Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:23:10 PM

http://groestlcoin.biz
1% fee Diamond pool
No registration necessary (just point your miners to stratum+tcp://groestlcoin.biz:3334 and use your wallet address as login)
No transaction fees
Payouts every hour (from 0.1 DMD)
Now with per uses statistics: http://groestlcoin.biz/workers

PS: I finally made it work, 5 blocks found so far. Payouts work ok.

A couple of questions:

• is your pool PROP?
  • does your pool require a minimum hashrate in order to receive payouts?
  • similar to a P2P, does your pool setup progressively reward increasing hashrates?

A couple of potential issues:

• I've been testing and, by my calculations, on one machine I should be getting 1/8 total coins mined (assuming that 1/8 hashrate directly correlates to a 1/8 payout), and I've only seen just over 0.5 coins in a period where your Tab Stats show 8 confirmed coins (just over half the expected payout, with 100% reported efficiency and almost zero rejects on my end) - am I calculating wrong?
  • much to my chagrin, another miner with a lesser hashrate hasn't received anything . . . something obviously wrong with that, right?
  • is it normal to see oscillating shares in the Worker Stats, with values that actually decrease from time to time?

Best regards and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:43:03 PM

Forum website http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html spammers attack again, hopefully in the new version of the site you will take additional security measures.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 08:46:14 AM

Forum website http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html spammers attack again, hopefully in the new version of the site you will take additional security measures.

once we move to new website we will also solve that forum spam troubles

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
WayForward

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:47:30 AM

and u know he is not one of them?   Roll Eyes

the first one who manged to get a -k groestlcoin miner diamond pool running
the first one who managed to get a -k diamond miner diamond pool running

a friendly guy who had always a open ear for questions
and who act very professional in everything he do

if i would be part of the foundation team i would try to get him on board

ohhh i am part of foundation team.....  Cool

All I know is that he is answering while you are not, and since it is not clear who the team is, I can only assume who is who. If Danbi is part of DMD team then good for you because at least I can understand what he says in a proper American English or perhaps Oxford English!! Cheesy Cheesy

I think its caused all these coding problems to be honest.     I still watch the thread and the same problems exist.  This cryptonit whatever is killing the coin.  Its not we want a proper written reply but the deflection and smart arsed remarks to genuine questions  is the problem.  Its a cant be bothered attitude.  

They could get all the trust back and more if they left the communication to the forum to a native english speaker - as thats your audience mainly.

Price dropped to half after a massive dump - probably the early miners who had such a low difficulty from the get go after the code change to groetl.

blah01

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:01:07 AM

Is this still profitable to solo mine over a pool?
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:01:53 AM

Price dropped to half after a massive dump - probably the early miners who had such a low difficulty from the get go after the code change to groetl.
About what a massive dump you say? Diamon will have only 4.7 million coins, this is a drop in the ocean compared with the Amount in other alt coins.
If developers DMD implement all what they say + coin will add to the Chinese exchanger, maybe in the fall we will see the price of $ 10 per coin.

Now the complexity coin production is not quite adequate to its cost, but still waiting the coming changes.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 04:29:28 PM

Yes, we know full well and it's a pain. I've just checked, we have 24 pages of unique accounts in our ban list. It's a massive amount, but they still keep coming.

Once the site is ready, we'll sort it out once and for all. Thanks to anyone reporting these things on the forum so we are able to remove the spam promptly reducing the nuisance it may cause.

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 05:00:21 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 05:11:00 PM by popshot

I think its caused all these coding problems to be honest.     I still watch the thread and the same problems exist.  This cryptonit whatever is killing the coin.  Its not we want a proper written reply but the deflection and smart arsed remarks to genuine questions  is the problem.  Its a cant be bothered attitude.  

They could get all the trust back and more if they left the communication to the forum to a native english speaker - as thats your audience mainly.

No, the problem are smart arsed accusations of us not doing the job, which we're clearly doing (behind the scenes). None of the Diamond team members whoever it is now and was in the past got a single Diamond out of it. We've invested a lot of our own money into infrastructure upkeep and other measures that allowed this coin to survive for so long. The amount of time and effort we've already put into it and are intending to put is well worth 5%. For now and foreseeable future we all work not for "skimmed" Diamonds, but because we believe in an idea. Do you (and I'm responding here generally) equally criticise mining pools for applying 2% fees while their work is limited to providing the static service?  

It's the smart arsed comments that are the direct cause of 'whatever' attitude and for sure are not helpful. Cryptonit is doing his best to respond to whatever question he is asked. Bear in mind that we don't always have answers and need to consult one another, so don't expect him to be an expert in every single issue. Be realistic people, we are just humans.

WayForward, what you think is your own opinion, and my opinion is quite contrary to yours, it's cryptonit that makes this coin alive and dumping on him some sort of responsibility for coding problems is just ridiculous in my view.  There are no coding issues at the moment and developmental and testing process goes smoothly as never before.

If you don't appreciate more direct contact with the developers (that you have here) that's fine. We can resort to making announcements only, so the coin can be judged on its own merits.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:59:30 PM

you should really supply the --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 parameter.

@danbi, thanks for the reply. The --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 parameter is part of my standard config (if I remember correctly, it's not possible to solo mine without that parameter, and it's used for Groestlcoin mining as well).

Will do some more testing and more thorough documentation when time allows before PMing you (I'm very busy for the rest of the day . . . maybe later tonight).

In the meantime, perhaps some of your other stratum miners could post config and/or bat file configurations?
I didn't solo mine recently dmd (meaning this week), but I never had any problem solo mining it without this parameter.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
ashfallen0

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:18:42 AM

I know the DMD dev team states that they wished to replicate the successes of Blackcoin by swapping over to groestl and adding PoS to the system; but for the end consumer such as myself we need some form of benchmark for progress. 

-With my BC wallet I can open my wallet for staking only, not unlock the whole thing. 
-With my BC wallet I can see what my stake is vs the network stake is and an expected stake time.
-With BC there is a DEV supplied/supported/configured pool that functioned on standard protocols at launch.
-I also had to edit the Diamond.pro file to get the wallet to compile properly; boost library is specified instead of minimum.
-No Checkpointing system in place.  Had to sync the entire 410k blockchain from scratch.  Should have a checkpoint at the last hardfork.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a DMD miner off and on since I favor low volume currencies for stability in the long run.  I see potential in the dev support channel the way it's designed, and I can see in the market depth that the PoS is having the desired effect.  I just want to see my .05 being used to work out bugs, not reinvent the wheel.   

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the BC wallet is also open-source? 
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:57:19 AM

SIZE BID on craptsy at .00054 - 7337 left from an original order of 7555 -

SaintFrantic

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:49:39 AM

Interesting. I wonder why they don't buy up that will bring the price high.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:03:40 AM

I know the DMD dev team states that they wished to replicate the successes of Blackcoin by swapping over to groestl and adding PoS to the system; but for the end consumer such as myself we need some form of benchmark for progress. 

-With my BC wallet I can open my wallet for staking only, not unlock the whole thing. 
-With my BC wallet I can see what my stake is vs the network stake is and an expected stake time.
-With BC there is a DEV supplied/supported/configured pool that functioned on standard protocols at launch.
-I also had to edit the Diamond.pro file to get the wallet to compile properly; boost library is specified instead of minimum.
-No Checkpointing system in place.  Had to sync the entire 410k blockchain from scratch.  Should have a checkpoint at the last hardfork.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a DMD miner off and on since I favor low volume currencies for stability in the long run.  I see potential in the dev support channel the way it's designed, and I can see in the market depth that the PoS is having the desired effect.  I just want to see my .05 being used to work out bugs, not reinvent the wheel.   

hi ashfallen0

thx for sharing ur ideas
our goal was never to replicate the success of blackcoin
but to write a own diamond success story

the combination of diamonds features is unique not a copy off
groestl algo endless (30+ years)  hybrid pow/pos with foundation support

and we are world first coin that uses totalcoin to be able trigger the coin stages dynamical depend on the minting behavior of stakeholder
if less people mint and more coin-age be burned at transactions dynamical the high reward POS stage stay active longer
because we not trigger ad a defined block and choose instead a totalcoin ammount as trigger

also our goal to host in the future a chain of merged mining coins to improve network security for them all and increase mining rewards for them all is a rare concept

another goal we aiming for is having a way for asic owners (sha256/scrypt) to mine dmd by make a partnership with a alternative payout multipool

but we understand all points u address here and in lot areas we aim in same direction
just we not gona clone BC wallet but instead will add in the future from all code-compatible wallets the "best off"
and additional  increase value of our wallet and code by find own solutions too

this will be a ongoing process the whole foundation is build around the idea to make sure diamond have ongoing development for years

br

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:27:54 AM

Interesting. I wonder why they don't buy up that will bring the price high.

thats easy to understand
whales not aim to increase coin value
they aim to increase their share of diamonds

diamond its all about longterm investment

if ya seek one week profit u wrong here

it was not planed that POS activate have to be part of next wallet and not already working

but the market reacting with low coin value is a good opportunity for investors
(low value is relative still its 2x pre announcement of coin relaunch)

only miners who instant sell are hurt

investors and miner who hold coins  dont worry at all

please keep in mind after total coins reached 1500000 diamond POW rewards will be drastically reduced
the main coin rollout mechanism from then on is via POS and this alone should make clear
that each diamond u be able buy this days so cheap will pay off multiple times the money u invested

if ya ask me for my  diamond investment tactic i can share it with u
it is to buy into diamond with as much fiat u can afford to declare as gone (this is required for any crypto coin investment..)
withdraw from exchange into your wallet and go every 40 days 1 day into minting mode

dont even consider to sell this diamonds in the next two years

and after that 2 years i would suggest to sell in small pieces just that  much diamonds to get back ur invested fiat with some extra bonus

u should have still a big amount of diamonds left in your wallet after that

and this wallet is then what we always did describe as main coin purpose
a storage of wealth

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:47:48 AM

and we are world first coin that uses totalcoin to be able trigger the coin stages dynamical

We passed that stage about 2 hours ago (400,000 coins).  Is any PoS happening?  My oldest coins are a few days away from the 30 day minimum.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:03:16 AM

and we are world first coin that uses totalcoin to be able trigger the coin stages dynamical depend on the minting behavior of stakeholder
if less people mint and more coin-age be burned at transactions dynamical the high reward POS stage stay active longer
because we not trigger ad a defined block and choose instead a totalcoin ammount as trigger

Could you please elaborate and further explain what you are saying here? I know you're not a native speaker, but, like so many others have politely asked, could you work on a clearer, perhaps even more detailed and precise, explanation? Honestly, I didn't clearly understand anything of the above comment other than "world first coin". I'm thinking that maybe if you express yourself in your native language it might be better (or, ideally, both your mother tongue and English), and I mean that seriously since a google translation might actually be a big help.

Please bear with us as we bear with you.

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:38:50 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 10:52:52 AM by johndec2

HR. I'm pretty good at cryptic crosswords and I'm used to reading his posts, so I'll have a stab at it.  Grin

What he is saying that the various block halvings/PoS reductions etc will happen after a certain amount of coins are produced not arbitrarily at Block XXXX.  The coins have to be sitting in your wallet for 30 days before any PoS can occur, in your exchange wallet is not good enough and every time you move them the 30 day counter resets.

Now because changes to mining and PoS rewards only occur after a certain number of coins are produced, the more people buy/sell, etc means that less coins will be produced by PoS hence extending the time to the next reward adjustments.

I think  Shocked
danbi

Activity: 393

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:10:26 AM

These are all very good points.

However, most of the things you say are cosmetic features, that are trivial to implement by just copying the code. Let's say, a day job, plus testing. At the moment, Diamond has other problems to resolve first, mostly results of long neglected code. Not that the code in most other coins is many better (hint: it is identical).
With Diamond aiming to be not a 'mine and dump' coin, it is likely many of these features will be implemented with time.

As II have strudied the code of many cryptocoins, it is however interesting for me to understand this statement about being able to mint, without "opening" your wallet.
This in theory is not possible, because in order to be able to "mint" you need to be able to create outgoing transactions. In order to do that, you need to be able to sign the transactions. In order to do that, you *must* unencrypt your private key(s).

Now, all of the cryptocoins I see implement the "for minting only" feature are in fact deluding the user. They *ARE* unlocking their wallets, but not permitting any sending of amounts with the UI. Amounts are (in some implementations) possible to send via RPC calls and .. if someone has hacked into your computer, they need nothing else but your private key -- would care less if *you* can send coins -- they will claim the coins using your private key(s) elsewhere anyway  (as this is what makes the keys "yours").

I will eventually study the darkcoin code as well, for any hints of better implementation. Smiley

Diamond v2 indeed uses available coin amounts as switch to drive coin mechanics. It means exactly that: if coins are burned out, the event will arrive later. This provides an interesting approach to inflation.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 08:28:38 PM by cryptonit

Could you please elaborate and further explain what you are saying here?
Please bear with us as we bear with you.

trigger:
activate a change in coin rules

example:
most coins use triggers like

block 1-1000 = 1000 pow reward
block 1000-10000= 500 pow reward

or

first year = 20% pos reward
second year = 15% pos reward

in the case of diamond coin rollout we have a phase with high POW rewards and high POS rewards (1.05 dmd each POW block AND 50% POS (per anno))

our goal is longterm to have a coinrollout running 30+ years so it is important that our triggers who reduce POW rewards and POS rewards kick in at a special totalcoin amount

and u cant just make a excel list check how much coins exist each month and add the 50% POS (divided trought 12)
and by this estimate how the amount of total coins increase. every atempt to estimate now at which block we will reach 1500000 coins will fail

why?

because people can never mint all the theoretical coin-age
each transaction destroy coin-age which will be lost for POS rewards
and there might be some people who never go into mint mode.....
(lost wallets (computer broke and no backup of wallet.dat as example) lost passwords and so on)

so we invented the totalcoin amount trigger which will change the behavior of all wallets once totalcoins reach a trigger value
(console getinfo money supply = total coins)

this way no matter if a lot people POS their coins or a lot coin-age is destroyed and not minted into POS rewards our coin rollout speed is not affected

if less people mint the high POW rewards phase stay active longer and the total coins rollout speed stay around the same.

try calculate some of the mushroom like appearing coins and their features
u will find out lot of them stop to work in months or even weeks because POW and POS phase is over......
and a coin where no new blocks are generated is stuck..... no new block=no transactions working

diamond is having endless hybrid POW/POS network security and block generation
diamond is designed to be at least 30 years working without design changes needed
and we have lot of time to implement early enought a moneysink to make it a endless running system

shortterm people complain about not big rewards in a few weeks maybe
longterm people will complain about dev-less coins broken coins misdesigned coin-features

diamond is all about longterm and avoid all that traps

im sorry if to be able explain u the reason behind the coin design desicions maybe give reason for another questions

but i will try my best to answer follow up questions

regarding the diamond coin spec design i am the expert and i am able answer every question

they where the basic requirements for our coders

im not a coder myself and that isnt required
to design coin features and coin behavior

henry ford said:

i estimate if we would have asked people what they want the answer would be similar

"we want diamonds with more value"

what we did was to implement features that give your diamonds more value
each diamond u mine or buy now will reproduce itself in the hot coin rollout phase
at least once so basical every dmd now count for at least two DMD longterm

ashfallen0

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:33:46 PM

These are all very good points.

However, most of the things you say are cosmetic features, that are trivial to implement by just copying the code. Let's say, a day job, plus testing. At the moment, Diamond has other problems to resolve first, mostly results of long neglected code. Not that the code in most other coins is many better (hint: it is identical).
With Diamond aiming to be not a 'mine and dump' coin, it is likely many of these features will be implemented with time.

As II have strudied the code of many cryptocoins, it is however interesting for me to understand this statement about being able to mint, without "opening" your wallet.
This in theory is not possible, because in order to be able to "mint" you need to be able to create outgoing transactions. In order to do that, you need to be able to sign the transactions. In order to do that, you *must* unencrypt your private key(s).

Now, all of the cryptocoins I see implement the "for minting only" feature are in fact deluding the user. They *ARE* unlocking their wallets, but not permitting any sending of amounts with the UI. Amounts are (in some implementations) possible to send via RPC calls and .. if someone has hacked into your computer, they need nothing else but your private key -- would care less if *you* can send coins -- they will claim the coins using your private key(s) elsewhere anyway  (as this is what makes the keys "yours").

I will eventually study the darkcoin code as well, for any hints of better implementation. Smiley

Diamond v2 indeed uses available coin amounts as switch to drive coin mechanics. It means exactly that: if coins are burned out, the event will arrive later. This provides an interesting approach to inflation.

I'd like to start out by clarifying that when I stated that "devs wanted to replicate success of blackcoin", I had read that exact intent elsewhere in this thread.  If that was in error, I apologize for the assumption.  That was the basis of my intent of comparing what I consider a successful PoS coin/wallet vs the growing pains that DMD are experiencing.  The biggest problem in the CC area is the genital measuring problem.  Everyone wants to be "new and unique" and refuses to take the best of other coins because the feel that will dilute the "themness" of their particular coin. 

That being said, I get what you mean by needing to study a feature before implementing it.  I wasn't suggesting copypasta without looking.  I was pointing out that from what I can see from reading and for my own .05, the largest question on everyone's mind is not how staking works as an overall mechanic, but how that is going to affect their wallet individually and when.  I'm suggesting that if there is some form of priority board being maintained, that features that provide news or information to the user should be top priority.

There should be some priority given to a wallet readouts of "Staking [IS/NOT] enabled";"Current Stake XX%";" X Diamonds until Stake XX% ";" If Stake starts 00:00GMT today, your stake in 30 days will be: XXX DMD" 

Having that type of exacting info to the user would sort 90% of your user-end questions at the moment.  Users of the coin/software shouldn't have to forum dive to derive meaningful understanding about what their money is doing at a given moment, that drives confidence down.  Less user questions gives you devs more time to sort out all that "long-neglected code" without needing to be glued to forums all day.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: