Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 03:00:03 PM

after all the dmd are minted, how is the blockchain going to be secured?

transaction fees, like with bitcoin. someone smarter can add to this, but i believe the transaction fees will be sufficient enough

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the_miner43

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:37:53 PM

Hi, I would mine DMD on ubuntu 14.04, I've already installed proprietary drivers for my gpu, but I don't know how install sgminer, on github I found only Windows version but nothing for Linux.
Someone can help me?
BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:57:28 PM

Hi, I would mine DMD on ubuntu 14.04, I've already installed proprietary drivers for my gpu, but I don't know how install sgminer, on github I found only Windows version but nothing for Linux.
Someone can help me?

Hello miner43 Smiley

I use Windows 7 64 bit and haven't tried on Linux. You have to use sgminer 4.1.0. Here is a copy of my bat configuration for Win7:

Code:
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k diamond -o stratum+tcp://dmdeu.miningfield.com:3377 -u (your username) -p (your password) --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --xintensity 350 --lookup-gap 0 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-target 70 --failover-only

--xintensity -> you can modify according to your GPU.

Hope these things can help you....
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 05:01:15 PM

after all the dmd are minted, how is the blockchain going to be secured?

transaction fees, like with bitcoin. someone smarter can add to this, but i believe the transaction fees will be sufficient enough

I'm not any smarter, but this is what I know...

You will still need 'miners' to create the new block, only difference is that new coins will not be minted, but the miner will collect the Tx fee.  That is for PoW coins, I have not researched how a PoS node will handle this, as a PoS node is still technically a 'miner' node also, it will not be able to mint any new coins from staking once max coin is reached.  

I need to learn how the PoS node will collect the Tx fee, based on if it won the staking block even when there will be no staking reward.  There are several different implementations of PoS coins, it will be interesting to see how the different coins will handle their network as Max Coins is reached.

Need a DMD dev to explain the way this coin will operate PoW/PoS after max coin is attained.
BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:20:28 PM

Just an observation: it will be ~ 30 years from now when we will reach max coin cap. So why bother now how it's going to be then? Think about what technology will be at that time and still there are ~ 30 years to think how the blockchain is going to be secured...
the_miner43

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:36:36 PM

Someone can help me?

Hello miner43 Smiley

I use Windows 7 64 bit and haven't tried on Linux. You have to use sgminer 4.1.0. Here is a copy of my bat configuration for Win7:

Code:
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k diamond -o stratum+tcp://dmdeu.miningfield.com:3377 -u (your username) -p (your password) --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --xintensity 350 --lookup-gap 0 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-target 70 --failover-only

--xintensity -> you can modify according to your GPU.

Hope these things can help you....
I'm sorry but this is not usefull on Linux. Thanks.
turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 07:16:04 PM

Just an observation: it will be ~ 30 years from now when we will reach max coin cap. So why bother now how it's going to be then? Think about what technology will be at that time and still there are ~ 30 years to think how the blockchain is going to be secured...

it's an interesting discussion, but yeah long ways away. i think for bitcoin the transaction fees wont be a problem, but for diamond there would need to be a lot more transactions/merchants seeing as it is a shadow compared to BTC in regards to wide scale adoption.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 09:51:06 PM

it's an interesting discussion, but yeah long ways away. i think for bitcoin the transaction fees wont be a problem, but for diamond there would need to be a lot more transactions/merchants seeing as it is a shadow compared to BTC in regards to wide scale adoption.

the statement there wont never be more than 4.38 million DMD existing
is a statement the DMD Diamound Foundation stand behind with full hearth

its not reflected by code now
we have over 30 years to code the prefered solution

what we have in mind is that some of the services we will provide u wont pay with DMD that we get
but u burn DMD

this means beside TX fees also burned DMD can be new mited and new mined

a second possible way to remove coins is to have for example a burn 10 year untouched coins mechanic

its from technical point of view easy to implement

u just allow to send coin with coinage above 10 years
to be send without know the private key
but allow only one target address for such transactions
which is the burn address

and then we scan all addresses each month and burn the lost coins

u see there many ways and we have 30 more years........

i can guarantee reach total coins wont be a issue

we stand by our word that there will be never more than 4.38 million DMD existing

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 09:52:27 PM

now is not good time for dmd, i dont see people buying it so much as last summer  Sad

this are the best times for the people who buy DMD

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 10:07:35 PM

idea 1 (turdminer):
reward most upvoted DMD Promotion article on steemit

idea 2 (hallared):
Make an objective article about DMD Diamond filled with information, links and references on Wikipedia. And complement existing topics about cryptocurrencies with DMD content.

idea 3 (hallared):
an audio jingle (audio loop or recording) that promotes DMD Diamond, to be broadcasted as commercial on for example Spotify, Deezer etc, radio stations, in mobile apps, on websites etc. In suitable media the jingle can be combined with a picture or banner of DMD, maybe linking to bit.diamonds. Perhaps this is a too expensive marketing at the moment… however the jingle can be made nonetheless.

idea 4 (stillontop) My idea would be to honor the most helpfull DMD users on bit.diamonds and bitcointalk.org.
For example at the end of a month, the most helpfull person receives a key.

idea 5 (stillontop) a content contest, maybe we have some skillfull people who could create a sick DMD promotion video for youtube. And because that's a lot of work, they get all leftovers keys.

----------
cryptonit oppinion:

i like the idea to give 1 key as reward for a wikipedia entry of DMD Diamond with objective content

i like the idea give 1 key as reward for a DMD Promo video

this would cost us two keys for the ideas givers hallared and stillontop

i understand create a video that we can use and suit our brand is lot effort

i understand create a wikipedia entry is also lot work special if u should also maintain it

so i offer to also to help fill that both keys  (how much of the 1000 DMD is tbd once we get serious offers from people to do that job)

what u think about this solution people?

stillontop

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:59:14 AM

I like your proposal cryptonit and maybe we can do it as a community effort. I would donate for sure.

A well written Wikipedia page for DMD, preferable maintained by an English native speaker would definitely be a good thing.
1000 DMD plus one year stake bonus address for creating and maintaining the page for one year sounds like a good offer to me.
It should also be stated how many lines of text it has to have and how many updates there have to be done.

The creation of a DMD promo video is probably the more hard thing to get done,
because it requires lots of things, like a gathering of ideas and usable content, ongoing communication between creators and DMD core team about status and progress.
Maybe there is a trustworthy group or person at bitcointalk.org who offers such services and would be interested to create it with a similar offer like for the Wikipedia page?

DMD-Address: dQxRzzz1Ae8J46V7KGhvSrbngTodtp5fp7
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:15:14 PM

Someone can help me?

I don’t use Linux myself so I’m not totally sure about this. But in the “good old days” Danbi made a modification to the sph-sgminer 4.1.0 and added support for the Diamond kernel. As far as I know this is the only miner that works with DMD and AMD cards (at least if you want to mine via stratum on a pool). I found the source code here: https://github.com/danbi/sph-sgminer. Don’t know if there are other versions available somewhere. Note that the kernel, diamond.cl, probably is an old slow one, so you should replace it with an optimized kernel instead for best results. Read the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=779598.0 by Pallas for more info about kernels and bins for the sph-sgminer. Hope this helps.

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:35:51 PM

now is not good time for dmd, i dont see people buying it so much as last summer  Sad

this are the best times for the people who buy DMD

for me i never have luck, always the same, when price is low i don't have any bitcoins  Angry
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 08:40:34 PM

Someone can help me?

I don’t use Linux myself so I’m not totally sure about this. But in the “good old days” Danbi made a modification to the sph-sgminer 4.1.0 and added support for the Diamond kernel. As far as I know this is the only miner that works with DMD and AMD cards (at least if you want to mine via stratum on a pool). I found the source code here: https://github.com/danbi/sph-sgminer. Don’t know if there are other versions available somewhere. Note that the kernel, diamond.cl, probably is an old slow one, so you should replace it with an optimized kernel instead for best results. Read the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=779598.0 by Pallas for more info about kernels and bins for the sph-sgminer. Hope this helps.

AMD or NVIDIA @the_miner43
afaik most ccminer trees (NVIDIA) are able to mine DMD with the algo setting dmd-gr
i own no more any AMD cards cant give u any hints there

update: ok i see u did write sgminer...... so AMD

then the link to the optimzed miner of pallas (hallared gave ya the link) is the best bet ask there maybe some of the guys there can help ya

mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:44:37 PM

any utility with the dmd blockchain
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 10:45:10 PM

any utility with the dmd blockchain

u did ask the same and got a answer already

If you had 30 seconds to describe what utility Diamond is good for, what would you say?

the roadmap is clear and stated multiple times

DMD 3.0  in 6-9 months
we switch there to a new codebase with higher secured keys and in lot areas improved and expanded bitcoin code

UCA  in 7-12 months
(unique crypto assets and related services and apps)
development should be done simultaneous with DMD 3.0 and release not much after DMD 3.0

the niche market we try to fill is unique crypto assets
that covers tag flag claim transfer gather and show them
most UCA will have a link to real world items and allow to prove uniqueness and ownership of this item

until DMD 3.0 stage starts and this real services and apps launches that utilize DMD
we have for now still the 25% POS coin rollout phase where coins create coins as demand creating factor

this means its still early adopter phase and gather a nice stockpile of DMD

once the services and apps go life that utilize DMD and additional the coin rollout slows down a lot when 25% POS stage ends

then the easy gather DMD time is over
how lower coinrollout and ways to spend DMD for services that u cant get without DMD will add up
thats the speculative factor

like any crypto investment
consider every cent invested as lost the moment u spend it
this way u can sleep well and will never risc money u need urgend

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 10:46:48 PM

This is an empty BTC wallet address: 1HcuwgjGbhsKHD7y4x1zbrK6Q7iGzvRpoS

We need suggestions for a book title...

Please could the Diamond Community get behind the book project.  Currently the content for the book has been researched from the 13th July 2013 to the end of April 2014 (the time at which the new developers took over Diamond [Evolution 2.0]).  Here is the rough timeline of events for this period:

i just send 0.2 BTC to 1HcuwgjGbhsKHD7y4x1zbrK6Q7iGzvRpoS

20% of donation goal (1 BTC) reached

https://blockchain.info/address/1HcuwgjGbhsKHD7y4x1zbrK6Q7iGzvRpoS

i suggest whales donating 0.1 and sharks 0.05
and we quick reach the goal

show this man what DMD community can do if there is a call to arms

regarding booktitle lets hear ur ideas

for now we have two

DMD Diamond

- the phoenix of crypto
- A Desire, a Dream, a Vision!

please give us more ideas
we will the make a voting of the top 5 entries

midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 12:17:24 AM

Book Title suggestion:

Shine - Like a Diamond Mind (Mine)

Influenced by this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opIyFDOtSzQ

And a book called "The Millionaire Mind" by Thomas J. Stanley
the_miner43

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 07:46:16 AM

Someone can help me?

Thanks, I will inform you just compile the source!
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 07:08:01 PM

Someone can help me?

Thanks, I will inform you just compile the source!

i can remember that u just need to change one file of the sph-sgminer 4.1.0 with a file of the pallas thread to increase performance a lot

more details u will find in that thread

Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: