Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:39:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Edit: Misleading Title. Interesting Experience Today  (Read 2977 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:15:40 AM

I have a tested IQ of 140 and am skeptical of most things...Just saying. that we all have IQs of 140.

But I got the proof in hand, bitches.

You caught me... I rounded up from 136.

You might as well.  It would be within your expected range.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 03:17:12 AM

Coins = DigiCash I believe, therefore I have David Chaum:

Dr. David Chaum is the founder and a member of the Board of Directors of DigiCash Inc., a company that has pioneered electronic cash innovations.

He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science, with a minor in Business Administration, from the University of California at Berkeley and taught at New York University Graduate School of Business Administration and at the University of California. He built up a cryptography research group at the Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) in Amsterdam and during this time also founded DigiCash. In 1993, he left CWI to become CEO of DigiCash, which had doubled in size since its founding in 1990 with 12 employees.

In the area of cryptography, he has published over 45 original technical articles (see list of articles), received over 17 US patents, and founded the scientific organization, the International Association for Cryptographic Research (IACR). Concurrently he created and chaired the Smart Card 2000 conferences and several European Union funded industry consortia, including  CAFE, which focused on  electronic-wallets and the smart cards they hold..
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:19:53 AM

Dr. David Chaum is the founder and a member of the Board of Directors of DigiCash Inc., a company that has pioneered electronic cash innovations.

He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science, with a minor in Business Administration, from the University of California at Berkeley and taught at New York University Graduate School of Business Administration and at the University of California. He built up a cryptography research group at the Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) in Amsterdam and during this time also founded DigiCash. In 1993, he left CWI to become CEO of DigiCash, which had doubled in size since its founding in 1990 with 12 employees.

In the area of cryptography, he has published over 45 original technical articles (see list of articles), received over 17 US patents, and founded the scientific organization, the International Association for Cryptographic Research (IACR). Concurrently he created and chaired the Smart Card 2000 conferences and several European Union funded industry consortia, including  CAFE, which focused on  electronic-wallets and the smart cards they hold..

That might be right.  He mentioned 2 names for it.  "Coins" was the 2nd name for it that he mentioned, and the first may have been digicash but I don't remember. 
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 03:27:49 AM

That might be right.  He mentioned 2 names for it.  "Coins" was the 2nd name for it that he mentioned, and the first may have been digicash but I don't remember. 

Or this: https://www.cashu.com/site/en/aboutUs

cashU is a Payment Service Provider with a focus on internet payments in Middle East and North Africa. Our head office is in Dubai, from where we serve global and regional online merchants with a complete suite of payment solutions custom built to cater for local culture and the Arabic online buying habits and trends.

cashU was established in 2002 by Maktoob (now Yahoo) and our management team is the region’s most experienced online payment experts with a solid background from regional and international banking, credit card processing, alternative payment solutions and online monetization and marketing industries.

cashU today serves online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries with secure, accessible and easy to use payment solutions, giving everyone the possibility to buy online without discriminating on age, income, nationality or banking contacts.

cashU is a payment platform that is built upon, and encapsulates the most sophisticated and up to date fraud prevention and AML systems reducing the risks associtated with online payments for both buyers and sellers which all allows for wider, safer and faster consumer participation in e-commerce.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:29:28 AM

...David Chaum's digital cash uses the building blocks of cryptography
in an intriguing fashion to create a system with the following
characteristics.  Alice purchases digital "coins" from her bank - as
with coins and notes, in a variety of denominations according to her
likely spending.  Each "coin" is a few hundred bytes or so of
information, which she keeps in her computer(s) and/or on a floppy
disk or a smart card designed for digital cash operations. There is
no reason why she cannot make multiple copies of these coins - but
she must be careful to spend each coin only once...

- http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/1998-November/035933.html
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:31:57 AM

characteristics.  Alice purchases digital "coins" from her bank - as
likely spending.  Each "coin" is a few hundred bytes or so of

Interesting, but that's in 1998.  Anything more recent?
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:32:47 AM

I have a tested IQ of 140 and am skeptical of most things...Just saying. that we all have IQs of 140.

The creepy part is that I did as well. I rounded  up from 136... By any chance are you me?

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 03:35:11 AM

I think I got it now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zynga

Zynga (/ˈzɪŋɡə/) is a social network game developer located in San Francisco, United States.[5]

And this: http://techcrunch.com/2009/10/12/meet-the-new-hi5-its-game-time/

If there’s been one shining star on social network applications platforms, it’s been casual gaming: Zynga is rumored to be making an absolute killing with their games, and Mochi Media’s unified Flash payment platform has shown some very impressive early results. Now hi5, one of the world’s most popular social networks, is looking to capitalize on the trend. On Wednesday, the social network will be launching a totally revamped site that places a much stronger emphasis on games and virtual currency, along with a new avatar system. The site won’t go live for everyone for a few days, but you can check it out now at http://new.hi5.com.

The new hi5 still retains many of the same key features you’ll find on any social network — your profile consists of a photo or avatar, you can browse through your friends, and so on. But there’s clearly a much bigger emphasis on the site’s games and virtual currency (called ‘Coins’) than there was in the past. In the old design, the Games link was buried in the header, which also included links to Photos, Messages, Applications, and more. Now Games and Coins are both featured just as prominently as the link to your Profile and Friends. If it isn’t the first thing people will click on, it’s probably the second.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:35:19 AM

The creepy part is that I did as well. I rounded  up from 136... By any chance are you me?

Are we fishing?
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:39:57 AM

I think I got it now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zynga

Zynga (/ˈzɪŋɡə/) is a social network game developer located in San Francisco, United States.[5]

And this: http://techcrunch.com/2009/10/12/meet-the-new-hi5-its-game-time/

If there’s been one shining star on social network applications platforms, it’s been casual gaming: Zynga is rumored to be making an absolute killing with their games, and Mochi Media’s unified Flash payment platform has shown some very impressive early results. Now hi5, one of the world’s most popular social networks, is looking to capitalize on the trend. On Wednesday, the social network will be launching a totally revamped site that places a much stronger emphasis on games and virtual currency, along with a new avatar system. The site won’t go live for everyone for a few days, but you can check it out now at http://new.hi5.com.

The new hi5 still retains many of the same key features you’ll find on any social network — your profile consists of a photo or avatar, you can browse through your friends, and so on. But there’s clearly a much bigger emphasis on the site’s games and virtual currency (called ‘Coins’) than there was in the past. In the old design, the Games link was buried in the header, which also included links to Photos, Messages, Applications, and more. Now Games and Coins are both featured just as prominently as the link to your Profile and Friends. If it isn’t the first thing people will click on, it’s probably the second.

Bingo.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 03:42:19 AM

characteristics.  Alice purchases digital "coins" from her bank - as
likely spending.  Each "coin" is a few hundred bytes or so of

Interesting, but that's in 1998.  Anything more recent?

The year it declared bankruptcy.
No, interesting is all.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:19:07 AM

We talking about Omar Little? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Little

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 08:03:39 AM

He recommended that I take 10-15% of my total assets and invest them in all available digital currencies.  

Has anyone done this?  Are there other viable digital currencies besides bitcoin?  (Well, I guess there are the alt chains of bitcoin, any others?)

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 09:53:35 AM

Special offer, I will test your IQ to any number N you like > 150 for (N-150) bitcoins.
If you would like another two letters I can assign another number to them for you at no additional cost.
If you are still not satisfied I can make you CEO of as many corporations as you like for 200 bitcoins each.
Other groups of three letters also available, inquire for daily specials. 

plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:24:18 PM

Whats even more interesting is who would even hire a wack job like OP to work.

This fcker keeps making dumb threads everywhere.

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 03:41:07 PM

Whats even more interesting is who would even hire a wack job like OP to work.

This fcker keeps making dumb threads everywhere.

This post is not meant to dispute you claims, plastic.elastic. Personal, I kinda like the joint. I have also created my fair share of dumb threads, a couple of which took flight. Now Atlas, on the other hand, went a little overboard in my opinion, but some great discussions came from some of those threads. Matthew creates his fair share of threads also, of the which the same arguments I've just outlined for Atlas and I can apply. Again, I respect your opinion and just wanted to put my feelings on this issue in perspective, for all to read.

~Bruno~
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 03:46:34 AM

Why is the 'off topic entourage' in this thread?

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 08:46:58 AM

So this guy just offhandedly remarks that he's got 7 degrees and an abnormally high IQ? Was that before or after you shook hands? Maybe during?

I would be pretty leery of trusting anything someone like that says.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: