Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:06:36 AM

@cryptonit what is best pool in your opinion for diamond (excluding srcxxx of course),  Difficulty is getting out of Solo mining range for me Sad
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:49:04 AM

[...]

Nornally I use ubuntu to mine. But since I didn't want to screw up all the hard work I have put in making the ubuntu work rather seamlessly I prefered making the test under Windows 7 wich is my secondary boot partition. It might be possible to do it under an *nix environment but I don't want to lose anymore time pausing my rig to install/unistall etc etc, specially because I will have to forcibly shut down the rig due to a melted connector in the PSU...No idea how that happned!!!... so if anyone is willing to do it in ubuntu/linux/xubuntu, that would be very welcomed and valuable to the community.

I too use Ubuntu for mining, too lazy to port all this GPU stuff to FreeBSD <grin> But -- don't yet have a single 750ti -- this boards looks like it will be good investment. I won't even need the monster PSUs anymore!

The PSU problem -- was it melted at the GPU side? Those connectors are very bad indeed. The original Molex connectors are sort of reasonable, but the clones are... just absurd. There are several different specs for the connectors, especially the leads inside, some for very low currents --- and sadly most PSU/cards come with the lowest spec connectors!

I started doing my own cables and PSU (based on the IBM BladeCenter 2000W PSU, my power distribution board is now done) -- and it is very obvious why they do it -- the real good connectors (9A per pin) are noticeably more expensive than the fakes.

Will be useful, if you can do some charts for performance/power consumption. Also, some "real world" measurement of hashing performance.

Anecdote: Just now waiting for my car to go out of inspection and, asked the technicians to do tests to identify why it would show higher fuel consumption in the city -- their answer was: "you were looking at the board computer measurement, right? those computers usually lie, something might have happened and it no longer shows real numbers. you should do an full tank test to measure your actual fuel consumption".

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 07:55:57 AM

Vote for Diamond DMD on

click pic or this link https://www.mintpal.com/voting#DMD

dont spend BTC for voting! (better spend btc to buy more dmd   Cool )
create a mintpal account deposite some little btc amount buy some other coins
(or deposit and sell some other coins which are traded at mintpal)
after that u able to vote each hour for free
once u did one trade on mintpal u allowed to vote each hour without need to pay

place #149 now

i set a bounty from my own wallet (not foundation)

paying 1 DMD to everyone who reached a new rank

so first one reporting #148 and walletaddress
@ http://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,16.0.html
gets 1 DMD by me (or alex if he faster and ninja rewarding again)

IMPORTANT only claim rewards on
http://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,16.0.html

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:00:09 AM

@cryptonit what is best pool in your opinion for diamond (excluding srcxxx of course),  Difficulty is getting out of Solo mining range for me Sad

+---------------------------------------+
                       Mining Pools

danbi's pool
0.75% Fee , PROP, stratum & pushpool

minep.it
0.75% Pool Fee, Payouts Every Minute, DDOS protection, Unique Interface

Mining software: http://bit.diamonds/mining.html

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
utahjohn

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:25:50 AM

OK thanks I'm on Danbi's now ...
How to turn off the annoying block found bell Huh
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:10:12 AM

OK thanks I'm on Danbi's now ...
How to turn off the annoying block found bell Huh

yes danbi how to turn of that..... please make at least a mute button

once i was watching my stats before leave company at evening and next day when i came to work people asked me why my pc make strange noises Wink

hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:21:21 AM

Mining Pools

danbi's pool

minep.it

Hmm, isn't Danbis Pool at 0% fee?
And Minepit has payouts after every 1 DMD confirmed, not every minute.

Maybe it's time to clean up among the pool links on bit.diamonds, just as it has been done here in this thread. Links to Omargpools, Cryptofrenzy and Noncepool are still there, but Minepit is missing. But I guess that you're already aware of this since you changed it in this thread.

utahjohn

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:29:46 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 09:46:39 AM by utahjohn

@cryptonit what is best pool in your opinion for diamond (excluding srcxxx of course),  Difficulty is getting out of Solo mining range for me Sad

Mining Pools

danbi's pool

minep.it

Maybe it's time to clean up among the pool links on bit.diamonds, just as it has been done here in this thread. Links to Omargpools, Cryptofrenzy and Noncepool are still there, but Minepit is missing. But I guess that you're already aware of this since you changed it in this thread.

Yes it does not much good for Diamond's appearance if incorrect info is on website and cryptsy info page ...
Numerous spelling errors also need to be corrected on website if we are to be a professional coin Smiley
hallared

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:41:06 AM

The new wallet works perfectly fine. I have some questions though about some parameters.

What's the difference between the Stakepower element in getmininginfo and the Minting weight/Network weight in the mini-stats tooltip? And is the weight in mini-stats somehow linked to coinage or is it just a number?

When you activate Coin Control there is a column named Priority. What does this mean? Is it linked in some way to minting, so that for example the coins with high priority has already been minted, or are they about to be minted? Or does priority mean something else?

The stakepower element is essentially the sum of coin age of all eligible coins (amounts).

The weight wallues are ...  just numbers. Used in order to create reasonable comparison. We might adjust these numbers in future.

The Priority column in coin control is related to coin age. Older coins have higher priority. The code is from bitcoin and the concept is that you might have to pay fee for newer coins. So the original theory is the higher priority ask for less fees. This is it true for Diamond. In our case you should consider priority as an measure of the chance of the coins to stake. We have some more work to do here, especially the tool tips information, which is sometimes confusing. For example it talks about 0.01 fees, while ours are 0.001.

Thanks Danbi for your answer. That clarifies things for me. Just a follow-up question. Is the stakepower element measured in blocks then, or something else?

The stakepower element is measured in coin days. For example, if you have stakepower of 10, that might mean (most likely) you have 1 DMD value, with age of 10 days.
If you have stakepower 100, that might mean either you have 10 DMD amount 10 days old, or 5 DMD amount 20 days old or any other combination that yeld 100 coins*age of eligible coins. Coins become eligible for staking after being 7 days old.

The coin age is measured in absolute time. You could derive a close approximation, by diving the 'confirmations' element in 'listunspent' by 720 (24 hours by 60 minutes) as Diamond has a general block spacing of 1 minute.

Thank you again for answering. Now it all makes sense Smiley. By the way (as everyone already noticed) 24 times 60 is 1440, but I understand perfectly what you mean.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:16:10 AM

Yes it does not much good for Diamond's appearance if incorrect info is on website and cryptsy info page ...
Numerous spelling errors also need to be corrected on website if we are to be a professional coin Smiley

danbi's pool is 0% but we try to "force" him match his pool fees to the lowest fee of active alternative pools
which would in the moment the 0.75% of minep.it

a lot pool owner said the cant open a pool because danbi run a foundation supported 0% pool
we want to react and make sure danbi pool have no advantage against pools not owned by foundation members
(that he is a great guy and have as only one set up a pushpool for alternate mining software should be advantage enought no 0% fee needed)

regarding website errors please report them via PM to popshot the kind of the webpage

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:17:18 AM

Thank you again for answering. Now it all makes sense Smiley. By the way (as everyone already noticed) 24 times 60 is 1440, but I understand perfectly what you mean.

dam danbi now everyone know u a alien from a planet with 12 hour days............

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:21:29 AM

According to Minepit Ann on this forum, one minute payouts are a fact.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7398690;topicseen#msg7398690
I was not aware of the changes and would like to have this confirmed by the pool op.

Danbi's pool is still set to 0% but the info on the OP is so to speak ahead of the change. We need more mining pools and undercutting everyone with zero fee is not good strategy in the long run. Danbi still needs to agree to this change and I'm hoping he will Wink

I have made changes to the website (update on pools) but apparently haven't pushed it. That's what happens when you work on too many things at the same time Smiley thanks for bringing it up. As for spelling mistakes.. ehh the website is still work in progress, patience.

polanskiman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:24:19 AM

[...]

Nornally I use ubuntu to mine. But since I didn't want to screw up all the hard work I have put in making the ubuntu work rather seamlessly I prefered making the test under Windows 7 wich is my secondary boot partition. It might be possible to do it under an *nix environment but I don't want to lose anymore time pausing my rig to install/unistall etc etc, specially because I will have to forcibly shut down the rig due to a melted connector in the PSU...No idea how that happned!!!... so if anyone is willing to do it in ubuntu/linux/xubuntu, that would be very welcomed and valuable to the community.

I too use Ubuntu for mining, too lazy to port all this GPU stuff to FreeBSD <grin> But -- don't yet have a single 750ti -- this boards looks like it will be good investment. I won't even need the monster PSUs anymore!

The PSU problem -- was it melted at the GPU side? Those connectors are very bad indeed. The original Molex connectors are sort of reasonable, but the clones are... just absurd. There are several different specs for the connectors, especially the leads inside, some for very low currents --- and sadly most PSU/cards come with the lowest spec connectors!

I started doing my own cables and PSU (based on the IBM BladeCenter 2000W PSU, my power distribution board is now done) -- and it is very obvious why they do it -- the real good connectors (9A per pin) are noticeably more expensive than the fakes.

Will be useful, if you can do some charts for performance/power consumption. Also, some "real world" measurement of hashing performance.

Anecdote: Just now waiting for my car to go out of inspection and, asked the technicians to do tests to identify why it would show higher fuel consumption in the city -- their answer was: "you were looking at the board computer measurement, right? those computers usually lie, something might have happened and it no longer shows real numbers. you should do an full tank test to measure your actual fuel consumption".

They are indeed much more efficient. 55W for 7 Mhash.. plus they are close to half the size of the 280x and not to mention the non-existant heat. As for the PSU, indeed, a 860W or even a 600W PSU would suffise for 6 GPUs. It wil be a blessing for the electricity bill!!

No it was melted at the PSU side. Something extremely strange though as I hadn't noticed it before and 2 of the PCI-E (empty) connectors were partially melted. Not even where the GPUs were connected..... Huh ... go figure! Me thinking someone/somehow/at some point disconnected the melted connector and plugged it on another port (twice)... If it was me then I could only have done that while sleep walking, which I don't do.  Angry

Anyways whatever the reason I find this really abusive since I bought the top of the line PSUs (2 x Seasonic 860W 80 Plus Platinum rated). They are supposed to be the caviar of the PSUs. Four 280x for two 860W PSU is way more than enough so obviously the problem did not come from me overloading the PSU's.

If I had the knowelegde I would do like you and build my own PSU.

I can try to do some chart but it wont be anything scientific, more of a homemade benchmark. But you can already see without going into too much detail that those 750 Ti are killers!

As for fuel consumption inside the city, that is totally normal. Driving in a city means slowing down, accelerating, braking etc etc much more often than on long distances or highway, which leads to higher fuel consumption. Basically on my 650CC bike I can consume twice more in the city than if I go for long uninterrupted trips outside the city boundaries.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:47:03 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 12:14:14 PM by cryptonit

But you can already see without going into too much detail that those 750 Ti are killers!

and who said it first?

diamond daddy himself Cool

hallared

The hen or the egg

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:34:15 AM

According to Minepit Ann on this forum, one minute payouts are a fact.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg7398690;topicseen#msg7398690
I was not aware of the changes and would like to have this confirmed by the pool op.

Well, that must be correct then. I guess they generate payouts every minute for all pools. But in the Diamond Pool they have a fixed payout threshold of 1 DMD, that's what I was referring to. Never mind then  Smiley

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:32:41 PM

Diamond [DMD] Paper Wallet

i think in that the paper wallet that was part of birthday release
didnt get enought attention i like the look of it test it out at
http://diamond.danbo.bg/bitaddress.org/bitaddress.org.html?culture=en

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:40:34 PM

paper wallet looks good! :-)
on a side note, the new wallet uses more cpu than the previous one.
maybe it's because of the new indexing, danbi probably knows...

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:50:52 PM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#DMD

whenever u can vote please

we got feedback from mintpal they use even after september the voting behavior as one of the points to consider if new coins get added

all they change is that coins get not a gurantee to be added just by being on place 1 on voting list

he-man

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:36:30 PM

Hey guys, should we try to spread the hashing a bit?

Donate if you like he-man Wink

8bgxSh44Gx9fHtn5AKnWXEuVz9vgvfgREd
utahjohn

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:45:28 PM

Hey guys, should we try to spread the hashing a bit?
Don't know what the pool hashrate distribution is, went back to Solo mining as I found the frequent "Dings" on Danbi's pool too annoying ...
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: