Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC bounty for cracking bitcoin wallet  (Read 5134 times)
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:39:05 AM

Has the 1 Bitcoin been discovered yet? I can't say its worth the effort to encrypt or not!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loewen.brad

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:33:47 AM

Has the 1 Bitcoin been discovered yet? I can't say its worth the effort to encrypt or not!
According to the blockchain.info link OP provided, the 1 BTC is still there in the wallet.

BTC Donation address: 1C9kFrgD4iHRnH7p86HaAQ5oSaEuzqmjf8
XIV Donation address: XErCR9BXh2oVXBy2Yh48qcRaX9tdDCRH5J
Chrithu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:34:41 PM

According to the blockchain.info link OP provided, the 1 BTC is still there in the wallet.

And I guess it will stay there for a good long while. As far as I understood it the people that put the wallet out there did so to prove that they are capable of securely storing the Bitcoin of their customers. Thus I believe they have chosen a passphrase (40+ chars) instead of just a password (8 to 13 characters), which means it is unable to brute force at this time and unless they give out hints or someone already had a keylogger on the machine on which the wallet was encrypted the wallet won't ever be decrypted/cracked.

FFrost

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:18:29 PM

Well might be able to cracking this when the world ends!
truongphi

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Mainstream For The Underground

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:35:34 PM

you can't crack it.

MFTU   Mainstream For The Underground   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:04:04 PM

Why can't it be cracked? Is it because the password has a massive amount of characters? Does anyone know how long the password is?
HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:27:10 AM

If you are still doubting this file, I would suggest you go to the original website to see the details: http://www.joybtc.com/zh-cn/pd/pda.php?id=A00001
I was infected by the chrome extensions peercoin ticker, all the bitcoin addresses I posted in this forum were changed automatically. So check my original post again.

HAHAHAHA, LFMAO! Literally!

"No way it has a virus... oh, btw malware has hijacked my pc to steal peercoins but no problem, let Chinese firedrill begin...!"
monsterbitty

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:44:48 AM

Let the hackers do their job. Smiley. I am still thinking, is it really can able to get cracked?
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:04:26 AM

Let the hackers do their job. Smiley. I am still thinking, is it really can able to get cracked?

Depends on the length of the password. If the point is to show that the wallet is uncrackable then they'd have created a long password (possibly one that is ridiculous in length and not realistic to the memory of a person) which means by the time you get past it you'd be long dead. Only way I can see you cracking it is if there is a flaw/exploit in the encryption - but it is rather unlikely.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:36:08 AM

As long as it is 10+ characters , nobody is going to break it soon ever

12 alphanumeric characters is safe enough to withstand an array of computers all attempting to crack it and 13 characters could probably handle any technological advances for the next half a century.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:13:10 AM

As long as it is 10+ characters , nobody is going to break it soon ever

12 alphanumeric characters is safe enough to withstand an array of computers all attempting to crack it and 13 characters could probably handle any technological advances for the next half a century.

Unless his password is something like "Password123456" lol. Cheesy

austins

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:50:59 AM

do file have Virus or malware?

ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:28:28 AM

If you are still doubting this file, I would suggest you go to the original website to see the details: http://www.joybtc.com/zh-cn/pd/pda.php?id=A00001

This wallet is not mine, it is belong to JoyBTC. JoyBTC wants to prove they can protect the users money securely, so they make a wallet like this. But I think there should be geek/hacker who can crack this wallet, so I write this thread here. JoyBTC's weibo(twitter):http://weibo.com/joybtc

If wallet hasn't some stupid password like 1234 geek/hacker won't help Cheesy Cheesy
amazonrefunder1

Activity: 126

illuminati

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:04:14 AM

First words starting with "83&sjoy" and now i still working on it and I'll get the 1 BTC I'm sure .
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:06:33 AM

Why are people bragging it as a virus file ? I don't think its a virus file since its .dat the most it can do is mess up your system 32 files .You don't have to execute this file ,just save the file as something else and scan using some good virus scanner .
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:16:30 AM

how to check File for Virus first?

Check it on virultotal.com , you will get full report from every anti virus .

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:05:04 AM

Check it on virultotal.com , you will get full report from every anti virus .
It doesn't help when the virus is FUD. Or better said, undetectable or still not detected. The virus could be cryptic inside the zip file.
If it has a virus that is undetected and you open it - boom, your coins on your computer are gone Wink
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:01:53 AM

This is waste of time, im pretty sure the password is not just 5 letters long password, im pretty sure they used a random password generator with 15 letters or more Roll Eyes
You will need NASA computer to crack this one Wink
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:27:52 AM

If you don't know how to check file for a virus then you probably don't want to download this file in the first place. As there is NO WAY that you will crack it.

This is waste of time, im pretty sure the password is not just 5 letters long password, im pretty sure they used a random password generator with 15 letters or more Roll Eyes

If they wanted to make sure that this wallet is secure to prove their point then  password is probably much longer than 15 characters and is near impossible to brute force.
Without serious cracker knowledge I wouldn't bother with this bounty at all.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:33:17 AM

If you don't know how to check file for a virus then you probably don't want to download this file in the first place. As there is NO WAY that you will crack it.

If they wanted to make sure that this wallet is secure to prove their point then  password is probably much longer than 15 characters and is near impossible to brute force.
Without serious cracker knowledge I wouldn't bother with this bounty at all.
looks like your friend amazon refunder up there managed to get the first 7 letters Roll Eyes
But who knows how many letters are inside the file Tongue
It might take years just to open the file or even more Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: