpose of Bitcoin i.e. a meant to be decentralized currency now has been centered around a few affluents who could afford those expensive ASICs.

Already, scrypt ASICs have hit the market and more to come in from July onward. Diffuclty will  zoom up and there is no guarantee that prices will respond accordingly , because price of a coin depends on it's demand not on  hashing power, which only increases supply.

GPU will definitely finds it's way to survive each time with different algo, because it's a affordable mining tool for masses. Scrypt  coins are already outnumbered by X11.

More x11/scrypt multipools are coming into the market and they do their due diligence before decide to mine any coin.One can mine with those multipools if not sure about a coin.

UbiatarPlay

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
        Cryptocurrency to be Everywhere     
   ●Power of Ubiquity  ●Connect- People  ●HumanNetwork  ●Marketplace   

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Github
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Googleplus
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

We all know, what ASICs have done to Bitcoin.Difficulty is sky rocketing every 12 to 15 days and there is a fierce arms race to grab those tera hash machines most of which will never produce ROI. Those ASICs have even defeated the true purpose of Bitcoin i.e. a meant to be decentralized currency now has been centered around a few affluents who could afford those expensive ASICs.

Already, scrypt ASICs have hit the market and more to come in from July onward. Diffuclty will  zoom up and there is no guarantee that prices will respond accordingly , because price of a coin depends on it's demand not on  hashing power, which only increases supply.

GPU will definitely finds it's way to survive each time with different algo, because it's a affordable mining tool for masses. Scrypt  coins are already outnumbered by X11.

More x11/scrypt multipools are coming into the market and they do their due diligence before decide to mine any coin.One can mine with those multipools if not sure about a coin.

I think thats is why PoS is the future. Mining will always be wasteful and inefficient and centralise.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:56:27 AM

I suppose the future of GPU mining is bleak. With ASIC's coming in on a regular basis, GPU mining is not very cost effective due to the difficulty increases. I think it would be better to use GPU for Pre-Mining or mining new coins as they come out (and hope that they make it big!). Having said that, most crypto coming out these days appear to be copy paste coins Sad

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:39:08 AM

I suppose the future of GPU mining is bleak. With ASIC's coming in on a regular basis, GPU mining is not very cost effective due to the difficulty increases. I think it would be better to use GPU for Pre-Mining or mining new coins as they come out (and hope that they make it big!). Having said that, most crypto coming out these days appear to be copy paste coins Sad

For pre-mining not mining hardware required.
rony_90

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:09:51 PM

For pre-mining not mining hardware required.
There is one way i was pondering to mine HBN.. it gives 2% stake every 10 days roughly(though in theory) but we can mine and stake.
When price increases we convert them in BTC.
Any advise guys.?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:14:10 PM

Some coins with new algorithms will be still mining by GPU. For another ones with scrypt algo asics will be used.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:30:03 PM

I think it will die, because it uses so much power.
Also I think that some new products will be launched to mine bitcoin again.
Look at asic mining, they are already much better then the gpu, and more products like that will come on the market.
That dont use alot of power and that can mine alot of bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: